All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Things

Task management software for iOS, Mac & Apple Watch users

Things Reviews

Great, simple, robust task manager

I use Things everyday go organize my life. Perfect for both personal and work tasks, but can separate easily. Reminds are fluent and easy to set.

Pros

Things has all necessary features, looks great and is clean. The software is set up as a quick to do list that has enough options for advanced users.

Cons

Organization of tasks without a project can be messy. Without projects, tasks can be tough to find without the search.

Best TO DO list app I've seen

Phenomenal! Highly recommend.

Pros

Intuitive, yet broad functionality. My favorite feature is turning emails into "to do" items on Things and linking to emails from the app, so that you can find the relevant email instantaneously. The drag and drop, and other usability functions are also smooth and make the experience useful and easy.

Cons

It's hard to think of any cons. I love Things. Perhaps someone could be overwhelmed by the variety of features available, but Things provides tutorials and the app can really be as simple as you want it to be.

The best ever!

Pros

I LOVE things! Mostly for the ease of use and super simple design. It has my life in it! Every to do, it holds it all.

Cons

I don’t like that there is no team collaboration or function for tasks.

Best To-Do app available!

Pros

Things is the best To-Do app I have tried and it makes you want to complete things on your To-Do list.

Cons

Things is missing a feature to share To-Do lists between friends, colleges etc.

Finally - A User Friendly To-do App

I needed a Functional and easy to use To Do List. I've tried several and just stopped using them because they just were too complicated or didn't offer enough options. I am so glad I found Things. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Pros

It has so many options and I love how I can move things around so easily.

Cons

It has almost too many options and it's hard to remember how each one works

Avid user, love the simplicity and intuitiveness

Pros

The syncing is phenomenal - never had any problems with it. The design is also well done, and there are lots of keyboard shortcuts you can use (if you can remember all of them!). Also a big fan of the Reminders (iOS app) import.

Cons

The price point is really a bit tough for the individual user (over for the entire set of apps).

I love everything about Things!

Pros

I use things for personal and business. I use it as a “brain dump” to make a quick to list I can later organize. I love that it works with Siri. It makes my life easier every day! I love that you can drag an email into it and turn that into a to do list item.

Cons

Um... still looking for thing I don’t like.

A Productivity App That I Actually Enjoy

Pros

I love Cultured Code’s dedication to simplicity. They don’t try to do everything, they try to do important things reallly really well and it shows. I love the design and user friendliness of the app.

Cons

A few minor features are missing, and I wish there was the ability to collaborate on lists.

Things Finally Helps me Get Things Done

It does a great job of staying out of the way and allow me to develop my own ceremony around the way I need to work. I wish it had the ability to indicate when I entered an item into it however

Pros

The ability to get tasks quickly into the inbox is one of the best features of this software.

Cons

It seems to crash a bit when left open for too long.

The best GTD app on the market

Pros

It seems to be really simple, but it's really powerful. There's everything in Things you need to implement GTD system in your life.

Cons

Notes can be written only in simple text. It's not possible to add an image or attachment to your tasks. It's quite pricy, but it's worth the money.

Best GTD software ever

Pros

It is so simple and clean. It makes it so easy to focus on what you need to do rather than trying to set up your software

Cons

It isn't as customizable as you want and there are some missing features that other GTD softwares have.

I love this program!!

Amazing! I love it and highly recommend it over other task/list making applications.

Pros

I wanted a digital task management solution and tried a few different things before settling on this. I love how organized it keeps me. I love writing things down, but also prefer digital notifications this works well with my hybrid planning system. I love the inbox feature so as things come up I can add it there and then schedule it later. I like that I can group things by project and by area!! Love love love this!!

Cons

I had to buy it for my phone and tablet too. Not huge deal but...

Finally, a task manager that makes sense!

Quick and easy. I use it every single day. Makes for the best way to jot down quick tasks. I review them each night and schedule/move them where they need to go. HIGHLY recommend.

Pros

It is incredibly simple to use and very customizable. I downloaded the iOS app and the Mac app and figured it out in all of about 10 minutes.

