Timesheets.com Reviews - Page 2

SB

Svend Bertil F.

Internet, 51-200 employees

A Comprehensive and Useful Timesheet Tool

Overall, I have been very pleased with Timesheets.com. It is a great tool for tracking employee hours and payroll information. It is easy to use and provides comprehensive reports. The cost is the only downside, but the features provided are well worth the price.

Pros

Timesheets.com is an excellent timesheet tracking software that makes it easy to track employee hours. The interface is simple and straightforward, and it includes features such as overtime tracking and payroll integration. The reports are comprehensive and helpful, making it easy to analyze employee performance. I also love that it sends out automatic reminders to employees when they forget to submit their timesheets.

Cons

The only downside to Timesheets.com is the cost. It can be somewhat expensive, especially for small businesses. Additionally, the customer support is not always very responsive, which can be frustrating when you need help quickly.

JM

Jackie M.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Great Product

Timesheets make it possible for us to get development hours for all our products since we couldn't get this information from Jira's out of the box time tracking feature. Finance is able to get these reports regularly and use them for Cap/Opex reporting.

Pros

We love how easy it is to setup resources and projects within the tool and how intuitive it was for the resources using it. We were able to run both the employee and project reports and they were pretty easy and straightforward. The tool is a standard alone tool that doesn't have to be integrated with anything and that makes it so much easier to use without worrying about integration cliches. The price point is very reasonable and available without extra additions that could possibly ballon the price.

Cons

I wish that we could run the employee and project report at the same time so that we can see each employee by project instead of one or the other. This could be a new feature added to the product but in no way a deterrent from the product.

Denise W.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

For the purpose of payroll time entry, we used this great tool

Because of Timesheets.com, I no longer have to manually log my time for my manager. My employer can get a precise account of the times I clock in and out of work thanks to this convenient feature. It's also useful for keeping tabs on vacation time and requests.

Pros

The ability to save Timesheets as a PDF is a great feature. This system facilitates easy tracking of my work and provides solid data for reporting purposes. Because of its intuitive design, this website is very simple to teach others to use.

Cons

A more convenient timing would have been nice. For instance, while it's helpful to see how long I spent working in total, I'd like an actual clock that displays the times at which I began and concluded my shifts.

DG

Desiree G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Eliminated excessive paper handling

It's really revolutionized our client billing. I think we more accurately bill our clients and also more accurately detail the work performed. It is also nice to easily see how many billable hours we log in a day or week, helping us to become more efficient with our time. The biggest advantage for me is the huge reduction in paper. I once felt I was drowning in paper, now I can keep my project time, expenses and notes in one digital file. Goodby clutter!!

Pros

We eliminated paper time tracking sheets that were used for each project, needing to manually calculate time in / time out and add entries together for client billing. Using Timesheets project timers allows us to eliminate the paper and also calculates our project time for us. That we can also assign notes to each time stamp keeps us better organized and enables us to recall exactly how our time was spent on each project entry, which we can then use to be more detailed in our client billing and showcase the value for time spent. Time entries can also be entered manually which is nice during times when interruptions are frequent. Time editing is also allowed.

Cons

I wish the time stamps included the ability to view the exact time you started and ended a timer, not just the accumulative time. On occasion I may forget to stop or pause a timer, leaving it running in the back ground. I may be aware I finished up around 5pm but with no starting time to review, it makes it difficult to estimate the actual time spent on an individual entry.

NH

Nona H.

I am so grateful for this program finding me!

Pros

+The ease of control as the admin-I can see everyone's entries and edit where necessary. +The mobile feature-my foremen can enter their time whenever it is convenient for them and I see their updates immediately. +Producing reports are so easy-it has cut down the sorting through our many Excel sheets to add up our project times by 1000%. We are a small company and did not want to sign up for expensive construction PM programs. This does the job for us without the high expense. +I also use the reports feature to calculate payroll hours...instantly-this has also saved me many hours. +Chat support is instant and they are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

-There are very minor details that TS could work on, when I run into them, I contact their customer support via Chat and make my suggestions. An example of one feature I have requested is that they add a line item displaying the date range on their 'Payroll By Account Code' Excel Reports. I can enter this in manually with no issue, it would just be convenient if it were already on the report itself. I already contacted customer support regarding this and she said she would send my request to the engineers of the program. I hope to see this feature updated, if not, I will continue to use this program and manually enter the date range. It is not a show stopper. I would be extremely sad if this program every closed down, can't live without it now.

