TimeCamp Logo

TimeCamp

A 100% free time tracker for teams. Unlimited users for $0.

TimeCamp Reviews - Page 5

Thamara D.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best way for time management and tracking!

Great tool which will increase productivity by managing time efficiently.

Pros

With the TimeCamp ,we can track and evaluate performances of our co-workers as individuals or team. TimeCamp platform is easy to use and very simple to understand and work with it. When it comes to project management , with the use of TimeCamp we can easily track billable hours for a project.Also best feature according to my experiences is automatically create invoice based on hours that spent on customer projects.

Cons

Need to learn about TimeCamp and practice will make you make perfect with the platform. Reporting feature should improve with user experiencing techniques.

JM

John M.

What's not to love?

I do not like to bill hourly as a developer, but by milestone. Client insisted. Googled up timecamp, dropped in, fell in love. I use trello so it doved tailed perfectly with project management.

Pros

The best thing is being able to categorize projects and tasks on the fly. I get a bug report that needs immediate attention stop and start a timer with a the bug in the notes and I am off. Later I can run a report and it becomes the invoice.

Cons

I wish it would beep every half hour to tell me a timer was still running. Sometimes I forget and have readjust the times. Basically I need to read my mind, oh well.

Hello John, it's been a pleasure to read your kind words! Thank you so much for the rate and review. We're happy that you utilize lots of TimeCamp features, not only time tracking or computer usage tracking. Thanks for letting us know about the timer idea - we'll think about it, definitely! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Excellent Tool for Project Time Management

Overall TimeCamp offers an excellent project time management solution.

Pros

Vast library of integrations allow TimeCamp to integrate with almost any workflow. Simple, easy to use interface is quick to learn.

Cons

Advanced features can be somewhat difficult to learn at times. Interface could be refined to simplify use further.

Quratulain H.

Used other for 2+ years

Makes Time Management a Breeze

After 2 years this software remains on my computer and I cannot imagine it NOT running in the background. It watches my back!

Pros

The software sits in the sytem tray and runs in the background. It logs all activities as well as time spent on each software, while noting down the title of the active window. This makes it invaluable as there are times, when i simply forget to log time or to stop time. I can always go back to timecamp and look through my activities and decide what to bill for and what needs to be ignored. I wish this was available back when I had to submit weekly timesheets! I only use this now when I need to bill clients on time spent and/or determine my own productivity levels.

Cons

The reporting is not easy. I wish there was a way to mark time against each invoice (esp if you bill in advance). So far, i havent figured this out.

SN

Scott N.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Perfect tool for productivity tracking

tracking my time is an important part of my job, as we need to bill customers correctly, and before timecamp i had tried countless other tools but each time i quickly stopped using them as they were slow, clunky, to cumbersome to add new projects, and many other reasons. finally i came across timecamp and have been using it ever since. it is fast, simple and accurate. everything i needed along with an accessible api for the tiny bits which didnt quite make the cut.

Pros

ease of use, accuracy, interface is well designed, accessible from multiple locations, good reporting features

Cons

price point is a little off, too costly to implement on a company/enterprise wide scale

Thank you so much for your review! It's so good to hear that you utilize lots of TimeCamp features - they were designed to help companies bill their customers accurately. In case of the price - please feel free to contact us again - we will try to find as best conditions as we can for you! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

TM

Terri M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Daily use to manage small team of developers

Ease of time tracking. Client invoicing is much simpler than with our previous process. The time and invoicing tools have saved me hours every month.

Pros

Easy login and time tracking - two clicks to start a task. Invoice management is a great feature. I know exactly when the client opened the invoice. Support is excellent. If there is any small problem, the development team will take care of it quickly.

Cons

Making time / project corrections can take a few tries to get to the right place to adjust the entry.

Hello Terri, Thank you so much for the high rating and kind words! We'll try to improve adding entries feature. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

LD

Luca D.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Great software to track time, I don't have time to remember everything I do because it does it for me!

Pros

The easy of use of the software is really a pro! It takes just some minutes to set it up and then you're good to go. You have many options available to make it exactly how you want it to be. It can also be linked with other services to greatly expand its functionalities.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that the coolest options are only available after you buy a premium plan, but its definitely worth it anyways.

Dear Luca, Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback. Your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless! Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with our app, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

KL

Kostas L.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Great app for professionals

I ve bee using it for 10months now frequently, to monitor budget and produce periodic invoices. I use the web interface and the android up.

Pros

Versatile interface and the use of the app makes recording new entries easy. Custom period Summary of time spent per task, a click away allows you to see the specific entries.

Cons

Some problems occur with interface when a work item goes over midnight to next day. Other problems with entries have been resolved as the team behind the app keeps upgrading and improving tge experience.

Hello Kostas, Thank you so much for the review and your rate. It's great to see that you use TimeCamp on multiple platforms - we're do our best to make to synchronize the data perfectly. Sorry for all your buggy moments you've mentioned! To make our tool even more useful for our users, we're turning TimeCamp into something special, so please stay tuned for updates! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Jovan M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

TimeCamp help me to manage my time precisely and with utmost efficiency

Perfect project time and client management require a perfect tool. Great job by TimeCamp!

