Timely

Automatic time tracking software for individuals & teams

visit website

Timely Reviews - Page 2

An all round great product thats really helped my admin and billing.

I have been using Timely for years now, and its completely transformed my billing and process. When I first started to use it, i was a freelancer, so found it extremely useful to log the precise timings of the varied jobs I had to work on throughout a day. Now I look after a team and spend much more time on Skype and in email and such, which is harder to bill. However with the introduction of the new day planner and connected apps, I plugged in Rescuetime and Trello. Now and a don't miss a single task during the day. Timely is the first app I open in the morning. Great work guys. Keep it up!

Cons

Integral to my freelance process

I use this all day every day. It has not only allowed me to help keep an accurate record of my freelance hours , but it is pretty and satisfying to use. Seeing my custom color palette blocks grow along with the weekly balance is the progress I need to keep going. There are times when it can be slightly glitchy (I use it on Chrome), but nothing a simple refresh can't handle. Also, the continuing updates and upgrades are only increasing how seamlessly this is integrated into my workflow.

Pros

The colors (I wish I could set my own standard palette, tho!); the balance up top, the flexibility

Cons

Sometimes it glitches and doesn't save my changes. I wish I could set a budget for a project and when it runs out, no more is added to my balance (because that's how my flat rate projects work in real life -- even though it is useful to know how long I have worked over my budget)

This helps me keep track of all my hours at different rates for all my contracts

Ease of billing my clients accurately, hours of work and what was done for each period.

Pros

Organizing hours by client, contract; exporting to excel; ease of use; able to use across ALL my devices; accessible from anywhere.

Cons

Filtering for specific contracts in the reporting environment is a little clunky - not easy to select just one contract as the window disappears and you have to reselect it to get in and pick the e-contract of interest.

Automate your timesheets with Timely

Pros

The AI memory feature of Timely is the most awesomest time tracking feature for any consultant who hates timesheeting. It tracks what you do on your computer, your appointments in Google Calendar and your location, so you can fill out your timesheets in a heartbeat. Also the customer service is great! Overall great value for your money.

Cons

It's very hard to come up with something.

Timely a great tool for time tracking and project management

We can now manage our every projects remotely using Timely as it is cloud based and can be used on all devices

Pros

Timely is a great tool to manage time and increase profitability on a project, it is a well recommended tool for project managers. We are using this tool to manage our various offshore projects. The feature set is so good that we are really happy as we get all the needy features like time tracking, profit/loss tracking, task assigning etc. Timely is a great platform to manage a project in all aspects. We are really happy with their service too.

Cons

The only problem that I see is with the pricing plans, please try to make it more advanced so as to keep with the new trends.

Very easy to use

I've done time tracking with several different apps and Timely is the app that lets me spend the least amount of time on time tracking while it also gives me the reports I need for it to be useful.

Pros

- Easy to use - Spend less time tracking hours - Good reports that's used both for invoicing clients and track projects

Cons

- Time tracking simply isn't fun. - Would've been good with a recurring budget for projects

Makes logging time fun!

The most user-friendly time logging application I have ever used. So easy to toggle between projects. When a client calls, I have already switched logging before I answer the phone. The graphic user interface looks great, and it really makes logging time fun!

Pros

How easy it makes logging time and toggling between several projects every day. Great customer service too!

Cons

Some bugs at the moment, but we know you're fixing it. Still love Timely <3

Fantastic Time Tracking

After comparing every time tracker imaginable, this one is by far my favorite, and the most attractive. The features are perfectly balanced to make it super-easy to use, and setup. The overlapping expected vs. actual time function is a VERY useful and easy way to see how you can manage your time better. The web UI is fantastic and beautiful, too, and the Memory function makes a clear and most useful timeline record. Sync between devices is flawless, and the Apple Watch app makes it always available. In my opinion, this is one of the best software companies in the world today.

Pros

Beautiful: As an artist-type, attractive software is important to me. Super easy to use and to make the initial setup. Fun to use: makes a person want to use it. Useful: very easy to read data without using up all your cognitive-abilities trying to figure it out.

