Trello Logo

Trello

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

Trello Reviews - Page 100

23,166 reviews

Mary Beth H.

Time to get organized!

It has become a vital part of our Program Management.

Pros

Trello allows us to communicate and plan with a team in a more informal way! It works for me individually to track my areas of responsibility while allowing the team visibility to my progress, and allows me to communicate with other team members on shared responsibilities. We use other planning tools, like smartsheet, for specific implementation plans, but Trello for managing accounts as a team and keeping track of all the moving pieces.

Cons

Notifications could be better, and tracking overall progress against completion.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Trello Organizer

Pros

Trello is a fairly simple online program that allows the user to organize and plan things out. The features are easy to understand and allows you to do all the things required in preparing for the things you need. I used trello to write out things I needed for my program and just checked it off when I was done. It also allows collaboration between fellow peers

Cons

Trello was a bit complicated and hard to use at first. Adding people to the group was a bit difficult to do at first. There are also many different planned software out there that is able to do the same thing.

CW

CATHERINE W.

Great for project management

We use Trello to make sure all of the steps are completed in a timely fashion by all participants to meet our marketing deadlines. It is a helpful tool to stay on top of lots of moving pieces for a large project. It allows all users to see what step we are on, what tasks are required, and who they are assigned to.

Pros

My boss implemented this software to stay on top of a myriad of important projects and deadlines. Once set up, it allowed all members of our team to see what was required of them, and when. It also helped us all see how each task of ours was necessary to meet our goals.

Cons

The calendar function was the least helpful for us because it was difficult to see everything at once, like we wanted. I would like to see an improved, more detailed calendar feature.

Katie L.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Customizable but confusing

Since we use the free version, it's hard to argue with the pricepoint. It does what we need--mainly, provides a place where we can keep all necessary information in one place and communicate with one another--but I wish it did a better job of helping me see and prioritize my day-to-day workload.

Pros

Trello is a very robust project management platform. Even the free version allows you to choose from any number of features. We use to manage multiple marketing projects at once, and it allows us to keep information all in one place, communicate with critical stakeholders, and manage deadlines.

Cons

I wish it were easier to see everything that I need to do next. In the free version that we use, I'm unable to see a list of tasks that have been assigned to me and their corresponding deadlines. I also want a more robust calendaring tool. It's a good "hub" for keeping everything in one place, but I find it isn't particularly useful in helping me navigate and prioritize my workload; I have to more or less know what I'm looking for in order to find it. Other project management tools I've used have been better at giving me an at-a-glance understanding of what's next.

Stefon J.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

A welll integrated and efficient project management tool.

Trello has empowered more efficiency in our work and makes me more productive in our projects and allotted tasks. We can design custom tasks and can track them for efficient working in order to be completed in a given time-frame.

Pros

Trello allows me and my teammates to organize our projects in the best possible ways. We can efficiently design and customize this tool according to our requirements and nature of projects. With easy integration to number of platforms, it also allows us to stay productive.

Cons

Trello has been known negatively for its highly complex working procedure and tools. One should have to go through tutorials in order to learn it thoroughly. The free version doesn't offer number of reliable services. I have found this tool be well designed and well maintained.

AZ

Austin Z.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Trello: A good application

My overall experience with Trello is good, especially with organizing. Third party sites also allowed me to connect with Trello which allowed me to do even more things with the application. Some features that were useful costed money, but it's all fine as Trello needs to make a profit.

Pros

I like the most that it is free to signup and use. It is also very easy to organize you projects by adding lists and cards, directly from the website. You can select if you want to make the board public or private, and even invite members to edit the board.

Cons

I don't like their API system. When I try to use their API to connect to my program, it's hard to use. However, I do appreciate how they have a document for the API, which helped me a bit with connecting to it and using it.

Angela R.

Use daily to manage multiple projects across dispersed teams.

Free to use, simple to use, i can easily plan and see multiple project workflows. I use it for home and personal projects as well as work.

Pros

It's very quick to get up and running and organised. I was using my first board within a minute. It's straightforward and easy to use. Sharing and collaborating is easy and you can quickly assign tasks to others. It is also possible to use the software to plan lessons, workshops and small scale curricula, it's quite versatile if you are creative with it!

Cons

Occasionally I end up with lists within lists but that is more to do with my own taxonomies than the trello system.