Pros

Tool offers a very good overview of the projects, across the tasks and clients. It's very good because you can easily integrate with other tools you already use (task management, project management, notes, etc.)

Cons

In overall I'm very satisfied. Some polishing in UX and UI are always warmly welcomed, especially desktop app.

SS

Steve S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Easy time tracking (no hands required)

Timecamp just setups up and silently tracks what you work on and your team. It's flippin brilliant that it looks at the window names and browser url's and tells you at the end of the day what you or your team worked on. It doesn't screenshot but it tracks urls and then auto assigns to projects. BRILLIANT!!

Pros

Ease of setup and AUTO tracking of windows and urls. Therefore work.

Cons

None

Hello Steve, Thanks for high rating and for reviewing TimeCamp! Pleased to see that you're tracking time with our tool and you've found it easy. About the screenshots - TimeCamp is packed with this feature, so please email our support to enable it - it's an on-demand service (completely free of charge, of course). Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

SM

Sheri M.

Great time track for companies and projects

Pros

Timecamp is so easy to set up and use. Makes time tracking on projects so easy. Our team loves the budget analysis capabilities. I love the graphical timesheet and manual timer.

Cons

For the functionality it offers, I would say the price tag associated is a bit high. A portal for business units or customers should be offered so they can view the work associated with their projects.

Dear Sheri, Thank you for your review and rating. Happy to see your team found our team useful! Ola at TimeCamp

AH

ALISON H.

Easy to use tool for tracking time

Pros

Easy to use. Works in background. Allows me to easily see my hours over different timeframes. Helpful to track how long certain tasks take.

Cons

Reports dont refresh when timer runs... have to stop timer and update report. Occasionally gets task names messed up a bit but not hard to update and fix. Would be great if it could let you know once you have gone over a certain time on a task.

Dear Alison, Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback. Make sure you stay updated with our latest news as we are constantly working on our software's improvement! Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with our app, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

ED

Emily D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Your time is important -- so is this app!

I started using TimeCamp eight months ago and couldn't be happier. The platform is easy to use and the reports are just what I need to track my hours.

Pros

It is mobile and goes where I go. I can quickly switch it on and off when I'm out and about. Switching between tasks is a breeze.

Cons

The mobile app won't save an entry unless you click save which often times leads to entries without tasks, and while it is inconvenient to have to go input it again later, the system does send reminders about it .

Hello Emily, Thank you so much for the review! Glad that you use TimeCamp and its features regardless of time and location - that's why the mobile app was designed :). Thanks for mentioning that the tasks saving feature cause some problems, we'll definitely improve it! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

YA

Yury A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Awesome free time tracking for individuals

I was looking for some software, that will help me organize my day: track time spent in various applications and activities, analyze patterns of time usage and make conclusions and decisions about how to enhance my life time. With Timecamp, I found it best suited for my needs, with nice application for my Mac and iPhone. Now I have data for analysis, and as a side effect, can roll back a week to remember what I was doing a week or even a month ago. Soon i will analyze that data and fix things in my life that I don't like.

Pros

Automatic desktop applications activities collection.

Cons

Mobile app is not as smooth sometimes, and web app sometimes lags, at least in Safari.

Hello Yury, Thank you so much for your review! We're so pleased that you would like recommend our software to others :). So nice of you that you've pointed the bugs in Safari - we'll definitely resolve this issue. Hope you will tracks a lot of great moments with our tool! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

CR

Charles R.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

TimeCamp has been an excellent solution for both tracking time as well as monitoring productivity.

Tracking time spent on client projects as well as personal productivity.

Pros

Love that it integrates with our CRM, and we can use to document project time for our clients. It also is very useful to monitor your productivity during the day to make certain you are using your time parallel to your goals.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind other than one brief period of downtime that was quickly remedied, and they were able to capture the data.

Hello Charles, Thank you so much for the high rating, kind words and all the suggestions! Happy you found our tool and its integration with your CRM useful. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Ideal application for project scheduling and time tracking

User friendly application that allows employees to manage their time vs tasks and increases visibility to management

Pros

We used TimeCamp in the previous organization I worked for. It is quite simple to learn because of the user-friendly interface. It is easily configurable and allows users to prioritize and manage tasks thereby increasing productivity.

Cons

use of the application can encourage micro-management, which can have the reverse effect to the intention of the application i.e. manage time, employees and increase productivity

Dear TimeCamp user, Thank you so much for kind words and high rating! Happy to see you found our tool useful. Best, Ola at TimeCamp

SL

Shelley L.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

A Lifesaver!

Time tracking

Pros

Easy to use Tracks activities with a minimum of clicks Good variety of reports Easy to export or copy/paste reports into Excel I'm a technical writer with lots to do on multiple projects and must track my time, which is hard to do. TimeCamp keeps me up to date without my having to rely on memory to justify my existence!

