Trello Logo

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

Trello Reviews - Page 93

23,187 reviews

Jennifer L.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Flexible and very useful for teamwork

It is very useful since it increases the operational performance in each activity that you have in group work, especially, the interaction with the work teams becomes more fluid. I recommend this application for any company or work team that needs to organize more in their collaborative projects.

Pros

Of the things that I like the most, it is the option of being able to visualize the expiration and progress in each project which allows me to better optimize the times and finish each task faster since the whole group is more coordinated.

Cons

So far I have no negative comments about Trello, it has been a very useful application for my projects and my different work tasks.

Jean Eudes B.

Design, 1-10 employees

It has made teamwork much easier

Very positive. Best for management, productivity, and team tasks

Pros

I love how we can just have different tasks mapped out for the whole team to do. We have used this a lot mapping out our website and mobile app projects for us and clients. It was hard just drawing it out and making workflows using regular design tools. But Trello gave us a better and easier alternative that saved us a lot of time. So now we can just visualize the whole upcoming quarter, semester and plan accordingly. I also like the fact that, with the free version, you can do a lot with boards. You can set up times when tasks will be done, and you can move tasks that are done out of your to-do list giving you flexibility and keeping your boards much cleaner. I also like how there is an app for it that is user-friendly. It also integrates with a lot of apps through zapier and internally

Cons

It requires a little bit of a learning curve so maybe having one of those tutorials that show you how to use it step by step while you're using it might help

FF

Fauve F.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great and easy to organize everything

A plus

Pros

I like the fact that you can colour code and make things easy to find and look at - normal docs get boring to look at all day!

Cons

I like everything about it - great to keep everyone on the team organized.

AG

Adele G.

Fine Art, self-employed

Excellent product for getting and staying organized

I will now be able to better organize my action steps and break down large projects into manageable tasks. Visually seeing the projects broken down into steps gives me a starting place and helps me stay on track to to completion. I will be recommending this software to my husband who has ADHD and this organizing tool is just what he needs to help him overcome come barriers regarding completing tasks with multiple step. I highly recommend this software to anyone whether they are list makers or not. This software seems very likely to increase productivity.

Pros

This list making software is intuitively designed for functionality making it easy to use and extremely efficient. Want to get rid of all those "to-do" lists cluttering up your fridge door or work space? Get this software! This software is perfect for anyone with a busy schedule from a housewife to a business executive. The categories for your list make sense and help you see your progress as you move your item from "to-do" to "doing" to "done". Lots of features for make it great for advanced use or just everyday tasks. Make your list on your phone and access it from any computer. Add comments. Attach documents. Track your progress. From now on I will use this software to organize all my projects both work and personal.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. It is very well designed.

Abdelkadir B.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Display your tasks and checklists using software that is simple to install and use right away!

Trello is used at the company where I work. We use it to keep track of the work we accomplish during our maintenance periods, when we follow a set of chores that must be completed in a certain order. We use it to keep track of all of our modifications, as well as any problems or notes for future maintenance windows. It's a fantastic method to keep everything in one place, and it's nice to be able to go back and check through prior boards to see if there's anything there that can help with any concerns that come up in the current month.

Pros

- transparency, Responsibility and accountability are made simple. - simple to use, needs little to no training, and simply gets the job done. - allows to collaboration on jobs and complete them more effectively.

Cons

- The user interface is a little confusing. - Notifications in the Android app are unreliable.

Dalmir A.

Design, 1-10 employees

One of the best digital workplace

In a nutshell, a team of Marketing, designers, content creators won't be the same after meeting Trello, I'm not the same, I don't need to be in the company to show the project to Boss, Trello eliminates distances.

Pros

Look, it's very recent that I met Trello and I didn't know about his existence, but I was surprised to be able to work with a team without the need to be together because Trello makes this easier, I don't need to be in the company, even from at home we do briefs, repairs, adjustments and project conclusions.

Cons

I don't have one against it because I'm studying the platform, of course, I still don't understand everything but little by little and with the help of my team I understand.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Trello I like you, but I don't know for how long

I see Trello pretty much as the industry norm. Create a board, add tasks, assign to members, set deadlines, attach additional information and documents to cards. There is a lot that you can do. I use Trello in both my professional work as well as my volunteer work and in both cases it has aided team collaboration. It has however also gotten messy, overwhelming, and checked less often than should be. (All to the fault of users and not Trello.) But... With alternative solutions like Notion that offer lightweight Trello functionalities combined with other features, presented in an optimized and visual way, I think the newer generations and innovative teams might start making the switch.

Pros

- Trello is simple to use and great to get a team to plan their strategy, assign tasks accordingly, and track their progress over time. - I have also found integrations they offer to be particularly helpful (with Slack for example)

Cons

- Trello is great. But I have seen people are not as great at using it. It often happens that boards and tasks will be set-up after which people stop checking the board and following up on their actions. (An integration with Slack has been a partially working band-aid solution.) However, I think this might hint at the user experience that people have while using Trello. I have seen this issue in my professional work as well as in my volunteer work where boards were set-up only to not be touched for months.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Trello is great for all types of businesses!

