SwiftKanban Reviews

4.4

How would you rate SwiftKanban?

Pros

I love the Analytics, playback option and workflow. It’s very powerful and helps you make decisions easily and help you track the progress on execution.

Aparna R.

The best feature of Kanban is the ability to customize details of a project to manage and run reports, you're able to add details to each card to track individual things aside from the project.

EI

Elizabeth I.

I like the simplicity and flexibility of the tool, in addition to the analytics it offers.

Cons

Not marketed enough and lack of awareness of this product by the leaders in organization unlike JIRA or Rally/CA technologies.

Aparna R.

This is my largest complaint. You don't listen and actively reject suggestions for improvement.

ah

alan h.

BB

Bob B.

Solid and powerful implementation of the Kanban philosphy

SwiftKanban helped us to live the Kanban philosphy in the company with staff and teams that is distributed across different locations.

Pros

I love the ability to link cards to each other across boards and track their overall progress as well as the ability to identify problems in a large project. I think SwiftKanban offers a very clear and straight-forward implementation of the Kanban philosophy with swim lanes, WIP limits, blocking reason tracking etc.

Cons

Some things need some polishing like Analytics (CFD charts across *all* lanes of a board), there are some minor issues with special characters and HTML tags in card descriptions and other minor bugs.

People over tools

Great - the vendor is interested in feedback and experiences. They are transparent about about their enhancement roadmap, quickly resolve questions, introduce with quick training any new features and maintain their support archive/Help site very well.

Pros

Swift gives people many alternative options to manage work - it doesn't 'make you' track work in a particular way. First, the application is stable even with multiple application windows open at the same time. Second, there are a thoughtful limitation of options and enforcement of hierarchical card rules (at the application level) that result in not imposing wasteful admin overhead of non-applicable data entry for features that do not apply to the individual team. The individual team can choose to activate many alternate restrictions to support individual process controls that are more valuable, such as work in process limits, parent/child card relationships, list selections instead of free-text. Swift itself does not get in the way of people using the application.

Cons

There are not things I particularly dislike.

PO's review on SwiftKanban

SwiftKanban is allright for managing a small team's work in a visual way and organize the efforts of developers. The metrics generated by it are, however, the best funcionality of the software.

Pros

I like how SwiftKanban counts time and generates it's own metrics about the development's progress. Having multiple boards is also a good thing, specially since it allows cards to be linked between boards, which makes work among different teams easier.

Cons

The hot reload everytime something is changed in a page (converting a card, creating a lane), the preservation of the previous board when clicking a link of another one, the non-existance of bug cards of different costs for bugs found mid-development, in QA and in production.

Very good but it can improve

In general, SWK helps me to control the team, define roles and priorities, and that's a big difference in the market.

Pros

Without a doubt, the card movement part is exceptional. The visibility format, the ease of writing the details is very intuitive.

Cons

I still believe that the application could have a better analitycs part. The UX of this part is very bad, the configuration of reports is not good. The user is lost.

Not open to customer feedback

No, didn't really feel like this would be a better solution than any other product - overall the features are the same and the customer support is mediocre - they don't take suggestions at all. Pretty much quit using it after that.

Pros

does the basic features - allows for a simple (free) entry path to get started.

Cons

This is my largest complaint. you don't listen and actively reject suggestions for improvement. My recommendation was persistent value rewards (think: S&H green stamps) that could be traded later for team pizza party and/or company swag, etc. I was told FLAT OUT by customer service that I should be ashamed for making such a ridiculous suggestion (no they didn't say that, they made me feel that way by their flat rejection). we talk a lot about user experience, but NEVER consider that customer service is a KEY part of that experience. it goes way beyond the interface.

Hi Alan, Thank you for your review and feedback. We are really grateful you took the time to respond and help us improve. Please be assured we will make efforts to ensure no future trial or actual user goes through the same experience. It is true that due to the high number of suggestions we get from our users, we cannot act on all of them, and we realize you understand that already. But it is equally important we take the time to review your feedback and suggestions and give you a fair hearing. If you are still open to spending a bit more time on this, we would love to better understand the situation and make amends. Thank you.

Pros and Cons

It´s been ok

Pros

VIsual management helps not only the teams but also the manager to understand where is teh project and where we need help

Cons

sometimes is not easy to have manager's reports , the information its not usefull

Simple yet Powerful Tool that supports great decision making and execution

Cons

Works well but we've just scratched the surface

It's worked well. It does way more than what we use it for and we've just scratched the surface, but there are ways we wish it was easier to see one week's worth of work for one person at a time.

Pros

I like the visual layout and intuitive use of the software for project tracking, and being able to use it to track time from multiple users.

Cons

Maybe there's a way to do this, but we can't find it. I'd love for people to be able to see their week at once and enter hours for each product from that higher view instead of having to go into each card and enter their hours for one date at a time. Also, the fields inside the cards are finicky. Why can't I highlight existing text (like a 0) and start typing over it like any other software's text fields? I have to place my cursor after the 0, hit backspace, and then type in the right number. Very non-intuitive.

