Time Tracker Reviews - Page 2

2,441 reviews

Simple and intuitive interface; easily track time on computer or phone.

Pros

Its simple and intuitive interface are my favorite aspect. I find that the actual actions of setting a running timer or filling in the times after the fact are both easy to do because the interface is designed in a way that one would predict it should be. The ability to carry over hours on the same task into the next day is very helpful as well due to the fact that as an attorney, often my tasks go way past midnight. This leads to greater clarity for the customer as to what she is being charged for which task that was done when.

Cons

What I like least about Ebillity is the fact that it is very difficult to reconfigure the size of the columns in the Timesheets view. there is often not enough room for me to see the entire task description at one glance. Further, there is no way to set up standard task descriptions that could be more speedily added from a dropdown menue. Furthermore, if non-administrators could have access to viewing current billing and invoices without actually being able to change any data that would be a tremendous plus. In small firms, the billing administrator is not always around when clients have questions regarding their bills.

Small Architecture Firm Time Keeping

We started using this in 2011 as a way to streamline employee time entry and integrate with our QuickBooks for billing. It's been a great asset and time-saver from that perspective.

Pros

This software allows us to easily track time both in the office, and via the mobile app, in the field, allowing for a more refined/granular tracking of employee tasks. It's flexible and allows not just for entry of time, but also the setting of timers to track time while working. The tech support is excellent, waits are usually short, and resolutions are most often reached in the first call.

Cons

For us, at least, there's a relatively frequent need to re-link TimeTracker to our QUickBooks software. It's not difficult, but with the support of TT support we did figure it out and it's now part of the routine , but was frustrating in the extreme until that. We also ended up with a couple of "ghost" projects in TT only that were confusing to staff, but again TT support, once we identified the problem, was prompt in assisting.

I am the accountant and find it does everything I need, we utilize it fully

I think the product is working very effectively for us. I would not change anything!

Pros

I love how it integrates with QB so easliy, love how it brings over complex transactions such as customers and jobs, service items, payroll items, class tracking, etc. I also love the chat function and have had nothing but excellent service!

Cons

that some of my employees find that the mobile app does not work that efficiently. in the past (not recently) have had syncing errors which caused delays.

Hi Michele! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

A great solution for employers with employees all over the place! Great Customer Service!

Ability to have employees worldwide enter their time quickly and easily to keep A/R as current as possible.

Pros

I like the fact that you can have employees scattered all over the country or even all over the world for that matter and they can simply login and enter their time and submit it easily using eBillity and their easy to use GUI.

Cons

I would like it to have better software for smartphones. I feel the app needs to be developed further and needs a better GUI. I think that most of the employees would use the app but it's hard enough to get them to enter their time let alone learning a new GUI. They need a simple easy to use interface that is bug freee.

Hi Daniel! Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Great Add On Product for Quick Books Time Keeping

Time Tracker has been a Godsend for our company as we grow Nationwide. The ability to gather time from over 100 employees and have billing ready to go at the beginning of the month with a simply sync, has really helped our Company.

Pros

The ability to connect via download the time sheets from multiple employees at multiple locations throughout the Country has made this product very useful for us. As our business grew, it was impossible to just have each person enter their time directly into Quick Books, let alone expose the Quick Books data base to improper entries. To be able to keep an employees time sheet up to date from any device with an internet connection was vital. It has made our time keeping and billing much, much simpler.

Cons

The reporting feature is a little wonky. A little more polish on the front end to easily explain the options would be great. This is not a big stopper of the program however. Should not deter anyone from using the product.

Great special purpose program

Time Tracker provides a good overall framework for billing clients. It syncs with Quickbooks which I am able to use to produce bills directly, bypassing a separate billing/accounting program. This has proven to be a good solution for my small law firm at a reasonable price.

Pros

As a lawyer it's very simple to keep it open and track time from anywhere

Cons

Quickbooks integration used to be wonderful, but recently the syncing with Quickbooks has been spotty. It may be because Quickbooks recently introduced a new field and Time Tracker hasn't quite figured out where to sync the information from. However, when we contacted support about the syncing issue it took them days and days to even get back to us, much less fix the problem. Luckily they were able to eventually fix it, but when you rely on a software program to keep track of time for your livelihood this is incredibly frustrating. However there are not really any good standalone time billing programs out there.

Works great!

It has helped us to keep track of our employees and where they spend their time, keeping records of job-sites w/uploads like photos, billing for services and notes on properties.

Pros

Cons

It can offer more, like client support, but they are very good because they listen and get things done, like a Spanish version!

It has been very positive!

Being able to accurately track time for all customers, either while doing computer based work or on the go (by using the app on my phone). Peace of mind knowing that all employees are able to use the application and accurately track their time. This leads to happy and repeat customers

Pros

Using the app on my phone, able to access business functions when I'm on the go, that it has a pause and a stop feature on the tracking abilities-which I use quite a bit and feel that I can accurately and fairly charge my customers the exact time I do work for them. I like being able to sync it with Quickbooks and complete my invoicing in a time efficient manner.