JA

Jane A.

Accounting, self-employed

Excellent app with excellent support

Overall my experience has been great. The app is easy to use and the support is excellent. I've never had to wait for an answer, and that makes a big difference. The app doesn't slow down my laptop the way the QBO time app did. I'm very happy with the simplicity, ease of use, and very fast data upload to QBO for monthly billing that Timesheets offers. Its BETTER than the QBO app for all these reasons.

Pros

I tested Timesheets about a year ago when I was very frustrated with the QBO time tracking, which was slowing down my computer. Timesheets was a huge relief. It is easy to use, fast to export to QBO billing, and the support has always been responsive and helpful. I also love that I can have timer open for several clients at a time, making it easy to pause a timer for one client to start a new timer for another (and easily switch between client timers during the day.)

Cons

At first the UI was not terrific, but they've released a new UI that's much nicer. It is still simple to use, but just nicer to look at with a larger font.

SS

Sumeet S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Timesheets.com

Excellent. Easy to use and very affordable for what the program has to offer.

Pros

It is very user friendly for employees. Employees of all ages can use it even if they are not technology savvy.

Cons

Overrides are difficult to do, but not impossible. Employees sometimes can't clock-in due to some error, but its seldom.

CL

Catherine L D.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Great produce and customer service

Great people to work with, and a very good, super-functional program with simple, clear-cut reports. I am pleased to have started with Timesheets.com.

Pros

This was fairly easy to set up, with their staff transferring my client info in a report produced from my old time program. There were some small glitches, as with any new program learning curve, but the staff is very helpful, patient, and knowledgeable. We were up and running very quickly.

Cons

I dislike having to enter a reason for editing a time entry when I goofed, but understand that in a much larger firm this would be a great help administratively.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Customizable!

Our onboarding to the product was a great experience. The Timesheets.com team made themselves very available to answer any/all of our questions, and took the time to understand our needs from the system before providing recommended solutions. Support for training new users of the system was great as well. Since I'm the admin, I figured that I would be the person responsible for training new users, but the Timesheets.com team offered to take care of that for me!

Pros

I work at a non-profit and some of our funders require a number of employees to report where they are spending their work time. What's nice about Timesheets.com is that you can create departments in which employees can associate their time, but also projects as well. Employees are expected to dedicated specific amounts of time to certain initiatives each week and Timesheets.com allow employees to copy over hours week by week and adjust from those amounts. My employees love this feature. It saves them time from reinputting info in that stays constant week over week.

Cons

I did run into one bug while using the software, which Timesheets.com's tech team is working to resolve right now, but in general, for reporting, you can report on employee, by date range, by signed time and approved time. If signed electronically, the report show that the employee (named) and supervisor (named) electronically signed. But in the instance where an employee is also a supervisor or other employees, the report doesn't name them.

IO

Irma O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Review of Timesheet

Overall very efficient and excellent customer service skills was able to speak to several staff members

Pros

Convenience, efficiency and able to print reports as needed. Spoke with [sensitive content hidden] and was very helpful.

Cons

Getting charge for $1 on the last day of the month even though we were not going to officially start 11.01.2023

SL

Scott L.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Great for Government Contractors

Customer support is very responsive, and you can reach them through either a phone number or chat box that are both easy to find on the page.

Pros

Very few products meet the government DCAA requirements for time tracking, but Timesheets.com does. There are some very expensive options that might be appropriate for large companies, but for a small (<10 employees) company, those options are not acceptable. Timesheets.com is affordable for a small business and has the features needed for government contracting. The user interface is fairly easy to learn. Employees can enter their time either from a laptop or their mobile device, which is convenient. Some websites that review these tools say Timesheets.com has no "app", which creates the false impression that you can't use it on your phone...you can use it on your phone by pointing your browser to the www.timesheets.com website, which has a layout set up for mobile devices.

Cons

As a government contractor in a project-based work environment, the tools for setting up a project Work Breakdown Structure with multiple levels are fairly limited. The tools are good enough for a small business with project structures that are relatively small and simple, but are too limited for complex projects with a complicated WBS structure. I wish Timesheets.com would upgrade those tools.

