TMetric Reviews

4.5/5 (189 reviews)

Tammi Oldknow

I NEED THIS... and LOVE it

Reviewed 2019-08-19

I have used this for a couple of years and have even recommended to my clients that want to hire staff. I have some clients that want to know how every minute is spent and others that are happy as long as I am getting the task done in the time I am allotted, but TMetric takes all of the guesswork out. Regardless of what I am invoicing the client for I can send the report from TMetric so I am aware of exactly how much time to bill each client for.

Pros
I like that with the click of a button I can not only switch between clients but also sub projects for each of those clients. At the end of the week I can run a report and pull everything into a spreadsheet and send each client a complete snapshot of how much time was spend on which aspects of their business. There is even an app so if I am not sitting at my desk but doing some work from my tablet or on a call I can still click the button and track every minute.

Cons
I have not encountered anything I dislike. I use the free version and have not found its limitations

Anonymous

Perfect Time Tracking Tool

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Pros
One of my favorite things about TMetric is its integration with Asana. I am a freelance web designer and website manager and I use Asana to help me keep track of all of my daily tasks that need to be performed for all of my clients and when I'm working on a big project. I needed an easy way to keep track of my time so I knew how long tasks were taking me to complete. TMetric was and easy choice. The free plan gave me exactly what I needed, it was super easy to hook in to asana and my chrome browser and now I am tracking everything. I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win!

Cons
I honestly have nothing bad to say about this software, it met my needs perfectly.

Leon Troitski

The Time tracker I was looking for as a freelancer

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Pros
As a freelancer (Web/Software Developent) I found almost every feature that I needed working for different clients with their respective projects and tasks. Some projects run on an hourly rate basis, others have their budgets. You can combine both. I also time track my own learning and other non-earning processes, so that in the end of the month I can see the time spent on commercial as well as non-commercial tasks. The reports are really nice. I use submit them together with the invoice to the respective clients, making my month's work transparent to them. The application is very intuitive. You see only what you really need. You have type-ahead suggestions for new tasks based on what you have already entered in the past. There are some team functionalities, which I don't use as a freelancer, but which could be pretty useful if you work in team. The app runs comfortably synchron on any device.

Cons
The app design is not well suitable for a small viewport (smartphone). It gets horizontally scrollable, which is not really comfortable. Probably it's a general problem for timelines, but I hope there could be a solution for that in the future. A mobile app would be nice too.

Samantha Groff

Time Tracking Made Easy

Reviewed 2019-08-19

We needed to see how long we were taking on specific tasks to determine if we were charging enough for our services.

Pros
I liked the straight forward interface which everyone learned quickly.

Cons
What I least like is that only admins can add people to projects. There are occasions when it would be nice to just have someone login their time on a project without having to be added to the whole team process.

Joshua Ede

The only time keeping software I'll ever use!

Reviewed 2017-02-21

When I started as an employee as a website developer and IT Support Officer I wanted an easy way to keep track of my time and how I use my time. I asked myself: That takes up the majority of my time and how often do I change tasks throughout the day? The system that was originally developed was very manual and required the required only journal for start and finish times. After trialing a large amount of software and solutions on the market I started using TMetric and have had my best time management experience. Not only do I now keep a time log of my work but I can also analyse my time history and provide my employer with instant reports within seconds based on my key words (Tags) and/or Project and/or Client. The amount of options is amazing. I have submitted development requests and have seen some of my great ideas developed within Tmetrics online application. With the product continuous being improved, I won't be moving away from TMetric. TMetric has helped me organise my website developing skills into a development areas. The recording of website development time segments has helped better prepare for more accurate quoting for website customisations.

Pros
Segmenting of tags for accurate reporting along with: Automatic starting and stopping.

Cons
Starting a new time for a project needs to be very accurate (within 2 minutes) otherwise a break forms when I don't need one.

