Trello Logo

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

Trello Reviews - Page 95

23,178 reviews

Delphina S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

The Online Project Management Tool You Need

Trello is an amazing resource to help cultivate teamwork. It’s super user friendly and is easy to train new people on. Plus, the option to change color scheme is a nice touch and allows the user to feel like it’s more personal.

Pros

To put it plainly, everything. I never imagined that a tool such as Trello was necessary, until I used it. It provided more benefits than just organization. It also enables co workers to communicate more frequently and more effectively.

Cons

There was nothing about Trello that I didn’t like. Maybe there could be more options of alerting people on their desktops about upcoming deadlines, etc.

JV

József V.

Great project management tool for smaller projects

Pros

Trello was my everyday project management tools for years. Lately i decided to use another application for project management. But. It's great tool for those who need something to start with. Trello's visual approach is great to get an overview of tasks to be done. It's great for collaborative team work. Great powerups has been implemented, which make work easier: Custom fields, Calendar view, Google Drive and Evernote integration. It has Gmail, Zapier and IFTTT integration too.

Cons

I missed only two things. One is real-time sync with Google Calendar. The other one was swimlanes.

MV

Megan V.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

still the gold standard

Trello taught me how I like to organize my classroom workflow. It was super clarifying to use.

Pros

I like literally everything about it--from the flexibility customizing, the number of free features, the data and reports it can generate, the automatic rules it can set up. I even like the emails with tips they send out!

Cons

My school district eventually blocked it from our because Microsoft flags it. MS has its own suite of project management apps, so if your workplace uses the O365/Teams set-up, be prepared for them to yank Trello.

JO

Jose O.

I can manage my projects, daily activities and studies in an orderly manner through small task board

Pros

Trello is a web application (it is in the cloud) to make lists within lists (describing it in a very basic way). What makes it unique is its versatility: To each element of a list you can add everything: other lists, images, videos, documents, etc. In addition, it is extremely powerful for collaborative use. You can add any number of users, assign tasks, set deadlines (it has its own calendar, which you can synchronize with Google's).

Cons

Its graphical interface is in the English language and not everyone knows the language A confirmation email is needed You do not get updates notifications

Autumn R.

Great program for tracking training!

Pros

This program is simple and easy to use. I oversee the training of more than 200 employees, who are all in various places in 8 levels of training. Our training team consists of 10-15 trainers, and I am easily able to track what is happening at each location. The due dates are beneficial in keeping things organized without adding countless extra items to my calendar. With the ability to recover archived files rather than lose deleted lists, I am able to easily able to correct mistakes or view old cards. While most of my trainers use the app on their phones or tablets to record training, I typically use the website. There is very little downtime between their tracking and my ability to see where they are.

Cons

My team has at times complained of the app freezing or crashing. I have not experienced any issues on the website, and they do not seem be experiencing any issues with this at present.

KO

Katherine O.

Music, 1-10 employees

Easy and customizable

Pros

Very easy to jump in and start using. In a prior role, I used Trello to offer transparency during sale to fulfillment arc. In my current position, I introduced Trello to my sales teammates as an easy and customizable place to keep track of day to day info that frequently changes.

Cons

I don’t have any complaints whatsoever. I don’t use Trello to it’s full capabilities and am sure other folks have found tweaks that could be made. But for me, I am in love with the quality and easy user experience.

Gareth B.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Useful tool which quickly becomes indispensable

Planning and tracking progress for team sprints, putting ideas together for new projects, storing information about products and even use it at home as a household todo and planner.

Pros

The free tier gives you most of the functionality you need, there are lots of integrations and reasonably priced add-ins. Quickly becomes the go-to tool for any planning or team task. Easy and intuitive interface can be used by any level of team member.

Cons

Almost too easy to setup new boards can lead to board proliferation. Some handy manipulation features are hidden behind paid power-ups (which is reasonable given the functionality you get for free).

ND

Nagela D.

Trello Won't Let You Down

A great experience for my equally left and right brained way of thinking.

Pros

I was feeling overwhelmed by main project management software and just wanted a chance to reset for the new year and set up systems for everyday success. I remember now why I was such a big fan of Trello before being caught up in the glitzing and glam of newer options. It is truly a visual ,simple buy dynamic way to plan your project from a big picture and more detailed view.