Cons

Having to think about what I wanted to name my lists and areas. It's so customizable that I got stuck figuring out how exactly I wanted to use it. As for the software, I have no cons at all.

Organize your life

Solving to-do list organization with Things 3.

Pros

Great new UI with Things 3 - easy to use and elegant.

Cons

Price - already bought Things 2 and no credit for buying Things 3.

Things - Great for personal productivity

Things was being used to just keep lists of todos in my personal and business life.

Pros

Things helped in a variety of ways: - It was the simplest task manager with advanced features - It helped me organize tasks when all I needed was a couple of nested lists - The design was very very appealing

Cons

What Things lacked was the robustness needed to manage tasks beyond just doing personal work. When I started to do work at a real company, it felt as if Things wasn't up to par. Consistently, I looked for ways to do things that should've easily been within Things but wasn't (easy ways to add long descriptions to tasks). After this, I looked for other to do software.

Things 3 is an incredible product. It's well-built, smooth, and effective (if a bit expensive).

Things has been critical in helping me get more organized.

Pros

The attention to detail that's gone into this is incredible. Everything just works. Transitions are smooth, there are affordances throughout that let you know what's happening, and there is a robust feature set including tags, due-by dates, target completion dates, groups/folders/projects, and more. Moving tasks around is a snap, and the Today view helps me stay organized at a glance.

Cons

The best task management app I've used

Things has kept me more organized and more on top of my tasks then any other software I've used.

Pros

This app has the best balance of features and ease of use that I've found in a task management app. Not to mention it is a great looking app.

Cons

It isn't super flexible in the ways that you are able to use and organize your todo lists and tasks. I personal like most of the ways it works, but it could not work the way some people want it to.

I use this software to plan just about everything about my life and business

Pros

LOVE the url schemes! Thank you! Makes it easy to work from Drafts and Bear, where I capture most of my ideas. Things makes it easy to view different aspects of my life and business so I can focus on exactly what my calendar says I need to be working on.

Cons

I can't put a finger on it, but I prefer to work in Things on iOS instead of MacOS. I think it's because the menus are more intuitive?

Things has made it easier than ever to manage all of my to-dos

It's made organizing my to-dos much faster and more enjoyable.

Pros

The application is a joy to use, due in large part to it's fantastic UI. Beautiful animations and smart thinking frame every action, making productivity a blissful experience.

Cons

Don't use this software if you need to have team functionality or cloud integrations with other softwares, this was designed for the solo trekker.

Missing a bit of features but extremely easy to learn

Pros

It is so easy to get started and get organized in minutes

Cons

It is missing a lot of features like file attachments or integrations with other apps

Things is absolutely the best way to manage everything you need to do.

Things organizes all your tasks in a seamless, intelligent, beautiful way.

Pros

This software has an incredibly simple UI for managing tasks. It surfaces information in an intelligent way when you need it, and recedes into the background when you don't.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing that I dislike about Things. It is perfect, syncs seamlessly, and they continually add helpful new features.

The best task manager I've ever used!

Things keeps me organized and on top of my tasks.

Pros

Great design and ease of use. It's really easy to add and organize tasks. Things makes me enjoy managing my projects and todos. The Apple Watch app is fantastic!

Cons

Things costs a bit more than other task management software if you want to get it on all your devices.

Simple and Versatile

It is used by the office to make sure things are remembered and taken care of, from simple tasks to some projects even.

Pros

The product is easy to use and has a lot of applications to morph to nearly anyones workflow

Cons

I wish it was easier to morph to do's together. I believe and can be done I just have to go a little round about for it.

Not for me

I am always trying to stay organize and Things ended up being more work than I had hoped for,

Pros

I like the concept as I juggle a number of projects at once and need to stay organized. The search functions are powerful. The design is attractive an smart

Cons

At the end of the day I found Things to be cost prohibitive for what it does and I found other options that were better for me.

Great product that helps me stay productive

Pros

the simple interface and tremendous customer support.

Cons

Nothing - it's a great product that does what it says on the box.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.