Ben Danby

Data is power

Reviewed 2017-02-21

TMetric is a innovative tool, that initially I was extremely resistant too, as I didn't understand the value in recording time. After 1 whole month of recording time, I immediately saw the benefit. Even though I have been working in a similar way for a long time, I did not truly understand how much time I lost. I knew there was parts of my day to day work I needed to improve, but couldn't fully pinpoint where the churn of time was. Luckily, Tmetric allows me to see just how much time I TRULY spend with tasks not important to my real work, and where I can best spend that time instead. The UI is brilliant now. Other then the below improvement suggestion, it is actually very smooth to use. Easy to learn and easy to master. Improvements: I would like to see it better predict what tasks I am putting in. There are some tasks, especially in the morning, I feel it could be smart and know I always have a stand-up at 9:30AM in the week if i log time that day. Then, If I happen not too, it would be easier for me to remove, rather then keep selecting this on a day to day basis.

Pros
Time logging Reporting Group subsets of tasks Finding work churns Truly understanding resource allocation

Cons
Could better predict a user's day to day tasks Reporting UI took a while to understand how to view tasks...

Elizabeth Jansen van Vuuren

Simple, easy, effective

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Tmetric has saved me buckets of time, effort and frustration in keeping track of time spent on a range of projects and tasks. I'm naturally bad at record keeping but with Tmetric time tracking is a breeze.

Pros
I have tried various online productivity tools, and Tmetric is the only one I've stayed with. Easy, intuitive and responsive interface, so little time and effort required. I use Tmetric to track my own billable work time and the report I generate within seconds at the end of the month within seconds, fully meets my needs.

Cons
Honestly for the use I put it to, I've not come across any challenges or shortcomings.

Xander Wouters

Time tracking essentials without the bloat

Reviewed 2017-02-07

After another free time tracking app we used completely overhauled their UI in favour of providing lots of features we didn't really need, we went to look for an alternative solution. We stumbled upon TMetric, a new time tracking app seemingly still in its early stages. This is great because the team behind it clearly focused on the essentials first without bloating the software with feature creep. The core interactions required for a time tracking app are all very polished and unlike the competitor products. I personally really like the timeline and seeing my logged work hours and breaks so visually. It's also really intuitive to add breaks or worklog items after the fact. Integrations with common project management software are plentiful and the one I used so far works seamless ly (GitLab). The only shortcomings are in the billing rate options, these are still very basic so having multiple different rates depending on task type etc is not possible yet (as far as I know). However, Devart has a support portal where they are reasonably active and you can request features there.

Pros
Very simple and intuitive, visual timeline for your worklogs and breaks

Cons
Billing rates are very basic (only one rate for your account and a team member rate)

Daniel Lambert

Perfect for a Startup

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I've been using T-Metric for months, and it has been my go-to time-tracking software. It is currently offered for free so its value for money is superb.We'll see how they choose to charge for their service in the future. For now, it being free and having a nice Chrome extension that plays well with Asana, as well as its extremely easy-to-use interface and simplicity are what drew me to it and keep me here.

Pros
Simple, free, easy to track track time and generate reports.

Cons
In my specific case, the limitation that prevents employees from entering time more than 3 days late has been troublesome. I would like to see an option to control this functionality, as well as perhaps a time-approval process that can be done on a weekly basis, where employees submit their time and have it approved by a supervisor.

Phillip Lanos

Worth it and it's seamless.

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-08-19

Extremely responsive customer service and the product has a solid build that hasn't ever bugged on me.

Pros
I love everything about it, there are only two softwares I use in conjunction due to missing functionality, I use Trello for the Kanban view of tasks and I use Planaway to synch the calendar so that my tasks show up as part of my day in my google Calendar to avoid scheduling a meeting during a time I blocked out for tasking. It would be awesome to have a client login for them to check on the overall tasklist without having to share my own account login which would expose my other clients info.

Cons
It's pretty damn good. Nothing to complain about.

