Tracked Reviews

4.32/5 (184 reviews)

Pros
  • I like the ability to report on task types
  • The software was fairly easy to install and to use overall.
  • The Mix between Basecamp and Trello is really efficient... nice move :)
  • I love the ability to organize tasks into different columns and phases!
Cons
  • Sometimes i have trouble with sync process
  • It's a little too expensive for small agencies like us
  • Cost per user - would rather one easy pricing structure
  • I was not able to have my own license on my company's Basecamp.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague

Fairly easy

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-01-29

Pros
The software was fairly easy to install and to use overall.

Cons
I sometimes had issues getting it to work but then would refresh my screen and it worked.

Anonymous

The proposal is great but the feature is very slow to sync and don't have a template of boards

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Pros
You don't need to get out of Basecamp to see your boards, same layout and easy do locate and its promisse to solve one of my big issues with Basecamp, that is organize and priorize many todos.

Cons
Very slow, fi you need to use it many times a day you give up and also your team. I think the ideia is great but need something more to keep using. One example is if I organize a KanbanBoard to one designer and if he move the jobs in his board and add the job to another designer, nothing will change in the other designer board and also the board names are always different. Maybe its usefull to a small team or to a freelance.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Anonymous

Useful way of tracking task types in Basecamp

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-01-29

It provides an easy way to analysis tasks in Basecamp

Pros
I like the ability to report on task types

Cons
Cost per user - would rather one easy pricing structure

Great tool!

Reviewed 2019-01-29

We use it in a design environment and it's been a great experience.

Pros
Functionality is great, some minor bugs, but overall it's great. It helps a lot with the workflow of my team and current projects. Better communication and ability to make more sense of projects.

Cons
Maybe the refresh rate isn't so great. Sometimes you have to refresh manually.

Tyler Hendershot

Tyler Hendershot's Review

Reviewed 2018-08-28

It's very good and effective for organization!

Pros
The ease of navigation is really enjoyable. My company used to use Trello, and this system sort of replicates that. I feel like Tracked has helped Basecamp become a more diverse system.

Cons
I wish there was color coordination outside of just the labels. It feels sort of blank without it.

Philip McManis

I Love using Tracked

Reviewed 2019-02-01

I love it, and have multiple people here at the office using it.

Pros
I love kanban board style task management which is what basecamp 3 lacks, but tracked fills that gap, and really well. Feels like its part of BC3, the integration is pretty flawless.

Cons
Sometimes there can be a small delay with new to-dos showing up on the board.

Josh Albers

I like how i can now categorize and label each task in Basecamp

Reviewed 2018-05-03

Pros
Custom Labels. I can label and track any task with more efficiency. Other users can easily identify new to-dos and prioritize what to work on first.

Cons
I don't like that it is only from Chrome as I use the mobile app and the desktop version of BC3 as well. But i understand it is not possible to extend to these applications.

Matt Hutchins

Easy to use after becoming familiar. At times, the extensions (i.e. Kanban) can be buggy

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Better team communication and organization, and ability to track progress of team deliverables.

Pros
Ability to comment on to dos, tagging people and with keywords, and integration with Kanban board to track progress.

Cons
In working with a team, sometimes the software does not seem to update or sync correctly, which can lead to confusion.

Mitchell Garsee

Great product that incorporates kanban and agile into Basecamp

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Exactly what I was looking for in giving me kanban views and allowing me to incorporate agile into my business processes.

Pros
Very easy to use and it is highly customizable. Support has been very responsive and helpful. Inexpensive.

Cons
Sometimes it runs a little slow when there are a lot of todos in a view. It can lag a bit.

Andy Stacy

Best Organizational Tool for Basecamp ever

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Pros
The best thing about this tool is the drag and reorganize features as well as the labeling. With those two things, my workflow has completely changed.

Cons
One of the few things, and this is nitpicking, but there are a few visual glitches. Very minimal though, doesn't effect the experience.

Madi Sacks

Fabulous visualizing tool

Reviewed 2019-06-06

Helpful for cross-functional projects.

Pros
With so many different projects going on in Basecamp, this is game-changing for keeping track of what I have assigned and what the status of it is.

Cons
A bit hard to navigate to and you only see things if you're assigned to them or in the specific project.

Nirav Sheth

Customer support has been amazing. They implemented everything we asked for.

Reviewed 2017-12-19

Pros
The visual view we get has improved our efficiency so well that we didn't have to switch project management systems as we scale.

Cons
I would love to see a cleaner UI for boards. Something even nicer looking, if possible. And it would be amazing to see it work in other browsers outside of Chrome.

Anonymous

A great idea, but a difficult approach.

Reviewed 2018-04-17

It helped us organize a bit better.

Pros
Tracked was the only solution that would allow us to have Kanban boards within the actual Basecamp 3 website itself. That "single source of truth" is important to us -- we've had issues in the past with data getting missed because it's siloed in multiple places. There were other Kanban providers for Basecamp, but none that surfaced the data within the Basecamp interface.

