TMetric Reviews

4.5/5 (189 reviews)

Anoop Nath

A good Time tracking tool

Reviewed 2017-02-08

Tool is great for small IT business to track employee working hours in actuals. Our clients have been using this tools for last 2 years

Pros

Cons
Only max 11 hrs working time can be recored, we are having OT's

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Sebastian Droeppelmann

Best time locking tool i could find

Reviewed 2017-02-21

Perfect integration with Jira. Easy to use. simple. I am really happy that i found this piece of software. There are a few improvements that i could imagine, like create/mark multiple timeslots on one day with shift and update all Descriptions, but other than that i am really happy. Especially because you don't need to add a jira plugin I use it locally to track my own time to update the issues. I would suggest it to anyone.

Pros
Easy usage no Jira plugin needed free for small teams Good layout

Cons
sometimes the desktop app does not suggest all answers (it leaves out create separate task)

Kanstantsin Bucha

Ease of use tool

Reviewed 2017-02-09

I am freelancer and I used TMetric to control billing time on several concurrent projects I was working for. I found it more convenient to track all task in one ease of use system than do it in different environments of my customers. Especially when every customer has it own rates for bugs, incoming features and planned user stories. It was very helpful that weeks when I was committing in two software releases of two different teams at once. Thanks god I did not work so hard any more. I use only free version so have nothing to say about "Value for money". It saved a lot of my time when I could generate reports to bill my customers in a few seconds.

Pros
The way it track the working time

Cons
It has no android app It has single hour rate for one project. I need more specific rates, for example based on labes.

Dimir Ji

Easy and user-friendly

Reviewed 2017-01-20

I used TMetric with my remote team and it did a great job of time tracking. We spent less time of time tracking and more time with programming. I recommend TMetric for everyone who wanted a simple and feature-rich time tracker without a need to buy it and read many tutorials of how to use it.

Pros
Free, easy, budgeting and ability to add rates to any person in a team. Great integration with JIRA.

Cons
No mobile version

Boriša Erić

Review of TMetric

Reviewed 2019-08-05

My boss can easily track how many hours I spend working. It is fast and reliable.

Pros
Ease of use and application is very fast.

Cons
Maybe it would be good flow to enter time without descriptions, so I can enter only hours. But I realize that a lot of other functionalities depends on those entries (reports, etc..)

Michal Laskowski

a simple thus great app for time tracking

Reviewed 2018-11-14

Pros
We have integrated it with trello and it works like a charm.

Cons
No cons so far. I would be great to have an apple watch app.

Ariel Kostrna

TMetric makes time-clocking amazingly easy

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I've been using TMetric for over four months and I cannot imagine life without it. Editing your time is effortless. The Projects field allows you to pull reports for time clocked on individual projects, which is super useful. Team Summary reports are also something I use consistently. Best of all, TMetric is smart by recognizing when you've left the timer running, and by being able to easily jive with other apps. As an Asana user, it is way too simple to have the TMetric "Start Timer" with each individual task, and TMetric automatically grabbing the Asana Project and correlating it with the TMetric project. Saves me so much time and hassle! I couldn't recommend TMetric enough.

Pros
Ease of use, many kinds of reports, Project capability, easy time editing. good-looking aesthetically, integrations with Asana and other softwares .. for a start.

Cons
I really don't have any complaints about the software.

Robin Asher

TMetric Solved my Timekeeping Problem!

Reviewed 2019-08-19

I use the downloaded tool, day to day. At the end of the month, I go to the online version and I find all my projects and tasks laid out, in summary or detail form. I create my customer bills from this data.

Pros
T-Metric gives me a tool I can download to my laptop, plenty of choices for labeling projects and tasks, and a timekeeper that remembers what I am doing better than I do! When I forget there is a task running and there is a gap in activity, T-Metric asks what to do with the idle time- whether to include it in the task running or create a break. Another thing is the customer service - friendly and prompt.

Cons
I have not been able to think of any cons.

Alexander Mooij

Great simple time keeper

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
Very simple software, I like that a lot .

Cons
Extracting the right data in the right way can be a bit of a hassle.

Anonymous

My essential tool for time management.

Reviewed 2019-06-15

Pros
As a photographer time management is very important in my profession. Tmetric helps me to manage all my project and deliver them timely. Most of my projects are based on fixed fees, and there is a new option to charge if set fee par project. It solves a problem with non-billable projects and helps me to keep an eye on my earning. I must appreciate the reporting because it helps me to get an estimated time for my task. An Android application helps me to keep an eye on my ongoing project without any PC. Cross-platform capabilities help me to work efficiently. Now I am more organised than ever.

Cons
I didn't understand how the tags work. Searching with tags but it didn't work for me. A more in-depth search would be a better implication.

Chris Dickens

Great service.

Reviewed 2017-02-21

As an independant contractor, I've used time tracking tools over many years. TMetric is my latest of at least 6 months now. TMetric definitely is not the most feature rich, but it feels like they did it without compromising core needs, similar to how Apple simplified smartphones. I recommend it. They are also responsive to feature enhancements as well.

Pros
Simple and reporting is easy to use for billing purposes.

Cons
Manual time entry not as easy as using the timer. It adjusts entries unwittingly if you make mistakes.

Anonymous

Another simple time and project management application.

Reviewed 2019-05-25

The standalone TMetric is a great time tracking for projects. But with trello, it is really good.

Pros
I was surprised by how simple it integrates with trello. Just install the Chrome browser extension and it starts working with trello. The time is also minimalistic and the app doesn't need to be always online which is less diversion. It does the job tracking the time and showing the report of how my time was spent on trello. I didn't show any abnormality when I was testing this app. As always I was in a hurry and forgot to stop the timer and it logs over 24 hours of continuous working. At least I can change the start and the end time from the "time" tabs.

