Trello Logo

Trello

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

Trello Reviews - Page 5

23,166 reviews

JC

Jay C.

Always a Trello user

I use Trello to manage website creation (and content development) and social media and email marketing projects for my engineering, construction, photography, and podcast clients. Trello functions as my idea board, offering a place where I can prioritize and develop ideas within given timeframes.

Pros

I have been using Trello now for 4-5 years and could not be more impressed with its ease of use. Team structuring, shared projects, priorities and timelines are extremely easy to create and administrate. Everything is drop and drag and the pin-board feel is intuitive and clean. As someone who collaborates with a wide variety of creative business owners, and who has done a LOT of sampling of productivity software and apps, I can say without a doubt that Trello will always be my go-to for project management.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about Trello. There are just things about the program that I don't yet use. The next step is to add a true time and resource cost management integration. I didn't really need that when I was working with only a couple of clients. Now that my client base has grown, my need for cost management as an add-on will be a priority in 2021.

Suzan M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Online project management system that changed the way we work

I had been managing my web and graphic design studio jobs just with excel - I had not found any software that did not seem too cumbersome and admin heavy. The checklist functionality and all possibilities then changed the way we work to this day.

Pros

The easy to use visible overview, the checklist and creating templates for the team to use over and over. Long before the template functionality was added we used it already and just gave it a label. The simplicity yet versatility makes it so adaptable.

Cons

The free version is getting more and more restricted in use. The biggest blow was the teams that suddenly went from unlimited to 10. We are a small company in a third world country, working and training a lot of apprentices, so the fee per person was simply far too much. There are a lot of boards I have archived that I cannot access anymore because the team size won't allow it. I may need to restructure it all, but for now It's just annoying.

KF

Kim F.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Hello Trello 👋

Pros

Trello is really the best, inexpensive project management tool you could ask for. Edits happen in real- time. Assigning team members and due dates are simple with the Kanban cards and Planyway calendar. In- platform reminders work flawlessly. Teaching project progress is easy for simple projects.

Cons

The one main drawback would be that there are a lot of plugins available to make more features and apps available (calendars, etc. ). This can be good, but sometimes can take you a little off course, since you have to generally leave the main Trello board and experience to access the extension features. It would be fantastic if more of the extension features were just built into the platform itself....

Beth S.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Fantastic software for project tracking

We use trello to track the status of tax returns (from the moment we remind clients to send us stuff to when it is accepted by the IRS), to track the status of potential clients, and also to keep lists of procedures by type (Accounting, Bookkeeping, sales tax, etc)

Pros

My most favorite thing is the Kanban Board view and labels. They make it so easy to track where projects are so multiple people working on something can see what needs to be done vs. what is already done and who is working on it! It is incredibly user friendly whether you're on a computer, a phone, or even using the app! I like that we can attached files not only from our devices but also from Google Drive. Finally, the price is really inexpensive, so when we add someone to our team we don't have to decide if it's worth it to add them!

Cons

The only thing it really seems to be missing is having the gmail thread as part of trello, instead of having to pay for a third party add-on. We'd also like the ability to export a board+lists to excel.

VT

Vincent T.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Trello for Task tracking in Fiji Businesses

With Trello, Human Resource efficiency is achieved very well. Time & Money spent on meetings have been cut down to a minimum which leads to a huge savings by the company. The overall experience of using Trello has be beneficial and I would recommend this to all Small & Medium Enterprise as a tool to keep track of projects & tasks.

Pros

Trello is very useful for any company especially when there is a project needed to be completed by the team. Firstly, organizing tasks for individual employees on individual boards is very easy. Once you login you can easily get around and figure things out because of the simplistic setup. Assigning & Archiving tasks is very simple. Secondly, Trello helps with a problem that is rife among companies...

Cons

Trello, although very effective, is also very limited in terms of the project it can handle. Small projects are perfect for Trello but not large scale ones. For example, in our company, we would use the app for things like ordering a helicopter part overseas and also handling the freight and shipping up until it is being delivered. Also, storage data is limited so attachments like mp4 videos & other...

RC

Rajesh C.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Task Management is now in your finger tip

Back in the day, when we used to write down our tasks in a diary and notebook which was so much analog and difficult to manage. But, in this modern world, when technology is developed and came to its peak, we should not struggle with our task management. Trust me; Trello makes task management easier than ever. Now, you can track all of the tasks of your boards or projects. When it comes to my personal opinion, I will always give a higher rating to this innovative software as it makes my work-life so convenient and easier.

