Trello Logo

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

Trello Reviews - Page 94

23,178 reviews

David Q.

Design, 11-50 employees

A good way to organize projects but not a CRM

We used Trello before we moved to a dedicated CRM system. Eventually there were too many clients and too much information requiring specific deadlines for Trello to be effective for us.

Pros

I like that Trello provides an easy way to visually see what projects you are currently working on, and offers the ability for others to collaborate on said projects by updating "cards." It is fairly simple to create a custom card, and you can even enhance it with a picture or logo to help separate similar projects. Moving cards to different stages in a process is quite easy and provides a quick way to see where each project is within a timeline. It is also nice that you can set Trello up to jump directly to your email, or phone to contact clients based on the information on their card. No need for cut and paste.

Cons

The software offers no easy way to set reminders for yourself, other than checking each card individually. When you are working on only a few projects, this is an inexpensive way to keep your team organized, however when the number of projects increase, and as timelines become more important, this program loses its value.

SA

Scott A.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Keep It Simple!

Pros

Simplicity. There are so many other task and project management tools. Trello is used by 7- and 8- figure businesses we work with. We used to think it was just about moving cards from left to right, then they pile up and get out of order. It took some time to realize we could make static boards with colored labels indicating status of cards. This allows us to create project templates that can be understood at a glance. And it seems we can have unlimited people view boards.

Cons

It seems limited in that you can't nest tasks within subtasks, like Asana. Over the years, we realized how nested tasks can get lost. Trello is really great because it's all in your face. We can see what we want to see fast.

Kevin B.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Wading into the Trello

Trello is being used by several "sister" businesses. I explored several options and decided to use the software as well. So far, it's been easy to get started and easy to use. I have one other employee that I'm introducing to the software and the process and they jumped right in with little to no ramp up. We're still in the beginning stages of our journey with the software. I expect our usage will expand over time.

Pros

Easy to start. Visually intuitive. Overall, it's easy to use. Like many software systems, there is a trade off. Either you get a software package that is very good at doing something in a narrowly defined way or you get a software system that can do everything and you have to figure out what to do with it. Trello is closer to the second description. You have to figure out what you want it to do and then work to curate the options and tools to do that.

Cons

There are so many options and approaches, it was not immediately clear how to get started. It's easy to start using the software, but using it in a way that will be productive took some education. Found most of my "How To" information on Youtube vs on the site. Design training for how to use the software would be a good addition to the site.

René R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Simple and Good

Pros

Really easy to understand, slim and neat. Not as bloated as other products, so onboarding is intuitive and a matter of literal minutes.

Cons

Trello is not as flexible as other products when it comes to creating custom logic and workflows.

JY

Jon Y.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Trello Review

Overall Trello in a great app for smaller teams. When the team size grows, things could get...messy. Since we outgrew Trello, we had to change applications, but up until that point we enjoyed using Trello.

Pros

I really liked that Trello can be integrated with a bunch of other office applications like Google Forms, Slack, and Monday.com. I also liked the different plugins that we could use to modify our board. When we set due dates on different cards, TeamGantt would layout our schedule in an easy to read format.

Cons

I didn't like the horizontal scrolling. It was okay for small boards, but once we got a larger team and needed more card columns, it started to get unbearable. It just wasn't that "clean" anymore and a few members on our team went back to paper scheduling instead of using the app.

SC

Steve C.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Simple project and talk management

Sharing talks, project details, deadline and document storage

Pros

A very easy learning curve and can be used as a simple task manager or as a way to manage projects with bigger teams. Everything just works.

Cons

Long term projects with teams bigger than 5 people would get difficult to track

KO

Kristy O.

Great tool once you figure it out

Pros

Trello is an awesome project/time/team management tool. It allows members to work individually or collaboratively as a team. There are a lot of really cool features like reminders, labels, priority tabs, and you can also include team members on some projects and not others on the same board. The checklist option is my favorite. It allows everyone to see what I have worked on and what's left.

Cons

This software, while great, is not really user friendly. I have to admit that it took a while for me to learn. Some software that I have used in the past, I was able to figure out on my own. This one, I had to google and Youtube. There are a lot of great content on Trello, it just takes time to read it. Definitely not something that you can jump into overnight.

SW

Sierra W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Fun Project Organization and Collaboration Software

My experience with Trello has been very positive. The software is super helpful for both personal and professional projects. It has made project organization more fun and enjoyable.

Pros

The interface is fun to use and makes it very easy to organize project ideas, tasks, plans, and documents. It is similar to social media bookmarking sites but with more advanced features and for professional use, so it feels familiar and fun. I like the boards feature because I like to organize projects visually. You can invite people to view a board so you can discuss the project with collaborators, colleagues, and even clients. Another thing I like most is that it is free to use. The checklists and due dates have made it so I never miss deadlines for project tasks and deadlines no longer creep up on me.