Cons
I can't import the trello project. I have to do it manually. As trello has API why not use it?

Virgilijus Bukevičius

Good way to track time within asana

Reviewed 2019-08-19

After using TMetric as a time tracker, it is way easier to do estimates for upcoming projects.

Pros
I am using Asana and TMetric allows me to track my time without going to another app.

Cons
It was hard to find the way how to see the time spent on projects of my colleagues.

Sasha Petreski

Nice tool for tracking time

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I am working in Development company and we are using this tool as work tracking tool. So far, it is nice for using, but our company is growing, so it begins to be a little mess.

Pros
Filtering of the stuff.

Cons
The filtering design. It can be more user friendly.

Marii Nieves

TMetrics is my boss! :) <in the best way possible>

Reviewed 2017-02-21

A little over 6 months ago, i decided to quit my full time Senior Marketing Manager job and dedicate all my energy to my business. Being the Type A personality human being that i am, i needed to make sure that everything about my business was as clear, documented and precised as it could be. After months (i'm not kidding) of searching for the right tool, i bumped across TMETRIC and i could not be more excited. The ability to create clients with their fees, projects and even pull out REPORTS! I mostly use the app through the Firefox plugin and it's become part of my daily routine. New task? Turn on the timer. Done? Turn it off; and so forth. Since then, i have recommended the app to at least 4 people; which i know are currently using it. Several colleagues have mentioned that they were not this organized when they started their businesses and that i have so much data and control of what i do! Thanks TMETRIC! <3

Pros
ease of use, interface

Cons
no mobile app

Saloni Mahajan

Best in class

Reviewed 2019-04-06

Pros
I like this tool very much. We use this in our organisation for project management and evaluate the time we spend on all the activities of our projects.The interface is very simple not so fancy looking but for this price its a great software.

Cons
I don't think i have anything negative to say about this product. One of the best project management tool for this price.

Adithi Mathews

Best tool for freelancers

Reviewed 2018-01-11

Perfect to stay organized and great time management tool.

Pros
One of the best tools that a freelancer can use. It is easy to use and has a great interface. The great feature of this tool is that it tracks time when offline as well.

Tomek Lis

Easy time tracking software.

Reviewed 2018-05-13

Pros
We have integrated metric with trello and it works like a charm for tracking time spent on tasks and projects.

Cons
Sometimes the app is unintuitive or over automated. Sometimes we have problems with it. But not often.

Paurakh Sharma Humagain

Remote Job? No problem

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Really liked the TMetric, It just saves me alot to time and help me stay productive.

Pros
Ability to visualize the time I have spent on which projects.

Cons
Adding time in a missing time period. Which is confusing some times.

Denis Ivkov

Best time tracking tool for software development.

Reviewed 2017-02-21

Excellent service for time during software development. I use regularly for the past 2 years. It is convenient, fast, functional. Excellent allows you to synchronize and take into account the work of the whole team.

Pros
Fast Functional Simple

Cons
none

Emily Walton

Basic Time Tracking - No Nonsense

Reviewed 2019-03-14

- Gives insight into margins on projects - Easy to use - Extension is great! So easy to switch between projects when you move between task-to-task.

Pros
- Chrome Extension means that you can track tasks without changing windows with an integrated icon on your nav bar. - Flags an error if you leave it running overnight - You get a visual timeline for your day so you can spot if you have forgotten to track any time. - Integrates with our project manage software, Asana - +++ - LOVE - Reporting function gives concise reports/pie charts - easy to read data.

Cons
- We've been using the software about 5 months & there have been around 7 days within that where the system has gone down & is unusable.

Wei Tat

BEST TIME TRACKING SITE EVER

Reviewed 2017-02-21

Previously I was tracking the time spent for my free lancing via typing in the time in a sticky note. I then calculate the total time spent at the end of each month and then sending an invoice over to the client. But with TMetric, I saved efforts of tracking and calculating time each month. All I had to do now was just to click on a start button on either the chrome extension or the website and it will auto tallies up the amount of time spent so that I don't have to risk of charging short to my clients. It is also good for track time spent on different sector of the projects by different team members/ employees so that the time spent of certain task could be justified without accusing of not being effective worker.

Pros
Clean and fast interface. easy to navigate and most functions that could think of are there.

Paolo Corti

A great tool for getting project metrics!

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Pros
I am using the free version from a few months now and I am impressed with the quality of this tool. I work for myself, and TMetric is a great application to figure out how to bill my different customers.

Cons
I don't see any cons. I am using the free version, and even this version is a very good tool for my purpose.

Practical and easy.

Reviewed 2017-09-06

Pros
- Is simple and easy to use; -Has Integrations with project manegers; -Have clear interface and simple layouts; -Track team activities per day and week; -You can print to pdf your timer; -Control over time Entry and Breaks; -Desktop app can track time on browsing; -Reminder on tasks left unpaused; Tmetric was the missing piece in our team. And it is so easy to getting used to, that we can't imagine working without it anymore.

Cons
This is hard, I don't think I have anything to dislike right now. Maybe a "autopause" feature, or a alert when you go on a task further then your work time. But it's not essential to the tool.

Callum Timpany

Decent bit of software, has the occasional crash

Reviewed 2017-02-07

Ive been using T-metric in a business environment for around 8 months now, its quite good for tracking time and integrates well into Jira. Ive had the service go down a few times however with no notification if it was for maintenance or if it was unplanned.

Pros
Integrates with jira Simple to use Works well

Cons
Occasional crashes or loss of service. Desktop app can be quite buggy