Cons

Price, although the discount you provided helps :-)

Better than the rest by a mile

I tried several timekeeping products before I finally found Timely and now I can't imagine using anything else. The clean, attractive design is what first drew me in, but the ease of use and ability to customize my timekeeping tasks have made me a devoted user. Added to the mix are friendly customer service and a reasonable cost for my one-person business. I especially love the tags, which allow me to see how my tasks for each project break down this has helped me be more productive, improved my billing capabilities, and made my estimates more accurate. I can't say enough good things about Timely!

Pros

Design, usability, customizable features

Cons

Nothing!

A great way to keep your time

I can't tell you how many apps that I have tried using to document my time that made sense to the work that I was doing. For those familiar with being a grant funded employee, everything has to be written down and I found it difficult with tracking hours and calculating them for the week. Also at any given time I could be working on any one of the twenty-six aspects of my project; making keeping time more difficult. This was no problem with Timely as I was about to customize task, color code, set a timer when working on task simultaneously and easily calculate hours by the end of the week. This is definitely the application to use if you are looking for something more specific.

Pros

Being able to customize projects (which I used as task).

Cons

There is no way to calculate the amount spent on a particular project/task per week. I had to count the hours myself. That would be extremely beneficial for individuals who do grant work and use this app for one project with many different task (ex. 1. Meeting time with Partners = 4 hours this week, 2. Preparation time = 2 hours this week, 3. Developing Materials = 10 hours this week), etc.).

Timely is a game changer for tracking time on a project

We've used a few different time trackers before Timely. They were all sub-par. Timely helped automate time tracking, user management, and billing for our contractors. It's an incredible product that we highly recommend.

Pros

Very simple interface that is easy to learn and use. Manual time tracking is awful, but Timely automates almost the entire project-based time tracking aspect. Very affordable

Cons

Some of the integrations to 3rd party applications don't function properly. Customer support was hard to get ahold of when we had questions.

Best time tracking app I've used

I've tried numerous apps to keep track of my projects and hours and Timely is by far the best app I've come across. It is superior in terms of both design, functionality, and communication/support. Recommend 10/10!

Pros

Design, functionality, speed with which new features are released

Cons

In the past I've had some issues with reliability (lost hours) but this seems to have been fixed over the last few months

My beloved assistant

I use timely on a daily basis, and it love it. I can plan my week ahead, manage my workload so I know if I can take on another job or not. It even tells me how much I will probably make this week, when I've filled in all the right elements in my project's page. It shows me how much more I can work on a project, and because it shows planned as well as logged, I can inform my clients way ahead when our...

Pros

Ease of use, beauty, insightfulness, flexibility

Cons

The projects dashboard. That could be made more compact and insightful.

The Search Has Ended!

I needed an accurate way of tracking my time and billing my clients across several different projects. This couldn't be easier. I've tried several different time tracking software programs, including a Google sheets extension, 17hats, Quickbooks, HoursTracker, Tsheets, and a few more. This is by far the best!

Pros

My favorite feature of this software is the Memory app that works with it. This app tracks the software, websites, and programs that I use throughout the workday. If I forget to set the "timer" I can always go back and click on each tracked usage and add it to a project. This also tracks time on your phone, which would also be lost time and lost money otherwise. I have captured so much additional work time that would have been lost otherwise.

Cons

The only thing that I wish, is that I could apply payments to the bills that I run. Also, on the shared weblink of reports, if we could also show individual line items for each project, that would be great. I can only do that through an exported report at this point.

So simple yet so powerful

Timely is so ridiculously simple to use. Makes time tracking a breeze. But the simplicity is paired with very sophisticated reports allowing granular analysis. It is the best time tracking software we have found after trying several systems.

Pros

Ease of use. Powerful reports. Great support.

Cons

No complaints whatsoever. Can't think of any drawbacks.

Simple, Easy-to-Use, Fire-and-Forget Billing!

If there's one thing about the consulting business that erodes productivity most and distracts workers, it's the time-tracking and billing process. No other activity is more impactful. Either your team misses critical time expenditures, or they're saddled with the task of properly detailing their activities. Timely defends your team from time-tracking distractions in a highly productive format.

awesome features but..