Cons

We are a small company and regularly use 2 employees. On the very infrequent instance when we need to employ an outside consultant and create a user account for him too, we have to bump up our subscription to the next price level and cannot take ourselves down again when that job is over.

Online platform works well. Mobile platform is a hassle.

Pros

The online platform works just fine. The spreadsheet style view makes it easy to repeat tasks across a payweek and not need to enter job coding repeatedly.

Cons

The mobile platform needs significant improvement. Having to enter every piece of information for every item each day is a royal pain. We often have tasks that repeat throughout the week and many input errors come up when job coding has to be reselected.

Hi Asher! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

It's very bare bones, but does the job. Wish the mobile app was better.

Pros

Easy to use, the webpage loads quickly. I like the scalable table that you can make larger/smaller. I like that when you can type to search and it does a wildcard search.

Cons

Sometimes the time doesn't get saved. The fields are small and can be hard to type a lot of text into. There aren't a lot of features and the mobile app isn't very good. It won't keep my signed in either, which is very annoying.

Hi Nathan! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Overall, it is extremely easy to use. That may make up for any of the minor inconveniences I described above.

Pros

Generally it is easy to learn and use as a way to input my timesheet for work. I like that I can copy the job/description info from the previous week. It is also easy to create a report for my time spent on projects/tasks.

Cons

As soon as you save the data you have inputted into your timesheet it deletes the unused jobs, etc. If you work on a lot of different projects throughout the week and like to input your time daily, this means you have to reenter all of the job codes and descriptions. I wish there was a way to manually delete/keep which projects you want to keep for the week. Also, I am not able to pull reports...

once i figures out how to use the system i love it for inputting my time

Pros

the ease to enter my time and submit it for the classes I teach

Cons

nothing so far as a user is does everything I need

Easy to Enter Time

Overall, I think this is working for the company. The program provides an easy way for everyone to work on a tracking system at once, and while the time cards can get a little messy looking, the options for endless billable project inputs is nice.

Pros

I like that this software makes it easy to categorize your time with just a couple of clicks. I also like that you can submit your time for certain parts of the week without completing the whole thing. Also, in general, the look of the site is user friendly. It isn't anything to interesting or crazy, but it is manageable.

Cons

There are certain features that are very hidden. For instance, there is a messaging feature incorporated with the program, but when someone uses it to message you, a notification does not pop up, or any indication that you have received a message. Also, the overall searching ability of the software could be a little more obvious. Finding your total hours for projects can be slightly complicated. And finally, billing in increments other then 0.25 hour would be nice.

We have used eBillity over the years for our business and it's usually been a very stable platform.

It allows my agents to log their time on each client accurately and in real-time.

Pros

It's easy for my agents to log their time for our clients and add notes. Adding new projects is also really easy.

Cons

The downtime, although not frequent, is frustrating for our team. We operate 24/7, so we always have someone logged in. I know that downtime is inevitable, but it's still frustrating. Running reports seems really slow over the past month or two. The data does finally come up, but it seems to take a long time and I usually don't get any indication that it's retrieving the data. I've seen that trend in other software also and I don't like it there either. I also really dislike the new log-in to use my Intuit log-in (which I don't have) screen if I don't log-in quickly enough on the regular one. Why can't these both be on the same page? Why the redirect?

Plays Great with Quickbooks

We have used eBillity for over six years and it has helped us bill our time every month. We enter thousands of hours each month. We have looked for alternatives in the past, but we always come back because it works so well. Whether you connect with QB or another accounting software, or just use it to track time and generate invoices, eBillity is a great choice for any company of any size.

Pros

I like most the eBillity syncs with Quickbooks. eBillity allows our team to enter time as they are working. It also stores the entries and allows users or the admins to go back and adjust them if necessary. Pricing is a huge plus, too.

Cons

It's not very pretty and the setup process can be confusing if you're connecting it to QB.

Greetings! This is Support Agent Roberto from Ebillity. Thank you for the positive feedback and for your business. Please feel free to give us a call Monday Through Friday if you ever have any questions. (800) 851-0992 Thank you for your time!

Really great soft wear in ease and convenience, but could be all inclusive

I have really enjoyed my overall experience with Time Tracker. At times, I do wish that company benefits were supported or provided with Time Tracker.

Pros

I really like that the software automatically alphabetize clients and projects. I also like the ease of use and navigation through weeks and days.

Cons

I wish that time tracker also provided information on PTO, benefits and other employee based features.

Time Tracker is Great!

Time Tracker has worked well for us especially being able to have the field guys to log in their time onsite from their phone, when they need to.

Pros

I like that you can customize the time and or expense reports in order to see the total values of either one.

Cons

I haven't run into any problems, so I don't have any "cons" at this time.