Cons

One con with Trello is the ability to have a complete overview or project status of a board. Are we on track? How many task are we late by and so on.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Easy to use and great for managing your tasks and projects

Pros

As a team, we loved the ease-of-use and allowing anyone to be able to jump in and understand what you were looking at. The interface is simple yet powerful, allowing you to add further "power-ups" and integrations for better task management,

Cons

Sometimes the site can get a little slow. This is especially true if you have large boards with a lot of cards. Another downside is the lack of views. For the most part (and outside of paid integrations), the Trello board and lists are identical across the ecosystem of Trello. This has meant that we use other tools to show higher level items and timelines.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Great Project Management Tool!

Since we adopted Trello I have found it more user friendly than some other project management tools such as JIRA. I have separate dashboards that allow me to track the progress of individual employee workloads, customer contract status and team performance.

Pros

I use Trello everyday while at work and have created different dashboards for projects that are in-flight or that are being planned. Its ability to allow users to drag cards from one category to another makes it very easy to use and the features such as tagging other team members in comments, attaching links/documents, creating customer checklists and adding Salesforce Power-Ups are all part of the user experience.

Cons

I have yet to find many cons of using Trello in my job and so far really enjoying the tool.

Will P.

The ultimate task lists you can turn into dashboards or workflows to share with members or your team

Pros

It's as simple a UI as possible to create lists with tasks that make it very useful for various things from pulling in data to being used to manage your workflows. You can turn your lists into dashboards to share with members or your team. I have even created roadmaps to develop a project. Trello has become my default tool to manage projects and the tasks, being able to share with a team is excellent.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike, but you are restricted by how the platform works, it takes practice to get used to how to use the Trello platform for project management, but it can be done.

FD

Faith D.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Trello

If you are looking for something for your employees to use for project management and idea management, Trello is a good recommendation. You are able to share boards with coworkers and create teams to be able share and collaborate with each other.

Pros

You are able to have multiple different boards. You are able to collaborate with co-workers on ongoing projects. You are able to have multiple projects going at once. You have the ability to label different projects so this way you are able to rank them as well.

Cons

I use this daily and I have yet to come across a feature that I don't like or that I have a problem with.

ML

Mike Lester R.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Trello is the most widely used Project Management tool to date

The overall experience / onboarding on the Trello software is much more seamless than any other software I have used. It just feels so natural right off the bat, to manage your project or operations using this boards and cards / task list concept. It feels very RIGHT!

Pros

What I liked most about Trello is the simplicity and ease of using the software. Every technical and non-technical resource I know who has worked on projects, products, or even managing operations is familiar with Trello. It has been the unspoken Gold standard for Project Management and everytime there is a new product out to challenge this product, they always compare it with Trello in terms of the functionalities and how simple things can done and managed for a project, product, or even entire operations.

Cons

Maybe the least liked about the software is its missing communication (real time) features wherein this portion is being addressed by other software like Slack and Flock.

Liam S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Redundant not revolutionary

Pros

Trello fills the niche for some, but not for me or my team. But let's start with the good. People love the vertical board layout. It's highly intuitive. Adding to it, editing, and rearranging the information is all very easy. And the sleek no-frills design keeps the main thing the main thing. You're not distracted by bells and whistles, you're there to get the job done (or more likely report on the work you've done elsewhere). It's a great solution for individual users, or teams with a limited amount of information to handle. But as with anything, multiplicity of data quickly becomes complex and out of control (more on that below).

Cons

At the end of the day, Trello is a good idea but doesn't take my team all the way to where we need to be. I find it redundant to better project management tools like Asana, or spreadsheet software like Airtable. Trello has some of the same features, but falls short in big ways. If I were just thinking of Trello for individual use, I might feel differently. But in a team setting, I think there are better things out there. Its very minimalism, while a pro, is ultimately its downfall.

Taylor P.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

I use trello for everything

Pros

From project planning to my day to day work to-dos I use Trello all the time at work. I even find the suggestions that are sent via email to be super helpful and I often use the example boards (a few years ago at my previous company we adopted the onboarding board with pictures of the teams, descriptions of where to put in requests etc) I've used it for employee reviews and audits and group requests. I also use it at home, from listing our doctor and plumber phone numbers to a weekly grocery list!

Cons

I wish it were possible to do batch actions like batch tag an entire list.

TP

Tushar P.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

All in one solution for Task Management and Project management

I would definitely recommend this software to everyone who manages the Tasks and multiple Projects.

Pros

It provides tons of features like adding member to cards, defining the due dates for orders, custom button to trigger the actions.

Cons

There is no major cons i felt till now, as it runs flawlessly.