Pramod N.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Trello - Manage your tasks effectively

Pros

Earlier I used to face big issue of handling multiple tasks requests from team by using different methods such as Emails, Chats, Verbal requests. It was Chaos and there was no way to track them all. Then one of my friend introduced me to Trello and it has been my best companion and life saver since then. And now can't imagine working without Trello. Trello's boards system is really very helpful organizing from mundane tasks to high priority tasks. It offers comprehensive sets of features, flexibility, customization and security even in free version. It is must have tool for people who likes to stay organized and work effectively.

Cons

None, not sure whether it has cons since it meets all of my requirements.

Aleksandra M.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Great alternative to Jira

Pros

I used this software in my previous company to manage weekly sprints (non-technical team, support, and customer success-related tasks). It is a great alternative to Jira for non-technical teams - very configurable, has intuitive labeling, and is highly customizable. Now I am using the free version for myself, to manage day-to-day work and not lose any important stuff. Free version is great as well, and even comes in handy if you want to plan around your personal life :)

Cons

Trello is not HIPAA compliant or anything like that, so sadly, we can't use it in our daily work as a company. Any classified information should be kept out, which causes some struggles.

Tamas K.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Trello the lightwight project managing tool

I using trello for two of my personel project. One board for company software implementation. I am really reailable on trello. One task, or info coming, goes straight away into trello.

Pros

It is really easy of use. Its provide the most important functionalities of management tool, but that is just good enough. People wont be lost in admin tasks. Board - projects Lists - main functions/ processes in a project Cards for specific parts Checklist for th most details. It can be used for "life projects" as well. Lots of plugins. Connects to zapier.

Cons

Free version could offer a bit more :) e.g. not just one plugin.

Arpad S.

Design, self-employed

Client Facing Project Management

I use it internally for personal and business management tasks and as client facing collaboration platform. Using Trello has been a great experience because of the ease of use, however the client onboarding process can be a bit cumbersome. Otherwise it gets the job done and the free tier is very generous.

Pros

Trello is a simple kanban board style project management solution. It's very easy to track the status of your tasks if you set up each column ("list") with labels like: To Do, In progress, Waiting for Approval, Done.

Cons

I would like to see a feature where you can actually mark a task as completed without setting the due date for each task.

WC

Wendi C.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

I love Trello!

Trello has made it so easy for me to collaborate with my employees and keep track of and assign tasks and projects. The card system really makes sense to me and is so convenient and easy to use.

Pros

The “card” system is so great and really makes it easy to see everything at a glance and reorganize priorities as new tasks and projects come up. It is so easy to teach to new employees.

Cons

I wish it were easier to change list colors on an iPad, since we almost exclusively use iPads in our business.

JN

Joseph N.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Trello has amazing feature to get organized in such a simple way!

Saving time and helping me and my small company stay organized.

Pros

First off, i like the simpleness of Trello, it is so easy to create tasks and maintain them updated that i have reduced time i usually spend on it and actually focus on working. I have a small team with big task to do on day on day bases, this helps us to stay organized and keep track on development.

Cons

Trello needs some improvements still. I have submitted my request several times, but i don't see them working on it. Example, I would live to make some cards public and other private, this would help for my customers see our updates but keep some notes or other update cards hidden. Also i would like more control on the size of the cards and maybe more visual customization on them as well.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Workspace Collaboration Exemplified

Trello is a great tool for collaboration on projects and tasks, as well as allowing easy tracking of task completion across one or multiple teams.

Pros

Trello is a great tool that has made managing tasks and projects easier within our organization. Assigning tasks is easy and the daily reporting of completion is an integral feature. With a few simple clicks you can create a new task, description, checklists and assign to a user.

Cons

When your Trello board becomes too big and has a lot of users it can be cumbersome to manage. Loading times suffer once you reach a certain size.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

An efficient task management system

It’s great for managing a small team. When the number of users increases and people require more training, it can get harder to manage. Best to set up the Trello board and have clear use cases laid out.

Pros

The learning curve is very low, so it doesn’t take a whole lot of work to get started in. There is a strong following and heavy documentation on how to use it, best practices, etc. You get what you take out of it.

Cons

There isn’t a way to manage multiple deadlines for one card. If the team who implemented it doesn’t know best practices, it can get cumbersome. Cards with vague card names can get lost after being archived.

MD

Monica D.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Really helpful tool for collaboration and tracking

I use it and would be lost without it keeping track of where I am and what I have to do for a project so can't complain when it keeps me on track so well especially for free (though some premium features are worth it!)

Pros

It's good to know if someone has seen something and is online and acknowledging it

Cons

Not super intuitive in terms of UI, could be updated to a more modern style

Sylvain B.

