All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

TMetric Reviews

Great time tracker for freelance work

This is a great value for freelancers. When I realized the integration with quickbooks was not going to work in my particular set up I tried other free time trackers and quickly decided to just pay for TMetric even though I couldn't get the integration.

Pros

I like the ability to segment hours by client and then also tag the time with separate attributes that I can use to track certain projects within a customers work scope.

Cons

I originally chose this software for the ability to integrate with Quickbooks as a way to streamline my invoicing process each month. When I struggled with the integration I quickly realized I would have to upgrade my quickbooks account to take advantage of this feature.

Thanks a lot for the review, Melanie. We appreciate your point of view. If you struggle with such problems again, please, read more here https://tmetric.com/help/invoices/invoicing-with-quickbooks-online or write to our support team support@tmetric.com

Data is power

TMetric is a innovative tool, that initially I was extremely resistant too, as I didn't understand the value in recording time. After 1 whole month of recording time, I immediately saw the benefit. Even though I have been working in a similar way for a long time, I did not truly understand how much time I lost. I knew there was parts of my day to day work I needed to improve, but couldn't fully...

Pros

Time logging Reporting Group subsets of tasks Finding work churns Truly understanding resource allocation

Cons

Could better predict a user's day to day tasks Reporting UI took a while to understand how to view tasks...

Manage team members' hours on company projects

It integrates my personal and team workflow considerably well, making it easy to categorize time and keep all project tasks on time.

Pros

• Integration with several fermenters that we use as Jira and Tello. • Has the function of exporting to spreadsheets in .csv format. • Provides mobile application. • Very good cost benefit. • It has great usability and option to use tags. • It makes it much easier to track my team's work.

Cons

Occasional failures or loss of service without warning or apparent reason. The desktop application is a little complicated. Exporting reports to Google Drive takes a little bit of work. Navigating through different tasks is a little bad. At first, I found it difficult to visualize the time that my colleagues took on each project.

Thanks for your review! We're working hard to meet the users' requirements. If you have questions in the process of using the product, please contact our support and we will quickly fix it. And we are happy to accept comments about the navigation of the interface, as we always listen to our customers point of view and try to make TMetric as convenient as possible.

Great Product and Intuitive

Our business efficiencies are now in quantitative form that can be reviewed and analyzed for improvement.

Pros

This is has helped our business understand our employee efficiencies like never before, and with the 'plug-ins' for chrome and other platforms, there is really no excuse not to find it easy to use. We also now use this as our hourly rate tracking for contracts established in that way.

Cons

The only issue we've had is with the integration with our accounting software 'Quickbooks'. It does not connect easily and we still have to complete the tasks manually.

Thank you, Mitchell, for your feedback. Look at this tips, it may help you https://tmetric.com/help/data-integrations/quickbooks-synchronizing-time

GREAT Timekeeping tool

Pros

Simple design Tracking Detailed report is very useful

Cons

It crashes sometimes. It runs more than 12 hours and ask user to fix the timer next day.

Thanks for your review, Darren. We're working hard to meet users' requirements.

An exemplary time tracking app, long live Tmetric!

I'm solving the problem of time tracking/time sheets for myself within our organization. Previously i was jotting down time on scraps of paper/notebooks and then had written my own app in VBA inside excel, but it was clunky and did not total up time on projects. Tmetric's reporting is very helpful in tracking time spent per project.

Pros

With Tmetric, i like the simple integration with other task managment platforms such as todoist. The way time is tracked is simple and it's fast and easy to input data about each project and task being worked on such that it becomes part of your flow

Cons

The page to add projects is a little bit clunky in terms of the order of data entry - i want to enter project ID first, then project title. ALso it would be useful to directly enter clients from the add project page.

Thanks for your time and review, we will take it into account.

Time tracking essentials without the bloat

After another free time tracking app we used completely overhauled their UI in favour of providing lots of features we didn't really need, we went to look for an alternative solution. We stumbled upon TMetric, a new time tracking app seemingly still in its early stages. This is great because the team behind it clearly focused on the essentials first without bloating the software with feature creep....

Pros

Very simple and intuitive, visual timeline for your worklogs and breaks

Cons

Billing rates are very basic (only one rate for your account and a team member rate)

An Easy-to-Use Freelancer Time Tracker and Summary Report Tool

I initially used Tmetric in digital marketing. As we all know digital marketing has a broad set of tasks that needs to be segmented especially on reports. It helps me to prioritize set of tasks within its respective period. It also helps me to easily connect with the client. At first, I doubted its capability as time tracker as I was confused on how to use it. But as I understand its real purpose, I then started enjoying its use especially on summary reports. Kudos to Tmetric!