Amazing Software! Great Way to Collaborate.

Overall, SwiftKanban is a fantastic product that I've used across multiple jobs/roles. It's a fantastic way to stay organized (at an individual level) as well as keeping leaders apprised of what you're working on and how far along you are. Get it! You won't be disappointed!

Pros

Kanban board Task tracking Completion status Easy to use!!!

Cons

Wish you could copy cards across boards (in case you're like me and realize you made a mistake and put it in the wrong board!) Wish there was a way for admins to go back and change user names.

Great tool to manager and follow big project of software!

Pros

It is an excellent tool to monitor large software projects with several multidisciplinary teams. It allows to monitor alerts, issues, blocked tasks, backlog, activities is much broader than simple boards applications

Cons

The price can be quite high for small organizations and the learning curve to adapt to the tool is very great given all that can be done with this application. You need corrections in the web version has some bugs

Digite's Swift Kanban: There is none other like it

Swift is without a doubt the most effective way to visually manage, track and report on the work that your team is or will be engaged in. The UI is extremely intuitive and user friendly, providing one less thing for teams to worry about when implementing Kanban systems. The included help files in the form of a knowledge database provide the most up to date information and comprehensive step by step walkthroughs of the functionality of Swift. The tool has been accepted by and is the preferred standard for teams implementing Kanban, regardless of the nature of their work within the organization, and continues to increase its user base on a weekly basis

Pros

With Swift, users have the ability to create a board that is fit for purpose, collect data systemically about the work that resides on the board and work in a truly collaborative environment to deliver to solutions for their customers. The pricing structure works very well for our organization; we draw from a pool of licenses and if we need more, we simply request them and add that number to the overall...

Cons

Swift has trouble at times from a performance perspective with WebEx. We have noticed that participants in a WebEx meeting sometimes experience slowness with the tool when making modifications to their boards.

Tool for Manager the Process

We have one tool for all dev teams, and help us a lot to see all de gaps.

Pros

- Collaboration: everyone has the same view, and can communicate using comments in cards - Data Tracking: The data of Work/Wait/Blocked are awesome, help a lot when we aggregate in Strategic View.

Cons

- Could be more user friendly, for new users.

Swiftkanban Journey

I am using Swiftkanban since 2015, with a very good experience of use both internally and for our clients.

Pros

Cons

I would like it to have a native mobile version for push notifications and analytics reports.

Bruno Pessoa Review

my overall experience with SwiftKanban is very good, it helps me a lot in the day and I can follow the progress of my projects in a visual way. I wish I could customize my desktop better and I don't like the font styles that are commonly used. But overall it's a software that helps me a lot and I like it.

Pros

The way we can visualize all the steps of the process acting as a team

Cons

I liked it less about this software, some features are a little complex and it makes the work harder to fill in the activities and the dates for execution are sometimes not so clear

User Review

Pros

I primarily use the software as a time management system and to track the status of my projects. Kanban makes this simple to do.

Cons

As a user, Kanban gives me what I need to use it effectively on a daily basis so I am not finding anything that I would need to improve on.

Ability to manage multiple aspects of a project

Pros

Cons

Kanban can run slow when new features are implemented, during daily use, you can run into refresh issues. updates to the website are often not as user friendly as they may seem.

Good but can improve

Good

Pros

Card personalising is good to use for purpose of my needs rather than old fashioned defaults template cards

Cons

Rules ease of use is not great as it’s many a times not working as expected

Practical for everyday

We use it to manage software development demands and connect them to company initiatives

Pros

We used the card hierarchy functionality a lot, we also liked the flexibility when setting up the board layout.

Cons

I believe that because there are many ways to do some things, the use ends up becoming complex for new users.

Excellent AGILE project/task management

Pros

I really like the swim lanes and the ability to track every stage of the AGILE workflow of every project/task. Also the ability to automate recurring cards.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes about this application

Awsome Kanaban tool!!!!

Working on this tool for more than a year it cover all the aspects that are expected from a Kanban tool.Some of the feature are really unique and standout from the other products.The tool exceeds our expectation in many ways and would definitely recommend more people to use it.

Pros

Playback option is very unique and only tool providing the same. The analytic provides a complete set of the components required to check the board progress. UI is sleek and easy to understand.

Cons

There should be bulk option provided for various operations should be provided in the tool

Nice app, good to manage teamwork

Pros

-It´s visual -Easy to comprehend -You can do the set up in no time

Cons

-I´d like more design options for the board -Managing the cards can be kind of complicated -It´s not free (but it´s worth the money)

the simple well done

Pros

Great kamban system, perfect for teamwork.

Cons

system not very customizable and lacks more integrations with other tools on the market

good

Pros

console is nice looking and good visibility

Overall Positive

Pros

Quick and easy to record time once you get the hang of it.

Cons

I don't like that I have to hunt and peck around to locate different time cards. Not as intuitive as I would like.

Kanban!!

It's great and does what we needed to do.

Pros

It does what we need it to do. We have a simple process that we just needed to visualize.

Cons

Some features that I can't figure out. We are using it for something it wasn't designed to do.