Tracked Reviews

4.32/5 (184 reviews)

Pros
  • The ability to have a Kanban view of the to-do lists in Basecamp
  • I like that I can customize the labels to fit our nomenclature.
  • Tracked for Basecamp adds to-do tags, which are indispensable to our team's workflow.
  • Its easy to setup and easy to use. Has the basic functionalities needed for task management in teams.
Cons
  • There are still some features that I would like to see.
  • I hate when I have to re-link Tracker to my Basecamp after rebooting my computer.
  • It often takes a while to sync all projects (upwards of a few minutes, sometimes)
  • Probably the speed and interface. The scrolling is not the most sophisticated when the task list is long.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Wendy Whiteford

Great Addition to Basecamp!

Reviewed 2019-02-11

The application is a great addition to Basecamp at a reasonable price point. We use it daily and it takes a lot of the confusion out of a basecamp with a lot of to-dos. The only thing that I think might be useful is if the filters on a board were able to 'stick' so that when I went back into a board the filters I had set the last time were still there. Overall, I would highly recommend the Tracked add-in.

Pros
The ability to have a Kanban view of the to-do lists in Basecamp

Cons
There are still some features that I would like to see.

Kelly Ip

Easy to collaborate

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Pros
This tool makes collaborating with multiple teams easy. With file sharing functionality and the ability to include emoji cons makes it fun to use. The notifications and the ability to check off a to do list helps make daily to do easy to remember.

Cons
It was hard to use in the beginning because of the fact that there was so much functionality and not too much of a tutorial when I started using it. Once I got it, it was easy to use.

Paige Besler

My Review

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Traked for Basecamp has been a huge plus for our department. We can see all of the "To-dos" we have and easily see which ones are important and need to be completed right away vs ones that can be done later. It's helped us become more organized.

Pros
I like the layout - being able to see all of our tasks laid out in an easy to read and understand way.

Cons
I don't like that we can't make duplicate projects with all of the "to-dos" in the correct spots. We have to change those manually.

Mathias Everson

Great, easy to use tool, minimal set up, great productivity

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Easier to organise tasks and to dos, based on projects or across all projects. Ability to segment/chunk my work into manageable tasks/sprints.

Pros
Integrates easily into Basecamp 3, simple drag and drop Kanban interface for project to dos. Love that they have added an account wide Kanban board for all to dos.

Cons
There's some times where Tracked hangs a bit when loading up a project for the first time, especially if there's lots of To Do items that it needs to sync.

Anonymous

Trello in Basecamp, oh my!

Reviewed 2018-04-20

Adopting agile methodologies inside of our existing software helped streamline the process of changing our processes, since the software stayed the same.

Pros
Adopting Trello style kanban boards instead of static to-do lists inside Basecamp is excellent, and helps us keep things in one place.

Cons
Because it relies on a browser extension, it can't be used in either the official Desktop or mobile applications, leading to an inconsistent user experience across platforms.

Emily Scholl

Tracked for Basecamp is the best kanban view option!

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Seeing all of my team's projects organized in a kanban view makes our weekly huddle more efficient and also shows where our quarter's efforts are being focused.

Pros
I love that Tracked automatically syncs with the Basecamp view - it is so seamless that I barely remember that it's a separate program. I also love being able to see all of my team's projects in a kanban view!

Terry Huang

Simple and effective

Reviewed 2018-08-30

It has allowed us to start tracking out WIP and make everyone aware of why we are constantly busy but not much is getting done.

Pros
It's easy and intuitive. It's not all singing and dancing like other Kanban tools on the market, but it integrates well with Basecamp and it allows us to start trialing Kanban process with very little friction.

Alex Kerridge

Tracked For Basecamp Review

Reviewed 2018-08-28

So much more easier to know what you have to do and for colleagues to priorities work that needs your input.

Pros
What I like most about Tracked is it's ease of use, so simple it requires no explanation, so dynamic that it makes changing/completing tasks so easy.

Cons
There is not much I don't like about Tracked, although if I had to highlight any it would be the how the "Hay" drop down menu is overlapped by the "Your Kanban Board" tool.

Tracked Basecamp Integration

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-01-29

We have since left tracked because of the issues states above.

Pros
I liked the ability to see all of our to-dos across projects in one board. Our company struggles with the holisitc overview of all projects .

Cons
My main complaint is the difference in views - when you view a project folder's kanban board you see the names of the to-do lists, but when you view all of a person's to-dos or all of the company's to-dos you see each individual to do rather the names of lists. This made the naming difficult because we had to develop a naming system that was specific whether you were viewing the to-do lists or each individual to do. The updating was also weird sometimes. In the "view all of ____'s to dos" it would show to-dos from projects that were archived. But it wouldn't show those on the individual projects board.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Tyler Abbott

Excellent addition to Basecamp

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Tracked for Basecamp fills one of the biggest gaps in Basecamp's core functionality for our team. Having a Kanban approach to our daily tasks gives us a better picture of our projects' progress than we could hope to have otherwise.

Pros

Cons
Tracked for Basecamp is limited by being a browser extension, and therefore, cannot be run as part of the basecamp mobile app or on mobile.

Anonymous

Tracked works quite well for marketing agency

Reviewed 2019-02-03

Good, but not perfect software for task management in Basecamp. Everything has ran smoothly, if it would also contain few extra features would give it 10/10 rating.

Pros

Cons
It is lacking some features related to bringing all your tasks from different boards to one board which would show all your personal tasks, but other than that works well.

Michael Hill

We are still getting started with it. But once we have things set up we believe that this will help

Reviewed 2018-04-20

Streamlining Installation projects.

Pros
We really like how the projects work together and the 3rd party integrations available to us. Access from virtually any device is a huge plus. Support is great and responsive.

Cons
It's not as intuitive as I thought it would be and I didn't find answers to my questions or video how to's with ease. It took some searching and frustration and finally had to get support involved.

Mary Baranova

Nice integration module

Reviewed 2018-05-31

Pros
This is a nice module, which integrates with Basecamp and allows you to turn a pretty basic CRM system into a Kanban board, which is especially convenient for small product at support stage. The design is nice, functionality is basic, but sufficient.

Cons
We wish there were more flexibility in terms of workflow adjustment and search around the tickets, since if you can't rely heavily on this module.

Lindsey Royer

Review of Tracked

Reviewed 2018-08-30

I was looking for a way to track not only tasks in a Basecamp project on a kanban board, but also to track my projects kanban style (I have a project for each customer, so it's helpful to see where in pipe/implementation each customer is).

Pros
I love the labels and useful search bar for the kanban view, making it super easy to quickly see tasks associated with one label

Carter Hannah

Tracked Review

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Allowing team members to know the status of a to do without having to read all the comments in each one.

Pros
I like that I can customize the labels to fit our nomenclature.

Cons
I wish I could globally turn off Kanban and only turn it on for the specific projects rather than have to turn off each one. I also wish I could customize what shows on the to dos. We do not utilize the "estimate" function now, but may in the future.

Jacob Gilliam

Great for grouping your tasks!

Reviewed 2018-08-30

Way easier to plan what I'm doing for the week by grouping them in Kanban boards.

Pros
Kanban boards make it easy to categorize what tasks you have. The tags are helpful to see where projects are at a glance rather than having to click and read them.

Cons
There are a couple small bugs... Projects don't show up if they've been marked completed and then reopened... Some small UI bugs like text overlapping. Nothing major.

Daniel Brown

Helped us collaborate in our remote team!

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Pros
Basecamp has helped us get away from the daily grind of Jiras millions of buttons and use a simple system that everyone WANTs to use. Thereby dramatically increasing the amount of communication and collaboration in our remote team.

Cons
My biggest gripe with Basecamp is the total lack of Tables in the document writing system. This means we have to upload google docs even for basic reports.

Kevin Coyle

Overall, very easy to use!

Reviewed 2017-10-03

The board!

Pros
The best part about this software is, of course, the board. It's easy to use and provides a great, quick visual of ticket progress.

Cons
Some cons: - Syncing tickets puts everything at the bottom. This makes sense, but it's hard to prioritize tickets because a user has to drag them manually. - It'd be great to create permissions that restrict which users can shift tickets to which lanes.

Emily Nyaz

Valuable addition to Basecamp 3 workflow

Reviewed 2017-10-03

Pros
I love that there is finally a kanban board integration with Basecamp 3 that is straight-forward and relatively simple to use within existing Basecamp projects.

Cons
Some of the features and functionality feel a bit clunky in the beginning; however, once a workflow is well established across the team, we've found these issues are not terribly impactful given the value of the integration overall.

Michael Collins

Easy to use and works well for the Kanban board we needed

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Pros
The integration into basecamp was made easier with teams more used to the Kanban model than the to do list model. Once they connected and saw the Kanban model we could transition off the more expensive project management software

Cons
The fact the software is bound to the browser version meaning that on my Mac where I use the application there was no visibility of the boards.

Kevin Franco

Make a garden out of a junkyard

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-06-06

Overall I am extremely happy with the experience.

Pros
It does what it advertises The interface is super clean and simple You can tell a lot of thought has been put into how things are organized

Cons
It wasn't 100% super obvious at first how the software worked - Specifically, I was interested in seeing how much I could tweak and fiddle with and change, what things I could drag and drop. So the software isn't quite ready to withstand the GORILLA test, it's possible - albeit unlikely - to mess up your interface if you are careless with it.

Tu Chu Quang

Kanban with Basecamp - At least you tried

Reviewed 2018-09-04

Pros
- Tracked was fast, you can't recognize that all columns were created by extensions. Performance was also great - Pretty convenient, you could bring TODO items to Tracked's Columns pretty easy and manage thems smoothly

Cons
It's may not Tracked fault, it's Basecamp. BaseCamp is not okay to apply Scrum/Kanban, so it's pretty hard for Tracked to do all the stuff.

We love Tracked!

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Tracked is the only reason my team was willing to switch to basecamp. We use the labels, effort estimates, and KanBan for every task.

Pros
The kanban boards are so useful! Being able to switch between users and projects is crucial to my developers and my daily workflow.

Cons
We used the estimate feature, I wish we could get a sum at the top of the KanBan boards letting us know total effort.

Sven Larson

Excellent addition to basecamp functionality

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
I love how Tracked lets you add some structure to basecamp, including statuses for agile management, as well as tagging and filtering your board by assignee etc. It's an excellent balance between too simple and too complex.

Cons
I don't like how the board isn't a real-time reflection, and requires a manually initiated refresh, which takes some time.

Sam Canpadee

The perfect add-on for managing your basecamp tasks

Reviewed 2018-09-02

Pros
The Kanban feature is great for tracking workflows and helps in prioritising tasks much easily. It has definitely helped increase my productivity while keeping me organized.

Cons
Consolidating different Kanban boards would be useful, and having tasks across different Kanban boards, i.e project specific and a personal one, without the tasks moving around.