Pros

What I like most about it is its simplified yet detailed reports on a chosen time period. You can actually enumerate the different tasks you have worked on within your preferred timeline(hour/day/week/year). You can also choose as to how your summary reports will be shown—will it be by projects, by tasks, by team or by whole. Nonetheless, you can also fix your reports even after the period you have worked on. If you feel that your report lacks some tasks you finished, you can always review and rewrite you reports for a more accurate summary.

Cons

So far, all the features on its free plan have benefited me, my client and my work. I can't see any least of it.

Thanks for your trust, Renelene Jay. We will continue to keep it this way.

my sepia review

It's easy to use and It helps to see how much time your team spend un each Project and each tag

Pros

The time tracking, It helps a lot and I like too the easy to use the platform, although the usability can be improved.

Cons

The reports, i would like It to be more peronalized

Thanks for your feedback, Marcos.

Perfect for a Startup

I've been using T-Metric for months, and it has been my go-to time-tracking software. It is currently offered for free so its value for money is superb.We'll see how they choose to charge for their service in the future. For now, it being free and having a nice Chrome extension that plays well with Asana, as well as its extremely easy-to-use interface and simplicity are what drew me to it and keep me here.

Pros

Simple, free, easy to track track time and generate reports.

Cons

In my specific case, the limitation that prevents employees from entering time more than 3 days late has been troublesome. I would like to see an option to control this functionality, as well as perhaps a time-approval process that can be done on a weekly basis, where employees submit their time and have it approved by a supervisor.

Useful but limited

Positive.

Pros

Ease of use and simple management console for administration

Cons

Linear cost structure, should be cheaper per user for more users. Lack of transparency in which specific features are tied to specific product pricing levels. Lack of API integration with other IT systems.

Thank, Peter, for your feedback! We have a release with a new list of integration. Here you can see some of them https://blog.tmetric.com/tmetric-adds-6-new-integrations/.

Functional and Integrates

Positive.

Pros

This product is functional and integrates well with our project management software and in its own window and app. Would suggest giving it a try at multiple tiers.

Cons

That the timer doesn't always start when you click it.

Thanks for your review, we will take it into account.

Nice Straightforward Time Tracking App

My favorite thing about TMetric is the day view. This is the main view where you start and stop tasks. It's incredibly simple and has a fantastic graph showing all logged work for the day. This lets me easily see: - How much I've been working on a task during the day - How much time I've logged for the day - By hovering, I can see how long each break I took was. I've used several other time...

Pros

The thing I like most about TMetric is the "Today" page. It provides great information and makes time tracking quite simple.

Cons

The reports are fairly barebones... just the data. Wish the time tracking data was used to create graphics of how much work was done on each day/week/month for different projects.

Helped me to spend less time on accounting

I have to account for my time amongst some projects and report back times spent. TMetric's browser plugin makes this accounting a very easy and time-saving effort.

Pros

The best part is multi-device integrations, you can use your phone and browser plugin and they are all in sync. I also like that the browser plugin can fetch data from the current context (like adding a button to a Jira ticket and filling up everything when you click on that). Hm, no, the best part is for basic accounting the free version is enough. And if you need more features, you can always opt-in to the paid plans. But frankly, the existence of the free option made me to start using it.

Cons

It would be nice if the browser plugin (firefox) could do search as you type (for searching past tasks).

Attila, thanks for your honest feedback. This feature is already available in TMetric.

A perfect tool for track my daily task

I had used tools like this in my desktop enviroment for years but I lost time every day writing the name of the task, project etc.. Since I use tmetric I can focus in my work without afraid of lossing my time because i didnt write.

Pros

The most important thing for me is that you have not to write anything. There is a perfect integration between tools like redmine, github, google anf tmetric. So you don't need to do anything, just click on "start time" and the program do everithing.

Cons

Nothing. I think this is a perfect tool for mine.

Thanks a lot for the review, Pablo. Your opinion is important for our team.

Keeping Time

I have had a super positive experience after deciding to actually use the product ALL THE TIME!

Pros

The history shows the applications I was using. This helps keep me working and helps me understand how I spend the day.