I love the app, it helps me to keep track of my projects and to be able to set different rates for each one is really handy. Here are a few options I'd like to see implemented: - Whenever I want to delete an entry, I'd like to have either a small X on the top right corner or an option to click it once and hit the delete key. its way faster than clicking on it then looking for the Delete link. - Please please add a"keywords" option. not tags, keywords! That is so when the app receives a new entry from my google calendar it reads the text, look for specific words and automatically set the project based on these words. i.e: if the appointment has "ACME"in it, it will set the project to the ACME one. That way I can set the projects straight from my Google Calendar ;)

Cons

Great software for time tracking

I've tried several time tracking tools, but I never found any as good as Timely. It is really easy to use and I can keep track of my team, my business projects. It has really good integrations with other tools and software that I use that makes time tracking even easier. And one of the best features is that we can filter and export reports for each team member, project or budget.

Pros

It works as a time tracking tool should work.

Cons

It's still not available on Android.

Great Time Tracking Software

Pros

- The Memory Tracker. I liked the fact that it automatically tracked how long I was on specific websites and desktop applications. As a contractor, this made it easy for me to know how long I worked on a specific task. - It was easy to update work periods with the associated details, like the associated project and other information. - The reporting functionality was great. I could easily use the generated info for invoices and etc.

Cons

- I wish it offered the ability to create an invoice. It would have saved me a lot of time.

Unique in all aspects

Before finding Timely, I was reviewing some 20-30 different time recording services and they all were kind of ..crap, means totally missing what my primary goal is. And the goal is to have as little as possible interaction with a time tracking service, while still maintaining precise and trustful accountability. This is exactly why I like Timely: you always have the ability to record your time at your fingertips, have a short overview at any time and get monthly reports automatically done for you. Worth each penny!

Cons

Beautiful, flexible and smart time tracker

Pros

Although not perfect, the automatic time tracker allows you to work and not worry about tracking your every move - helping you piece together your day.

Cons

I struggle to come up with areas this solution lacks. The developer has squashed the early bugs this app displayed. It's not cheap for some teams, but I believe Timely's accuracy of tracking time could pay for itself.

I no longer waste time on unprofitable tasks

Pros

Love the redesigned interface launched last year. Timely works perfectly for our smaller teams that focus on more of the freelancing work that comes in. I like the option for local installation as well as web - based. We use the web-based version and it's fast and effective. Like the monthly reports being automatically done, and the ability to drag and drop emails from gmail is great.

Cons

No time tracking on the mobile app is something we wished was available because it would be helpful during travel.

Superb!

I've been searching for years for an app that will track time spent on jobs, without needing me to clock in and out. Until now, I simply kept a spreadsheet open, but too often I'd forget to enter either the start or finish time. The busier I was, the more likely I was to forget to track my time, which translates to lost dollars. I go into my timesheet once every couple of days, save the activities I want to record for billing, and when the project is done, I generate a report, or just simply check the time spent on the job. There's so much to the app that if I write it all, I'd be writing a user manual!

Pros

The concept is terrific. I have peace of mind knowing that my work is being logged, and I'll therefore be able to bill accordingly. Customer support is unparalleled! They're unfailingly quick, friendly, and always helpful. I hope that continues as this company grows.

Cons

It's still in the developing stages, but it's actually a benefit - I get to tell the developers what I want!

I use Timely daily

I love to capture my timesheet details from calendars, email, to-do lists etc directly into timely. It's a great premise for a product and it works well.

Pros

It imports your calendar to timesheets. This is a killer feature for me and the way I work. I can also easily reference emails, to do lists and rescue time data right in the UI. I use it daily and no longer stress about recording my time for large projects.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like beta software in that the UI can be slow or have a few small inconsistencies.

Hands down the best time-tracking software for solo entrepreneurs

Time tracking is a breeze and the memory tracker helps me fill in the gaps.

Pros

It's fast, sleek, and has some forward-thinking features that are really smart (like scheduling your time in advance, and the new Memory auto time-tracker).

Cons

It's expensive no matter how you slice it. There's free alternatives out there that do most of the functions, but they don't do it as well.