I manage my web projects

I like Trello to manage my projects, share my projects to partner, as a reminder and notes for my day to day business ... and it's cheap monthly (or even free) !!

Pros

Trello is easy to use, The premium version is cheap. Sharing a project to a partner is easy and really convenient The free version is often enough for most project management There is many free add-ons to get the most of Trello

Cons

Some premium add-ons are sometimes expensive I would like to have more integrated functionnalities, not just add-on A calendar integration (Apple or Google) would be incredible Mail management integrated would be fantastic

ON

Oanh N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Best app for task management

Pros

- Easy to management short-term and long-term tasks - Be able to share or invite team members to any Trello board. - There is no cost for basic use. Otherwise, I can use install plugins by Power-Ups functions.

Cons

There is no concern regarding my current experience.

SR

Sambath R.

Organizing and managing your project becomes easy with Trello.

Pros

It's free and simple to use. Gets quickly updated in real time. Easy to add outside members to the board. We can create public and private boards based on visibility. The check list feature helps you stay updated with the progress of the tasks. You can assign multiple members for a particular task and you can label them with a different color. You can find all the tasks in one page. You can add attachments to your tasks.

Cons

They don’t have a calendar feature. The number of labels is limited. Keyboard shortcuts, copy/paste seldom work. The tasks are confined just to one project; there is no multiple project feature. It is difficult to delete content. The absence of bar graphs to determine the team’s progress is also a limitation.

Joshua A.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Much better than the competitors

Absolutely great from start to finish

Pros

Trello is an extremely unique web application or even app not only is it available on my mobile phone but it’s easy to use. Overall great platform happy I switched for freecamp. thanks guys for making such a great all inclusive ecosystem

Cons

Getting organized initially can be a little bit challenging and used to the software

Karen F.

Animation, 1-10 employees

Awesome tool for organizing

I really like Trello!

Pros

It's really easy to use, has loads of features (I must be honest and say I don't even know all the features, I just use the ones I need). It's easy to make it work for different kinds of projects and you can do some things in a few different ways, so you can find what works best for you. You can label everything with different colours, to make it easy to see what's what at a glance. You can make checklists, drag stuff between lists easily, leave comments, etc. Plus you can put pretty backgrounds, which is nice :)

Cons

The only thing is that if you invite someone to a board they can see everything. It's a nice feature to be able to only show what you want, rather, which isn't possible with Trello.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Awesome!!!!

Love it. I use it every day. We have it on a screen and people can watch the pgrogress of every project moving forward.

Pros

What is there not to like. First Is free. Obviously with limited features. But it’s all you need! Love it!

Cons

Cons. Not many themes. Cards are not very customize able but overall that are not many cons. Teams can grow. Boards are awesome. If you can dream a project. Trellis is super friendly for everyone (no matter the age ;)

DS

Davide S.

Photography, self-employed

Everything under control

More than positive experience, fast and flexible with all functions and extensions for every type of project

Pros

Of trello I especially appreciate the possibility of assigning tasks, checking how long they have been in progress and changing the status as you go along. Thanks to trello I can always see what is most urgent each day and can therefore manage work well

Cons

In some cases in projects with many tasks, it gave me some problems in loading by not updating some tasks even though they were completed

Brenda H.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Trello helps me keep my projects organized.

This tool has helped us save time and work efficiently on our team, We can take notes anywhere at any time without the need for paper and share them with others through a link.

Pros

Trello is very easy to use, especially in the browser version as it is all very well organized and its interface is very simple. Also, Trello Keeps your projects and project tasks organized easily and efficiently. If we manage several projects it also helps us organize and prioritize tasks.

Cons

We really liked Trello, but it's too simple, sometimes it requires us to use another tool to manage a project because trello was insufficient.

IC

Iris C.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Gestiona todo tipo de tareas muy facilmente

Mi experiencia con la herramienta siempre fue excelente, desde el primer momento que la usé hace un par de años, no deja de sorprenderme y ayudarme a facilitar el seguimiento de mis tareas, tanto del trabajo como personales.

Pros

Excelente interfaz, usable, intuitiva, con la cantidad de elementos justa. Se nota el gran trabajo en la mejora constante de sus features. A destacar: - Integraciones con otras herramientas de Atlassian y slack - ¡Las pegatinas!

Cons

En un tiempo tuve mínimos inconvenientes con la autenticación, pero vi que ya lo solucionaron. Sumaron la opción de "agregar otra cuenta".

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation