Time Tracker Reviews

User ratings

4.4

2.4K
  • Likelihood to recommend7.99/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The ability to segment users and managers is essential to our company's structure. Being the administrator and having the ability to go in and fix any user's time sheet is also great.

GG

Garth G.

I love especially that this software integrates with Concur, and has a mobile app that has a very friendly UI. The easier it is for employees to enter information, the better.

Jason N.

This is super easy to use. I mostly use it to report hours worked and it's better than any of the other programs we used before.

JE

JULIA E.

Sometimes we get synchronizing problems. Not sure if we can easily edit erroneous of incomplete entries after saving.

Viveka N.

At times my entries seem to magically disappear from the description section which can be frustrating if I can't track what I did on a particular day and time.

JP

Jeannette P.

Adding and deleting employees is confusing. They make it difficult to keep the customer base out of the tracking.

KT

Clockify

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise-logocaret

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Compare both
How would you rate Time Tracker?

2,430 reviews

Doesn't Just Track Time - It Saves It!

Transcript

Lauren: Hi, I'm Lauren. I am a project manager. I give Time Tracker five stars, and for more reviews...

Great tool to keep track of everyone's hours and activities

Our employees love the mobile experience and we use it daily to ensure everyone's hours and activities are properly recorded and charged.

Pros

Very east to configure and use. We use it internally to keep track of our activities and hours

Cons

There really isn't anything we dislike from Time Tracker

Really great soft wear in ease and convenience, but could be all inclusive

I have really enjoyed my overall experience with Time Tracker. At times, I do wish that company benefits were supported or provided with Time Tracker.

Pros

I really like that the software automatically alphabetize clients and projects. I also like the ease of use and navigation through weeks and days.

Cons

I wish that time tracker also provided information on PTO, benefits and other employee based features.

Great tracker

Pros

This tracker is user friendly with a easy navigational guide

Cons

The tracker app has glitches a few times causing frustration

It's useful for keeping track of time, but that's all it does

Each one of our employees, regardless of whether they are based in the office or at home, can contribute their knowledge to any of our projects. Our coordinators and accountants receive all the data and use it to swiftly and correctly count the number of hours worked and bill accordingly. The technology streamlines and improves the efficiency of our business by automating many time-keeping procedures.

Pros

My favorite thing about this app is that it allows you to track your time on a daily as well as a weekly basis. I use the weekly view to see what I need to get done in the next weeks, but I also use the daily view for activities that I only need to do for the day.

Cons

It's been a great experience for us. It's simple to use, and the costs are quite inexpensive. Pulling reports and allowing more than one individual to be an administrator has been quite beneficial.

Good value for the price

Over all, this is a good software for the price. There have been a few sync issues on the outlook calendar here and there, but nothing detrimental to use.

Pros

I like that you can start a timer from the app. Submitting from Outlook calendar is pretty easy.

Cons

I manage multiple calendars and if I need to change the person associated with the entry after the fact, it wipes out the client name and the billing item and if it is marked billable., so you have to reenter it all by hand.

Time Tracker by ebillity Review

Between 8-9 because I think this Time Tracker has the potential to be built upon.

Pros

The ease of putting your data into the system.

Cons

I wish there were a "reports" option inside the *app for use in iphone, ipad, or andriod phone with going to a desktop. Also, I would like to see if a communication hub such as slack to communicate to ALL users at once. That feature would need to be used inside the *app.

Time tracker

It makes payroll easier than using timesheets. It a great tool and great feature professional usage and makes doing payroll easier and very professional.

Pros

A great tool for all employees and easy to use a very professional and convenient mangment feature available for all employees and mangment feature very professional for all usage.

Cons

No Cons for this product. It's a great tool and very professional and helpful service for all employees. Very professional and quality performance perk and easy to use.

Time Tracker

I personally used it as for my candidates where i can maintain and track time and send their invoices on time.

Pros

As per its name it does its work on its best. It is clearly designed to Track time and improve workforce of the employees. Its pretty easy to use and it do provide some other features like maintaining upcoming billings which is really helpful for a company level.

Cons

Nothing as such but sometimes i can say i felt some minor problems like it give error over login which. Also while data duplicate it do makes the application slow but its adjustable.

"Really nice soft wear in terms of ease and convenience, yet it could be used for anything."

I wish the time tracker included information about paid time off, perks, and other employee-related elements.

Pros

"It's a really lovely soft wear in terms of comfort and easiness, but it could be used for anything."

Cons

I enjoy how the program automatically sorts clients and projects into alphabetical order. I really enjoy how simple it is to navigate through the weeks and days.

Time Tracker - My on The GO Tracker

I switch to this app almost like a year and I am happy because it is easy to record my time and bill my clients accuretely.

Pros

I like it because I can have the app on my mobile and it allows me to track and bill on "the go."

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind right now. I really like this application.

Easy To Use Time Tracker To Improve Efficiency And Revenue of Business

It is the best time tracking software that will transform our business. With online time tracking, billing we will literally spend less time on administration and more on making money. It is an affordable solution for our business to track time and reduce expenses in a professional manner. Time Tracker is a web based time management and billing system that allows to track employees time, view reports...

Pros

It is a cloud based time tracking and billing solution that increases profitability, reduces administration. It's easy to manage projects, employees and clients from one central location. Useful for all in one timekeeping, billing, payroll and accounting solution for firms of any size. It tracks employee time with GPS accuracy. It can be used as a standalone solution to track time, invoice clients and run payroll or it can be integrated with QuickBooks. eBillity Time Tracker lets us manage our business online, on the phone or on the go through our GPS tracking app helping to increase revenue, reduce administration costs and improve profitability.

Cons

Time Tracker is the best way to track our business work and easy to manage client project tasks. Sometimes clients pay according to time So it is easy to manage work reports on time. We can schedule our our and no issue face with this software.

Time Tracker

I don't have to come up with my own method of tracking employee and contractor hours. Integration with Quickbooks now with the web client is seemless. Things pretty much work well now.

Pros

Multi-platform with ease of use. Flexibility to allow you to record multiple days and hours in a single line-item or (like me) track each individual day separately so that I can report to my customers exactly what was done when I was there billing hourly. No save button the stuff is automatically saved when you tab past and entry in the web client. Mobile clients for Android and iPhone are very functional.

Cons

Screen handling is sometimes buggy. Every once in a while you end up with two lines per entry which typically happens on a larger screen. I have a 4K display and sometimes when I make the screen size large enough to fit the entire width of the screen the second line pops in which makes no sense. I would also like more flexibility in enlarging sections of the screen, and the ability to eliminate fields...

Thank you very much for your business and your time with Time Tracker by Ebillity. We greatly appreciate the feedback, and the review you have taken the time to write here on Capterra. I would appear you encountered some technical difficulties when using Time Tracker. If you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please call us at 800-851-0992. Thank you again!

I never needed any customer support and I don't know how much the software costs.

Paid.

Pros

It's the only computer software I have never needed help with. It keeps it simple. ...

Cons

That I have to fill out my timesheet on a computer -- period. I'm just pure old-school. I have no complaints, and want no gift or future surveys.

Good Product and concept WHEN it works but POOR Customer service when it doesnt!

If I cant create invoices then it is useless to me. Fix your software and get appropriate support.

Pros

The software is good for time tracking and then it syncs with Xero so that I do not have to do any double entries. I am a single freelance user and it saves me time WHEN it works. When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time consuming. Customer service is practically non existent.

Cons

Poor customer support - When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time-consuming. I am currently on hold to the telephone support and have been for 23 minutes now. I have been called one (yes 1) in the queue for all that time. Seems they have no one on the support desk to actually take the phone call. Also waiting for the online support person to answer my question for the...

Hello Arthur. Thank you for leaving your feedback here on Capterra. I apologize for the lack of proper customer support. We are better than that and there is no excuse. We are available Monday through Friday, beginning at 10am. Feel free to contact me directly at 800-851-0992 Ext 108 .

Expenses and Invoices are better tracked by Time Tracker.

All of our invoices, receivable payments and our expenses can easily manage without ant effort. It also allow me to create and make the best templates of expenses and recurrent invoices with also manage them properly. I can better track the time of billing and expenses and then receive the payments online. The invoices options and billing designs are so flexible by Time Tracker.

Pros

With the help of Time Tracker software, it is so easy for us to better manage all of our invoices by tracking the time billing and to create the customize invoices to get the payment transaction online in faster manner. It is a fully accounting and invoices software because it automatically manage our bank accounts and bank balance sheets assets. We are also able to send all of our invoices with payments...

Cons

The main drawback of Time Tracker software is that it does not have the ability to remind about the pending payments, sending invoices and receiving payments. It also does not provide the records of all the previous payments, contacts and store invoices but it has the ability to store the customer information for upcoming invoices, payments and accounts schedules.

TimeTracker by eBility review

Overall, we have been very happy with TimeTracker in our business, and would recommend to other companies seeking a time tracking solution.

Pros

We use Timetracker in our business to record employee work time. I like that we can create different jobs and allocations within the software to specify where employees record time and to what project or job. I also like the rich reporting features and the ability to access employee "time cards" from anywhere that has an internet connection.

Cons

The one thing I like the LEAST about this software is the web interface's tendency to become mixed up and VERY difficult to use after resizing on the screen. There are sizing "handles" top bottom and left right of the actual time entry form. This form can be dynamically stretched and adjusted to fit the screen of the monitor an end user is using. Unfortunately, on smaller monitors, the form itself gets mixed up and entry blanks shift all over the screen when adjusting form size. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed by a simple "reset" of the form back to standard. It's more of an inconvenience than issue.

Greetings. Thank you for the glowing review you left for using Time Tracker by Ebillity. We are always striving to make our product better and we are available to assist you in the future. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns you'd like to leave us, please feel free to give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your time and business.

Great software for timesheets/getting time entries to accounting software

Great, our company entered time manually on paper time sheets for over a decade and this has allowed us to save time, money, and allow our managers/owners to cut back on people entering in more time than they should and actually understanding how much time is going to what jobs.

Pros

Cons

The mobile app needs improvement, specifically when entering in time. Don't put the billable toggle down at the bottom because when a user is entering non-billable work they should have no customer. Therefore if the user is going to enter non billable time they will always get a confusing error message unless they go to the last item on the mobile app to toggle off billable first. Also it would be great if there was a feature that forced the app to sync with the database automatically.

We have had great success using this software. Easy to use, provides great, basic features.

Ability to work remotely

Pros

This software, while not as fast as working in QB, we have a lot of information at our disposal when not working from the office (where we use QB desktop). This has really been key in being able to have one person enter time, run reports, etc. when someone else is using the company file or if we are working remotely. The customer support team is FANTASTIC. We have an issue when we first set up our account and they were amazingly helpful. Informative, but not requiring us to do all the work to fix the problem. It took probably a couple of days, but really was a smooth experience. They are also responsive when we have quick, short questions. They make the overall experience nearly painless when dealing with technical issues.

Cons

The software is slightly slower than QB, which makes sense. One of the bigger frustrations is the inability to change items after they have been approved. We can change them in QB, but they'll never update in ebility. We have to do this a fair amount due to how we handle some of our prospective clients before they become a job. It makes the reporting feature less accurate. Other than that, there are a few features in QB that are not offered here, but that is not a major deal. Showing what items have been billed vs. not billed. The report window/feature could also be streamlined a bit more. It's a little clunky, but overall not bad. This is all of course based on our use.

Reliable, easy-to-use

Pros

It's easy to use; I just start the timer when I arrive at work, figure out what I'm working on, and go to work. When I switch tasks, I either start a new timer or make a note at where the timer is at. Then at the end of the day, I take a moment to review what I worked on and how much time was spent on each job. And at the end of each week or pay period, it's super easy to just submit the time to our controller and she pulls it into her payroll interface. Also, I really like the feature of copying tasks and times from the previous week into the current week. It saves some time in listing the multiple jobs that I work on from week to week.

Cons

Occasionally, the software will "time-out" and I'll lose what tasks/time I had entered for the day up to that point in time. It's not a big deal to re-enter my time if I've only been working on 1 or 2 jobs. If I've been jumping around to multiple jobs, I just have to guestimate how much time I spent on each job and fill it in. This isn't the most accurate way to do it, but it only happens occasionally. Also, I wonder if there's a phone app that could be used in conjunction with the computer desktop application. If I'm on a site visit or traveling for business and not at my desk in the office, it'd be nice to be able to track my time on my phone app.

it's glitchy, but it's easy for my employees to use

I have less data entry work to do because my employees are responsible to enter their time sheets. We used to have hand-written time reports that I had to enter into Quickbooks daily. No more!

Pros

my staff often works on the same projects over the span of several weeks. the ability to copy their previous time sheet and then make amendments as needed is a real time saver for them and makes them more likely to get their time in by deadline with very little follow-up (prodding) from me.

