All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

TMetric

Reliable time tracker for teams of any size.

TMetric Reviews

I really like it

It give me an incredible hours reports for my team weekly meetings.

Pros

I can sincronize it with Asana, its perfect!

Cons

I need time to select what I am doing. I think many task could automatize in some way.

Thank you so much for your review, Lucas.

My essential tool for time management.

Pros

As a photographer time management is very important in my profession. Tmetric helps me to manage all my project and deliver them timely. Most of my projects are based on fixed fees, and there is a new option to charge if set fee par project. It solves a problem with non-billable projects and helps me to keep an eye on my earning. I must appreciate the reporting because it helps me to get an estimated time for my task. An Android application helps me to keep an eye on my ongoing project without any PC. Cross-platform capabilities help me to work efficiently. Now I am more organised than ever.

Cons

I didn't understand how the tags work. Searching with tags but it didn't work for me. A more in-depth search would be a better implication.

Thanks for the review. We've made tags section in the "Help", take a look: https://tmetric.com/help/workspace-management/managing-tags-and-work-types/

TMetric as Asana add-on

I use TMetric as a timekeeping method in Asana. I do this by using chrome with tmetric's extention, when I start chrome up it opens Asana, Tmetric and my cloud drive. It is the first time timekeeping software actually seems to work for me. It's simple and effective. The relative low amount of features (that I use and actually see) is a plus for me. The goal is to keep time on my projects and tasks. Editing is also pretty easy. Adding new tasks that I have done in the past is easy on the same day, but a few more steps on different day. That could use some improvement.

Pros

Simplicity

Cons

Adding things I've done a day earlier.

Excited about TMetric!

TMetric is FANTASTIC! This software has solved a lot of problems for our company. Our Virtual Assistant team uses this product to keep track of every task we take on. While we no longer bill our clients hourly, we still feel it's important to know what's going on internally. Thanks to TMetric, we can do just that!

Pros

Browser extension that works seamlessly with Asana workflow manager. You just can't get any better than that!

Cons

Would love to be able to select a day for adding time manually all in one place. Perhaps you could add a dropdown calendar from the "add time manually" button?

Helpful tool for a small business owner

Pros

It helps me keep track of how much time I'm allocating to each client. It helps maintain strong time management skills across multiple projects and makes billing easier.

Cons

I wish it was easier to update the tasks (prompted every 30 minutes) without having to stop tracking and then starting tracking again. It should be easier to just edit the task/project per client/project.

TMetric Solved my Timekeeping Problem!

I use the downloaded tool, day to day. At the end of the month, I go to the online version and I find all my projects and tasks laid out, in summary or detail form. I create my customer bills from this data.

Pros

T-Metric gives me a tool I can download to my laptop, plenty of choices for labeling projects and tasks, and a timekeeper that remembers what I am doing better than I do! When I forget there is a task running and there is a gap in activity, T-Metric asks what to do with the idle time- whether to include it in the task running or create a break. Another thing is the customer service - friendly and prompt.

Cons

I have not been able to think of any cons.

Thank you, Robin, for your feedback. We appreciate your point of view a lot.

Great simple time keeper

Pros

Very simple software, I like that a lot .

Cons

Extracting the right data in the right way can be a bit of a hassle.

Thanks for the feedback, Alexander. We'll take your point of view into account.

Review of TMetric

My boss can easily track how many hours I spend working. It is fast and reliable.

Pros

Ease of use and application is very fast.

Cons

Maybe it would be good flow to enter time without descriptions, so I can enter only hours. But I realize that a lot of other functionalities depends on those entries (reports, etc..)

Thanks for your reply. We appreciate your point of view.

Another simple time and project management application.

The standalone TMetric is a great time tracking for projects. But with trello, it is really good.

Pros

I was surprised by how simple it integrates with trello. Just install the Chrome browser extension and it starts working with trello. The time is also minimalistic and the app doesn't need to be always online which is less diversion. It does the job tracking the time and showing the report of how my time was spent on trello. I didn't show any abnormality when I was testing this app. As always I was in a hurry and forgot to stop the timer and it logs over 24 hours of continuous working. At least I can change the start and the end time from the "time" tabs.

Cons

I can't import the trello project. I have to do it manually. As trello has API why not use it?

Thanks a lot for your honest feedback. Deep Integration with Trello is in our roadmap.

Best value for money.

As an outsourcing company with a growing team at Intellabridge.com we needed flexibility and low cost with integration into Jira and Trello. Tmetric was the obvious solution. Because of the ease of use and ability to add browser extensions for Jira and Trello it makes it much easier to track time and invoice clients. I would highly recommend this product!

Pros

Integration with Jira and Trello. Easy to use, set up teams in minutes. Time tracking made very easy!

Cons

I couldn't find an app for iPhone.

Decent functionality

Easy to track time and record it under various projects

Pros

I love the integrations that allow you to track time eg as you read and respond to an email, or even offline. It did get a little confusing occasionally though.

Cons

It works best if you are working straight for a long period of time. Every time you pause the timer - even for just a minute - it creates a new time entry when you re-start it. I would often have a long list of time entries which just looks confusing.

