Toggl Plan

Helping teams plan their time and juggle lots of projects.

Toggl Plan Reviews

Laura d.

Thomas J.

Miguel M.

Cons

I had trouble finding all functionalities on app that are on the web. Gganted I was using it before their newest app version.

Algirdas Z.

Stuart K.

Lauren J.

Another great app from Toggl

Transcript

Tulio: I'm Tulio, I'm a marketing consultant for educators, and I give Toggl Plan a four out of five...

Finally, an easy to use Gantt chart system.

I have used Teamweek to help myself keep on track and on target with my projects.

Pros

I have always known about myself that I need a Gantt style chart and linear-style calendar in order to keep myself on top of my various projects. I had tried so many other options and felt like it was hopeless. Then I somehow found Teamweek and was so impressed with the ease of use, the simplicity, and the clarity.

Cons

My only complaint would be that there is a bit of a learning curve for how YOU might want to use it. For example, just figuring out the best use of the different options and how they may relate to your projects.

Cheap and easy, love it

I have been using this service for over a year now and don't see me needing anything else in the future, so I guess that it works pretty well for me! In the few times I have needed customer service, they have been very helpful and quick to respond.

Pros

I work hourly for clients so having a time feature on tasks is beneficial for me so that I can make estimations on my tasks and help plan my day(s). It's really easy to set up and re-schedule tasks and I utilise that Kanban view.

Cons

I think having recurring tasks might be a useful feature to implement in future. It can be a pain to create several of the same task. The big issue for me, however, is the lack of synergy between Toggl Plan and Toggl Track. I wish that if you created a project on one, it would transfer over to the other and you can begin tracking time on that project. They kind of seem like two separate softwares from two different companies right now. It's not the end of the world, but having something that ties hand-in-hand would be perfect.

Needs work but is excellent.

Positive. Good for generic task and planner planning (not for fullscale proj planning tho with dependencies etc, but thats not what I wanted). Needs better project integration (I don't understand it and trying to split up projects resulted in data loss, so just made all different projects parts of one big project.. Tasks (bizarrely called Icebox) is a bit of a chore. No one uses tasks by hours and minutes (has the dev ever done any PM?), so drop that in favour of making it really easy to set a number of days without having to chose dates. That said, tasks v useful, and drag and drop between folders etc excellent (provided you use with care).

Pros

SIMPLE TO USE! GREAT VIEW OPTIONS (3 months etc) -- Drag and Drop, easy edit of task positions and length, easy & flexi coloring, nice banding (called "segments"), easy note adding. Easily shared with colleagues (don't bother adding them as extra users tho [see Cons], just share the link).

Cons

No Data Export that I can find (which in itself is a concern -- help has broken links and seems chaotic), often does odd things and loses edits (minor so far, but this is why data export / import is vital). Poor Android version, but this prob a work in progress. Rollback also needed. The URL needs to be more consistent (at moment, it changes as you change project or view etc, leaving you wondering what your true URL is leaving one wondering where data will be next time. Tried to turn off daily report but still pesters me, so don't add your colleagues as separate email users or you might get some cross colleagues).

Great Software! The nicest interface!

I arrived to Toggl plan by serendipity looking for pomodoro Toggl tracker Feature. I love to try new tools and Toggle tracker is almost a must have productivity tool to me. Very comfortable to make plans and divided them in logic tasks, with a really nice look and and feel. A small and lovely usability detail: You don't have to press edit or save to make changes on cards, totally comfortable feature when you are in planning meetings

Pros

The interface of Toggl Plan is the most friendly and well designed of all kanban tools. Lovely typo, colors and very exact descriptions on cards, made me have crush with the tool. The

Cons

Sadly it has a weird integration with Toggl Tracker (even it works better with Trello). You can't see directly your Toggl Tracker clients and related them with a plan. Also when you go to your account, you can't back to the tool (had to click back button several times on the browser) With this small fixes, would be best tool.

Easy, simple, and beautiful tool for project management

It has allowed myself and our team to become more efficient by knowing who's doing what, which deadlines are shared across global offices, and to view 'at a glance' someone's work load and specific projects to collaborate.

