All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Tick Reviews

1,417 reviews

Does what I want with little drama

Pros

I really like the Mac toolbar. It's so easy to track my time when I have to do it click at the top of the screen

Cons

I really wish that you could copy tasks from archived projects. It's a real pain to put them in new all the time when I know there is an archived project that has all the tasks I want.

Does the job

I have been using Tick for years now, and I have nothing but good things to say. Simple interface. Clean design. Intuitive to use. What else can I say?

Pros

ease of use nice outputs

Cons

nothing

Great tool

Pros

Tick is immensely useful for planning and keeping track of what everyone's up to

Cons

Satisfied with every aspect. No negative comments

Tick is GREAT for Work-From-Home Employees!

I use Tick for work as a WFH project manager. It's accurate, easy to use, and I really love the desktop application.

Pros

Easy, precise

Cons

I wish I could have multiple clocks going at once

very very good

Pros

Now it is very easy for me to manage my time and then to be able to bill my clients. It keeps everything organized by client and works on each project.

Cons

in its mobile version is less intuitive unlike the website once you have logged in it is annoying that the site closes it automatically

Easy time tracking for small-medium businesses

I always found Tick very easy to use. The phone app and desktop made time tracking easy, reporting on hours was always quick to use, and it was easy to adjust hours.

Pros

Ease of use and apps

Tick

Pros

You can trust Tick for your time cards and it sees so many things you don't think about number wise that you want to be informed with. It makes you smarter in your company

Cons

it maybe slow at times but it never fails you when you need it to work.

Tick helps our agency scale

We have been using Tick for over a year now, It helps us as an agency scale as we are able to measure how much time it takes us to complete any task for our clients projects so we are able to calculate costs and forecast new hires as out agency grows

Pros

Ease of use, mobile app and Integration with basecamp

Cons

n/a

Tick has been perfect for what I need!

An easy way to track my time and keep up with my projects!

Pros

It is easy to use, I love that it runs in the background, and is reliable. I have never had any issues with Tick!

Cons

The reporting feature takes a few extra steps to use than seems necessary and it would be nice to be able to resume logged tasks.

Great, easy to use

I love the app - that was easy to use when i was in transit and always up to date. I haven't had the need to contact customer support so I cannot comment on that, but overall, it make the experience of logging / tracking time less painful.

Pros

Easy to use, regularly updated, able to add the extension in chrome

Cons

I am not sure if there is an ability to view the week entirely and track for the week - if i know i have meetings scheduled / booked in advance or a recurring event it would be nice to be able to add that

Tick for Agencies

We used tick as a time tracking software for the agency, but as we grew in employees and clients we needed a system that tied everything together so we could gauage efficency better and not have everything be such a manual process.

Pros

We used this to keep track of employees time as well as individual time spent on a project time for a client.

Cons

You are unable to attribute time of one task and tie it into another task but on a same client so you have to manually add everything together.

easy to use

Pros

Integration as an extension within the Google Chrome application + availability as an app, allowing for quick time tracking on the go, anytime, anywhere.

Cons

The app logs users out after 1 month. Users should be allowed to stay logged in all the time for hassle free access to the app.

Great for keeping thing in order

I have been using Tick for about 2 years now and i find it to be very helpfull for keeping my project hours in order. Thanks Tick.

Pros

It is easy and fast

Cons

some times it disconnects and u have to log in all over again. Don´t know why but it happends from time to time.

Tick makes it very easy to track time by client and project, and then see filtered breakouts.

Time saving and better time management.

Pros

The chrome extension and the dropdown list of clients and projects make it very quick and easy to input time. It's nice to have the option of entering time manually or using the timer that intergrates with Basecamp.

Cons

I wish you could see your time by client and project in aggregate on one page in the interface. I have to export it and use pivot tables to get really granular across all clients and projects.

Very simple time tracking application.

A very simple button to start and stop, thas it. I like how simple it is to manage and track time. The report is also great.

Pros

I needed a time tracking to track my billable times, as some of my basic project management does not have a time tracking inbuild. Time tracking on a browser is just very good for my work. It just needs a browser from phone or pc it just workes. Tick is super friendly and simple to use and manage. The reporting features just click of a button away. The reporting helps me to get all the time into one very attractive chart to the presentation.

Cons

I just use this from the browser and found no issue. I think it is fine to track time with this if no inbuild time tracking is available. Please add google signup which eliminates password.

Great!

Pros

Easy to use, very streamlined interface and very user-friendly. I love the fact that I can monitor how long I have been on a task right from my mac task bar.

Cons

A little bit buggy. I often have to change my password and when I change my password, it sometimes doesn't recognize it.

Easy way to manage timecards locally, and globally against your perfect budget!

It pays for itself over and over again. Sets a budget that is easy to understand and that everyone can follow. Truly a great piece of software.

Pros

This is a very straightforward piece of software. It is very easy to add time from anywhere and anyone can learn how to do it. You can also enter notes about the timecard which is extremely convenient when there are multiple managers. It also helps you stay on task by having running timers. You can also set it up to show what the budget is for time so it helps everyone stay on task! It's a money saver! It is also SO affordable, I don't know what we did before this!

Cons

There is nothing bad to say about this. It's straightforward, easy to use, and you can enter time from anywhere. With the budgets, this software pays for it self. Also, it's monthly!

Easy to use and Great for Projects

Working at an architecture studio means you're working on a plethora of different projects. Tick makes it easy to organize and enter time, used for billing and payroll. Lifesaver

Cons

Great tool to define how you spend your time more effectively.

Pros

It is user friendly and does not require a lot of effort to customize it to one's needs. I love the various reports that can be pulled and love that I can update it retro-actively.

Cons

I don't think there is anything that stands out to me that I don't like about the software - if there are glitches, it would be because I neglected to update on a more regularly basis and forgot how much time I spent on certain tasks I did the week before.

Excellent for Traveling Employees

We use this software for all of our employees to keep track of project times and worked hours. The software is simple yet meets all of the needs most businesses would have. IT allows reports to be sent to clients making invoicing easy. It works great on the phone and on the desktop. Definitely recommend it.

Pros

Simple interface yet powerful options.

Cons

none so far.

Effective time tracking software

Pros

Very easy to use with a easy to understand and neat interface. Impressed with these features which are simple. Nice api to gather team data.

Cons

It is very plain, it can do with some visually appleaing colours and features. No integration with other project management tools

System is good aside from one item

Overall the system is good. Only feature that would be nice to add is that the system remember my recently worked on projects that way I don't have to search for them all the time.

Pros

Simple interface

Cons

No ability to remember my latest worked on projects. Would be nice to more easily find these projects instead of finding them every day.

Tick timesheet

Tick Time is a very good app for your timesheet. Very easy to use and you do not have to put it on your computer, so you can use it from anywhere. A plus for any company.

very good

Pros

It is very effective to have different tasks to choose from, it keeps it sorted by client and by employee that works in each project it is exaggeratedly easy to manage my time and then be able to bill my clients

Cons

The mobile site is not as intuitive as the website and once you have logged in it is annoying that the site closes it automatically add entries in the past although it is possible but end up in incorrect reports

Great system

We have found using Tickspot to be very easy and extremely useful for billing our clients and paying our staff.

Pros

Cons

Cost of buying unlimited projects

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.