Part of my every day routine

I looked at many online and app based mobile platforms. TMetric won hands down over all others.

Pros

Ease of mobile app use and easy and useful report generation. Able to tag and categorize my work and describe my work with detail.

Cons

I am pleased with all features and value of product.

Thanks Chad for your feedback! We appreciate it.

Solid Service

We have been using TMetrics now for almost half a year and its been a solid service to use in our business. We area able to help track team members hours and see how they are progressing. Some areas of improvement would be having Admins the same ability to start and stop times in a team. Not very mobile friendly mainly for desktop use or iPad. If your a start up or starting out then a great service to kick off with

Pros

Like the 8 hour green red function on the summary reports

Cons

not mobile friendly making it hard to use on the job

My experience has been very satisfactory with its reports and control of time spended in my projects

Pros

I like and enjoy the reports because are very detailed, for example I can see the statistics of my partners when we worked in many subtask of a big activity and I can know when we spend longer than estimated.

Cons

Well I think that isn't easy the installation, it can be more simply, for now it's the only thing that i see with this software.

A good Time tracking tool

Tool is great for small IT business to track employee working hours in actuals. Our clients have been using this tools for last 2 years

Pros

Cons

Only max 11 hrs working time can be recored, we are having OT's

Best time locking tool i could find

Perfect integration with Jira. Easy to use. simple. I am really happy that i found this piece of software. There are a few improvements that i could imagine, like create/mark multiple timeslots on one day with shift and update all Descriptions, but other than that i am really happy. Especially because you don't need to add a jira plugin I use it locally to track my own time to update the issues. I would suggest it to anyone.

Pros

Easy usage no Jira plugin needed free for small teams Good layout

Cons

sometimes the desktop app does not suggest all answers (it leaves out create separate task)

Ease of use tool

I am freelancer and I used TMetric to control billing time on several concurrent projects I was working for. I found it more convenient to track all task in one ease of use system than do it in different environments of my customers. Especially when every customer has it own rates for bugs, incoming features and planned user stories. It was very helpful that weeks when I was committing in two software releases of two different teams at once. Thanks god I did not work so hard any more. I use only free version so have nothing to say about "Value for money". It saved a lot of my time when I could generate reports to bill my customers in a few seconds.

Pros

The way it track the working time

Cons

It has no android app It has single hour rate for one project. I need more specific rates, for example based on labes.

Easy and user-friendly

I used TMetric with my remote team and it did a great job of time tracking. We spent less time of time tracking and more time with programming. I recommend TMetric for everyone who wanted a simple and feature-rich time tracker without a need to buy it and read many tutorials of how to use it.

Pros

Free, easy, budgeting and ability to add rates to any person in a team. Great integration with JIRA.

Cons

No mobile version

a simple thus great app for time tracking

Pros

We have integrated it with trello and it works like a charm.

Cons

No cons so far. I would be great to have an apple watch app.

TMetric makes time-clocking amazingly easy

I've been using TMetric for over four months and I cannot imagine life without it. Editing your time is effortless. The Projects field allows you to pull reports for time clocked on individual projects, which is super useful. Team Summary reports are also something I use consistently. Best of all, TMetric is smart by recognizing when you've left the timer running, and by being able to easily jive with other apps. As an Asana user, it is way too simple to have the TMetric "Start Timer" with each individual task, and TMetric automatically grabbing the Asana Project and correlating it with the TMetric project. Saves me so much time and hassle! I couldn't recommend TMetric enough.

Pros

Ease of use, many kinds of reports, Project capability, easy time editing. good-looking aesthetically, integrations with Asana and other softwares .. for a start.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software.

Great service.

As an independant contractor, I've used time tracking tools over many years. TMetric is my latest of at least 6 months now. TMetric definitely is not the most feature rich, but it feels like they did it without compromising core needs, similar to how Apple simplified smartphones. I recommend it. They are also responsive to feature enhancements as well.

Pros

Simple and reporting is easy to use for billing purposes.

Cons

Manual time entry not as easy as using the timer. It adjusts entries unwittingly if you make mistakes.

The time tracking tool to have

Pros

Nice integration with the tools we need for development (Gitlab, click-up, outlook, ...)

Cons

On IOS, the software is just not usable because it's demand to much of the CPU

Raphael, thanks for your feedback. We will take it into account.

Best in class

Pros

I like this tool very much. We use this in our organisation for project management and evaluate the time we spend on all the activities of our projects.The interface is very simple not so fancy looking but for this price its a great software.

Cons

I don't think i have anything negative to say about this product. One of the best project management tool for this price.

Thanks for your review, Saloni.

Nice tool for tracking time

I am working in Development company and we are using this tool as work tracking tool. So far, it is nice for using, but our company is growing, so it begins to be a little mess.

Pros

Filtering of the stuff.

Cons

The filtering design. It can be more user friendly.

A great tool for getting project metrics!

Pros

I am using the free version from a few months now and I am impressed with the quality of this tool. I work for myself, and TMetric is a great application to figure out how to bill my different customers.

Cons

I don't see any cons. I am using the free version, and even this version is a very good tool for my purpose.

Thank you for the feedback, Paolo. Your opinion is important for us.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.