Toodledo Reviews

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

bitrix24
monday-com

I love waking up every morning and not having to quickly think of everything I should be doing. Tasks are now easier and more fun to accomplish, so I can say that Toodledo has made my life better.
Easy to use and great value. I love the way I can can prioritize each task.
Also, their servers are useless: very often I check something as being done in the morning and I still get an alarm 6-8 hours later.
The third-party integrations can be difficult to vet or use.

Mark N.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Power User - 10+ Years

Having used the product long-term I fully intend to stay with it. We periodically look at alternatives and always reach the same conclusion - Toodledo is the best.

Pros

I've used Toodledo for over a decade and am well pleased with it. It is used every day.

Cons

There is room for improvement in the Goals area. This has been documented and submitted. In my experience, the [sensitive content hidden] do an excellent job of listening, prioritizing, and acting.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Very adaptable to your way of getting stuff done, outdated UIs

Pros

I have been trying out various softwares for task management (I think between 5 and 10) and have been using Toodledo for the longest overall time. One killer criterion for me was the ability to import/export my data - and that is unrivalled amongst all competitor products I have used so far. Using the feature "Saved Searches" I have been able to "mold" Toodledo into my custom workflow - and essentially that is the thing most of us will likely end up having to do with a task management software: Experiment, find your own way of getting things done, then adapt existing software to implement your way. I cannot think of any other task management tool that is as deeply configurable and adaptable to any workflow as Toodledo. In that sense it is like Atlassian Jira (with all the pros and cons).

Cons

Being able to configure everything of course makes it difficult for new users: There is no really "recommended" opinionated setup for beginners. That mostly falls in line with the pretty much outdated UI on the Web app and the mobile apps. But given the new ownership of the company/product, I am confident that a revamp to both the mobile and the webapp UIs are just around the corner.

JG

Johanne G.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used to be great but is going downhill!

Not forgetting about tasks, having them repeat once I've done it and most important, being able to plan my day based on the duration assigned to each task. Lately, using it has become frustrating: iPad version hasn't been updated in years and it is very sluggish, having to wait 5-10 seconds between each change to one task. Also, their servers are useless: very often I check something as being done in the morning and I still get an alarm 6-8 hours later! Or, I add a new task with an alarm and, unless I'm on my desktop, the alarm doesn't happen.

Pros

I like all the options for tasks, repeating tasks, due date and time and the fact that I can see how my day is planned on iCal. I also like to have alarms so I don't forget to do something if I'm busy with something else. I also like folders and tags and I use those a lot.

Cons

The one feature I asked a long time ago was the ability for the repeat function to repeat on a certain date, such as 1st of the month or last day. I was told it would be looked at, but it's been over 3 years and nothing has changed.

Johanne, Thanks a lot for your review. Toodledo has new ownership since July 2021 and since then a lot has changed. Give us another try and make sure to signup for our newsletter (bottom of the page) www.toodledo.com to receive the latest updates!

BG

Brigitte G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great task management app to implement GTD

I have been a Toodledo user since 2009, starting when I was managing my PhD dissertation research along with so many other aspects of my life and work. Almost 15 years later it continues to serve me well as a self-employed content creator, parent, household manager, volunteer, and more.

Pros

It has all the fields needed for my task management purposes, so I can customize it for my needs, and also offers the option of removing fields I don't need to prevent the system from getting clunky. Integrates very well with [sensitive content hidden] Getting Things Done system (though I don't follow it integrally), and also allows for time tracking for those who need that feature. I tried a few other systems and Toodledo manages emails with content and attachments best (forwarding emails I get from others, not just emailing myself tasks) which helps with keeping my inbox down to zero.

Cons

Under previous ownership, I became concerned about whether the app would continue to be maintained. New team has taken over and is very responsive, I trust that they will keep my "second brain" running for a long time.

AC

Andres C.

Management Consulting, self-employed

On of the best todo list I ever known

I used it every day for more than 10 years now, and when I look for an alternative i don't find anything as good as ths one

Pros

It is very easy to use, good reminders, good way to order tasks according to what you need, long notes can be written for each task, integration with notepad. Availability of outlines, lists and habits which I have never used...