Darren Lee

GREAT Timekeeping tool

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Pros
Simple design Tracking Detailed report is very useful

Cons
It crashes sometimes. It runs more than 12 hours and ask user to fix the timer next day.

Renelene Jay Camba

An Easy-to-Use Freelancer Time Tracker and Summary Report Tool

Reviewed 2019-08-20

I initially used Tmetric in digital marketing. As we all know digital marketing has a broad set of tasks that needs to be segmented especially on reports. It helps me to prioritize set of tasks within its respective period. It also helps me to easily connect with the client. At first, I doubted its capability as time tracker as I was confused on how to use it. But as I understand its real purpose, I then started enjoying its use especially on summary reports. Kudos to Tmetric!

Pros
What I like most about it is its simplified yet detailed reports on a chosen time period. You can actually enumerate the different tasks you have worked on within your preferred timeline(hour/day/week/year). You can also choose as to how your summary reports will be shown—will it be by projects, by tasks, by team or by whole. Nonetheless, you can also fix your reports even after the period you have worked on. If you feel that your report lacks some tasks you finished, you can always review and rewrite you reports for a more accurate summary.

Cons
So far, all the features on its free plan have benefited me, my client and my work. I can't see any least of it.

Attila Nagy

Helped me to spend less time on accounting

Reviewed 2019-08-05

I have to account for my time amongst some projects and report back times spent. TMetric's browser plugin makes this accounting a very easy and time-saving effort.

Pros
The best part is multi-device integrations, you can use your phone and browser plugin and they are all in sync. I also like that the browser plugin can fetch data from the current context (like adding a button to a Jira ticket and filling up everything when you click on that). Hm, no, the best part is for basic accounting the free version is enough. And if you need more features, you can always opt-in to the paid plans. But frankly, the existence of the free option made me to start using it.

Cons
It would be nice if the browser plugin (firefox) could do search as you type (for searching past tasks).

Pablo Luna

A perfect tool for track my daily task

Reviewed 2019-08-05

I had used tools like this in my desktop enviroment for years but I lost time every day writing the name of the task, project etc.. Since I use tmetric I can focus in my work without afraid of lossing my time because i didnt write.

Pros
The most important thing for me is that you have not to write anything. There is a perfect integration between tools like redmine, github, google anf tmetric. So you don't need to do anything, just click on "start time" and the program do everithing.

Cons
Nothing. I think this is a perfect tool for mine.

Ali Nuraldin

I always choose TMetric for any new team or project setup for years

Reviewed 2019-08-05

We are tracking time of developers and reviewing their work according to TMetric data and it really helps us to manage our team and product development. Also TMetric is part of our KPI calculation.

Pros
It' easy to use - the UI/UX is so intuitive. Last months it even became more available thanks to multi account support.

Cons
Sometimes it has shutdowns. Sometimes it happened during really important period of time, where I needed it the most.

Daniel Lambert

Indispensable Tool for Intuitive Time Tracking

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Pros
It’s extremely easy to use. It also behaves in intuitive ways, like adding breaks which, by default, automatically end at the time you press the button.

Cons
I don’t use all the bells and whistles, and the pro version may be leas affordable for teams which are small and still trying to get funding, but it’s nonetheless a great product. The staff also works with you to extend trials in extenuating circumstances. They’re great people.

Marijan Gudelj

Perfect tracking solution

Reviewed 2019-08-19

I had a couple of very small problems with it within my years of using the app. Everytime I submitted and tried to contact the support they were friendly and patched things up real quick- Even though I was a free user. I wouldn't trade this app for the world!

Pros
There is a lot that TMetric has to offer but for me two things stand out: 1. The ability to track time: you have various plugins (desktop,in browser) or you can just go to your in app and track tiime. Also it even easier to track time with various tools: asana, jira,trello etc. It adds a task name also so you don't have to bother with that 2. Reporting: The reports are great. When I send my clients the reports on the end of the month they are very pleased. also it is great overview to monitor your self progress.