Cons

I have no complaints about Trello but my least favorite feature was the power-ups because it was hard to learn how to use them at first.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Good software for time and task management

What i appreciate about Trello is that it's a collaboration tool for ideas, teams and boards. It is a free online tool that makes it easy for anyone at any company to create and manage all of the projects they’re working on in one place. Organize your ideas and keep track of tasks so you can stay on top of everything as it moves forward. this software also provides easy-to-understand boards for organizing team member’s tasks, and automatically updates every member’s boards when work items are added or changed

Pros

Trello is a time management and project management tool built for teams that helps you organize your projects, prioritize tasks and stay focused on work. It's simple, intuitive, beautiful and always connected to the people (and information) you need.

Cons

This software is user friendly, but there are times when it takes time to understand. The one feature I dislike about it is trying to keep track of multiple tasks, which can be overwhelming at times.

TT

Thomas T.

Internet, self-employed

Trello helps your getting organized and efficient

I mostly use Trello to keep a track of my projects progress. Add tasks and update the status of these tasks.

Pros

Thanks to Trello it's easy to see in a glance the status of your project, the activity of the users.

Cons

Visually speaking it could be better (more parameters for texts, colors etc)

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

We have had great success

The ability to send out daily tasks to student staff in a way they could easily understand. We eliminated a lot of clipboards and paperwork.

Pros

I like the look of the dashboard. It really is easy to look the different boards, no matter how you define them, or set them up. We use it to communicate with student staff, running an operation on a different floor, and after regular business hours. We also use it to share info with our campus foodservice vendor that we share info with, regarding food safety and fundraisers with student organizations. Checklists, task lists, new instructions - all those things are easy to share.

Cons

I wish I could link a task to my (or someone else's) Google calendar, as an extra reminder. I also wish I could mandate notifications for users.

João Victor G.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to use productivity and project management tool

Great productivity tool that allows a very easy and visual flow of information (and also the flexibility on what is is that information or process) and seamless collaboration with teams.

Pros

The interface is very easy to learn and very visual! Therefore, is easy to just drag cards into different columns that can be anywhere from agile tasks to personal to dos. Trello does very well to offer many possibilities to integrate with other tools and also to collaborate on the same board with more people.

Cons

There are no simple reports or statistics feature embedded directly within Trello. There are indeed some extensions, but most of them are paid.

FG

Fredrick G.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Great for project management!

Pros

I like it’s ease of use, quality UI design and price point.

Cons

I think it’s great all around so I can’t really think of anything wrong with it.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trello - Great tool for Agile Project Management

I have had a great experience using Trello. It allows me to organize my projects and miscellaneous tasks. It has overall improved my efficiency.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive design, ease of access (web-based)

Cons

The free version only allows 10 Trello boards. While this may be enough for the common user, some may need more. Trello offers an update to premium, but this is associated with a cost.

KA

Kaitlin A.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

My Go-To Team Tool

Pros

Trello is a tool that I've carried with me throughout my time at a handful of jobs. It helps keep my brain organized and is easy to pull team members into. I like that it can be as simple or complex as I need it to be. I can customize the elements I need to use and make it easy for others to learn the language/organization of it all.

Cons

It can be a little intimidating at first when learning about the things I don't use every day. It's both a pro and a con, because it's very expansive, which means it can grow with me and the team. But, learning all of the aspects of it has been a bit tougher.

TC

Thomas C.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great and simple user interface. But lacks productivity.

Pros

Very easy to create new cards, edit cards. It has an app, web app.

Cons

It used to be an advantaged, because pressing "delete" will archive a card. However, a few years ago, this feature was taken out (for whatever reasons), and now, finishing a card requires me to point my mouse to "Archive" button. Or there could be another shortcut I don't know or can never remember, but certainly not as convenient as the "delete" button. This affects my productvitiy and now I'm slowly moving away from this software due to this reason.

MN

MJ N.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Love the concept ... but more trouble than it's worth?

I really wanted to love Trello and used it faithfully for about a year. But it just seemed ... clunky. So many steps just to get to a card, enter whatever info I needed, and then FIND that card again when I needed it. I couldn't figure out how to best organize the cards to make sense and make them easily accessible to me. So much info was buried in the cards that you can't see on the surface. I still use it but not as regularly as I hoped. Much of it is out of date now and needs a thorough cleaning. ;)

Pros

The interface is very nicely done! Functions quickly and I don't think it's every been inaccessible to me. The apps are very handy and easy to use. Lots of features -- like the drag and drop!