Cons

Web access a bit slow, it used to have a good mac app that is no longer available and I would like it to have it. Lists is not practical for example for a supermarket shopping list, doesn´t let you to check for a product you already bought, but you want to keep to add it if you need it again.

DM

Devlyn M.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

A solid app for task management and organizing info

My most common use was to track orders through production and Toodledo does it well, but it is ultimately just a list and I wanted to be able to print tags from the information and that is just not what Toodledo does. Having to use two different programs created a redundancy, unfortunately, but I still use Toodledo occasionally for some information storage. I recommend it highly if you don't want a bunch of bells and whistles but just a really solid app that is well designed.

Pros

This is a robust app that can organize information in a variety of ways. Lists of tasks, lists of items, note taking, habit tracking, outlines can all be stored and accessed easily. It's a great catch-all for all of these things. The android app is also easily used. I liked it so much, I paid for it for a few years!

Cons

Productivity apps only work if you use them and I just got bored I think. ADD brain means that I get easily distracted and, unless engaged, things start getting more cumbersome with familiarity and as I discover limitations. Toodledo worked great for me until I wanted to use my information in ways that it wasn't suited for, so I drifted away from it.

Suzillah A.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 5,001-10,000 employees

Toodledo keep me productive

Pros

Things that i really like with software is, the system is very simple to follows and i can manage it very easily without any problem within. I use the recurring task automation often as i have a repetitive task daily, and making sure i don't miss anything with the help of this software.

Cons

I like least with the mobile application of this software. It is slow and keep crashing on my smartphone and not very reliable. I had to access the software from the web browser on my smartphone, but still not very effective as they will not refresh on real-time and i had to refresh it manually.

Thanks a lot Suzillah for your honest review. We are currently working on developing completely new mobile apps for the iOS and Android platforms and hope to have these released by Q1 2022. Also, please feel free to send us a support request with anything we can help you sort out: support@toodledo.com Thanks again!

NL

Nicole L.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Absolute best task management app

Pros

100% multiplatform. It sync's beautifully across multiple devices. 99.99% reliable. I have never had it go dark on me. It is extremely flexible, way more flexible than I need and has the best (largest) notes field of any task app I have ever evaluated. It has kept its simplicity and does not overcomplicate things so it is fast and reliable and easy to add new tasks to the list. Toodledo offers a robust free version that really takes care of everything I actually need in a task list, but I pay for the silver subscription because I value their product and want to help keep it around.

PP

Paul P.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Go to tool for organization

Extremely positive. It is the best unknown task tool available. I lead a large CS (Customer Success) Team. I manage my asks and daily items in Toodledo. It is key to my role and I highly relate it to my ability to get tasks completed.

Pros

I love the subtask, and the ability to slice and dice my organizational lists. Toodledo is my go-to tool for organization. I have been a user since 2013. I have researched other methodologies and tools I have not found a better tool.

Cons

Releases have been slow until recently. The company is under new leadership and the frequency and quality of releases have increased.

Remo B.

Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees

Excellent productivity aid

It is my personal productivity tool, I'd be lost without it. I use it for both home and work.

Pros

This is the best implementation of Getting Things Done that I've come across. It has all the features you need and just works.

Cons

It can't magically take hand written notes on scraps of paper and add them to my to do list.

MB

Marc B.

Medical Practice, 10,001+ employees

Beware. Largely abandoned by ownership.

The underlying tool is great but now neglected. I frankly view it as a hazard. Again read the forum right on the Toodledo website and the scope of the problem will be crystal clear.

Pros

It was great. Could store tons of info and arrange tasks easily.

Cons

Several years ago Toodledp was sold to a company called Pink Java. Since then there have been promises made and none kept. I left my account and requested delete with nearly a year subscription. There have been glitches. Possible intrusions. And management has vanished. As best I can tell tickets are ignored. If you do not believe me read the forums on the Toodledo website. Read admins [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] posts—[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] left without a peep. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] told me that they intend only [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to run the site, but he has gone dark and so far seems to have made good on any of his promises. Whether it is good or not, one simply should not rely on such sloppy management.