Pros

It's incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Mouse interaction for dragging and duplicating tasks makes this feel like a high quality, well developed tool. The design is beautiful and is easy on the eyes as well, specially after this year's latest update.

Cons

It doesn't allow full customization beyond colors for projects/tasks, or to see progress "at a glance"/without needing to click on a task.

Capacity Resourcing at it's best!

I had spoken to a handful of platforms and tried the free trials of others, and they just wasn't what I needed. When I found Toggl Plan there was no looking back. It has the high level functionality of assigning weekly capacity so I can plan my weeks/months accurately, with the more in depth phases, tasks, milestones, etc that is needed on an individual project level. There is the ability to include larger teams, and I can share the project timelines with my clients to track progress and be o the same page. It is very simple and intuitive to use.

Pros

What I like most is the 'Team View' timelines so I can plan my time/projects accordingly. I can see a high level view of what projects I have, how many hours I need to work on each project that week, what weeks are fully booked, and when I can book the next project in without burning myself out. I can also see project deadlines (milestones) within the same view. What is also super awesome is I can share these timelines on an individual client level so they can see their project and what is scheduled as well as the project progress.

Cons

The only thing I have found a little annoying is the hourly assignments. You have to calculate the daily capacity which means if the 'phase' of a project moves from 4 days to only 2 days but it requires the same amount of time associate with it you have to re-calculate the daily hours. It would be nice if you could simply assign a weekly amount of hours to a phase, and then have that amount stay as it is whether the phase is stretched across 1, 2, 3 days or all week.

Looking good - but not quite there yet

It's been good. I used this as my go to planning app for projects and studies for around 3 months and it worked well. I still use it now when I need to plan for the long term and want to quickly calculate if I have enough person hours available. I am hoping a few more improvements will come in on the daily planning side, perhaps some more integrations, and I can get additional use out of the service.

Pros

This is a really cool app. It was great for planning my studies. I still use it occassionally for long term planning of projects. The drag and drop interface worked well. I liked the hour calculation.

Cons

I felt the mobile experience was lacking. It's amazing for long term planning, even weekly planning, but gets awkward when it comes to daily planning, or planning in fine detail for timetabling. It's great for regular arrangements, but gets messy when it comes to extraordinary events.

A Simple, Easy and Effective Planning Tool

It's a tool that helped me organized my entire working space in 15 minutes, with an extraordinary simplicity and effectiveness. What else would I want?

Pros

The Simplicity above all. It runs super smoothly.

Cons

Doesn't have an android app yet. At least in the Brazilian Play Store.

A more streamlined, intuitive version of task management

Pros

This a a great alternative to the 'heavier' apps like Asana, which used heavily before. Switching between board and timeline view is a breeze, and I like all of the available features in the free version. It has everything I need for personal task management (and a team up to 5).

Cons

Perhaps some integration with my existing email system (i.e. Gmail) might be helpful to integrate communications into my project plans.

Great functionality - good pricing

It has been very easy to setup our new project and start adding various activities and assigning timelines and people. I would recommend this to any team starting a project.

Pros

The visual representation of team availability in combination with the ability to attach various kinds of information to tasks. Also, the collaboration potential by being able to share information with third parties.

Cons

I have not singled out a negative aspect of the software yet besides the fact that the gantt view becomes too crowded with too many tasks and many people in the team. Maybe it should have more view types.

A pretty great and unique looking app for tasks in a timeline

I personally use Toggl Plan only for managing myself (both for my job but also for my personal projects), and it is essentially a log tool more than a planning tool. There aren't any specific reason to not use this app to its fullest, but the features suit my needs perfectly. What I really appreciate with using Toggl Plan is that I can have a great overview of all the things I've done along the timeline - which is pretty motivating.

Pros

What I really appreciate with Toggl Plan is the way of displaying the tasks on a horizontal timeline. It sounds pretty simple, but haven't seen any other product proposing such ergonomy. And the UI/colors have always been pretty nice which make it really pleasant to use.