Time Tracker: One of Many Options Out There

Overall decent tool, but there are likely better options more specifically tailored to your industry.

Pros

Time Tracker helps facilitate time tracking and payroll services. It is relatively easy to use and provides decent functionality to help with payroll and reporting needs. The tool is robust and easy to learn across the user base. The demo is a great way to try out the product before you decide to make any purchase for your organization.

Cons

Time Tracker is priced relatively affordably, but there may be better options out there for your specific needs. Certain industries require specific regulatory integrations, which are difficult to integrate into the software and are not as seamless as I would have hoped. This means that there is still a lot of manual data entry required, reducing the functionality and seamless nature of the app.

Very to use time tracking and billing software

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is that I can easily generate an invoice with my logo so it looks personal and professional. The user interface is intuitive and it's not difficult to find what you need in order to accomplish your task. I also like that there's an app so I can track my time when I am not in the office. This software is great and I highly recommend!

Cons

I have only two criticisms and they are minor. One, there is a slight delay between pushing the start time button and the population of the drop down menu of my clients. Second, when a dialog box opens so that you can describe your activity, you have to scroll to the bottom in order to get to the bottom of this dialog box. Then, if you want to save your time, you have to either scroll to the very bottom or hit an arrow so that it minimizes. It seems to me that this dialog box could be constructed so that it appears on the screen without having to manually scroll to the bottom.

Very helpful desktop version, mobile app could use some ease of use features.

I'm not sure I benefit personally?

Pros

I like that I can easily input my data with time-coded categories that can then be easily interpreted by my office administrator. Also, I appreciate being able to go back and edit errors, especially after I submitted my weekly information.

Cons

The mobile app always takes me a long time to input my data, especially after the day of. I feel like the ease of use in the mobile app could be improved. For reference, I have an iphone.

Hi William! Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your feedback. We would love t make your mobile time tracking experience easier, so would you mine elaborating on what features you would like t see on the mobile app in the features. Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. -Alex from eBillity

It is very simple and easy to use. Great for logging hours on multiple jobs each day

Pros

It is set up straight forward so anyone can use it. I can keep the same job throughout the week and put hours o it for multiple days. This makes the billing so much easier for our office.

Cons

The app on the phone is complicated and not set up like the online version where you have to put actual times in instead of just hours

Hi Tim! Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Good base system, mobile app is getting better. Would like to see an Apple Watch app!

Pros

Weekly time sheets make it easy to rapidly input information. Also the Expense entry is very easy to enter information.

Cons

Mobile app has been very buggy, has slowly been getting better. Attempted to contact support about it, but was never given much information on a solution to app crashing. Finally fixed it after years

Hi Adam! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Decent Time Tracking app for small businesses

Overall, it is a very simple time tracking tool with no other real function. It is great for small businesses to keep track of hours, but not the tool to use if you are more corporate or a larger company.

Pros

It's a simple time tracking app that is web-based so I can enter my time wherever I am located as long as I have internet access.

Cons

Trying to enter your time entires using the mobile browser is excruciating. The page jumps around too much especially when you need to change the "Project". The pull down keeps automatically tries to fill in the project and the page jumps too much. If you are using Time Tracker, make sure to just use the computer web browser.

Hello Maru. Thank you for your buisness and your time using Time Tracker by eBillity. We appreciate the support and feedback you have provided. It appears you have been experiencing grievances with the mobile application. I would like to assist you in researching and resolving any problems you are encountering with the mobile application. We have a mobile developer in our support office Monday Through Friday. Please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience and we will investigate what is causing the mobile appl on your phone to be inefficient. Thank you for your business and your time.

Good for tracking time, but that's it

Pros

It's easy and straightforward to use. It does what it is supposed to do. You are able to create billable service items and see all of your time spend on each item.

Cons

There is a column in the "weekly" report that allows you to create classes for service items. I went through and made a bunch of classes because I track my time for licensing purposes that have different categories than our billable services. I thought I would be able to create a report that showed my time in each class. Alas, this column is completely useless. It doesn't show up on any report, and it is impossible see how much time was spent in each class. Tech Support was unable to help and wasn't able to describe the purpose of class column. I was disappointed to see that I could not further customize my time tracking.

Time Tracker - Easy to use, all the time

My overall experience has been positive. I was taught to use this over 2 years ago and of the several software I have used to input my working hours, Time Tracker is both the simplest and best at receiving and displaying a lot of info at once.

Pros

What I appreciate most about Time Tracker is the ease of use. I've worked on 20+ different projects in a week, and I am able to list and categorize them all very easily and describe exactly what I had done with them. This benefits my managers as well, as they can see how time accumulates and where budget is going.

Cons

I have ran into a few bugs, such as double clicking into some input fields will either delete my text / entry altogether or keep me from typing something else in until I've clicked out or refreshed the page. Minor blemishes on a good software, but present nonetheless.