All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Tick Reviews

1,417 reviews

Tick is easy to use and makes it easy to document time within our company.

Pros

Tick is very simple to understand and is used by all of our staff with no problems. Reports are easy to pull.

Cons

The mobile site isn't as intuitive as the website. Once logged in, it is annoying to have the site automatically log you out.

5 years of satisfaction with this product!

We started using Tick approximately 5 years ago; our team has never looked back. Simple clean interface, with a cool desktop timer widget makes our employees more productive at tracking their time accurately. Try it now!

Pros

Ease of use; reporting, accuracy, export options

Cons

No integration with JIRA

Remain Productive

When I was an independent contractor, I input my working hours on Tick every day. Doing so made it extremely easy to track my progress, time spent, and overall value of my working hours. Tick made a major difference in my productivity and made tracking the value of my work quite simple.

Pros

Users can enter time from anywhere and keep their projects on time and on budget. The ability to track your time on your desktop, Apple Watch, Android, or iOS device is a definite plus. Tick also makes it easy to get a CSV file of your reports for invoicing through third-party accounting software like Quickbooks.

Cons

Tick's price is too expensive. There are similar products that provide nearly the same tools and service at a far cheaper price-point. Additionally, the app often crashes on iOS devices; which can be quite aggravating.

great easy to use service

Pros

so easy to manage my time and then to be able to bill my clients. very effective with having different tasks to choose from, easily keeps you organized per client and per employee working on each project.

Cons

having to always sign in when using the app on my iphone. wish it would log in automatically like most apps as it's just one extra step when you have a busy day at the office.

A productivity app that measures where you spend your time, but that's about it

Tick helps to keep you and your team members on track by tracking the time you spend on projects. You can use this data to make decisions on where your priorities currently are and how you can improve them in the future.

Pros

The best thing about Tick is that it is easy and fast enough to use. It has a pretty intuitive UI so you won't be messing around and wasting too much time, which would be ironic for a productivity software.

Cons

I found that Tick is useful but not enough for it to be a paid application. There are other free alternatives that do just about all of the same things.

Really easy to use

Global overview

Pros

The app and the desktop tracker are great Really easy to use with a easy to understand and neat interface.

Cons

No complaints form me. Maybe only the monthly logoff for user, but i can understand that it's needed

Generally great, sometimes the time jumps to the wrong day

Pros

Relatively easy to use. The integration into Basecamp is very helpful. Generally a great tool for managing lots of small jobs.

Cons

The scroll for jobs in the Chrome addon is a bit fiddly. When needing to find a job at the bottom of the list sometimes the list gets caught and you cant move down. The loading of the jobs within the addon is a bit slow as well when selecting a new job.

Tick will help with productivity and accountability

I use Tick to track my personal independent contractor hours and also my full-time job's time tracking, so I have multiple uses for this software. It works great, keeps everything separated nicely, and allows for accountability and visibility of how much I am working and what my hours are going to.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to parse our hourly data.

Cons

I wish you had some more organizational categories that the user could create for hours within each category

Great app

Easy to track my hours for the week. Easy steps to add my time everyday.

Pros

Easy to use. Haven’t had any issues yet. Strongly recommend getting in to track your time.

Cons

So far no issues with the app. So I don’t have any cons to provide.

Great time tracking software

Pros

VERY easy to use. I can't emphasize how easy it is. There's no lag and it's not cluttered. It does just what it needs to do.

Cons

UI feels a little dated. Comments text area should be bigger, or at least resizable.

Time Tracking That Ticks Tasks Tremendously

So far, the experience has been quite positive overall. More features could be added over time to add further value to this invaluable tool.

Pros

It's simple to track the team's activity and productivity through this time-measuring tool and integrates with Basecamp seamlessly.

Cons

Not having that visible timer to get a better visual on how well time is being managed by you and your team is not helpful at all.

Time Tracker

Overall very decent.

Pros

-Easy to use. -Very accurate. -Simple & quick time tracker. -Saves lot of time.

Cons

-UX needs little improvement. -Little difficult to edit the past time records.

Tick is very useful

Tick allows us to directly charge hours by fund (also called "class" in QBs and called "project" in Tick). As a small government agency with multiple funding streams, this results in accurate time & effort recording, and allows us to accurately charge our funding streams directly. Plus, the system could not be easier! It's deceivingly simple, but has been extremely helpful to us.

Pros

It is easy, it is useful, it allows for direct charging to funding streams

Cons

Nothing - it is great!