Cons

Any changes that I make to the timesheets do not sync back to the cloud; client jobs that are closed still show up on the app that my employees see and that confuses them

Hi Teri! Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Time Tracker review

Time Tracker was a good option for me as a freelancer. I used it for a while since it was the tracker my client at the time favored and had no real issues when working with it. I did not stick to it mainly because as a freelance I adapt to the needs and preferences of every client and not all of my projects require a tool as rich-featured as this one, but other than that had no issues with it.

Pros

- Easy to use, takes no time to get started. - Does not require training. - You can track time for different projects and clients. - Dashboards are clear and useful. - Helps to know how much time is spent on each project and client. - Clients can easily see how time was spent and what are you charging for. - Automatically saves time entries. - Helps to see which tasks take longer, evaluate productivity and performance. - Can be used in multiple devices. - Allows to easily correct errors. - You can download the app or use the web app.

Cons

- Did not love the UI. The design could be improved. - Several features I did not understand nor use. - It is not complicated to learn how to use, but some things could still be simplified.

We have been with Ebillity since 2011 when Quick Books stop having Time Tracker. Many changes.

When we had no where to turn when Quick Books left us high and dry with no place to put our time and coordinate with billing Ebillity was there to help us. Ebillity worked with us to get its software to what we needed for our employees. They have come a long way in 7 years that we have been with them.

Pros

Now, in 2018 from 2011 when we started using Ebillity there have been many changes for the good. It is much easier to use and faster. You are able to approve 1 day or 1 week at a time for your employees. Able to check off if the time is billable or non-billable. You have the choice of auto-save or not. Time is color coordinated Pending-Submitted-Approved, so you know the status at any given time. You can print out the time sheets by the week at any time. Print out reports by job or employee. Support team in the states have been very helpful, the outsourcing to another country was horrible----but have not had to use either for years now.

Cons

The printed out time sheet needs to be easier to read. There needs to be a space between each job so that it is not all run together.

Basic usage with no issues for many years

The tracker does simply work and I've never had problems with fearfully entering in hours because it was always possible to reach out to our payments person and have them revert our latest submissions in order to fix them.

Pros

The interface is rather straight forward and because we have many different buckets of things that we can bill to, we are able to make our weekly breakdowns as complicated or as simple to read and bill the clients for as we want. This makes it so that people record time the way that best suits them and their level of detail.

Cons

It's minor, but the comment boxes where I put in all of my time descriptions are rather small and are word limited. This is annoying because it forces me to be needlessly terse or enter in many more rows than I would like to in order to fit everything I did in a week in. Also not necessarily a minus but I found very little need to use the timer that they provide as there are so many times that I would start and stop a task's timer because I was distracted or something more important came up that it was a hassle to maintain.

Hours tracking made simple.

Fast and easy to setup and be productive. Simpler than using some of the other products on the market. Reasonable value for the money.

Pros

The application works through a web browser or my iPhone making it easy to track my hours as I go along. The report engine is simple but does what I need including making reports I can easily send to my clients in a professional looking format. It is simple to set up new customers and new items so that I can track as much or as little detail as needed.

Cons

Going back to change approved entries can't be done from the main week view session where the hours were first entered. Edits mean going to a separate view of a single line. I can see the rationale for this - the line was approved and therefore the status has to be pushed backwards, but an easier way would be nicer. A few user defined fields on some of the sessions would be helpful, especially if there became report criteria. I don't use QuickBooks for my invoicing, so having a manual check box marked INVOICED would be helpful (as an example).

Simple & Straighforward

Overall, I have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It's simple, and easy to learn. Adding new project names and numbers is fast. Exporting useful and detailed reports is great. I have had a good experience overall with the software.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. Everything is organized neatly in rows. It is a very straightforward layout and it's easy to learn. I am able to quickly train new hires in the use of the system and there are rarely any follow-up questions on how to use the software. That makes my life easier as a manager. I also love the report generation feature. We do a lot of field reports, and those are sent to the client separately from the billing process. I love being able to export a comprehensive report of what has been billed and comparing it against the reports that have been distributed. That makes staying organized a lot easier for me.

Cons

I took an overseas trip and only had access to the software through the app on my phone. I found it very tedious to make entries through the app. I have employees who work in the field and who could theoretically save themselves office time if they entered their billable time directly from the jobsite. However, they have struggled through the process of using the app while on the go also, and have resorted to recording their time in their field books and then doing a bulk download from a desktop setup. That process is working, but it is not idea.

Hello Nathan. Thank you for using Time Tracker by eBillity! We greatly appreciate your time and business in using our product. The feedback you have provided is greatly appreciated as we continuing to improve our product. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience. Thanks again!