All categories

Tick Reviews - Page 6

1,418 reviews

Web browser version is pretty solid, mobile version needs some finesse

I think the web experience is pretty decent. It would be nice if it could work offline and eventually sync up later, especially for those times you want to tickspot when you don't have internet. The mobile experience on the other hand is much less desirable. Sometimes I have 30-40 project codes to scroll through to get to the right one on mobile. Makes it really tedious to scroll through when...

Great Time Tracking App

Pros

This is a great app for easy time logging and tracking. I usually keep this in the background at the start of the day, and leave it all day. I handle multiple different billing projects with clients, and this is a great app to keep all billing and invoice information on track

Cons

The cost is a bit expensive; however, it is worth it as it saves time needed to manually track down hours especially when dealing with multiple clients. That being said, there are other services out there that can probably do the same job for a much cheaper per month rate

Great great great tool

I used Tick with basecamp to capture time for my team and all of our vendors. It worked great. Tick really felt like a native functionality of basecamp and offered all of the reporting we needed.

Pros

Ease of use, integration with basecamp, reporting

Cons

Desktop timer app wasn't working at the time.

Great for small teams

Tick helps us by managing the tasks we have that float around our studio. We're a small studio of 3 (2 Designers and 1 UXD) and it helps us manage our jobs, knowing what we've all been doing for the day. We can see time left on projects, and if we come in/over under budget etc. With the overall experience, I feel it could be improved. Some parts of the desktop app seem clunky, and certain avenues lead to unexpected CTAs. It would be great to see some improvement on this in the future. Aside from that, we continue to use Tick with ease and it helps our workflow tremendously. No longer we spend faffing around trying to sign time to projects, or try to figure out how long we spent on a certain project the past week.

Pros

The ease of entering hours on a project, seeing who's been assigned / working on the project.

Cons

Not a great fan of the UX and overall design. Feel like it could be improved, to a clean, more sophisticated product.

It's a straight-forward way to capture my time.

More accurate project scoping, and time-capping tasks.

Pros

We have looked into many different time-capturing software and found this to be most straight-forward. It's nice that we're able to integrate this with our internal system for time-capturing. As a user, I like that it's clear about how much over/under we are on certain projects.

Cons

I wish that the circle icon for each day isn't incomplete for anything under 8 hours, as our company has a 7 trackable hour day. It would be nice if that graphical element can be customized. I also find it challenging to track my time frequently, even with the desktop app, as I switch between tasks quite frequently.

Tick timecard management

Tick is a quick, easy to use tool for timecard keeping. We used it to track over 20 personnel spread across the state. It's ease of use is refreshing. It can be exported to csv and give excel funtionality, which we used to see all logistics. What sites were touched the most, what personnel touched them. Great for management and logistics.

Pros

Ease of use, price point.

Cons

Tick is a great tool for tracking and managing your time!

Pros

I like that it is customizable and manipulatable. You can adjust it to meet your individual needs per project.

Cons

I really am not a fan of the app. I think it could use an update and could be easier to use. The desktop version is great, no complaints, the app is the painpoint.

Time Tracking Software for Busy People

Pros

I’m happy that we use Tick, which helps me track how much time I work on a task and if I’m spending useless time on things that don’t need much attention. This software made me see things in a different perspective.

Cons

Although I find the software very helpful for my time tracking needs and functions, I don’t find the software user-friendly. It took time for me to get acquainted and I wish it was simpler for me to use.

A great tool for our agency to manage our workload and increase efficiencies!

Overall, tick is a great time tracking tool for our agency!

Pros

I like that we can pull reports both by our clients and by certain projects. It's super easy to view the workload of a fellow team member in order to make sure they aren't overworked or under-utilized.

Cons

Hooking it up with Basecamp (our project management tool) is a bit of a pain but overall we appreciate that it does have this integration.

Tick works great for our company!

Tick is a great program for recording all staff members weekly time sheets

Pros

Tick is super easy to use for people of all technical levels. It's also a great way to track previous time sheets.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. Tick is simple and easy to use, which is exactly what we want/need.

Solid software, some ops for improvement

On the whole very positive. Especially have found customer support to be very helpful. Only frustration i have is lack of ability to search for tasks at an overall level (i.e. you have to identify the project first... sometimes I can remember the task I'm looking for, but not the project). The VFM input is N/A to me - I'm not involved in that discussion in my org.

Pros

easy to use, quick, reasonable reporting, good reminders

Cons

Want to be able to search tasks without identifying projects first.

Tick is easy to use and the features and functions are what I need to track my time and projects.

Time tracking made simple!

Pros

I like that my projects and the time spent on them are archived and I can review time spent on past projects to help me price future projects.

Cons

I wish the free version would allow users to have multiple projects open at once instead of only one project at a time.