Cons

Feel like there's so much info in each card but it's kinda hard to find it -- and to identify the important stuff. List names are kinda limited so hard to describe and discern each list. They all look the same. And just so many steps to find a list, find a card, open and enter info, then close card/list. Would like to open more than one at a time to compare/multitask.

CC

Camilo C.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

To high performance team workers

Coordinate my own task (personal targets) and follow it, using a proper methodology based on an a non comercial methodology was very easy when I need to adapt Trello to Generative Leadership Action Management practice. Then manage a team using this methodology was very easy to deploy it. Trello is made to be flexible regarding to be open to different methodologies of action management and project management.

Pros

Easy to use Project flow flexibility, and ability to be adapted to different project needs in terms of customization of project boards.

Cons

Poor reports to help in follow tasks that the project managers need. Fail in the new way to bring project status info (pipe line)

Mario P.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 employees

Trello has it all!

I’m using it with my team, the other departments of the company and even with external clients and suppliers. You can have every project on the same interface and you can keep track of every task.

Pros

It is super easy to use and you can accomplish so much by using Trello has a light project manager. For most part of your projects you just don’t have the time to do it with very sophisticated tools, so Trello it’s the perfect tool to help you keep those projects on track with everybody involved.

Cons

I already saw other tools that are a little bit more good and appealing than Trello but they don’t have so many functionalities and power ups.

Ari R.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Great tool for project management

It's a great software and one we use daily in the office. Not only can it track all steps of a project, it can also add members of the team, they can post their status on the project, comment, set due dates. It's also got a beautiful interface and it's really easy to use, not to mention it's cross platforms too, which makes it easier to always stay on top of things. I recommend it.

Pros

The Pros are: - Ease of use (very simple to get around!) - Beautiful user interface - 100% shareable with the team - Tracking statuses of projects and other tasks

Cons

I haven't been able to find a few cons yet. It's pretty complete to my needs.

DA

Doreen A.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Trello and what is being worked on

My overall experience with Trello has been satisfactory because my projects are completed accurately and they all meet deadlines.

Pros

I liked most about the software includes knowing who is working on what. I can assign a project to all the teammates and each teammate has something different to complete. When they are finished completing their part of the project, Trello updates the project for all other users to see. This allows all of the teammates to know what still needs to be completed.

Cons

This software was difficult to understand in the beginning but once I used it more often I was able to grasp the technique.

Romy A.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trello: The best Project Management Platform

Trello is one of the best project management tools that we currently have. This is the millenial's Kanban board that really works!

Pros

I tend to forget a lot of things especially if you are juggling yourself with work, school, and personal life, but I was able to discover Trello, and it helped me avoid forgetting things that I should do. It helps me avoid cracks along the way, and it makes me a responsible person. What I like about Trello is the flexibility for me to categorize things on how I want my tasks to be divided in a day....

Cons

I don't have any negative comment with this app. Maybe sometimes it is hard to click drag the items but it is just a matter of patience and it seldom occurs so still all good!

TG

Terry G.

Entertainment, self-employed

Keeps Me Organized

I use Trello in several ways. For my novels, I organize chapters, scenes, characters and settings. For my blogs, I track drafts and posts in various areas. For the projects I am working on with others, I gives me an excellent means to collaborate and organize ideas.

Pros

Easy to use and highly flexible. I can shift ideas around, rearrange scenes and posts ans share with other people.

Cons

Every thing works well. I have no suggestions for improvement. Easy to us at my computer or with my mobile tools.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

O grande gerenciado de fluxo de tarefa

O Trello é incrivelmente útil no controle de um projeto. É possível determinar as etapas do processo e quais tarefas serão utilizadas em cada etapa, facilitando o controle.

Pros

Muito fácil de usar, ótima apresentação, dinâmico e ajuda muito no dia a dia do desenvolvimento de uma atividade ou projeto.

Cons

Acredito que se tivesse algum jeito de automatizar a mudança de etapa, seria muito útil.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

DR

Dolly R.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Trello for Projects

Pros

We use Trello to submit and monitor Marketing Requests. If we have a marketing need, like a graphic for social media. The media manager receives the request in a Trello card. They then assign the task to a graphic designer by moving the card to their column. The designer then can ask questions by tagging us in a comment. They can also upload the graphic and tag us for approval. It works awesome for our needs.

Cons

We have noticed that loading the page can take a while. This probably has to do with the volume of cards, comments and attachments we have on our board. We try to avoid this by creating separate boards for completed items so that we can move them off of the active board, but still have access to previous projects if needed.