ES

Ed S.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Simple and effective task and project management platform

Using Trello is simple and straight forward and the visual layout makes it easy to manage tasks and projects

Pros

Visual board tasks making it easy to manage projects and assigned team members and clients

Cons

Lacked integrations we wanted to connect

LN

Lacey N.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Keeps My Team On Task

Trello has made our workflow easier in the marketing department and allows us to track approvals and projects.

Pros

We started using Trello to help organize our editorial magazine calendar. We track projects every step this way. From idea, to content, to approvals - I do it all in Trello. I also love the freedom to customize the look of this product.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about this software. I was even able to sync the calendar to a master marketing calendar.

AL

Alley L.

Trellos - Pluses and Minues

I enjoy Trello because it works for me as a Visual learner. I've done PMO work for 5 years now and it''s the best tool that works for how I operate.

Pros

Trellos is pretty easy-to-use for the visual learner. If you are able to visualize and "bucket" your thoughts, this is the PMO system for you. The Search Bar is awesome and accurate. I never feel as though anything is lost.

Cons

The add-ons are infinite and I am not sure which add-ons offered are the "best" at what they do. Which is the best Gantt chart app out of the 2-3 offered? Also, I wish there is a Master Board to allow users to see when ALL CARDS are due across all boards.

PB

Phil B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Trello is My Goto PM Software

Pros

The visual display and the ease of getting a board and cards setup is great! I use it daily to see my overall plan and projects with one quick glance.

Cons

So far I have found little I don't like about Trello.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Trello is the tool to use to manage projects

It's a great tool that let me manage different projects. It doesn't matter the amount of people or complexity of the tasks, as it is the perfect digital representation of a project

Pros

It's super easy to start a new project, assign team members and set the initial cards. You can personalize the look & feel and the information that you want to be displayed. You can keep things simple, or play with the additional features to have lots of information into every card.

Cons

They could add aditional features. Today for logging work time I use an extension for Trello. It would be nice to have that one and other features in the tool directly.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great for a few projects

Enjoyed using it in limited capabilities - plus it's free! Designers seem to love the visual elements of Trello Gets hard to use once you add plug-ins for scheduling or want too many tags

Pros

Trello is well developed with integrations to google drive, notes, links, checklists It's perfect for working with one consultant on a project (for example, content writing team for blog) or for one of your own initiatives Modern and intuitive, with a few perks made for those with a design eye - select your own background & color-code Good for documenting straightforward, repetitive tasks/processes

Cons

Once you get to several projects, or your projects become very complex, Trello has a hard time managing Many projects become a long side menu, or complex projects become too hard to keep updated It presents all its data in one way only, with popups with more details Can be hard to get a team, or even a few different members, to use in a standard way

Marc H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

So Simple, Yet So Powerful

How can something so simple as a card sorting platform be so powerful and helpful for so many different applications?! As a digital marketing agency, we utilize Trello for internal content boards and project tracking boards as well as client-facing campaign boards that track monthly deliverables and their status in a simple and interactive form. We moved from other project and task management platforms that were a little bulky and hard to sort through to Trello and haven't looked back!

Pros

Extremely simple to set up and use, even a non-tech-savvy person could get along with Trello. Easily customizeable for different projects you want to use it for. Completely free (there's a pro version but there's almost no reason to pay for the seemingly unnecessary upgrades you get with it). Provides an at-a-glance view of all cards yet is also sortable for different variables (card owners, due dates, label types, etc.). Integrates with a number of other platforms including Slack, Google Docs and Salesforce to name a few!

Cons

It's getting bigger which means they're creating more functions that will soon (if not already) be hidden behind paid accounts. Not a huge issue but one that early adopters always deal with. Also, the due date function could be better when it comes to reminding you of a card that is getting close to or past its due date. If you have multiple Trello boards, some of these email reminders can get lost in the shuffle.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use, simple!

We use it for project management in sprints. listing all the activities that need to be delivered, sharing centrally with the entire team.

Pros

An easy way to organize and share with those involved. easy way to move cards between phases. 34/5000 allows you to create customized phases.

Cons

When you have a lot of activities at the stage table, the visualization gets a little loaded. could have more options for summary view.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Effective Boards for Operations Management

It really helped our team a lot in managing daily operations tasks and activities

Pros

Being in support, Trello helped a lot in managing daily tasks and operations using its effective boards where you can easily drag the task from one board to another. Also, you can specify the person working on the task along with other useful information and track the progress of the task. The boards make it easier to sort tasks as compared to the to-do lists which is why Trello is highly preferred.

Cons

It is for general project management only where tasks dependencies cannot be defined