JH

John H.

Defense & Space, 1-10 employees

Fantastic and Flexible Timekeeping (and more) Tool for Small Businesses

The three biggest issues that Timesheets.com solved for us were: 1. It moved us away from manual (home grown Excel spreadsheets) that were prone to errors, typos, and unintentional formula changes. 2. Can be DCAA compliant for government and government contractor customers. 3. Saved us a ton of time each month when performing payroll and invoicing functions.

Pros

Just about everything. We sampled five other timekeeping systems (four of which were higher priced) and nothing compared to Timesheets capabilities and flexibilities. We are a small engineering services company with a distributed work force. We were looking for a web-based tool that was able to track our time against multiple clients, projects, and codes within certain projects. We also wanted...

Cons

I really have no negatives to highlight. I typically am a relatively harsh reviewer of products. This one doesn't warrant a single negative.

HG

Heike G.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

I usually like!

Overall, I loved the save time and auto-save feature. I think it is one of the rare software that you can use for a long time and be satisfied. Also, thank you for your interest in customer service.

Pros

If you need a web-based timeline, you can rely on this software. I like the overall quality. It is obvious that it is a company that cares about customer satisfaction, and they managed to evaluate the negative comments and make the software up-to-date and error-free.

Cons

Since it is web-based, I sometimes have trust problems, but I have never had a negative experience in this regard. Since I've always been an obsessive person about trust, I think they will reach more users if they are updated on this issue. I think the general problem of the software we use today is the problem of trust.

JH

Juanita H.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Affordable, Easy, and one less thing to stress about

I have already shared it with three of my colleagues. I found it to be stress free to get it all set up and to start using it.

Pros

This was extremely easy to get my staff enrolled. There wasn't a single question, delay, or need to call anyone for assistance with just getting things started. Timesheet sent an email to my staff, the staff enrolled and all I had to do was add the email address. It was super easy compared to ADP. I love that you can save the website to the desktop and clock in with you information without having to login first. It takes about 10-15 seconds to clock in. My favorite feature is the approval of mistakes to clocking in and out. The staff can make a request and you can select to approve it or deny it from the email the system sends you. There is no searching for requests.

Cons

I wish the home page was easier to navigate. The design of the page makes it difficult to get to something the first few times you use it. It could be cleaned up to make it smoother.

JM

James M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

What a flexible tool for tracking employee time

Our prior time recording system was so difficult to use and had hard and fast restrictions about when time must be recorded that my employees were frequently not getting their time in. With Timesheets I have no more complaints from my employees about how bad the timesheet software is to use and no more excuses for not getting their time recorded. It went from being one of my biggest headaches to one of the easiest administrative tasks of the week. My CPA is happier with this software as well.

Pros

The software is very flexible. My employees can use the clock functionality to compute their time or they can manually enter their time after the fact. I am notified about manual time entries and I am able to review everything entered before approving. Employees are happy with the software Rollout was very easy and the support from Timesheets.com for the rollout was great

Cons

When reviewing and approving time I feel like it is not as obvious to me of what the necessary steps are when something is unusual. It always works out, but it should be a bit clearer.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

I am using Timesheets.com for my salon and it's been extremely efficient and easy for me & the team.

Ability to easily capture employee hours and monitor online. Ease of use, for me as the administrator and for my employees.

Pros

I really like how straightforward it was to set up for my employees, and how intuitive and easy it is for my employees to use everyday. It took them very little time to get accustomed to it, I feel confident their hours are being accurately captured, and it's easy for me to monitor and approve hours from wherever I am. I also really appreciate that it has an IP Lock feature; with many online systems...

TG

Tina G.

Accounting, 10,001+ employees

Time Tracking made easy!

Overall I love timesheet it helps me daily

Pros

The time clock and time tracking features are among my favorite within Timesheet.com. They make it easy.

Cons

The expense record could be more advance but I don't use it much anyways

Danielle F.

Great for tracking employees who work in the field! Easy to install and use on smart phones.

GPS tracking, Accurate time keeping, Ability to look back and refer to jobs worked on.