Pros

Trello is great for everything when it comes to internal use of company. I have used Trello for my training material with attachments, pictures, direct links to my drive. Trello is also great when working for an improvement plan with an employee. It allows you to include dates, steps to follow, easy access from your employees to leave comments, questions, and attachments. Its like the Google Drive with everything all in one place.

Cons

If you are unsure on how exactly to use Trello, you might get a little lost at the beginning. However, when you get the hang of it, its really easy to use.

MH

Michelle H.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Trello Review 2020

Easy to learn and navigate and allows us to manage the team and our cards efficiently. It allows us to clearly see the progress of every project and is very easy on the eye.

Pros

Trello is easy to set up you only need your name, email, password and you are ready to go. It has free options as well as pricing structures to suit your business goals. The interface looks clean and neat and is easy to navigate. Each project can be named and boards can be created for each task, it is easy to track the 'to do tasks and the tasks that are done, we can also assign specific tasks to different team members and track their work performance this way. I can label the cards private or public depending on the company strategy for the project. The drag and drop feature makes it easier to move the cards along with progress of the project.

Cons

The only con with this software is that there is no reporting features

JS

Janice S.

I LOVE TRELLO!

I love it. It's fully integrated into tracking graphic design projects and deadlines. It acts as a workboard for all open projects and preparation or project archivess.

Pros

Trello is a piece of software that I can not live without. It is easily my favorite piece of software for project management and organization. It's customizable, so it can be as minimal or robust as needed. It works with other software (like Zapier) for automation.

Cons

I will be honest, I love this software so it's hard to think of changes. But it might be difficult to use if you're not organized. So maybe having pre-set/designed organization templates would be helpful.

CM

Chris M.

Food Production, 1-10 employees

Trello For a Small Business

We did not have any expectations for this software, and it met out basic needs so i have no complaints.

Pros

No learning curve. Simple drag and drop cards. Very minimal design. It did a good job of helping separate our functions and break them down into easy to follow steps.

Cons

User Interface and design was not as modern as hoped. Not a very broad range of features. It would be great if we could do a bit more with the product (build in checklist features maybe).

MC

MARGARET C.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Cost Effective and Organized

Love Trello, it helps me stay organized and communicate easily to others.

Pros

The ability to keep things as simple or as complex as I want to. I am able to keep projects organized by level of priority, in addition to communicating that information to collaborators in a quick and seamless manner.

Cons

I would like the ability to add email/text notifications as to when projects are added so if I have someone I want to know that something has been added to a particular list they are notified. Maybe there is a way to do this already and I have not done enough digging to find that feature. Otherwise I don't have any cons, thanks!

Patrick R.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Trello - Organize your thoughts and track your processes

It's a great concept. I go back to it every month or two, convinced I need it. However, once I start using it, that one flaw keeps coming back - the inability to arrange the content.

Pros

The best thing about Trello is it is free to start using and for basic functionality. The free version is enough for my needs.

Cons

The thing I don't like about Trello is there is no easy way to organize content. The UI allows the creation of cards that are displayed left-to-right, then top-to-bottom, and that's it. This is _the_ one reason I don't use it more. I need the ability to arrange cards freely and to establish connections between them, and I can't.

Allie B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

I *heart* Trello

Working on a creative team, we use Trello to complete projects from other teams. It's easy because we can just send them a link or add them to the card to see the progress and then if they want to request/change something, it's as simple as dropping a comment.

Pros

As an organization freak, I LOVE Trello! It keeps my thoughts organized on a private board and then from a team standpoint, it's easy to see what everyone is working on. There are different columns, labels, boards, sections and it's so great no matter how big your team is. You can add people to requests, tag others, and even communicate openly that way everyone is on the same page.

Cons

The background selection is limited, but also if you have tons of boards, it really doesn't matter. Other than that, it's a great software and I enjoy using it.

Christopher F.

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trello has been a fundamental change in how our team works, increasing productivity & transparency.

Complete project organization, upward management, priority setting, team visibility to workload

Pros

Trello has a fantastic graphical interface that allows you to provide high visibility to your project load and sort it appropriately. Feature rich without being overly complex, Trello manages your workload upward so supervisors are kept in the know. I don't exaggerate when I see it has been a transformative piece of software for myself and team.

Cons

I wish you could add due dates to individual checklist items in a card. This seems like a no brainer. I'm not sure why it doesn't exist when everything else is so well thought out.

Chris D.

Consumer Goods,

Outstanding tool for tracking tasks in a workflow

Very fast to configure and add team members. Easy to see all tasks that are in flight across the company.

Pros

I benefited most from the ability to duplicate existing lists. Our workflow involves many repeat tasks for each project, so this allows for setting up new projects quickly without missing any steps. Configuring each task is very simple and tasks can be dragged when you need to reorder. There are many integration options to other applications.

Cons

I wish the due date notifications for a task would include the name of the list the task is currently on because many of our tasks are named the same but live on different lists. I also wish the tasks could be a given a start and end date rather than a mere due date so that I could see the totality of work happening for any given day.