Cons
The when having subtasks on Trello it would be usefull to get the names of the parent task as well as the subtask

Vinod Jacob

Great Timekeeping Software with no footprint

Reviewed 2017-02-07

Excellent time keeping software allows to keep track of my hours on the current task and i can give my boss more accurate numbers about how long it takes to develop a program or whatever task that I am working on.

Pros
web based no need to install software on the pc can track from anywhere after logging in. Ability to run and generate reports

Cons
so far there is nothing that I can complain Would like to be able to send an email into a bot to capture time if needed.

Response from Devart

Please confirm your email so the review appeared on Capterra. Thanks for sharing your experience with TMetric.

Ana Molina

Time is money

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Pros
* Keeping track of my time lets me know how much to charge my clients * Easy integration to all the software tools I use. * Intuitive interface * Frequent updates * Easy reporting * Full features in the free version

Cons
All features of the program are easy to learn. There is no cons I can detect from it.

Ovidiu Farauanu

Since we use TMetric, we invoice the customer in time

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Pros
TMetric integrates very well with all tools that we use (email, jira, bitbucket, trello, etc). It is the best choice regarding tracking tasks coming from customers on concurrent channels and aggregate them into a single invoice for the customer. It has also idle detection and open end timer detection which is very helpful for us. Since we use TMetric, we invoice the customer in time and we pay freelancers always in time. Which is a great plus!

Cons
I would like to have better XML/CSV/JSON export for the invoices and reports. Have in mind that not everyone is using QuickBooks.

Sergey Balashoff

Best application for life!

only the best experience

Pros
I use this application every day, it saves a lot of time in evaluating working hours. 1. It is very easy to get a report. 2. You always feel the time. 3. Focuses on work.

Cons
Did not find such. This is truly the best app I've ever met in my life. I recommended!

Nathalie Collins

Highly Recommend

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Pros
Perfect solution for all companies in any industry. Easy to implement and manage. Easy access for employees.

Cons
Price is an issue especially since Quickbooks took it over. Should be included with Quickbooks and possibly kept as a stand alone price for individuals without QBO.

Roman Kuznetsov

Experience using Tmetric in small Web-studio

Reviewed 2017-02-07

Hello! My name is Roman, I'm the CEO of small web-studio in Moscow, Russia. Tmetric is the best way to track how much time and money we spend on project. It is integrated with Trello, so in my weekly reports I can see what type of project took more or less time. Also it is helpful for my employees to get paid for working hours. I see work in T-metric - I pay :) Tmetric is nice, helpful and free tool for business!

Pros
Detailed reports for every employee with cost for me.

Cons
Mobile version maybe

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Evaldas Mikelevi¿ius

Very good and easy to use. Low cost

Reviewed 2017-02-21

Low cost per user in market. Free for teams up to 5 members. Very simple and easy to use. No unnecessary features. But a few features missing - sync with iCal and Google Calendar; add future events. I believe that these features will be in the future. Another small note about time tracking on the PC - requires that the regular user can not disable the time tracking and needs simpler tasks of adding like on chrome extensnion. In summary, a very good.

Pros
Simple and easy to use. No unnecessary features. Low cost. Free for teams up to members

Cons
A few features missing - sync with iCal and Google Calendar; add future events. I believe that these features will be in the future. Another small note about time tracking on the PC - requires that the user can not disable the regular time tracking and needs simpler tasks of adding, like on chrome extensnion

Response from Devart

Hi Evaldas, we want to discuss your feature request about sync with iCal and Google Calendar and adding future events. Please contact our representative Denis Yanov through email denisy@tmetric.com with an email subject "Feature request from Capterra"

Ada Ruda

Simple time tracking

Reviewed 2018-05-25

Timetracking in our company.

Pros
We implemented it in small consulting company. Now we know which projects and tasks were profitable :-) Integration with trello is a killer.

Cons
We have some difficulties using the website app. We would prefer to install a desktop application.