Marc, I hope you have seen the latest news, Toodledo has new owners since July 2021: https://blog.toodledo.com/hello-from-the-new-toodledo-team/ Since then, customer service has gone form 0 to 100. We answer any incident within 24h. Feel free to signup for our newsletter as we will be sending the latest one out at the end of this week: https://www.toodledo.com/ (Signup at the bottom of the page)

Adra Safiya K.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Plan my day activities with Toodledo

Using this software to manage and organized all my daily task has proven to increase my productivity and keep me on time track.

Pros

Toodledo is very easy to be used for me to plan and schedule my daily task and activity. I can add the main task, then adding sub-task and to-do list with it and it all work really smooth. Toodledo data is stored on the cloud service, and not on the stand alone device, which is very helpful as i can access to the software from any device.

Cons

Sadly, there are no new feature or tools that are updated on this software. It feels like the developer has abandon this software and has no future planning for it anymore. It used to be one of the best to-do application on the market, but now some of the feature has been outdated and obsolete.

JJ

Jay J.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Toodledo really helps me keep my life and business in order

Toodledo really works. The design of the web app really helps you accomplish your daily goals, and you actually feel fulfilled as you are completing each task and checking it off the list.

Pros

I was absolutely overwhelmed with tasks, scheduled phone calls, and meetings. One day when I was feeling particularly overwhelmed, I decided to call my most organized friend. She told me about Toodledo. Toodledo is a task based and calendar based system to keep your life in check. With Toodledo, I have been able to complete 35% to 50% more tasks daily because I am not constantly having to remember...

Cons

Unfortunately, customer service has not been as good as I would like. I have asked the same question a few times. No one has ever got back to me. I do hate to criticize Toodledo in any way because I love the app. But I have to tell my own personal experience.

Falisha Z.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Plan and schedule task easily

Pros

Toodledo is the best application that has help me managing and scheduling my task. It help me to be more organized with my daily task and keep track on the task that still on pending and needed to be finish on the dateline. There are mobile application provided to easily access it from my mobile phone.

Cons

There are some hiccup with the sync between the mobile phone version and the web browser version. Some of the entries that i made on the web browser version is not appeared or or visible on the mobile application version. I need to relaunching the application for it to grab the latest data of my account.

DG

Darryl G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

I've been using Toodledo for over 10 years and have no plans to stop using it

I went through the to-dos apps over ten years ago when smart phones first came out, as I was a traveling consultant. I tried several and landed on Toodledo. Since then I have routinely (i.e. once or twice a year) looked around at other apps and found my needs we met by Toodledo. I used Toodledo for the rest of my professional career. I retired from the healthcare industry 1 year ago and I still use the app daily. It is a mainstay tool in my arsenal and I could not live without it. I've never had a problem with it and it has a wide variety of plugins and integration features that I have used. rarely have I seen an app that has remained consistently useful and stable in teh smartphone segment, this is one that is reliable and is above average in the to-do app scene.

Pros

Synchronicity, ability to use plug and play various fields. Flexible sorting (hotlist). I also use the microphone task creater every day.

Cons

Sub tasks capability is only available at a higher cost. I feel this should be a base level offering.

DI

Douglas I.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Flexible & Comprehensive

I use it daily for general organization and calendar

Pros

I can list my todo list and attach files. Significantly, a note can be attached to an item that allows nearly 30K letters. This is enormously useful. And, of course, the dates automatically update. I like the separate notes section--which is different from the notes that can accompany the tasks

Cons

The Iphone task list is synchronized with the computer, but it is less intuitive. Also, the "Notes" section -- which in previous versions were present on the Iphone platform -- is no longer present. Unfortunate.

Douglas, Thanks a lot for the kind review. We just wanted to make sure that you are on our next-generation mobile app as the notes section is available on these. Please email support@toodledo.com and we will be happy to guide you to our new mobile app. The Apple App Store currently features still our legacy app which will be replaced shortly!

JR

James R.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

My personal task manager

Pros

I don't use it for business. I've been using it for personal use since around 2004 or 2005. When they presented it for mobile as well, I used it even more. What I like most about Toodledo is the presentation of tasks for yesterday, today and tomorrow, next 7 days, next 30 days, etc.. I also keep a lot of history. For example; When did we have the kitchen countertops installed? By whom? How much did it cost at that time? In addition, I admire the very fast synchronization between my mobile to their server(s) then to my desktop.