Easy to use and efficient for time management

Pros

Easy to use and efficient for time management. Nice UI and UX is great. Would recommend to other tech colleagues.

Cons

To my knowledge there's not a mobile app for Tick. Would be great for time tracking remotely or on the go.

Track and Plan Your Way to an Efficient and Productive Day with Tick!

Tick is easy to use right out of the gate and the more I used it, the more I found the benefits. As it's right on my phone, it's super easy to access. I love it!

Pros

I love this app. I started using Tick about 6 months ago and it has been a game changer for my work day. As a graphic designer, I struggle to juggle projects, tasks, and clients. The best way to do that is to plan my day. Tick has given me a way to track and time my project tasks, while allowing me to then plan my day after really understanding how long each task takes. This gives me an awareness of how I spend my day, which gives me the power to plan it better.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about Tick. It's a fairly simply and straightforward app, that does what it says it does. It allows me to track my time with all of the details I need to plan ahead using that information.

A great software to track time.

It has been a great experience with Tick, it is able to give us easily the times which people work in our company and create proper billing for them.

Pros

Tick is one of the most user friendly time tracking software available. It is also really easy to use. It has great integrations available with a lot of other software. It provides great support for easy reporting and an easy to navigate user interface. There is also a stopwatch feature which enables people to track realtime statistics.

Cons

Reporting could be better and provide more options for other departments like HR.

A very simple time tracking for trello.

Tick did track time very good. I like how simple it is to use and reporting is very detailed.

Pros

Tick is the best companion for trello, which don't have time tracking. After sign up, just clock connect to trello and that's it, so simple integration. The reporting is very good and it helps me to get all the insight of a project's overall time spending. I have to decide what is better for my project, and a quick look at the project report help me take decision more efficiently. Billable time and invoice are the icings on the cake, they are more than what I want. Creating invoice make my life easier, now sending an estimate to a client just a few clicks.

Cons

Ok, so after a weekend I found, I accidentally didn't stop the timer and it is showing 48 hours to a 10min work. There must be a resume or capped button, please, make that.

TickTime for Projects

I use TickTime at work to track hours for projects I am managing and then subsequently billing clients appropriately. Works great for my needs. Report functionality is very helpful.

Pros

Cons

Must manually input time or remember to turn on and off the timer.

Solid Software

Pros

I've never used the backend of tick- but as an employee, it is very easy to enter my time so that my boss can keep track.

Cons

No complaints I think it is a great software to use very user friendly!

The Stop Watch for Billing

Pros

I really liked how easy it was to use and get set up with Basecamp. Works like a stop watch with tasks involved. Great for billing for freelancers.

Cons

The desktop extension never worked for me.

Wonderful for our Office time tracking!

We use Tick at our Video Production studio. It allows of to keep track of all or our hours for each product shoot and keep our budgets on target. It's an amazing tool.

Pros

Ease of use and being able to separate categories within each project.

Cons

N/A

Great tool that needs some refining!

Ive been using tick for about 6 months and I believe that its one of the best app in it's field. The UX is great. Even through the UI is clean, it is not a great UI and can be further improved to boost the user experience. I hope to see an update In the webapp where on selecting a day of the week, the project that is mostly used will be selected by default so that one can quickly select a task regarding the selected project and continue entering hours.

Pros

Fast, clean UX.

Cons

No ability to load the most used project by default when selecting a day of the week.

Easy and accessible!

Pros

Whenever I need to track project time, I don't need to through processes of opening webpages and as such; It's desktop widget makes it easier for me. Something I like the most.

Cons

I don't know if it's our network but it stops working and crashes now and then in our office. Something to look into if it's happening to other people as well.

I can easily track my time and see where I spend my hours. Easy to edit hours and find what you're looking for.

Pros

Easy to use. I like the app and the quick search capabilities for typing in a task. Like the weekly reminder of the hours I've submitted.

Cons

Full weekly timesheet is difficult to read, needs a better layout to make it clear what task is under which main client

Simple and Works

I use Tick to track time on various projects for a fairly large development team. It's a valuable way to determine how much time is spent on which projects. If you're looking for a simple way to select a project and start a timer for that project, Tick works great. The free version is quite generous in that it still offers unlimited people - for multiple projects it gets a bit steeper but is fairly...

Pros

Simplicity in doing what it claims it does.

Cons

The above simplicity means that actually doing things with your data can be tricky.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.