All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Tick Reviews

1,417 reviews

Fast, easy time tracking

Our company sells time based project, Tick has helped us get time tracking in order and has increased our billing accuracy.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and interact with. It's open API for creating your own integrations is very comprehensive.

Cons

Reporting is somewhat limited. It is easy to export to a spreadsheet for analysis, but it would be nice to have some more templates to choose from.

It has a specific function and fulfills it without problems

Daily I load my hours worked for a special client, who pays us for hours and needs to see the detail of what actions we perform during that time.

Pros

Taking into account that it is a simple tool, time tracking is simple to do and adding hours only takes a few clicks. I like the possibility of changing the days in which to add the time used from tabs, access is much easier.

Cons

The view of hours charged per month seems a bit untidy and basic; when there is a need to have a monthly control over the tracked hours, the tool falls short and it is confusing to see the summary.

Tick is a really good solution for many of us

We have about 10 different employees working on sets of tasks where we have to keep track of the labor hours spent on each task. We assign the tasks via Basecamp and Tick Integrates very well with Basecamp. Once you have basecamp, installing Tick and synchronizing the two is extremely easy. For the individuals to keep track of their time the learning curve is very easy. It is a little harder...

Cons

I track my daily tasks in there with all the time each one takes me.

Pros

It's easy to use. Just select the project, track the time and it's done. And the best is that I can track the progress from many projects, each with it's own timesheet.

Cons

That it feels isolated. I don't know if we're missing something here in my company, but it would be desirable to have some kind of integration with jira or trello... or some other project managing platforms.

Great application for tracking time!

Tick has been great for our company for a couple reasons. 1. There are a lot of processes to get from a concept to an actual finished product. Tick has helped us monitor most of these processes which are very powerful when it comes to managing a crew over a wide range of tasks. 2. Our guys love it because they have their time cards at their fingertips ( this greatly improves the accuracy of information.

Pros

The accuracy of employee information and feedback.

Cons

The mobile app is a little bulky when you have a lot of open projects ( takes a lot of time to enter hrs. on the phone and cuts down on accuracy because of the occasional misplaced information )

Timing with Tick

Meh.

Pros

it's easy to set up, find and edit projects.

Cons

I don't like that there are only a certain amount of Ticks available to use, I think i have 50, and I don't know if you can change that, since I'm just the end-user and not the purchaser. I also would like to have a pop out window to use, instead of constantly have to go back to the site to change, stop and start a project, very annoying.

It is easy to use and a good way to keep track of time

Time management

Pros

It is easy to use and user friendly. It is pretty self explanatory on how to use it even if you have never used it before.

Cons

Sometimes it lags with the tabs. At times I click on a certain day and start inputting time and when I am done it adds it to the previous day. Which as a result makes me erase it all (to not have wrong hours for the day), then have to log out of it, and start over.

Super simple, does the job perfectly

Perfect for efficient time tracking. Very quick and simple to use. I've since had to use different software, and always wished I could go back to using Tick!

Pros

I always like using the 'recent' section to the right of the screen. This makes it really easy to log time against your most common activities.

Cons

Nothing! There wasn't anything I needed to do, that tick can't do.

Tick Review

My overall experience with the Tick software is that I am a bit underwhelmed with the general operation of it and also the design is very plain. No vibrant colors or unique features that really stand out for me. The look of the software just doesn't strike me as software that I would recommend to colleagues or to friends. It's just a bit too plain and boring.

Pros

What I liked most about using Tick software is just how well it organises my time for me. It literally counts down the amount of minutes it takes me to complete a task or how long I still have left over to finish up on a task that I am working on.

Cons

What I like least about Tick software is that while the first 30 days are free a monthly subscription after the free time trial has ended is a bit of a steep rate considering that Tick really is just a glorified clock ticking down the time just as your wristwatch does. Unfortunately I do not really see a lot of value for money in using Tick unless they can maybe add another feature to the software that could make it worth the almost twenty dollar a month price plan.

Landed on this after using a lot of other counterparts

We are able to track progress, understand the distribution of time and make better decision as an individual and as a team.

Pros

We evaluated a lot of other tools until we found tick. It is a great tool for multi tasking. I really like the fact that there is a free version which is really handy. It's really important to understand, as a manager, how the team is doing and where is the most time being utilised in. Tick helps us stay productive and provides with insights which we incorporate in our future programs.

Cons

It has to be a bit faster than it is. There is no room for being how efficient you can be and one of things I do not like is, it being slow at times.

Tick is a simple time tracking software, and it does its job well!

Tick lets us know how much time we are spending on each project and evaluate if that project is actually worth the resources we are putting toward it.

Pros

I really like Tick's simple system of keeping track of projects. Many project management apps are confusing and are too complicated and big. Tick let's you keep track of how long you need to spend on each project. It doesn't try and be more than what it is, and I really like the ability to start and stop a timer within the software.

Cons

There are some projects that I work on in Tick and it is hard to classify wear it belongs with Tick's organization. I wish I could tag a project and subproject in multiple locations.

Super Simple and Helpful Time Management Tool

It helps our management team know who's spending time on which projects and where we need more resources.

Pros

I like that it integrates directly with Basecamp and that you can allocate a specific hourly budget to each project. This really helps the team know how much time we should be spending on each project each month. I like that it sends a weekly recap of how much time you've entered.

Cons

Nothing stands out as far as negatives about this software. It's very easy to use.

Efficient Tracker of Time

Tick allows me to track my time efficiently and effectively throughout the day. I am able to set timers and document my time in a practical way. I am also able to review my time throughout the week and document each entry by client and individual project. Tick helps my team reflect on where our hours are spent and how to better use our time for each client in the future months.

Pros

I like the reporting feature. I love that Tick allows you to go back to each project and see exactly where the hours were spent.

