Tracked Reviews

4.32/5 (184 reviews)
Pros
  • It made Basecamp actually useable and productive.
  • Kanban boards easily organize to-do tasks, notifications are easy to manage.
  • 1. I can handle task by project wise. 2. I can manage project and resources easily
  • It is an efficient way to manage flow and resources, keeping you updated regularly via email.
Cons
  • No issues have been found, we love the ease of use!
  • 1. Can not track total time of task that over resource worked.
  • No issues with Tracked so far, have been using it for almost a year now.
  • Need a way to create To Do list templates (that don't go on the KanBan board).
recommended this to a friend or a colleague

Basecamp 3

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Pros
This software is easy to use, customize, and communicate in. I love that our clients can be involved, too.

Cons
The software is a little weird to use when it comes to clicking in and out of projects. Side bar would be helpful, but also, it just takes getting used to.

Chase Hubner

Streamlined design & effortless operation are key to your organization's needs.

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Because of this product, I don't just complete my tasks - I crush them with ease. I do every job better with it, and my time is saved while doing it.

Pros
The navigation between different interfaces is easy and organized. Everything I need to move my tasks from "to-do" to "done" is at my fingertips. I can communicate easily with everyone on my team and let them know all statuses and updates and move between all the different tasks without hassle. Its impeccable design optimizes my workflow and productivity across the board.

Cons
I would like to see an increased design personalization feature. Something to make the website feel a bit more like home (color choice or areas for updating an inspirational quote on the home page would be awesome). Overall, amazing, but it could be a bit more personalized.

Rita Raad

Good app for kanban view

Reviewed 2019-06-03

great basecamp add-on to have the kanban view, since basecamp does not provide this important visualization

Pros
What I like about tracked is that it allows the visualization in kanban of the cards created in the basecamp. In addition the customization of the board in columns is simple and very customizable

Cons
The cons is that the installation of tracked is a bit complicated and I experienced difficulties in the first use

Jackson Below

Basecamp Tracked Review

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros

Cons
If a lot of work is accomplished in the span of a day, the emails about finished tasks can become slightly cumbersome. Only slightly, though.

Nathan John Gatchalian

Used in advertising

Reviewed 2018-04-18

In other parts of the advertising world, companies are still using paper to deliver their job requests; and I think having it on digital is extremely efficient.

Pros
Its seamless and allows me to quickly deliver feedback to my team, and in turn they manage to also quickly get back to me.

Cons
Its a minor issue when I type, sometimes indenting isn't recognized when I hit tab on my keyboard--sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Eliana Lowry

Tracked for Basecamp Works Great!

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Pros
I originally was used to using Trello before transitioning to Basecamp and the concept of a kanban board/cards where I can assign where each task is progress wise. I also like being able to see every task assigned to me in one place instead of having to click through each of my projects.

Cons
Sometimes, I get kicked out of Tracked and have to re-log-in which can get annoying.

Brandon Stewart

A Great BC3 Add-On For Those Who Like Board-Style Views

Reviewed 2019-01-29

I've been using this app for about two months now and I can see using it perpetually. It has also helped with team collaboration to provide a visual tool for organizing and prioritizing.

Pros
The setup is about as straightforward as it gets. I like how both projects themselves and the tasks within projects can treated as boards-- that is really helpful for macro-level monitoring and prioritization for management across a project portfolio, as well as simple project visibility into the status of a group of tasks.

Cons
The admin view for Tracked needs a little front-end polish so that the table data display is a little more consistent. The button to "sync projects" can take a while and would benefit from some sort of progress bar to show time to completion.

Anonymous

Tracked for Basecamp - Saves my day AND my JOB!

Reviewed 2018-08-28

As a coordinator for a busy training company, I have a million details to keep track of every day. I was very reluctant to use this software but now that I have started I will not go without it. The software is flexible, fairly intuitive and never fails (where my memory often does). I really like being able to move the cards around from column to column, the ability to add documents, links and comments right in the To Do list, the labels so you can view like things together and so much more!

Pros
Ease of use, flexibility (it works for coordinating a training, projects, home, work), ability to comment and have those comments go to the person's email, LOVE being able to move the cards from list to list, labels and the notifications.

Cons
Need a way to create To Do list templates (that don't go on the KanBan board).

Paul Wilburn

Tracked for Basecamp allowed me to make a decison to stay on Basecamp longer vs Asana w/Kanban.

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Gave Basecamp a Kanban solution... something it needs badly.

Pros
It brings a feature to Basecamp that is almost essential for efficiency and productivity. Trello and Asana already allows for Kanban .... This add-on allows Basecamp to finally do the same.

Cons
Not as flexible as other Kanban solutions... probably more on BaseCamp's side... Was not able to have a single Kanban card where you could have to dos as part of the card; limited color coding, limted labeling ... compare it with Trello or Asana's Kanban features and you may agree.

Justin Smith

Helpful addition to Basecamp, allows us to organize and prioritize tasks.

Reviewed 2018-04-20

Kanban board for Basecamp cards, a single place for comments around tasks.

Pros
Ability to link Basecamp cards to priorities. Would be hard to link each card with a separate card in Trello. Discussions are all in one place. Addresses a legit need in Basecamp lots of engineering teams use Kanban boards.

Cons
Its not as easy to use as Trello. It feels a little clunky and hard to use for example, when clicking on a card, it appears in a small-ish modal, which is a chore to navigate. Would rather have it open in a larger modal that looks more like the Basecamp UI. Overall, it might make more sense to just use Trello for engineering related tasks, and only use Basecamp for things that the rest of the company needs to see/comment on.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Nicola Wright

Excellent tool for visualizing workloads

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Tracked has enabled multiple branches of our team to better visualize and keep track of complex projects without having to badger each other for updates. Improves the Basecamp experience massively.