Cons

One issue I can think of with Toggl Plan (which is not that big) is the performances. On powerful enough computers it's smooth, but I often use it on a Windows tablet (Yoga Book v1) which is limited - however other web apps look smoother than Toggl Plan. Though, the timeline navigation is obvisouly heavy in DOM manipulation thus it's understandable. And finally I would really like to have a "2 weeks" view : The "week" view is too large for having an overall view on the tasks, and the "month" view makes the tasks' titles too short to read.

Moving Parts = Toggl Plan can help!

I would have to say the customer service is exceptional. As a non-profit, we are limited in the resources we can use and the Toggl Plan team has been super helpful in working with us to meet our needs. When I first started in my current position I was a bit lost on how to organize everything and keep my team on track. We have a lot of processes in place that are similar but I felt like we needed something a bit more simple. After a lot of research, I decided Toggl Plan (previously Teamweek) seemed like the best option. They strive to offer new features and it has been a great improvement for our teams productivity.

Pros

The software is super user-friendly and not confusing in the slightest which is always nice. As a small-ish team of around 5 it has been really helpful to look at our workspace and see everyone's priorities. Before moving to Toggl Plan I was constantly asking everyone what was on their plate for the day and then we talked about prioritization. With this software I am able to see what the research assistants have on their to-do lists without having to spend the extra time asking. The milestones are super helpful in recalling previous dates of launches and whatnot. I am a huge fan of Toggl Plan and so is the entire team. We also LOVE all of the colors :)

Cons

I wouldn't say there is anything I dislike about the software but after using it for almost two years now there are some functionalities feedback that would be helpful to have. One thing that I know you are all working on developing is the reoccurring tasks....this would be incredibly helpful and save me the time of duplicating things over and over again. I also think it would be helpful to have a different type of calendar view (similar to an actual calendar you put on a wall) It would also be great if Toggl good work on developing more integration tools (with outlook for example) I also think it would be helpful to have a different type of calendar view not just

Toggle Plan - Easy and Simple - Serves the purpose

This product is the most simple and easy to use tool for planning my projects. I have used and tested a lot of different tools but TogglePan works the best.

Pros

The ease to add tasks and sharing feedback via comments works great. I really like the icebox feature to store everything that pops up in my mind and which i can always go back to, to see what my brainwaves have been.

Cons

I would like the DONE tasks to be out greyed together with the done icon. The IN PROGRESS icon i do not like and i think that might be a more splashing colour. The mobile app is still in the old TEAMWEEK version (which i have used for 3 years already), this should be transfered to Toggle Plan. I do not like the horizontal week overview in the mobile app...i rather would like to see that in portrait.

Hey Sandy, Thank you for your kind review! Our team is super happy to hear that you've found value in our product. We wanted to clarify a few things brought up in your review. You're right, when you mark a task as "Done" and it fades, the icon still keeps its original appearance. However, there's a workaround if you prefer not to see the emojis you can change or remove the emojis in Plan Board views (just click on the emoji icons in column headers). Same applies to the "In-progress" icon these can be changed. Regarding the mobile app, we're currently in the process of hiring a dedicated mobile person to bring the app up to date with the many changes our tool has gone through. Hope this helps!

Just enough of the basics

I always like the idea of a robust project management system, but they always get to be a job managing it that I tended to stop using them. This is the perfect mix of essential features with ease of use without the bells and whistles that become overwhelming in their nuance. Those are nice, I suppose if you have the time to spend ringing those bells and whistles. I do not. This is a very happy medium.

Pros

My favorite is the timeline. I love that I can manage tiles in typical board fashion and easily see how it lays on a timeline. In addition to that, milestones or holidays can be seen across timelines which is fantastic for keeping important dates visible across projects. And in addition to THAT, there is the Team timeline which is super helpful to see all of my stuff group together in one timeline and relative to the rest of my team.

Cons

Some times I have to refresh my screen for changes on the board to show up on the timeline, but that's not a deal breaker. Also, I wish I could set recurring tasks.

