TMetric Reviews

4.5/5 (189 reviews)

Jonathan Nies

Easy to use and customize time tracking tool

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Pros
The relatively unofficial API support for the product is very through; if there isn't a first party support already built in for the tools we use, Browser Extension enabling ZenDesk Support, then we have some flexibility to build up additional solutions to integrate TMetric into our work flow. It's easy to create a budget for a project that can be assigned to either time or a monetary value. Time is linear, and cannot overlap; so if you need to go back and change your time because it wasn't tracked properly, you don't need to worry about readjusting all entries to make sure you're not double billing a client.

Cons
The project selection tool starts to get slow to load when you have a lot of projects in the system. The desktop application hasn't always been that reliable (crashes, the window opening) although I still run it in the background to monitor what I'm working on, so I can go back and review it at any time. Because time doesn't overlap it is relatively easy to accidentally overwrite a days worth of entries if you accidentally meant to make your start time of an entry to 3:00 PM, forgetting to add the "PM", and the system defaults to 3:00 AM, and giving you a quick "are you sure message".

Marie Johnson

Great but missing features

Reviewed 2019-08-22

Tmetric is very basic, reporting is poor and not configurable. While it tracks time it cannot track resource utilization, project burn, costs (vs price). Tmetric support is responsive however their reply for most of the enhancements is “it doesn’t do that” which means I need to find a product that wants to improve and provide the customer experience we need.

Pros
So I use this for all employees billable or not. It is great for internal usage but it is a lot of work to transfer to an invoice for a customer. On average each employee spends two hours each week. It doesn’t track expenses, car mileage, or receipts on an account so we have to use multiple applications to get one invoice out each week. I like that I can put in each contract assign the hours to each employee but it doesn’t do burn sheets so again I need another tool. As for tracking time it’s just okay. It’s great when it work automatically on the computer. It does a great job at tracking idle time but tends to crash when in a project monitoring activity. While all apps crash the issue is you don’t know this one has because it’s hidden until you want to do a different task and then you’ve lost all your tracking. Oh there is a feature to allow customers access but I would never do that without the ability to configure it to show the customer what I want

Cons
Reliability and stability are the least favorite things

Charlotte Nystrom

Great for freelancers! Works well.

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Overall, I've enjoyed using TMetric, it far outperforms any other system I've used in the past and I'll definitely be sticking with it for the long haul.

Pros
I love that I can track time for multiple clients with just a few clicks. The end of the week summaries are perfect and allow for quick and easy invoicing without too much effort.

Cons
The software can be a tad glitchy at times, but I've found that some patience and a quick refresh usually gets things flowing smoothly again.

Samuel Stevenson

Best timetracker I've found

Reviewed 2019-08-05

My time tracking is more accurate now than ever. I'm not having to fabricate time entries when they were missed.

Pros
App provides a solid set of ways to start timers (Chrome extension, web app, mobile app) but if you forget to start the timer, which I often do, the desktop activity monitor makes it so easy to fill in the blanks.

Cons
It could have a prettier UI. The PC app in particular. And the PC app could have features allowing a timer to stay on screen in an unobtrusive way.

Vinicius Andrade

Fundamental

Reviewed 2019-08-19

It's a must to have time tracker for teams, I know if a I'm being productive or not. I can share the log with my team and make adjustments. I can estimate better the next jobs and provide the ideal due time to clients and to the board.

Pros
The product has improved a lot since they started. It's simple to use but full of features, as you can read in others feedbacks. I don’t need to edit all stuff, it knows where I’m am and what a I’m doing. I just need to add a title and labels and Tmetric supply me with a day or week relatory as I wish. The interface is easy to use, quick to learn, very easy to visualize the informations and the interactions respond instantly without delays.

Cons
Too much grey in the UI (but I’m a designer so maybe not the focus group user) It's just a time tracker after all, I have to use other tools for other kind of work management (so I have to end up to administrate a lot of tools at time).

Brandon Zell

Nice Straightforward Time Tracking App

Reviewed 2017-02-12

My favorite thing about TMetric is the day view. This is the main view where you start and stop tasks. It's incredibly simple and has a fantastic graph showing all logged work for the day. This lets me easily see: - How much I've been working on a task during the day - How much time I've logged for the day - By hovering, I can see how long each break I took was. I've used several other time tracking services, and none of them made it this easy to cover those basic features. -- Pros: - Great day overview graphic. - Easily see how long breaks where. - Free for up to 5 users! Cons: - The UI isn't the most intuitive. Once you understand how things work, it's easy. - Desktop app is for Windows only, so I can't take advantage of their automatic tracking. - Reports don't generate any graphics, just line items with hours. Currently the reports tell you things like "You spent 40 hours on this project", but I don't see a way to see a graphic that would tell me when I worked those 40 hours. -- Overall, this a great tool for time tracking. My one piece of advice if you're thinking of trying TMetric: Commit to trying this for a week. You need to push past the initial setup and slight learning curve to enjoy how easy TMetric is to use.

Pros
The thing I like most about TMetric is the "Today" page. It provides great information and makes time tracking quite simple.

Cons
The reports are fairly barebones... just the data. Wish the time tracking data was used to create graphics of how much work was done on each day/week/month for different projects.

Anonymous

Easy to use, minimalist time tracking software

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Note: using free version, manually reporting time from TMetric to clients and manually putting time from TMetric into invoicing

Pros
Clean organized and minimalist design. Easy to start and stop timers Easy to edit timers Notifies you if a timer ran overnight and asks you to correct it You can customize your projects and labels You can easily see time spent on projects using any timescale you want (weeks, months, days, year) Quick and responsive UI I know it integrates with Quickbooks but have not used it yet You can track time by when you worked on it, not just by how much time you worked on it in a day.

Cons
Since a recent update, the Firefox add-in no longer works so I have to use Tmetric in a window Installed desktop app is not as nice as the web-version (items not organized alphabetically)

Stacy Maguire

Long time user

Reviewed 2019-08-05

I like using Tmetric. It's easy to track my employees. the tech support is pretty responsive.

Pros
I like that I can easily pull up information on a certain project, a certain time frame, a certain user, or a certain client. I can get an overview of what projects are active and how much I can expect to invoice.

Cons
It's not always intuitive, there is a bit of learning curve. And there is no dashboard! I wish there was a dashboard that gives an overview of all the projects and users.

Robin Van Cauter

One of the best time trackers available

Reviewed 2017-02-07

Time tracking is hard, I've used 2-3 other time tracking apps on a daily basis for a couple of months and the only piece of software that really nailed the core functionality for me was TMetric. The interface is put simply, a pleasure to work with. On top of that, I don't even use the main interface that much, because the Chrome Extension integrates neatly with almost every (webdev) project management tool we've used (Github, Gitlab, JIRA, ..) The only thing that would be a nice to have(having used Harvest as well), is billing rates per tag or task categories. We bill certain types of tasks within a project differently to our customers and creating a project per type of task for every customer seems like an akward way of achieving this. I know a few companies that would switch to TMetric instantly if this feature was available. Overall I love TMetric and it's simplicity!

Pros
- Lightweight interface - Simplicity

Cons
- No per task type / category / tag billing rates

MARCUS BRAGA

Very nice tool to control you time on projects

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I searched a lot of time and tested various project management tools and ended up adopting Tmetric. It was the most complete tool I found and still has integration with several development ideals like visual studio online. In addition to having a great range of free use, it helps a lot to small teams that have no budget for paid tools.

Pros
Good integration with third-party tools. Time Value Calculation Resource.

Cons
Integration with third-party systems can not tell the project when I start a task. This causes me to have a job getting back on the site, editing the task and informing the project.

Borja García

A good option to consider

Reviewed 2019-08-05

I've been using this tool since I join my company to log what I do and where I spend my time. It's very easy to use, and the reports are very useful. The only problems I've had are described in the Cons section, so a good app in general.

Pros
* Easy to use * Excellent free tier. * Can filter tasks by project, client, dates, tags, ...

Cons
* Sometimes it loses connection to the server and you're unable to start/stop tasks. * Hard (impossible?) to fix recurrent tasks: if you reuse a task but you didn't apply correct project/tags the first time, you'll need to set it every time you select it again

Caue Almeida

A Nonsense User's Experience

Reviewed 2017-02-21

Well, I've been using TMetric for a while now with the team I work with and there area some things I really unlike. Let's talk about performance: why every single time I click on a task to edit it takes a while? It's not fast, and it should be. Your support is not as friendly as I imagined. After a TMetric's update, I found a bug and opened an issue as fast as I could for you guys, and I really was expecting a more friendly feedback. And about updates: please, be careful with deploys in production. You can test your software in modules. Until that bug I said before was fixed, I got some troubles here because of that. I think that's it. Thank you guys, your work is amazing. Cheers.

Pros
KISS: Keep It Simples Stupid. And that's it, simple things are better.

Cons
Not so fast, not so pretty.

Volodymyr Bilyk

Well-made Time Tracker

Reviewed 2018-09-03

TMetric is good barebones time tracker for those who just need to have this little fleeting thing under control. It is good for those who only getting into the whole time tracking thing.

Pros
Of all the time trackers i have used - this one is more comfortable than the rest. Its greatest advantage is simplicity. You just make a couple of click and huzzah - the clock is ticking. It was very helpful in understanding how much time it takes for me to complete certain type of tasks and subsequently better plan my working day.

Cons
Reporting is skeletal. If you want to go in detail about the stuff - you will need something else.

karan verma

Acts as a great link

Reviewed 2018-12-06

It keeps us organised and we can keep track of small things like how much time is spent on current project. On the basis of same we were able to analyze how we can enhance our productivity.