Pros

There is no denying the fact that Trello is so much impressive when it comes to managing your tasks. Trello makes my work life easier. The most impactful feature of this software that I found helpful is I can organize my tasks into several categories. For example, now I know what task is not completed yet, what I am doing, and what I already have completed. Even I can track my completed tasks to follow up further if I have to do that. Trello is so much easy to use. The templates are so much user-friendly. You can even tag your co-workers and when it comes to monitoring the tasks, it becomes so much easier. Another impressive feature I like about this software is I can attach necessary documents to make the task presentable and easy to understand to everyone.

Cons

First of all, Trello has great room to develop in its storage options. Besides, I found there is a good limitation in using keyboard shortcuts. On top of that sometimes managing too many tasks become so hectic. Currently, tasks are allocated to only one project or board. I think they should also improve the overall co-ordination option between different boards.

Souhil S.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Best List Making Application to Boost your Productivity and Save Time for Personal & Business use.

Trello will be always my first choice, and I guess It's one of the Best List Making applications right now with amazing features and Integrations also, I love it when the Trello team is improving it always for us as users and when they give us new tips and tricks. I have been using it for almost 10 months now and I never had big problems with it and that's why I keep using it daily for my projects, work, and plans. And I had a lot of success getting things done fast and I saved a lot of time because of Trello and I will always recommend it to my friends and family members.

Pros

It's a very helpful tool and I'm able to increase my productivity and track my work, plans, projects daily. I really like it because they have a Free plan without paying anything and no credit card needed too. It's one of the best tools right now to get things done and save time and do your "To-Do List" fast. I can Invite my Virtual Assistant and create a team to help me get things done and they can...

Cons

Sometimes It's very hard to see some cards because the Boards get bigger and bigger and they can add for example Horizontal pages, for example, page1/page2/page3...etc They can add a better option to communicate between team members like live chat or other messaging options in Boards. I don't like the "More from Atlassian" section in Trello because It's like they are promoting some tools and for me...

AL

Ariel L.

Never Guess What You Need to Do Next

Overall, Trello works for my needs. I'm a freelancer that works with multiple companies so this is setup as different teams inside my Trello account. I also have different projects on my own which i setup separately as well. It provides the basic backbone for project management from workflow to collaboration. I hope there are ways to filter or create views that you want in the future.

Pros

What i like about Trello is that it's simple yet flexible. THe regular kanban style board layout is enough to handle basic task management or as an ideas log. But when you move beyond only managing your own tasks, like working with clients or other colleagues, the collaboration tools certainly help a lot. They also have powerups or extended features that you can add alongside the basic functionality which makes it even more powerful.

Cons

What i like least about trello is the homepage. It gets unwieldy when you start to manage multiple boards at once. The homepage is where you see the overview of everything in your account. But you can't customize it to make it look or show only the data that really matters. For example, you can't filter to see only board A from Team 1. Or Board XYZ from Team 2. So it really is just a timeline of everything. And it doesn't work from a project management perspective since there are more critical projects that you want to know every detail of and there are others where you only want to check once in a while And of course, if no one else is using it, just like with any project management software, it becomes useless.

JC

Jr. C.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Helpful for Small Projects, Hard to Scale

Trello has been very helpful for small teams projects and personal projects. It can be very quick for one to learn the basics, set-up and and collaborate with on a basic level. One needs to be mindful that Trello is harder to scale compared to JIRA, but much easier to gett started on. Trello has a free option that is worth trying to see if it will help your organization stay on top of projects and tasks, and is a more feature rich, online version of a sticky note board on a white board. Trello constantly has updated that make the proiduct more feature rich, and the new feature help with efficenceny and effectivenesss.

Pros

Trello is very easy to get initialized and running for a small teams or projects, or to organize personal work. It makes it easy to take a list of tasks to do and put them in an organized manner to allow for collaboration and consistency, it is ideal for small teams and projects and is quicker to learn and initialize, when compared to JIRA. The user-friendly UX on the web and mobile is nice for new and experienced users. Trello is a nice alternative to Asana, and can be used as a substitute.

