Streamtime Logo

Project & task management for creative teams and businesses

Streamtime Reviews - Page 4

RS

Ryan S.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

Fun and easy to use budget tracking

It made tracking my hours faster and easier. It's no longer a grind.

Pros

I like that Streamtime tracks my hours using visual blocks. It helps me understand where my hours are going easier. It's also super clear whats left on the budget which I like. I like that I could plan my week and get a quick visual of where my time will go. I like that there are various ways you can track your time. IE - I like to search the jobs using job numbers or project names - other people in the team prefer to drag and drop from the side panel. It's cool that Streamtime has allowed for different working styles. All of this means it's so much easier to use than the last job tracker I had.

SB

Sue B.

Design, 1-10 employees

Head and shoulders above the rest

Makes life easier all round.

Pros

Streamtime is easy to use, built specifically for creative agencies, design studios and digital agencies.

Cons

I'd like it to store the emails we send from it, at the moment we copy ourselves in.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Satisfied long time user

Streamtime understands the graphic design industry and helps me project manage and track my jobs efficiently.

Pros

Its functionality and ease of use. The customer service is always really helpful and I have always been responded to quickly and clearly.

Cons

I missed that the upgrade doesn't have the same print job sheet feature. And I miss the stop watch time tracker.

TS

Tillie S.

Streamtime

It is easy for my team to enter their time for each project. It is easy to use and navigate through.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the interface. It is a friendly looking site and very easy for my team to enter their time into.

Cons

I feel there is still room for improvement. There are certain bits of data that dont get pulled through for each project / job.

GC

Graham C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great solution for a marketing and creative agency

Easy to sue easy to learn right from the start

Pros

Supers easy to use. Perfect functions for scoping out a project, quoting and invoicing. We are loving the stream time"

Cons

Nothing we love it however it has a lot of functions we do not use but that’s not a negative

Thanks so much for your review Graham! Music to our ears :-)

BJ

Brett J.

User friendly, intuitive and great LOCAL support no matter where you are in the world - 10/10

Pros

The 'To Do' list is a perfect tool for creatives as it allows them to quickly organise their day. They also love the drag and drop feature as it eliminates manual entries. From a management perspective we can see everything in one place and quickly assign job as required. The 'To Do' list is really one of many great features of this program.

Cons

Truthfully, I wish our company had adopted this software earlier as it's made operating the business and managing teams much easier!

LW

Leo W.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Productivity Booster

Streamtime helps us organised the studio and have a clear view on who's working on what and what else is coming. It gives us visibility and therefore the ability to plan and engage resources better, saving us money and time.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that it is fast and super simple to use. It's very intuitive, it's well design and there are constant improvements.

Cons

There are certain features that are not yet available for the purpose of my industry. (i.e. being able to quote multiple items in one invoice)

MM

Matthew M.

Design, 1-10 employees

Pros

Easy to use, I like how you can "drag" the hours up and down to increase/decrease the time you've spent on a project, the colours are fun,

Cons

When listing projects throughout the day I can't see the name of the project, just the item I'm working on, so it's inconvenient to add time to a project that I've already added. Mostly I'm working on similar items for each project so my list is just all the same. If the list was the project names it would be alot faster to modify.

CC

Carlos C.

Design, 11-50 employees

A perfect balance of power and flexibility.

Streamtime has made the set up and management of our creative studio projects much simpler and transparent. As well as being an absolute pleasure to use.

Pros

Smart UX-first design and development just makes any task feel natural and logical. Single click, real time editing. Information rich transparency. Interconnectivity between all the areas of the platform makes movement and navigation a breeze. Less admin, less clicks

Cons

Items on the To Do screen give priority to the name of the task rather than project number or name which makes it harder to scroll through and identify. However the search filter is pretty slick so it's not that much of a biggy.

Love Streamtime

Pros

I love Streamtime. It works just as we want it to and keeps us super organised. The site has a great tone of voice and I love the little characters etc. that pop up along the way.

Cons

There are a couple of kinks sometimes with Streamtime - some of the functionality can be a little klunky at times (like adding on a new job - sometimes there's a delay in moving between sections to add the information) but they are good at continually working to improve things.

SD

Sam D.

Ocean Design Review of Streamtime

We have been avid Streamtime classic users for many years. The opportunity arose to try the new version so we jumped at the chance. For a light fast moving group who need organising, but not managing and information but not inputs, Streamtime fits the bill. Inducting people into using it is very easy. We started testing with a small sub set of our business to see if the new version of streamtime would work for not only the sub part but the larger main organisation.

Pros

Simplicity of user setup is fantastic. And even though the support is not really needed, the support team goes out of their way to ensure your questions are answered in relation to your organisation. This is a subtle but important point. The ongoing additions to the original release are not adding clutter as in many iterative software releases, but adding value. The recent release of the analytics console was brilliant.

Cons

It cannot read my mind. I would like the developers to put some energy into a direct interface with my brain.

Hey Sam, mind reading is on our TO DO list - I actually knew you we're going to say that.

CC

Carlos C.

Design, self-employed

Easy to use job creation, and simple time spent tracking.

Great way to visualise where projects are at, limit paper/print use and get jobs and job-flow organised.

Pros

Easy to create jobs with tasks and costs easy to plan day or week pause, complete or archive jobs

Cons

logs me out every day (no doubt a privacy thing) on TO DO screen, My Items hard to work out at a glance. All jobs look the same. Colour-coding or another option could help. Reporting option would be great. Amount earned in last quarter or year etc, hours.

TD

Tony D.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Delivers everytime

Our team has transitioned to the new cloud-based streamtime effortlessly. The new interface is easy to use and well laid out. It makes managing our creative team so much easier.