Cons
It's a bit limited because of how it's implemented. Inserting and rearranging page elements on-the-fly to add the Kanban views to the standard Basecamp pages sometimes causes visual glitches or rendering oddities. Page elements wind up out of place sometimes and refreshing the page doesn't always fix the problem.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Anonymous

It does a pretty good job integrating a board inside Basecamp.

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Pros
Ease of use, install it and the board works out of the box. The ability to create and customize columns makes it as powerful as any other board tool available in the market.

Cons
It works only with Chrome. Maybe extensions for other browsers would make this a better tool for our team.

Enrick HERMANT

Tracked review

Reviewed 2019-01-29

The challenge is to drive pore than 200 people in the project managment for our needs. Basecamp is really good for that. and add the KanBan aspect offer a real advange. I really like :) Thanks for that.

Pros
The Mix between Basecamp and Trello is really efficient... nice move :)

Cons
Sometimes i have trouble with sync process

Amit Virmani

Really helps organize our thoughts in a visual manner.

Reviewed 2017-10-03

Pros
The ability to add labels is really awesome and makes it easier to organize things by importance so I know what needs to be done today, tomorrow and next week.

Cons
Adding and changing admins for the main account needs to be a bit easier as people come and go through the organization.

Anonymous

Using Tracked has been an easy, intuitive experience.

Reviewed 2017-12-19

Ability to adequately bill.

Pros
It's ease of use and the fact that it works with Basecamp. It allows us to keep accurate product times.

Cons
It would be nice to track time from Basecamp on each individual task page. It is a bit frustrating to back out to task to-do list to be able to manage time.

Katie Gilbaugh

Helpful, but Needing More

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Pros
I love the ability to organize tasks into different columns and phases!

Cons
I wish it would sync more intuitively with due dates and automatically push certain things to a 'high priority' board. I wish it was easier to go back to the Kanban board after clicking into a task.

Megan Bradley

Can't use Basecamp without it!

Reviewed 2019-01-29

This extension saved my life on a recent project. The client couldn't understand the tickets without it!

Pros
Tracked's kanban boards really make a huge difference in organizing more complex projects.

Cons
Intermittent bugs cause updates to locations in kanban boards to show incorrect statuses.

Mateusz Burczyński

Does exactly what Basecamp misses

Reviewed 2019-02-03

Helicopter view of the projects across the company in the same place where we work on them instead of using external tools.

Pros
We can easily plan out a bigger picture of projects in one global board across the team.

Cons
Sometimes it doesnt update the tiles changes instantly on the kanban board.

If you must use Basecamp, Tracked helps

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-01-29

In our search for project management software, we looked at using Basecamp + Tracked as a solution for our technical teams who needed to track tasks in sprints. Tracked definitely made Basecamp a more attractive options for this, but ultimately, we decided on another tool since this solution felt duct-taped together.

Pros
This is probably the best way to allow Kanban board functionality in Basecamp.

Cons
While this add-on does its job, it's fairly basic in presentation, and is awkward to navigate to/from in the Basecamp workflow.

Cristiam Da Silva

It's a must

Reviewed 2019-01-30

The project management process with just todo lists it's limited. Adding a kanban board leverage it and makes Basecamp more complete

Pros
Tracked takes our Basecamp's project management to another level. It really make it a better tool.

Cons
It's a little too expensive for small agencies like us

Anonymous

Basecamp is already problematic - this is a moderate help

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-01-29

It made Basecamp moderately more helpful. It was problematic because all users needed to add the extension to have the same view/capabilities and that change management was ultimately too difficult/not worth it. Our organization requires administrative permission for Chrome extensions and it would be ideal to apply this to anyone that is a member of our Basecamp account so individuals are not required to take this upon themselves in a large organization.

Pros
Adds a missing functionality from Basecamp - the labeling feature is very helpful and it baffles me why Basecamp doesn't develop their product to include this feature.

Cons
The Kanban boards look nice and are likely helpful for some but this tool lacks the ability to provide high level oversight. Timelines/gannt charts etc.. would be a great addition.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Great Kanban board for Basecamp

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-01-29

It was getting difficult to manage a lot of to dos in Basecamp. I thought the Tracked Kanban board was a great idea for managing the to dos, so I used it on a trial basis. I got some others to use it as well. This made the to dos so much more useful as opposed to the done/not done status provided in Basecamp. You don't need to write anything, just move it to change the status.

Pros
It was easy to learn and easy to use. It was so easy to drag and drop the to dos.

Cons
I was not able to have my own license on my company's Basecamp.

Mary Ellen Slayter

Brings sanity to your Basecamp todo lists

Reviewed 2019-06-06

Pros
I've been shocked at how responsive the customer service has been. We've requested features, and they've turned them on within a business day.

Cons
At this time, I have no complaints about the tool. It has worked exactly as promised, with no bugs.