Cons

I found that Trello is much harder to scale for big teams and projects. It does not seem as efficient of effective when managing bigger teams of developers working on multiple separate projects when compared to JIRA. Trello can be hard to maintain a sense of control for a project when there is a lot of moving parts. When trying to become an advanced Trello user, I found it took some time to get used to the product, and learn effecicent ways of using the product; it seems that there is no perfect way to use Trello.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Meet Trello, the everything connected web based platform

Trello was used by our team for over 1 year while I was on a contract gig. We used it for our everyday task planning and coordination along with TRACTION L-10 meetings where we supplemented progress reports with that system. As I cannot speak for the reporting side of things, I'll cover the basic user side of things. Basically, Trello allows one to create "Cards" that represent a project and add...

Pros

The power-ups involving automatic actions to simplify the tedious nature of repetitive tasks (like Butler) The ease of use for customization Categorization, lists, checkboxes, Outlook connector The ability to share files directly for review is the best! Teamwork is now broadened to folks across the world!

Cons

The inability to label the columns with custom images without making a card for it. The fact that power-ups are limited so a trial user can never get the "full effect"

Lohany B.

Government Relations, 1,001-5,000 employees

meeting the trello

Trello allowed me to create a more organized schedule, especially with projects that had no specific date to do any activity, so it made my life a lot easier, for example: before using Trello I made lists of what I had to do during the week and day , and whenever I couldn't do a task I had to copy it back to the next list of the following week, erasing everything, with Trello I no longer have this...

Pros

the cool thing about Trello is that as soon as you download it to your device, it comes with a welcome board that shows what you can do with the trello app, at first glance, it has a presentation card where you click and can make a description of the card or add a comment, add images, add a link, create checklists, tags, you can create as many lists as you want, file a card, all this the app will teach...

Cons

the only disadvantage i've seen so far is that i didn't learn how to create teams in the app just to be able to create on the computer on the site, so when i click add, i can only add a new board and select which team i'll put, but so far i don't know how to add a new team, I don't know if it's not possible or if it's my mistake, another disadvantage is the number of limited power-ups that are offered in the free version, so I can only add a power-up and if I want to put dropbox and Evernote I can't, but it's fair, it's an application that has a commercial version so if you want to use more tools I think it's fair to pay for them, as it is useful for several companies.

NM

Namita M.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

User Friendly and customizable Project Management application!

Adding users to the card, creating checklists, adding due date to not only to each card but to each sub-item is very handy. As the due date/time is close, there is a different color for you to easily understand your priority task. I liked that I could add and import checklists, copy cards, assign tasks to relevant users and once they are done, the cardmembers can be notified. You can easily archive...

Pros

The application is designed by keeping Kanban methodology in mind. It is very simple and easy to use. Well designed for any level of technical and project management experience. I love how I can organize lists, cards, and boards. I also like the level of security I can set up for each user and board. Trello is an inexpensive application. They offer freemium version as well. We used freemium in the beginning and as we grew, we upgraded to the paid version. Overall, I am very impressed with this project management application! You can organize your tasks well and communicate with the team by focusing on your priority and deadline.

Cons

This is by Atlassian software and I understand that JIRA is designed by keeping enterprise in mind, while this is more for small to mid-size businesses. So, it is not very convenient to manage sprints, etc for product development. You cannot use Trello for a large scale projects.

MD

Maria D.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great product for the price

Overall, I'd recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get started on simple task tracking, especially within a team. Hoping the product will release more features, like the ones mentioned above.

Pros

I love Trello's clean and customizable UI. It makes it easy for me to track tasks and to add as many columns to indicate a task's status as needed.

Cons

Lack of features that could immensely improve the product, such as time tracking for individual projects and increased ability to collaborate with other users. Some features I wish it included are: calendar view to see deadlines for specific tasks, and dates added to comments so updates can be tracked.

RC

Rachel C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Love this product, very visual and straightforward, highly recommend

Pros

There is SO much to like about this software, it's hard to narrow down. The versatility of the software is incredible. We have a variety of different teams (e.g. photography, video, writing, web development...) and each team's boards are completely independent of one another, with completely different workflows. Other tools seem restrictive whereas Trello is incredibly customizable, and change is easy....