Cons

The desktop app is not as polished as some other macOS apps

Thanks a lot for your time and review.

Makes life easy

The integration with Asana is much smoother and hassle-free than most of the other options out there.

Pros

- The integration with Asana makes it a pleasure to use on a daily basis - It's very simple to make adjustments to time entries - Reports have a clean design and flexible enough to see how you spend your time

Cons

- It doesn't seem to support multiple workspaces from Asana

Thanks for review. Here you can find more info about integration with Asana https://tmetric.com/integrations/asana-time-tracking

I always choose TMetric for any new team or project setup for years

We are tracking time of developers and reviewing their work according to TMetric data and it really helps us to manage our team and product development. Also TMetric is part of our KPI calculation.

Pros

It' easy to use - the UI/UX is so intuitive. Last months it even became more available thanks to multi account support.

Cons

Sometimes it has shutdowns. Sometimes it happened during really important period of time, where I needed it the most.

Thanks for your trust, Ali. We will take it into account.

Perfect tracking solution

I had a couple of very small problems with it within my years of using the app. Everytime I submitted and tried to contact the support they were friendly and patched things up real quick- Even though I was a free user. I wouldn't trade this app for the world!

Pros

There is a lot that TMetric has to offer but for me two things stand out: 1. The ability to track time: you have various plugins (desktop,in browser) or you can just go to your in app and track tiime. Also it even easier to track time with various tools: asana, jira,trello etc. It adds a task name also so you don't have to bother with that 2. Reporting: The reports are great. When I send my clients the reports on the end of the month they are very pleased. also it is great overview to monitor your self progress.

Cons

The when having subtasks on Trello it would be usefull to get the names of the parent task as well as the subtask

We appreciate your point of view. Thanks for the feedback. We'll take it into account.

A good option to consider

I've been using this tool since I join my company to log what I do and where I spend my time. It's very easy to use, and the reports are very useful. The only problems I've had are described in the Cons section, so a good app in general.

Pros

* Easy to use * Excellent free tier. * Can filter tasks by project, client, dates, tags, ...

Cons

* Sometimes it loses connection to the server and you're unable to start/stop tasks. * Hard (impossible?) to fix recurrent tasks: if you reuse a task but you didn't apply correct project/tags the first time, you'll need to set it every time you select it again

Thanks. We appreciate your point of view. After numerous updates, we optimized the connection channel and the service is no longer falling.

Indispensable Tool for Intuitive Time Tracking

Pros

It’s extremely easy to use. It also behaves in intuitive ways, like adding breaks which, by default, automatically end at the time you press the button.

Cons

I don’t use all the bells and whistles, and the pro version may be leas affordable for teams which are small and still trying to get funding, but it’s nonetheless a great product. The staff also works with you to extend trials in extenuating circumstances. They’re great people.

Thank you for the review, Daniel. Your opinion is important for us.

One of the best time trackers available

Time tracking is hard, I've used 2-3 other time tracking apps on a daily basis for a couple of months and the only piece of software that really nailed the core functionality for me was TMetric. The interface is put simply, a pleasure to work with. On top of that, I don't even use the main interface that much, because the Chrome Extension integrates neatly with almost every (webdev) project management...

Pros

- Lightweight interface - Simplicity

Cons

- No per task type / category / tag billing rates

Awesome Timesheet!

Overall I like TMetric and would recommend to anyone. It’s a great time tracking app!

Pros

I really liked how I can run reports VERY easily! I can see my reports in a lie chart with a project % breakdown or a very detailed daily report.

Cons

I wish the app worked better with Google Calendar.

Thanks for your point of view, Franco.

Absolutely a time saver

It’s fairly easy to use, not a whole lot of thinking involved. I absolutely love it.

Pros

It tracks my activity and I’m able to add breaks where I see fit to ensure I’m charging the client for work conducted.

Cons

I would love the ability to send the client my activity log and show them where I inserted breaks an such.

Thank you for the review! Here you can find information about how to invite a client representative https://tmetric.com/help/workspace-management/collaborating-with-your-clients

Best tracking software ever!

Pros

I can track all my activity directly from the other software that I am using for project management and time management. I can see the report for single task, project, client and calculating the team budget base on revenue.

Cons

The email alert of budget isn't clear. I have to open the report on website to understand which project is overbudget.

Thank you for the review Damiano! We took your remarks into consideration and will improve our system.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.