Pros

Intuitive interface makes it easy to use

Cons

Need to think differently about your time sheet now but it is a good transition

Cheers thanks Tony!

NE

Nic E.

Design, 1-10 employees

Our shift to Streamtime has brought about a major increase in our studio wide efficiency.

Efficiency of time management, better structure around job creation, ability to quickly invoice for ad hoc time spent, ability to quickly edit and assign unplanned time to items/jobs.

Pros

Streamtime helps me capture the time spent on a wide variety of tasks (items) and then invoice the client from within the same application. It is seamless and quick. It also allows me to pre-plan my week and allocate resources within my studio so I know precisely who is doing what and when.

Cons

Generating quotes variations can be a little clunky. Needs a better way of managing the inevitable variations that come with estimating design work.

effortless organisation

Pros

It's extremely clear and easy to use. When there's limited time in the day then you need a programme like Streamtime which is straightforward and to the point.

Cons

Nothing! You've addressed the problems I had with the last version in terms of looking through jobs .

CB

Claire B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Absolutely Fantastic!

It has made my day to day life so much easier, from planning my time, doing my timesheet, quoting and invoicing clients and updating my manager. Great product for any size business! I'd recommend it to everyone!

Pros

This system is so easy to use on a day to day basis and then great at the end of the week/month for reporting. Ryan and the team are also fantastic help when you are initially learning and have complicated questions when in the deep end. I'd recommend this product to everyone!

Cons

Can't fault it! Any little review/issue item has been fixed or explained by the team and has then made the system even easier to use.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Efficient and easy. Definitely recommend.

Pros

I love that this program is very efficient. It's also easy to use. I use this for a lot of digital and graphic design. I've managed to make a good amount of money using Streamtime and it's been great and my clients have both been kind and cooperative. When contacting customer support, they were nothing but kind to me.

Cons

Some clients of mine live around the globe so it would be great if different kinds of currencies could be utilized.

Many Thanks for the review. We do support multi currency in Streamtime now so drop us a chat inside the app and we can show you how to set that up!

11-50 employees

Quick and easy to plan jobs, create quotes and track time

Pros

Overall, it's really easy to use. Planning jobs and creating quotes is really quick and straightforward. It also makes it easy to amend quotes based on client feedback and get them an updated version. It's already saved me a lot of time / made me more efficient. I've also used quite a few time-tracking apps and this is by far the quickest/least painful way of doing it. Everyone hates tracking their time, but this takes the sting out. Onboarding my colleague and teaching her how to use it was easy as well. Much of it is self-explanatory so it only took about half an hour and she was up and running.

Cons

The only thing that jumps to mind is adding a job number to a job. It's not easily 'discoverable' how to add a job number unless you know where to look. I always forget to add one for this reason, but it's a 10-second job to go back and add one later so it's not a big deal.

tl

thomas l.

Design, 11-50 employees

Pretty good but sometimes great

pretty good best time sheet program i have used, i can't comment of the invoice/suit side of things

Pros

very simple to use times sheets have never been easer , designers hate time sheets and finally after 15 years in the industry you guys made it not a chore to do.

Cons

to many emails about stuff , im busy and i don't care , sorry no offence support timing sometimes annoying we are in NZ if i have a problem first thing , AUS not at work for 2 hours......

MF

Mark F.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Streamtime - Easily one of the best out there for what we want

Pros

The platforms ease of use, the development list to showing what is in the pipeline and the cost is sustainable for our size company. Exports are easy, reviewing time logged against each job is also seamless using the various filters.

Cons

The dashboard is too basic. It has the capabilities to give massive insights to your business, therefore a better built in dashboard would be great.

DB

Daniel B.

Design, self-employed

Streamtime is just awesome!

Excellent, they are very helpful and attentive to my needs!

Pros

It's advanced simplicity, beautiful interface and just a great user experience, couldnt imagine what I would do without it!

Cons

Can't think of anything, its just great!

VS

Vicki S.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Review on Stramtime

I am able to better track where the studio jobs are at.

Pros

It's pretty simple and easy to use. I like that I can log in from anywhere and do a quote. Our old filemaker based system was old and clunky and not easy to access remotely. I like the reporting functionality and how easy it is to see how a job is tracking. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

It would be good to be able to merge and keep the cost against each line item. I have repeatedly asked for this to be looked at. Having a heading and a line item for each service offering makes the quote way too long. Clients want short concise and explicit quotes. There is no spell check letting you know something maybe misspelt. The quoting function is a bit clunky and you can end up having multiple drafts everytime you go back to alter a cost etc.

PC

Paula C.

Upon signing up I was given fantastic followup support to make sure I knew how to use the software.

Pros

The ease of use is fantastic, everything makes sense and is intuitive, it does what I need, plus everything looks good!

Cons

It's cost effective for one person, but once you start multiplying users the cost goes up quickly. Disappointed I would have to pay double to link in with Xero (that's the part of the other plan that I'm keen on being a sole trader). The person I referred got a better deal than me which kinda frustrating.

Hey Paula, thanks for your review :) I'm certainly happy to hook you up with the Xero integration for referring a friend. Cheers! Aaron, Founder

NT

Natalie T.

The best thing that happened to us in 2017

Pros

There are soooo many things we love. - Recording our time sheets is a game changer. - Having essentially a run sheet of the status of all of our jobs. - Invoicing and estimates. - The support staff. As soon as we have a slight issue, they are on to it! I feel like we are probably not using Streamtime to its full potential. But we love what we do know.

ÁB

Áine B.

Excellent

Great system, great team. Always get a reply in plain language to any questions or queries. Our team love it. Very easy to train people on how to use."

Pros

The ease of use and the customer service

Cons

I don't find anything lacking in this software- they are always open to feedback and offer suggestions on how to work around issues or create new ways of working with the software