Cons

When the pricing structure changed a year or two ago, we had to totally restructure our work to be able to keep the software (we are state funded and could not afford our current structure once the price increased). We had to transition from nine teams to one team, separated out by tags. We have a TON of boards, so this was less than ideal but still totally manageable. The one other thing I like least is the limitations placed on board powerups. They are SO useful, and the tool is still incredible without them, but I wish my whole team had gotten to experience the powerups (I was one of the only Gold members).

SD

Sandra D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Trello to Organize Nonprofit Volunteers

Trello runs my life. I use it to create and exicute plans, events, and campaigns with volunteers and venders. What I like best about Trello is the ability to automate and link with other software like my email and calendar.

Pros

Use Trello in my daily planning but I also used it to help my volunteers. The typical way for an entry-level volunteer to get information and learn how to do their job is with a 200+ page guidebook. That is not an easy sell for most brand new first-time volunteers. So I broke down the guidebook using Trello to make starting out simple. "Here is what you need to do and the tools you need to do it," on each card. I love that it lets me have links and attachments so everything my people need is at their fingertips and it is searchable.

Cons

Trello is intimidating at first. I love using it and I have taught a dozen people how to use it. They are all overwhelmed at first. But over an hour or so they get the hang of it and really start to enjoy using the system.

RH

Rick H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Just kept growing

You get a lot for free. I ran my last business on the free version alone. The power-ups really allow great integration and automation

Pros

Started with Trello as a free planning and to-do product and it just kept growing and growing and growing. Best part is that unlike some products it kept growing with us becoming part of the daily production and planning process.

Cons

My only complaint is that the search feature seems to be a little weak. The ranking of search results seems erratic. eg. if I search ACME inc. you would think the most recent or most frequently accessed cards would come up but they seem almost random.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Our goto brainstorm tool

One of those tools to have in the toolbox -- just for reasons might not expect -- the cards make it super flexible, the lack of spreadsheet mode make it hard to justify paying for it -- some highly recommended plugins are trellists, multiselect for trello, list layouts, and butler, which solve some of those problems.

Pros

Trello is absolutely great for quickly capturing thoughts and doing light organization of lists; the integration support is especially extensive. We also find it helpful as an internal wiki. Trello shines best as task manager when you have someone as a PM who doesn't mind being in it all time, and who has time allocated to build up the automations for everyone. Among the more amazing integrations...

Cons

Lack of quick edit spreadsheet mode, even as plugin -- the primary reason Trello has never been our heavy lifter on task management -- the keyboard shortcuts aren't intuitive or standard -- couple that with having to manually enter every task and it's just clunky compared to tools such as Monday.com.

Reinard D.

Civic & Social Organization, 501-1,000 employees

First to market, but not in first place

As a personal tool, I can confidently recommend Trello as the free tier provides plenty of room to manage your personal day-to-day tasks. As a professional task or project management platform, there are now better options out there, although there is a big dollop of personal preference involved in these types of software solutions.

Pros

Trello is a really good personal and professional task project manager. I've used it in both of these capacities and I must admit, it worked better for me in my personal life than professional. As a personal tool, the free tier is really generous and you'll be able to track, organise and manage daily tasks and projects around the house with ease. As a professional tool, it just didn't quite get there....

Cons

Once we got into the workflow part we started to realise the limitations of the software on our particular process. To elaborate, we were using the software to manage tasks such as creative output workflow, advertising schedules and external partner projects. Now this is going to be the personal preference part, it just didn't feel natural the way Trello organises these processes. Moving tasks from step-to-step and the way documents were handled within each task/board didn't fit naturally with how we ran high volume task flow. I think in the end, some team members became frustrated with the day-to-day method of manually updating task status and the lack of automation with regards to tasks hitting certain milestones.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Trello, the Collaboration Giant

Trello is helping us to solve the issue of collaboration and time tracking on our projects. We can now easily see work being done by each individual and even the time they spend. It has also solved our communication challenges by automating email notifications

Pros

Trello really made our development team work better. The fact that you can line up tasks in lists and set card owners and due dates really did it for us. It is a very easy tool to use as setting up the board is just drag and drop. The vast number of power ups available also allowed us to extend its functionality and get more from the app. Another key feature that we fell in love with is the activity history that allows just a quick glance of recent board activity.Integration with our process was very easy as we follow the Agile methodology

Cons

Of the improvements that I think can be done in Trello, one critical one would be native integration with the google calendar. This will be a huge benefit for planning and logging work on the calendar. Another downside is that there is no built in functionality for reporting and a Gantt chart. These would make life easier if added.