Pros

I really like the GPS tracking capability on timesheets.com. It helps to verify accuracy of where our guys clock in and out when they are in the field. It was very easy to install on their smart phones and they do not have any problems using it. It is very straight forward. Another great feature is the reports that can be downloaded - good for printing timesheets. Also, customer service is great! I've only worked with rep since we've been using the app (September, 2016), but she is very helpful in answering my questions. If she doesn't know the answer, she always gets back to me after researching it with her technical team.

Cons

We would like to use the Customer module of the app for our jobs, but our guys cannot assign a "Customer" to their day through the app. As a work around, we have utilized "Account Codes" and "Notes". The guys will chose the job name using an "Account Code" and in the "Notes", they will indicate the work that was done on that job for the day.

AB

Amy B.

Overall, Timesheets.com has been a great solution for our company.

Pros

I like the fact that I can run any reports I need, based on whichever variables I choose. I also like that I can set cost and bill rates for each person, and for each project. That flexibility is important in a consulting environment.

Cons

I would really like the ability to copy profiles or create profile templates for setting up new users. It's tedious going through each new user profile to set all the parameters and permissions, when they are the same as many existing users. I would also like to be able to give supervisors access to view specific employees, even if they are not under their direct chain of command. Or for them to be able to view all hours entered for a specific project. (Often, the person managing a project is not necessarily the supervisor for all employees on the project. But they still need to see all hours entered for that project.)

MQ

Michele Q.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Timesheets Review

excellent, money well spent so I can charge my clients accurately.

Pros

very easy to use. Support is quick and helpful.

Cons

only the fact I am probably not using it to it's full capability.

EM

Erika M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great Software

I have really enjoyed using Timesheets. It is super easy for my staff to catch on with very minimal training. I love it's ability to track PTO and it's a really great value.

Pros

It is easy to use and requires very little effort from employees. It is also an inexpensive option that works better and has better customer service than more expensive competitors.

Cons

It isn't the prettiest to look at but it is so functional.

AD

Annie D.

Amazing Product

I would recommend Timesheets to anyone and everyone. It is the best time tracking software out there and integrates beautifully with QuickBooks. Solved my problems wonderfully and is much cheaper than the other software options out there!

Pros

Timesheets is easy to use, it integrates smoothly with QuickBooks; It is inexpensive. It has all the features I need - including mileage and expenses without charging me extra fees unlike other popular and similarly named software. And when I needed mods, they were quick to add them. Their customer service is outstanding! They were with me every step of the way installing and making sure that integration was smooth and seamless. They ran through my first couple of payrolls to ensure everything worked perfectly. They followed up with emails and phone calls as needed to make sure that everything was working smoothly. My team has never had any issue using Timesheets. It is simple to use on any device, from anywhere.

Cons

The only thing I would wish for if I could have a wish is maybe a few more reports or that I could customize some reports. That's it. Otherwise I think it's perfect.

JB

Jenine B.

Used other for 1-2 years

Good employee time tracking app

This is a great app overall but it just wasn't the right fit for our company.

Pros

IF your willing to invest some time to set up the app it can be super helpful and make time tracking pretty much fool proof. Integration with Quickbooks was super easy. Importing customers and information from Quickbooks was also very quick and easy. Our employees found it easy to punch in and out and it keeps everyone honest. You don't realize how much money you are losing on payroll when you use paper time-sheets until you switch.

Cons

We are a plumbing and heating company so we do a lot of service calls. This app is great but for a service company wasn't what we actually needed.

elmare k.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Great product to keep time

Pros

Very user friendly. You can add sick leave time booked of and even holidays easy for hr department

Cons

People have to pit in their own hours which make it difficult to know if they really worked those hours

CP

Cynthia P.

11-50 employees

Clocking in and Out

Our company has used Timeclock.com since 2011 for both salary and hourly employees. We were able to merge the information/reports with the time clock to our payroll system.

Pros

What makes the software so worthy is the simplicity for both the employee & employer to be able to track hours, notes, vacation and etc. One of the features I really like are the reports that are available. One additional bonus to having this software also includes the archived information on each employee for the hours worked while employed with the company.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about this software because I feel that the options available make it so easy to setup a new employee.

Cyntha, We appreciate you taking time to review our product after all this time. Reviews definitely seem more relevant today than they might have a few years ago. Thanks again. Each review means a lot to us.