All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Tick Reviews

1,417 reviews

Tick project and budget management review

Overall, very useful software. My company uses it for a few years and don't think we are to switch to any other time tracking software any time soon. Even for new employees entering time is not an issue - not a complicated task once you get set up on the system.

Pros

Very easy to setup set up projects as well as import capabilities - to import projects from other applications. Big advantage is to be able to import templates - makes it a breeze to setup a new projects. Timers, timecards, and instant budget feedback are very useful features that makes once life easier. Sufficient variety of helpful reports. Friendly user interface and relatively easy to learn the features. Mobile capabilities is another big advantage that is largely used due to a mobile nature of many businesses.

Cons

Nothin major, but some part of could be improved. Reporting isn't quite as robust as it could be. Formatting can be more friendly - like color separation of different entities. A few places that will let human error to prevail over automatic control

Amazing Support

Basecamp Integration is awesome, but sometimes a project is not linked correctly and I can't record any time on specifically that project. Then their AWESOME customer support contacts me BEFORE I even reach out to them. This has happened twice and their support is just fantastic.

Pros

Simple

Cons

Occasional integration issues

Excellent product to track time

We use TICK everyday and all day to keep track of projects and time allocated to those projects. Because TICK also integrates with BASECAMP it makes the job SO easy to just select a project that was entered in BASECAMP and then select the activity and enter the time spent. TICK is very easy to use and very convenient.

Pros

Convenience, accuracy, integration

Cons

Honestly, none.

Tickspot review

I use the browser plugin business-daily to track the time applied to work units and to produce timesheets when charging clients. The plugin is very useful in this regard. It's a great tool and I enjoy using it.

Pros

Integrated with the browser

Cons

Automatic log-outs

Easy to use. Very user-friendly.

Easy monitoring on the time consumed by the Team Members.

Pros

It's easy to add time and edit notes whenever you need to. It's easy to check in on the Team Members who have not logged their hours.

Cons

It would be awesome if you can add subtotals for the time that has been done for each week when the spreadsheet is downloaded. Yes, I know it's too much to ask :D

Good software for management and monitoring of projects.

Pros

Despite having used this software for test use in the organization, it was an excellent experience for the 10 projects that were carried out through its interface, it is very feasible for its application because it can work in conjunction with the basecamp. Trello and Asana, we use it for telecommunications projects and the same was useful for the management of your time, favoring the follow-up both in the budget and in the billing. The most advantageous of this application is its portability that can be used even on a mobile. Finally, I recommend it because its monitoring function to alert about time is important for any project.

Cons

In general, it is not a bad software, it can be used in many aspects, however, the limits can be the number of users for the tests; in my case, it could not be exploited easily in the trial period, so it was a difficult decision to cancel only for the 10 projects without knowing how we would go with this software.

A simple tool that pulls everything together!

Efficient tracking of projects!

Pros

I love the ability to work with a team no matter where I am. It takes the guesswork out of the job and lets me focus on the task at hand!

Cons

Overall the software is enjoyable, but the way teams are organized could be done a littler better. The ability to customize and separate users more would be appreciated.

I use Tick to report time for my work at my public relations agency.

Pros

It's simple and intuitive it doesn't overwhelm you with bells and whistles, it just does what it's supposed to do and does it well.

Cons

The software is great, but of course, remembering to do hours sucks. Maybe there could be features like reminders or reoccuring time blocks for events and projects that are repeated.

Helpful for knowing where we're in the red.

Easy to use and navigate

Pros

I really like how easy it is to move an entry from one day to the next if you put it in the wrong spot. I also really like that you can branch out projects within a project so that you know exactly where your hours are going.

Cons

It's not so much a dislike of the software, I just wish there was a reminder feature where you could have a popup cue at certain hours of the day to remind you to enter hours!

Best Time Tracking Site I've Used

I'm a graphic designer and have been for over 3 years now. I've used a few other time tracking sites, and Tick is by far the best. It easily integrates with my project managing site (Basecamp) and I love that it shows the time spent on a project every time I enter my hours, helping me to easily gauge if my project will come under or over budget. Another feature I love is very simple, but other time tracking sites have overlooked: the ability to edit time in a project AFTER it's time has been entered...even days after! Other sites don't have this and I would have to enter multiple time entries for one project, creating confusion. Not to mention, the interface is aesthetically pleasing, easy to understand, and allows for quick learning.

Pros

The ease of use and intuitive layout of the site.

Cons

No cons

Easy-to-use time tracking software offers nothing new and few integrations

Not overly impressed with the UI or functionality.

Pros

The on-boarding info was quite thorough and helpful and requires a shift in thinking from the way other tracking apps proceed. At first I balked at being lectured to but once the different approach set in I recognized its value. The set-up was easy. Time tracked is constantly updated in the Chrome tab. Nice. I don't use Basecamp at the moment but a colleague who does let me look over her shoulder as she integrated Tick. The integration works well.

Cons

Tick is a one-trick pony and there are few integrations. Basecamp is a biggie and an obvious choice but I was hoping I could see how Tick integrated with Clickup which I'm evaluation now. Other time-tracking apps are supported.

I have had an overall good experience with Tick. It allows me to meet most deadlines.

I would recommend this software to anyone who has trouble remembering deadlines or staying on top of important tasks. However, if you can remind yourself in other ways it may save you some money.

Pros

I looked into this tool a couple years back when I really needed a tool to help me stay organized and on top of deadlines. Tick has come in handy so many times and has reminded me of so many things that I would have forgotten about.