LC

Lisa C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Worth it!

I supervise a team of three HR professionals. Our biggest problem in our work execution was determining who was doing what when. I also needed to be able to follow up with them regarding items that had been referred to them for review, or even issues we discussed during our weekly one-on-one meetings. Through Trello, they are able to work on tasks and I can see their updates in the "activity" portion of the Trello card. I also get weekly and daily updates regarding tasks that are due soon. My team -- which was very skeptical about their ability to use Trello -- is very pleased and have even begun making their own boards! The use of Trello has cut down our meetings from hours to a bi-weekly stand-up call of 15 minutes.

Pros

Trello gives you great planner options on its FREE version, which is a fantastic value. Other products have free versions that are either barely functional, or have a limited time during which you can use the free version. Trello does not.

Cons

Honestly, there is really nothing that I dislike about this software. The only thing that comes close (and is not really a "con") is that there is a slight learning curve in order to leverage many of the extra features. The joy of this is that you can still use Trello with great functionality and never really miss these extra features such as the Butlers or Powerups

JK

Jeff K.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

The Best Team Project Management Software

The training video really helps jump-start you experience and the blogs are fantastic. I share them with the team all the time. I am trying to push all of the important administrative functions of my ministry to the Trello platform for simplicity's sake.

Pros

I have a staff of volunteers which means they all have fulltime jobs and work remotely when they work for the Church. Trello is the program that we use the most. It is versatile with all of its different functions and so user friendly. I appreciate the flexibility to integrate with other programs. It makes project management a breeze!

Cons

I have yet to discover something I do not like about Trello. Lowering the price is always a win but the present rate is competitive.

Biotechnology, 1-10 employees

Best task manager

So far is free, so it also has the best relationship price/quality you can find.

Pros

By far this is the easiest to use task manager in the market. It is very intuitive and easy to use without missing functionality. I've used for several projects big and small and never failed me.

Cons

The only drawback I see is that after you create a task you must go back to add information, this is something that should be done in one step instead of two. It has less features than JIRA, but most JIRA features are of not use for me, so I can't complain for this, but if you are looking for a JIRA drop-in replacement, this is not the software you are looking for.

KC

Karrie C.

Online Media, self-employed

Trello Is A Business Must Have

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Pros

I love the visual boards that are easy to drag and drop, easy learning curve, the ability to add due dates, and checklists. I use it for my business. Each client and subcontractor gets their own board. I love that you can get templates as starting off points. And it's free or inexpensive.

Cons

I know there is automation with Butler but haven't figured out how to use it. I wish you could add more storage under the free level. But it's still very inexpensive. I wish I could bring all the board's due dates under one master to do list.

Management Consulting, self-employed

My go-to for team and project management

I have used Trello for years for personal, academic and professional use. I mostly use it for professional PM for clients and projects and for my NASA L'SPACE work. Use solo or with a team.

Pros

It really helps me organize information, tasks and really all aspects of a project. I've used it for years and it just gets better with the add-ons. I use it for professional project management and with my special projects with NASA's L'SPACE program. I use Trello with a premium add-on called PlanWay that adds additional project management tools like Ganntt charting and it makes task assignments and ownership easier for team based projects.

Cons

When I first began to use it years ago I jumped in and didn't really both to learn how to use it. If you don't have a method to organize the lists and cards it can get messy and overwhelming. What I learned to do was take a little time to read tutorials and watch some Trello YouTube videos and it helped me organize my information better. That's my advice to new users. Otherwise I have no complaints I love it.

Laura P.

Photography, self-employed

From sceptic to devotee!

I use Trello for a wide range of things in my business. Monthly tasks, Sales tracking, production of my YouTube channel, and on and on.

Pros

I was hearing things about Trello for a long time before I decided to take the plunge. When I did, I haven't looked back. Trello is, for me, where all of the moving parts of my business come together. It's the easiest way to delegate a clear set of tasks to virtual freelancers as well. If you want your business to grow faster without micro-management then this is absolutely the tool for you!

Cons

I have run into trello difficulties when starting some new tasks off in there. I would love some kind of clever template option that gives me alternative ways to use trello depending on what I want to track and manage. Sales funnels are very different to running the production of my YouTube Channel for instance. I've had to do some trial and error which took a bit of time up.