TR

Troy R.

Printing, 1-10 employees

Organization for the unorganized

Pros

I have been using Trello for almost 3 years now, and have loved it. There is so many options available to customize your task list. This has worked great with the extension on my email to create new cards and sync it with my calendar. Very easy to make changes to cards, look back on previous lists or cards. I have a few co-workers that I use the job boards with and we are able to clearly communicate via Trello.

Cons

The only thing that I have not loved is that on the mobile app when I try and move a card from the bottom of my list to the top, it takes a few tries to get it so it will move.

SH

Samuel H.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Bored of lists? Try Boards!

Giving clients line of sight on projects that we are collaborating on together, to track progress and look at tasks together.

Pros

If you're looking for a replacement for the masses of post-it notes on your wall, then trello is definitely the right solution for you!

Cons

Boards get a bit constraining in my opinion, and having managed many boards with multiple clients it can quickly become disorganised and noisy to look at.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Trello is your daily managing tool

Pros

Super easy and fast interface. You don't even notice that you don't search for the options. They are there where you expect'em. Greate and intuitive interface which you can even customize it. I like the option that I can get more integrations but I am feeling kinda of limited because every time I have to pay off each. I think you should offer packages!

Cons

Overall there are no critical issues. The only thing that I miss is that you can not create subtasks. You can create a list of tasks on one card but there is no option for description or annotate it with an image or even give this subtask an end date.

Bart M.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Quick & easy drag & drop style project management

We use the tool as our daily driver for project management and kanban-style workflow management. It is simple to use, both for our developers who spend hours per day as for my occassional feedback time when requested.

Pros

As the product owner I am less involved in the day to day project management of all the jobs that need to be done. The notification system and easy commenting related to individual tasks make it easy to provide relevant input where my input is needed and avoid being dragged along too many other items I don't care about. On top of that, our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] keeps a good job of keeping tasks organised per sprint so I have a clear and immediate overview of how things are moving forward.

Cons

When there are too many tasks, I tend to loose the overview. As product owner, I tried to use a board for roadmapping but with so many ideas and potential features, over time I stopped using Trello as I lost overview on the many cards.

Warehousing, 51-200 employees

For what it is, Trello is the best on the market

Trello is a great tool when used for task management. I have seen groups attempt to use it for roadmapping, project communication and other implementations that I do not believe it to be a good fit for.

Pros

-Great for task organization and management -Modular design allows for ease of separation between personal and professional boards -Collaborative with permission control -Extremely user friendly, intuitive UI -Free version is rather robust / non limiting for many users

Cons

-No major 'cons' other than not mistaking what this product is and is not intended for. -Notification system can sometimes get a little noisy

JL

Jennifer L.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great Software

Pros

We love that we area small enough that we do not need to purchase anything that their free version works for us. A larger company may need to purchase Trello. I love the ability to access from an app (Mac) or from the website so I a connected on any device if needed. We definitely don't use it to its fullest capacity but it is a very nice balance for our employees that need lists and ability to check things off and our other employees who are less "list motivated"

Cons

There isn't much I dislike but it is a little confusing for our employees who are on multiple boards. There is tiny learning curve as there is with most softwares but once you get past that then it is very easy yo use.

DP

Drew P.

Great for personal organization

Great! Keeps me organized and also allows me to see the big picture with different clients and their projects.

Pros

A few coworkers and I use this product for our personal organization. Our company has between 15-20 different clients with different needs at any given time, so it is great to have a place where projects can be organized by client while also all being visible at the same time. The ability to assign projects a due date and attachments is also a big plus.

Cons

Would love the ability to select multiple cards at a time when trying to delete/ archive them. This would help me keep my boards clear of old projects.

HS

Hanah S.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

A Simple Great Site

I would suggest if anyone is looking for a site that is simple, but can help you organize this is it. It's not complicated at all. I kept looking for a site that can help me stay organized. There are so many, but I like unique ones. This helped me organize myself in a unique way with my project team. I also love how everything is put together and you can change the background of your boards. You can put the colors how you want them. If you have certain boards you want to write private stuff on you can by using the personal or private option that is available. Quick and easy website.

Pros

I love new organizational sites and I love to stay organized. This one is on the top of my list. I hate to be disorganized especially with the team I work with. I love to work on projects with people with great creative ideas. When I have great ideas, I need a great place to work on these ideas and this is a good example. I love how I can specifically name a board and put my idea list on the board....

Cons

I don't like it how there are just a few options for the notification frequency area. It would be nice to set it how I want. I may want notifications at a certain time or on a certain day. Sometimes, I work on certain projects on a certain day, so it would be nice to be able to set it how I want.

Jorge P.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great software for having control workflows

So far my expericence have been very successfull, I move from having not organize projects to have them very structure.

Pros

What I like the most fo Trello is that it helps me keep my projects organize and segmentate, also that it give me enough boards to start my business using the free version.

Cons

So far the only thing that I don't like is that in the mobile version sometimes the push notifications doesn't match the actual change.