Pros
It is a great link between the time I spent and the reports generated for the same. It has Trello plug-in and the billing estimates are perfectly made for us. It has great integration with third party applications. Everyone loves the ease of use it provides. The autocomplete feature is also good in Tmetrics.

Cons
The wrong learnings by autocomplete are not helpful. The merging of tasks into single task can be better.

Alexander Mooij

TMetric as Asana add-on

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I use TMetric as a timekeeping method in Asana. I do this by using chrome with tmetric's extention, when I start chrome up it opens Asana, Tmetric and my cloud drive. It is the first time timekeeping software actually seems to work for me. It's simple and effective. The relative low amount of features (that I use and actually see) is a plus for me. The goal is to keep time on my projects and tasks. Editing is also pretty easy. Adding new tasks that I have done in the past is easy on the same day, but a few more steps on different day. That could use some improvement.

Pros
Simplicity

Cons
Adding things I've done a day earlier.

Ellen Gugenberger

Helpful tool for a small business owner

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Pros
It helps me keep track of how much time I'm allocating to each client. It helps maintain strong time management skills across multiple projects and makes billing easier.

Cons
I wish it was easier to update the tasks (prompted every 30 minutes) without having to stop tracking and then starting tracking again. It should be easier to just edit the task/project per client/project.

Wikus Otto

Great for time management

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Pros
It's easy to use and set up projects. It helps me manage my time efficiently without being "in the way".

Cons
There's nothing I dislike about the software. It works well overall.

Jesse Emia

Solid Service

Reviewed 2017-02-21

We have been using TMetrics now for almost half a year and its been a solid service to use in our business. We area able to help track team members hours and see how they are progressing. Some areas of improvement would be having Admins the same ability to start and stop times in a team. Not very mobile friendly mainly for desktop use or iPad. If your a start up or starting out then a great service to kick off with

Pros
Like the 8 hour green red function on the summary reports

Cons
not mobile friendly making it hard to use on the job

Edward Rangel

My experience has been very satisfactory with its reports and control of time spended in my projects

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Pros
I like and enjoy the reports because are very detailed, for example I can see the statistics of my partners when we worked in many subtask of a big activity and I can know when we spend longer than estimated.

Cons
Well I think that isn't easy the installation, it can be more simply, for now it's the only thing that i see with this software.

Anoop Nath

A good Time tracking tool

Reviewed 2017-02-08

Tool is great for small IT business to track employee working hours in actuals. Our clients have been using this tools for last 2 years

Pros

Cons
Only max 11 hrs working time can be recored, we are having OT's

Sebastian Droeppelmann

Best time locking tool i could find

Reviewed 2017-02-21

Perfect integration with Jira. Easy to use. simple. I am really happy that i found this piece of software. There are a few improvements that i could imagine, like create/mark multiple timeslots on one day with shift and update all Descriptions, but other than that i am really happy. Especially because you don't need to add a jira plugin I use it locally to track my own time to update the issues. I would suggest it to anyone.

Pros
Easy usage no Jira plugin needed free for small teams Good layout

Cons
sometimes the desktop app does not suggest all answers (it leaves out create separate task)

Kanstantsin Bucha

Ease of use tool

Reviewed 2017-02-09

I am freelancer and I used TMetric to control billing time on several concurrent projects I was working for. I found it more convenient to track all task in one ease of use system than do it in different environments of my customers. Especially when every customer has it own rates for bugs, incoming features and planned user stories. It was very helpful that weeks when I was committing in two software releases of two different teams at once. Thanks god I did not work so hard any more. I use only free version so have nothing to say about "Value for money". It saved a lot of my time when I could generate reports to bill my customers in a few seconds.

Pros
The way it track the working time

Cons
It has no android app It has single hour rate for one project. I need more specific rates, for example based on labes.

Dimir Ji

Easy and user-friendly

Reviewed 2017-01-20

I used TMetric with my remote team and it did a great job of time tracking. We spent less time of time tracking and more time with programming. I recommend TMetric for everyone who wanted a simple and feature-rich time tracker without a need to buy it and read many tutorials of how to use it.

Pros
Free, easy, budgeting and ability to add rates to any person in a team. Great integration with JIRA.

Cons
No mobile version

Virgilijus Bukevičius

Good way to track time within asana

Reviewed 2019-08-19

After using TMetric as a time tracker, it is way easier to do estimates for upcoming projects.

Pros
I am using Asana and TMetric allows me to track my time without going to another app.

Cons
It was hard to find the way how to see the time spent on projects of my colleagues.

Sasha Petreski

Nice tool for tracking time

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I am working in Development company and we are using this tool as work tracking tool. So far, it is nice for using, but our company is growing, so it begins to be a little mess.

Pros
Filtering of the stuff.

Cons
The filtering design. It can be more user friendly.