Reliable Tool for Tracking Time for Clients and Projects

Toggl is critical to my client billing. The software allows me set up unique rates for clients and / or projects, and I'm able to pull detailed, accurate reports for clients who are billed by the hour. For my clients who pay me a retainer, I'm able to track my time on specific projects and tasks and ensure that I'm not working too little or too much against the retainer.

Pros

I've been using Toggl for years now to track my time on many projects for multiple clients, and what I like most about this app is the easy-to-use interface. The functionality is very intuitive and it's easy to set up clients, projects, track time and pull reports. There is a third layer of tracking that helps me identify time spent on specific tasks as part of projects.

Cons

Very occasionally, I will think I've started the timer on a task and it doesn't start, so I'll have to manually enter my time, which is easy to do.

Project Management for a creative industry

Great, we have only been using Teamweek for a few days and its already improving our work flow and it so easy to get everyone up and running with it.

Pros

Think you have a great lead on the creatives market like ours, architects, as we need something visual to plan out work but simple and easily flexible to however we may plan our work flow. A lot of the other sites I checked out are very well built but also very focused on particular business model. Creative businesses like ours tend to float about somewhere around it all and we don't so much need a business strategy planner but we do need something fluid to let our individual and quite unique projects to grow in an understandable way.

Cons

There are a few areas of the software and mobile apps that need polishing and a few extra simple features that need adding but I am more than happy to act as a product tester.

Intuitive design, great value, and terrific customer support

We have implemented Teamweek to keep track of the many projects we take on. The format is easy for all to use and it's great to see everyone on one page. Beautiful interface, intuitive design, and ease of navigation make Teamweek the best project management application we've worked with!

Pros

Teamweek provides an intuitive interface that we find very helpful when viewing multiple projects for a 3-month period. Color-coding and project details are very handy when we have multiple people working on a similar project. The customer service is fast and truly helpful. You get a real live person! We LOVE Teamweek!

Cons

The only con is I wish you could see an entire year for a team that has 5 or less employees, but that's it!

Toggl Plan - A silky smooth experience from truly useful software

I find Toggl Plan very pleasing to use overall. I also really appreciate nice little touches like right clicking to copy/paste task blocks, or a native dark mode which make using this app a piece of cake. It's obviously been designed by people who actually use it.

Pros

+Easy to use and get set up with and easy to add teammates to +I liked that I could split up tasks by categories but then see everything in the birds-eye project view +Functional and quick to use, with handy importing task features (ie from CSV) or via a chrome extension +I absolutely LOVED the drag interface - feels way better than manually entering in start and finish dates, and I liked that I could simply drag the task block to other team members if needed +Quite a generous trial version (and support was really friendly and helpful and didn't pressure me to buy the premium version which makes me much more inclined to buy)

Cons

-If I was going to be picky, I'd say some of the default colours for task blocks are a little too glarey (but it's easy to change them). -It would be super nice if there were a few more native integrations, but I'm sure these will come with time

Extremely good product! Really glad that I came across it.

Pros

Ease of use, look and feel of the product and the functionalities available, makes this product value for money. The timeline view is super impressive and it really helps me get a real time view on what each one of my team is working on. My review will be highly incomplete without mentioning the quick support I got from the Helpdesk team especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. They were prompt with their responses and went to the bottom of issues to help me resolve them.

Cons

I won't say that I have any least favorite features. I would rather mention that ones that would be a good to have. Would like to see the Board view live which is being tested at the moment. It would be highly helpful to add reminder emails for set tasks and not all. Would be good to be able to add dependencies on items and also be able to assign more than one person for the same task.

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience! I wanted to clarify one thing mentioned it is already possible to assign more than one person for the same task in Toggl Plan. You can do it in the task pop-up by simply adding as many names as needed to the same task. Hope this helps! :)

Simple, but effective

There are a ton of project managers out there and I think I've tried just about all of them. As I noted earlier, it's just me and the clients I serve so I don't need a lot. But I do need an easy way to keep track of what I'm working on without feeling overwhelmed. Toggl Plan helps me stay focused on the "main thing" to get it done and move on to the next.