Cons

I find nothing difficult about using Toodledo, all aspects of it. The learning curve was small, short. I am still using it of course.

BM

Ben M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

I'd be lost without Toodledo, its perfect!

I've never had any issues. It's been great! Who ever created this is a legend! Thank you!

Pros

I have all my tasks, thoughts and ideas in one place that I can prioritize and keep track of. This is literally a necessity for me and I love it. It helps me stay very organized.

Cons

It stopped working on my old iPad which was a shame. I guess the latest version may have been no longer compatible with the older iPads. It's a big shame as my iPad still works perfectly, but it no longer works with Toodledo. I used to LOVE using my iPad with Toodledo and I miss that very much. I want a new iPad just to be able to use Toodledo on it, but I can't afford a new iPad at the moment.

DL

Dennis L.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Hands Down the Best Time Management App Available

Overall - fantastic experience...with the exception of support.

Pros

The reason I keep using Toodledo after all these years - there isn't another solution out there that has the features Toodledo has. I've used them all. Every. Single. One. Everything from ToDoist, Trello, to Asana to Clickup to Norton to Evernote - you name it - I've not only used it - but consider myself somewhat of an expert on these types of apps. Nothing even comes close.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Toodledo is the mobile app and the fact that there has been zero support in years.

JZ

Jaime Z.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

abandonware

I'm lookig forward to my subscription ends to jump ship.

Pros

Back 6 years ago it was a top notch software, now development it has stalled.

Cons

Old interface, almost non existant support and useless iOS app.

Jaime, As you may have heard, Toodledo has new owners! Check out the news here: https://blog.toodledo.com/hello-from-the-new-toodledo-team/ We certainly hope you will give us another try as the customer service has turned from non-existent to top notch ;-)

KB

Kenneth B.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

I use Toodledoo for everything - work & personal

I've been using Toodledo for years. The software and app helps keep me organized and on task. I use it for work projects, grocery shopping, trip planning, event planning, reading lists, garden notes, etc. - i literally use if for everything.

Pros

I love that I can access via the app and via a browser. During my workday I first open my e-mail and then Toodledo - It's open all day as I work. Then when i'm in the field or commuting and think of an idea or something I need to do I can add it via the app.

Cons

I wish I could copy / duplicate checklists. For example I have a standard trip packing list that I wish I could use as a template for every time I have to pack.

HY

Harrison Y.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Best Reminder System Out There

Excellent over the years

Pros

Collaboration among users on multiple offices

Cons

Needs to self refresh so it is always up to date

MD

Michael D.

Internet, 1-10 employees

The best task management tool for power users!

My favorite productivity tool by far. It's ingrained deeply into my work and personal life to help me achieve goals and maintain my daily tasks and projects.

Pros

Alignment to GTD methodology and its mobility across all my devices. Because of the different taxonomies available, it doesn't become a cluttered mess like the competitor products allowing you to compartmentalize job functions, personal vs. work life, etc., in one system.

Cons

Bulk changes to a group of tasks are possible but a little clunky.

MP

Michael P.

Packaging and Containers, 11-50 employees

BEST PLANNER since 2011

We have few departements that's communicated for jobs in process. It's been more then 10 years that we are using it and all our production is keeping updated by TOODLEDO. It's a fantastic and simple way to communicate our needs .

Pros

The versatility to personalize it with our needs - NO1 on the market... for sure

Cons

Doesn't have possibility to insert picture in the text area. With that option added, it will be the last & perfect thing for us!!!

BH

Ben H.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

My go to to do list for 11+ years

I moved from Outlook tasks to Toodeldo over 10 years ago and would go back. This is the perfect to do list app for me

Pros

It is a simple yet powerful cross platfrom tool that helps me manage all my life, and work tasks in one place. I use a simplfied GTD method and have been able to set up Toodledo to work perfectly with it

Cons

It is prodably not as cobarative as some other platforms now out ther like Trello or Monday.