Pros
The ability to add custom columns to the board so that it can be used for a multitude of project types is invaluable.

Cons
No issues with Tracked so far, have been using it for almost a year now.

Increased Productivity

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Pros
Tracked has allowed our development team to easily track which projects are most important and easily see who is working on what! Basecamp had already helped but it left a few gaps, Tracked was able to fill those gaps and make Basecamp the best product for our team!

Cons
No issues have been found, we love the ease of use!

Tim Heraud

Great plugin that opens up Basecamp

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Pros
Our business was already quite invested in Basecamp and Tracked enabled us to integrate Kanban boards without introducing a whole new platform.

Cons
From time to time, content seems to disappear. Not all that often, but annoying when it does. It would be great if you could mirror to-dos/tasks across projects/teams in Basecamp.

Love the Kanban boards

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Do not use Basecamp without it!

Pros
Kanban boards easily organize to-do tasks, notifications are easy to manage.

Cons
Consider differing colors for the Team view, this would help to instantly recognize what you need to act on. Not every team member using Basecamp often, so this would help those that aren't several-times-a-day users.

Riley Hawbaker

Review for Tracked for Basecamp

Reviewed 2019-02-06

If you are being forced to use Basecamp, Tracked for Basecamp is the only way to keep your sanity. It makes Basecamp's horrible UX design less miserable, better organized and will save you hundreds of clicks.

Pros
It made Basecamp actually useable and productive.

Cons
Having to re-authorize it with Basecamp all the time and having to re-enable it for each project.

Shashikant Devani

Basecamp review

Reviewed 2019-05-31

Pros

Cons
1. Can not track total time of task that over resource worked.

Anonymous

Intuitive UI and great overall project view

Reviewed 2018-08-28

We quickly realised after we started using Tracked that within our projects we had a lot of unnecessary tasks in the backlog. It gave us a really quick reality check, and has forced us to look at projects and prioritise better.

Pros
It is great to be able to quickly address and view my teams workload, and in real time, the way the individual Kanban boards interact with overall project boards is great and saves a lot of time giving status updates manually.

Cons
There is not a company wide - all projects - kanban. It would be great to have a view of what everyone is working on across multiple projects. It also doesn't interact with our time - tracking software. Lots of clicks for some of our team.

Francisco Perez

Very positive, everyone learn to use it right away

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Being able to visualy track progress

Pros
Easy to integrate with our favourite project management tool, that meant a huge improvement in our workflow with out any major migration

Cons
Maybe more features, like github/bitbucket integration or an independanta app for mobile tracking so you can always be connected

Bruce Francis

Perfect addition!

Reviewed 2018-04-20

Pros
Everything. Basically, I couldn't do without Tracked! Without it I could hardly use basecamp.

Cons
Nothing really. It's still getting perfected by the dev team. So at this stage I couldn't expect more from it. Probably it will increase in user experience and quality as the continue to fine tune it.

Winston Duong

Basecamp/Tracked combo is the best bang for the buck for project/task management application

Reviewed 2018-05-02

Increased efficiency when using Basecamp. I know exactly where I am at with my project/assignment and what I still have to do. Our team meetings are much shorter with Basecamp/Tracked because our team knows exactly what page everyone is on and/or if anyone is stuck or overloaded with work. Please keep updating/improving on this software.

Pros
The agile/scrum style verticals are a essential for productivity and efficiency. The labels feature transforms Basecamp into an application that provides so much value for what you are getting.

Cons
I would love for Basecamp and Tracked to collaborate on a thick client or mobile app so that users can have the same experience when they are on their phone or while offline.

Will Browning

Must Have Add-on For Basecamp

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Tracked has made keeping track of todos and their status a reality that just isn’t available with vanilla Basecamp. Real world tasks aren’t always as simple as being open or complete and having the ability to define custom statuses in between is a must. Tracked enables this and adds the ability to add custom labels and an advanced filtering system to quickly find todos by more than just the name or description.

Pros
Easy to use kanban boards with advanced filtering all packaged to feel like a first class feature within Basecamp.

Cons
The only downside is that it requires a Chrome browser extension to function but this seems to be a limitation of Basecamp’s add-on integration model and not because of Tracked.

Paco Melo

It adds one of the most needed features to BC

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Increased productivity, also I don't use SmartSheet as often anymore.

Pros
Great product, easy to use and very affordable price. The addition of the 'My Kanban' option was great!

Cons
Not necessarily needs to be through this product but I really wish Basecamp had the ability to create dependencies.

Melissa Kersjes

Great for amplifying Basecamp projects

Reviewed 2018-08-29

Great! Love using it.

Pros
The ability to sort things into Kanban boards. It has helped our team keep track of things, organize well, and status our projects.

Cons
You sometimes have to re-authorize in order to log in or see the correct views, but that may be some user error.

Sophie Kaye

Tracked review

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-01

One time I reached out to support, you were beyond fabulous. Really excited to continue using and exploring.

Pros
I love how we can easily create & use labels. Very helpful and makes basecamp extraordinarily more useful for teams.

Cons
It's not 100% intuitive how to make the most of labels and get cross-functional insight into different teams and projects when there is overlap among them. More user guides and/or videos would be really valuable.

Hernan Arcidiacono

For the complexity of the projects we are handling is good enough

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Implementing a new methodology for product development.

Pros
Simple to use. Easy to Set up. Coupling with Basecampthat was out tool for managing projects in a more standard way.

Cons
Some coupling with basecamp should be improved. I have doubts about using it in more complex projects.