Pros

As a solo professional, I wear a lot of hats. This software will help you keep track of all of your "hats". It's simple - which means you can get up to speed quickly - and you can see what you need to do each day at a glance.

Cons

I wish this software had the ability to set up recurring tasks - and that it connected with Toggl's timer & invoicing app - but other than that I really can't think of anything else I'd want.

Simple and Favorite time keeping app!

Pros

I love toggl. It's so focused on what it's meant to be; a time tracking app. I've tried a number of apps like this and they all require a lot of clicks or taps to get it started. This one is simple and had the least number of steps to start tracking. The mobile app is just like the website so there's no trouble in using either platform. It just simply works and helps track the work.

Cons

One feature wish is that it would track what programs you use. I've seen some productivity apps that track what apps or programs you are using and for how long, having this and a project timer would be ideal for tracking not only how long you are working on something but also which programs you have to use most in project.

Solid time tracking for individuals and enterprise environments

Toggle does have it right and if your business is more about tracking time for billing purposes, this might very well be the tool you need. It is not overkill and it provides everything you need for billing purposes. It goes that extra mile with reporting mechanisms that provide visibility into your business profitability. And it goes beyond tracking a project but, rather, tracking your entire portfolio and teams.

Pros

Toggl offers a solution for individuals, small business and enterprise environments, alike. It provides visibility at an individual level, as well as an overal team level. If provides the time tracking of a project with the overview of a program. Toggl also offers an extensive list of reporting mechanisms that extend beyond the traditional number of hours per project. With advanced features like the ability to identify profitability across one or more projects, Toggl can actually become a project management tool in environments practicing a Kanban or Lean Agile approach.

Cons

The subscriptions might not necessarily provide the specific features you seek in their breakdown. Chances are that depending on your business size, you might find that going from one level to the other may or may not offer exactly what you need and give you more than you really desire. In other words, you might need to jump to the next subscription level for that one and only feature you need, and not necessarily all you are paying for.

Great visualization of roadmap and timelines for projects and/or teams

Great product. Easy to use. Good price for all features. It seems it is supported by a good dynamic team, and the product keeps improving.

Pros

Toggl Plan (formerly known as Teamweek) is a very easy tool to understand and use. It offers a simple, yet clean an powerful visualization of tasks, projects and teams. The Toggl team is constantly updating the web app and including new features, which is great. Also, the possibility of seeing the timeline in different views (project, vs people, vs segments) and with different zooms in time (week, month, 3 months, annual) is also very good.

Cons

In general me and my colleagues are very happy with Toggl plan and we do not see any major disadvantages. We would like that there are more integrations to calendars available. Also maybe a direct integration to Jira and Confluence from Attlasian.

THIS SOFTWARE IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY EVERYTHING IS BETTER IN MY LIFE

In toggl I find my focus is the place were i task every Teamworks and is the place were i put all the thinks and thinking's I consider fundamental for the success of the department and is the place were my bosses could now at I am doing and what I'm going for

Pros

The simplicity of use and and the way I can assure those tasks for my colleagues the Wonder the timeline and I can't could see the different areas of the my plans In the past I try different softwares of them same a area toggl plan is definitely the best one

Cons

I don't like i can't change the color when I text in the rain the software is like right in different colors and not only in black color iken detecting bold overline under line if then not connect change text color and like a lot if I can do that simple thing

Great visual tool

Visual planning makes really sense in my visual business. It really gives me a sense of how much work a project is. The design of Toggl is really well done, and this makes it fun to work with.

Pros

The tool shows a clear timeline with all my projects. It's a super nice interface with all projects visualized on the calendar. I love the colors, design, and usability.

Cons

The only thing I didn't find yet is the option for repetitional events to set up like in paying days or monthly occurring events. My iPhone calendar has this function and I miss that in Toggl. But it might be in the paid version, I'm currently using the free version. Which is very nice by the way! So many options!