Cons

Sometimes when I click a certain time frame to look back on in Reporting, it glitches and doesn't show me the correct time frame.

Great time tracker

I've been using Tick for about 10 years. I love the desktop widget...for tracking time/stop & start feature for multiple jobs which really helps with hectic days with multiple interruptions for quick turn around revisions. I use the job reporting feature to pull reports for my clients who forget how many revisions/changes they ask for. My only wish is that there was feature on Desktop widget to add jobs/tasks.

Pros

desktop widget

Cons

have to log into website to add jobs/tasks

So far so good, but there are a few kinks

This is a fantastic app for time tracking. It does come with some very minor limitations in the features that I will get to next. But again, very minor. Comes highly recommended. Most of constructive feedback is trivial, but certainly could be helpful. The number one thing that bugs me is this: 1. I open the TICK mobile app. 2. I need to check what I did the day before for our daily scrum. 3. I select a task to read the details. Then I select CANCEL. I expect this to close out, but stay on the same day I was just on. 4. Instead, it reverts back to TODAY. That is literally it. Ha. I know it's silly and very small, but it bugs me. Other than that, I love TICK.

Fast easy Timetracking

Time tracking and easy invoicing.

Pros

Tick help me organize and track how long it takes for each workload. Whether it be an entire project or a simple prototype Tick makes tracking work easy. You can also export the data to Quickbooks making invoicing a breeze. Also, cross platform so i can log time anywhere which is a wonderful feature.

Cons

There is an automatic log out but I am okay with this feature. I know many users hate being logged out after being idle for a long period of time but to me it just makes sense.

We used this tracking system for years at my current company.

Pros

The thing that I like most about this software is how easy it is to navigate and pull reports. As an account manager, I can understand where my team's hours are quickly each week/month.

Cons

Something that I've noticed other tools offer that this software doesn't, is the opportunity to pull profitability and change rates per person. This would be helpful.

Really great with minor glitches

Overall, Tick has been easy to use and adds huge accountability for our team. I really enjoy being able to pass along full reports to clients for hours at any time, and I enjoy that I can review and scrub hours for each project. The only issue I have is that every now and then Tick just doesn't work. I'm not sure why, but I won't be able to submit any hours. This only happens 2-3 times a month, but it's not great when it does happen since it's harder to log accurate hours a day or two later.

Pros

Reports, ability to review hours of whole team, keeping track of my weekly hours as a whole

Cons

Stops working from time to time for no reason.

Best easy time tracking software for a team

Cloud based real time tracking software .It's a really good application for manage important work project and budgets.

Pros

Tick is a very good software for a team to manage a time and budget .It's very helpful software to focus on project in real time .It provide me powerful report in real time .It mange time and budget of project in the time frame.

Cons

Tick is best software but it need in low cost .I expect a lot in term of android apps and ERP multi user facility.cloud based web tracking facility is good but need some improvement .

Makes logging time so easy, even by break down of tasks. Love it.

Pros

the ability to enter a time manually OR use a timer that then enters it for you. The auto saving of frequently used categories to the right hand column so you dont need to go back to the drop down every time

Cons

the decimals of time (.25 hours rather than 15 minutes) default. when you open to a new day, the system seems to have a bug where it tries to log it on the previous day, which is frustrating. you then have to go in and change it. not sure why it cant just be clued/timed to the internal machine clock.

Paid for itself day one!

If you need time tracking by client that seamlessly integrates with QuickBooks look no further. Track by client and project with multiple team numbers and quickly push time entries flawlessly into Quickbooks for billing. I use Tick for my bookkeeping practice and it literally paid for itself first day. You can have multiple clients open and jump back and forth. The app for Android makes it incredibly easy to clock in and out upon arrival and departure at job site. Reports by client, job or person give you ample ways to review time.

Pros

Easy, intuitive and seamless integration. Great customer support!

Cons

Only one billing level available.

Great time tracker with free option

We are a small team & spend the majority of each week working remotely. A good time tracking tool is essential to make sure everyone is doing their share. It must be intuitive to use and cause minimal disruption to work flow. Tick filled this need nicely for us for quite some time.

Pros

I liked the phone app & desktop app combo, ease of use, and the fact that it was able to integrate with project mgt software such as Basecamp. Tick offers a free option which is great for small teams & freelancers.

Cons

The reporting was not as dynamic as we would have liked. It’s very simple, which can work well in certain cases, but as our team grew we ended up needing something a bit more robust.

Good way to track time for Bacecamp

We have used Tick for a few years now, because we wanted to get more visibility into how long our projects were taking. We tried SEVERAL other applications, but found Tick to be the best as far as integrating with Basecamp Classic.

Pros

Easy to use, works well with Basecamp classic.

Cons

Adding projects from BC can be a bit arduous at times. The desktop app isn't what it should be.

Simple and Easy!

I have been using this software for about over an year and it is awesome. Very simple and easy to use. Just select the option and in 3 or 4 steps you have a tick report. Very good option to save the report in PDF format.

Pros

It is simple. All you need to know is on the dashboard. Just type in the entries and select the option from the drop down menu. It hardly takes me 2-3 minutes to prepare my report.

Cons

At this moment, I don't think there are any. It is light software and I appreciate that it performs quickly.

Tick is a time saver!

My interactions with Tick customer service have met expectations. They are prompt and polite.

Pros

Time is such a limited commodity in this fast paced world. Tick helps me and my team prioritize jobs and keep track of what we have completed. It has so much functionality that we didn't expect in our initial trial. You can use it as a work log or try to forecast future hours. If you work for yourself, Tick is a must!

Cons

While the third party app integration is pretty good for this type of software, we do use some other tools that are not compatible, specifically some email clients. We work around those issues though because we love everything else that it offers.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.