Great way to stay productive!

I have been using Tick at our company and it's been a incredible experience. New activities can be added and tracked thereafter just by single click of button. When the time budget is over than the set time duration, it also alert. Weekly summary is awesome way to track activity or project progress regularly. I will definitely recommend Tick to other for its simplicity, functionality and accessibility on smartphone.

Pros

Simplicity, functionality and accessibility on smartphone.

Cons

None so far

It's a very easy to use system

Pros

Very easy to organize my day and set keep projects organized, so far we have not ever run into a technical issue wiht the system.

Cons

I wish there was a way to input time in minutes rather than decimals, i.e. 1.25 hrs etc. Not a huge deal but it would be nice. Also It might not be possible but if there was a way to see dollar amounts and get notifications when your timecard had been paid out by the employer, that would be a help

We use Tick daily in our work environment and enjoy it

Pros

The visual bars of project hours data! The more visual the better. Also the clock counter works great for the team to keep track of time!

Cons

Would like to see the ability to load project templates for task names. That would be super helpful to dial in a new project.

Amazingly easy, and efficient,

I have been using Tickspot for about 5 years now, for my projects. I love this application. Introduced it to my company and since then used by about 100 users in my team for the last half a decade.

Pros

Easy to use. Amazing UX. Has an app. Recently filled tasks are great, to efficiently fill time. Export facility worked greatly to put into my historic data repository. Helped me to capture historic data for later estimations.

Cons

The app had some issue in entering decimal values in hours. But this a few years back. That pushed me away from it. Does not have hierarchies in project tasks

Tick gets a tick!

Easy to use and set up projects, I like that you can import projects from Basecamp. You are also able to import template projects, which means for a little set up time you can save time setting up future projects. You can allocate itemized number of hours for projects, and run various reports to track.

Pros

I like that you can import projects from Basecamp. Ability to import template means less set up time as you can save time setting up future projects. You can allocate itemized number of hours for projects, and run various reports to track. Tick is simple easy to use and get started with.

Cons

Nothing at the moment.

I love tickspot!

Tickspot is great and is easy to use, however every day the newest time entry always seems to be logged into yesterday instead of today, not a big deal but it can be resolved quickly.

Pros

Its easy to use

Cons

Everyday I have to edit my first time entry of the day because it automatically gets logged towards yesterdays time instead.

MANAGMENT FOR TIME MANAGMENT

Ticktime is an incredibly easy to maneuver, time management, online or mobile program that helps you track your time for multiple projects cross-platform. This has helped me manage my projects in a timely manner in order for me to stay on track with company deadlines. I recommend this to all!

Pros

It is easy to operate and very user friendly

Cons

None

I have been an employee using Tick for about 5 years

It's Easy and I like it!

Pros

For me, I can use the tick site on my phone after I leave work; I can login remotely, do work at home, and still log hours. Super Easy

Cons

I wish that I had a dedicated andorid app for my phone or ios app for my iPads. Aside from that, I love using Tick!

Great tool to track profitability!

I love that tick integrates with my project management system. It effectively manages my time and ensures that I don't go over budget on projects. When you have over 50 projects going on it nice be able to pull reports see the profitability.

Pros

That is integrates with Basecamp. The reporting capabilities.

Cons

The cost

Tick for Cornell Alumni Affairs and Developement

it's been great.

Pros

it's the perfect tool for our needs of timetracking projects from basecamp.

Cons

Wish there wasn't a limit to how many projects could be in there. I'd love to see it link to our basecamp account and just sync/update with the projects automatically.

Easy to Use, Keeps Me on Track

I like using Tick for the timer function when I am starting on certain tasks. I usually like to set times for how long I will work on a project before moving on to something else, so it's nice to have a timer in my browser for that and tallying up my time so I can see the assortment of projects I'm spending the most time on. I do wish there was a way to set the time though, say 1 hour before Tick alerts me, so that I don't fall into spending more time than what I wanted to on a project. I also love the ease of use with Tick. It's very straightforward and does a great job of totaling my hours each week.

Pros

-The timer function -Ease of use -Organization of tasks

Cons

-Can't set the timer to alert me during time increments

Very useful

I do a lot of invoicing and Tick helps me properly track of the services and time I need to bill for .

Pros

I like the simplicity of the outlay . You only see what you need and putting in entries is a seamless process . Adding info from different devices syncs-up almost instantly .

Cons

While I'm not the one paying it , I feel that for this price Tick should offer more than what you currently get .

Good experience

It's good overall, I've been using it for around three years. It helped me to keep organized and follow my productivity.

Pros

Clean and useful. I commonly use the Chrome plugin.

Cons

It losses the entered info if I click out the box (Chrome plugin).