Cons

This is a very lovely feature as time grew on I have become more computer savvy and realized I can set deadlines straight from outlook or through my calendar on my Iphone. It does make sense to have all reminders in one place and that i why we continue to use Tick.

Usefull but not the best UX

I fill lots and lots of entries in Tick. Its usefull and fairly easy to use... but sometimes not the most practical. I have tasks that I repeat troughout the week (and even the month). I have to copy and paste each day the same thing... there should be a way to select repetitive tasks and auto fill then troughout the whole month. Also synchronize with outlook and autofill the meetings... wow that would be great. Thanks!

Pros

Easy and practical

Cons

Not a lot of evolution in terms of user experience

Tick Really Saves Time To Focus On More Important Things

Tick allowed us to improve our time management skills to increase profits and run as a more efficient business.

Pros

Tick is a time management software that can be used for any business, regardless of its size. It's cloud based so you can access it anywhere, anytime, from your computer or phone. You can use multiple timers to track your activities throughout the day and even setup auto timers for reccuring projects. Timecards are easy to complete with the option to add notes and you are given budget feedback based on your input in real-time. I could set user permissions to ensure privacy for certain projects and integration with Quickbooks Online allowed me to quickly export hours reports. Subscription cost varies but there is a free 30 day trial available. This software has been very beneficial to me in the past and I'm currently in the process of getting it approved for use at my new job.

Cons

I did not have any issues while using Tick.

Easiest Time Tracking Tool

My agency has been using Tick for several years to manage and track the time we spend on projects. Our work is based on billable hours, so Tick has made our tracking process easier and more efficient than anything we've used in the past.

Pros

Ease of setting up new projects and dividing the budget into tasks.

Cons

Any issues we've experienced have been from our own mistakes.

Want to stay profitable?

My overall experience with Tick has been wonderful. Being able to have a chance to stay profitable is very important to me.

Pros

What I like about Tick? One thing I like is how easy it is to use Tick. Another thing I can say is it tracks my time against my budges, so that it gives me the chance to stay profitable.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like. Every thing that Tick has to offer and does I like a lot. There is nothing bad about it.

Easy to Use Time Tracking for Projects and Billing

The easy report-creation and minute-by-minute time tracking for multiple projects just works simply and easily. I'm quite happy using this daily.

Pros

Billing a client with specifics has never been easier than with Tick. I've been using its integration with Basecamp, and had only a moment of confusion setting it up. Once I started actually using it while working...flawless. Easy to run reports afterwards, making a Friday afternoon rundown quick to calculate. I think I'll be moving beyond the free trial.

Cons

As stated above, I had just a bit of confusion getting the integration with Basecamp to work. Once beyond this very minor hurdle, all was great.

Ticker it's easy and good time frame management

Pros

It's make one to know if he/she is behind on hours to speed up in order to finish the actual time. One can know how he spend hours for actual job and monitor one activities within the time frame given and stopping time also.

Cons

So far as for me I think it's good. I think the company can improve with the new features and if they can come up with a feature whereby if it's past 12 hours the ticker to stop it self. I believe this feature will help many.

Overall, my experience is good. It's easy to use and does what I need it to do.

Pros

It's easy and intuitive. It functions in a way that allows us to track hours efficiently and in an organized manner.

Cons

I wish we could archive/close multiple projects at once without having to go into each individual project. Some of the organization of the site is a bit weird. I don't like that when I run a report and click through to certain projects or tasks, I have to re-run the report or expand my selection again etc etc. Just a lot of extra clicking.

I use tick every day and I can't imagine an easier system for tracking my time.

Pros

I how that the software is flexible and you can really use it however you would like to. It isn't restrictive.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the tick app. I feel like this could be updated and easier to use. It feels too similar to the website... I might as well just open safari and log on that way.

Very helpful in time tracking, pretty easy to use, a little clunky interface in some areas.

Pros

Love that it integrates with Basecamp. Love that I can fix things if I discover I've accidentally logged time to the wrong project.

Cons

Seems to have some glitches with the app.... sometimes I click to enter time and it doesn't seem to "take" unless I force it all to refresh/reload. Maybe would be better if the window could be left open and not docked to the header bar... the act of opening/closing the dropdown in and of itself seems to cause hiccups.

Excellent app; easy and covers all the bases

Pros

Ease of sharing; accumulation of data, review of data, customizable, mobile, reports - all work effortlessly

Cons

Need to customize for occasional users and limiting their visibility; cannot take the time to create a new list of viewers each session, and when removing viewers, their data is lost.

Such a breath of fresh air

We worked with Tick which integrated with Basecamp. I typically kept a browser window with Tick open all day and switched between tasks.

Pros

Tick is so intuitive and easy to navigate between projects and days.

Cons

I've worked with may timetracking systems and Tick was the best. I can't think of anything I don't like.

Great Product for Projects

We started using Tick a few years ago to help better track our projects internally. Once we realized how simple and easy it was to use, we started tracking other time related tasks. The simple to use interface makes it effortless to contribute time to tasks. We also use Basecamp and the integration with Tick is flawless!

Pros

Easy to use interface basecamp integration

Cons

n/a

Easy to understand and use.

I am able to enter my time in with very little to no errors. Tick is very straightforward and easy to understand.

Pros

Tick is really easy to understand and use. The display is straightforward and understandable. This makes clocking your time simple.

Cons

The one thing that I thought was needed was that there is not a daily reminder to make sure your time is entered. I get the weekly reminder and this is very nice to look and verify. it would be nice to get the daily one too.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.