Cons

Hello Shelley, Happy to hear that you found TC useful! Thank you so much for the high rating and kind words. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

AS

Allison S.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Times with brevity.

TimeCamp has benefited me, because although it has no instructions, I have managed to handle it perfectly and I have managed to take the exact time that each of my employees works.

Pros

TimeCamp promises since its inception, a stable platform for taking time without interruption, and that's what I like, that complies with what promises to the client, offering functionality without setbacks.

Cons

It is not so easy to manage TimeCamp, and the worst thing is that there are no instructions to understand its management, I recommend that instructions or steps are implemented to achieve a better management of each new client that enters the system.

We use it for work and we're incredibly happy with the results

Pros

I use it with my team, and we greatly appreciated the easy interface and the simple tasks required to set up a project and tasks and start recording our time.

Cons

What our team enjoyed less is that the web version isn't always so accurate, and sometimes we need to re-enter our task durations or description since it didn't save it the first time. Apart from this (not so frequent) bugs, the software is very reliable

Dear TimeCamp user! Thank you so much for kind words and high rating! Happy to see you found our tool useful for your business. Sorry for all the bugs - our team members are doing their best to fix all of them. Best, Ola at TimeCamp

ZW

Zack W.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Great application for tracking the time you put into each of your projects.

It has been a great tool to differentiate the time put into the different areas of my company! If you have one project you are working on that you want to keep tabs on the time spent on it this is a great service to help you do so. This is an accountant's dream because it will help them to manage each employees hours and the hours put into each department!

Pros

The ease of entering in your hours for each instance of a task that you do. Being able to copy a task onto the next day instead of re-entering a whole new entry.

Cons

If anything I would incorporate a notification to ask if you filled out your time for the day. Other than that I can't see any issues.

Hello Zack, Thank you so much for the review and your rate! We're pleased to read that TimeCamp helps you increasing employees' productivity at your company. Great that you've mentioned a reminder feature - sounds useful, we'll think about it! Wishing you lots of another profitable projects tracked with our tool, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

One of the best tracking app, lots of free functions, excellent dashboard.

Complete time tracking for my customers

Pros

You can track your activity using browser or desktop app. Manage your time entries, get detail reports and all of it for free. With subscription you can get more features, especialy those which are from financial side - billing, invoices, etc

Cons

I don't know what to write here, it really have lots free stuff and it satisfies me totally. Maybe price fo RU region.

Dear TC user, thank you so much for reviewing TimeCamp and your high rating! We tried to make the tool as easiest and as best as possible, so that we're really happy to see that you found it useful for your business. Ola at TimeCamp

MG

Monica G.

51-200 employees

TimeCamp with low letters and bad source in the letter.

Pros

The most incredible thing about TimeCamp comes in its design, it is really amazing the beautiful design it has, the green color gives the user quite good comfort and in this way, the user has a better long-term development and is much more able to achieve the objectives proposed within the platform.

Cons

The font of the web page or the platform, is very small or at some point, is very ugly, the truth does not represent very good source in the letter and this greatly affects the understanding that can have the client or however, the development is so limited that it may have.

GC

George C.

Excellent Timesheet App

This is the only time tracking application I've found that has the flexibility and power to work in the way I need. The ability to create a hierarchy of projects and associate time entries with them is what gives the system its power for me. The reporting and integration are also very comprehensive. The developers continue to improve and add features. All in all hightly recommended.

Pros

Hierarchical projects. Reporting.

Cons

Hello George, Thank you for the review and high rating! We're so happy that you've found TimeCamp useful. Developing the tool is our priority, that's why we're doing our best to make it better and more comprehensive for our users. Wishing you lots of valuable projects tracked with TimeCamp, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

JC

Jessica C.

Human Resources, self-employed

Essentially exactly what I need at low or no cost

I can start and stop work at any time so I only charge my clients exactly what I work.

Pros

I searched awhile to find software the suits my needs: I do freelance work for different clients under different agreements. I really like that I can track each project under each client easily. The reporting is excellent, even the free version allows me to summarize in different ways - you just need the premium version to export.

Cons

I liked the idea of having the timer on my desktop so I could jump between windows. The ability to detect when work starts and stops is cool too, but I didn't like the idea of it tracking everything I do on my computer so I still use it on my browser. There was one time when it went offline, but the software kept tracking my time and synced up when it got back online - that was a great relief.

Dear Jessica, Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback, so that your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless. Sorry for the outage, we always try to provide the quickest access to our service. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with our app, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

BC

Ben C.

Excellent product and easy to use, with good integration options

Pros

The easy way to record time and the integration with Xero. It is easy to use and can record time management with one click. Also great for generating invoices.

Cons

The design is a little clunky when integrating with Xero and a few too many steps seem to be duplicated, could be a more streamlined process.

Dear Ben, Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback. Your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless! We are constantly improving our software to meet with our customers' needs. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with our app, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp