Trello Logo

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

Trello Reviews - Page 96

23,178 reviews

JM

Jonathan M.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Invaluable tool when used in a targeted way

Pros

Very easy to use. I have introduced this tool to many people who find it easy to learn, so there is not a steep learning curve. We use this to streamline weekly recurring tasks in the office, and the feature set is perfect for that. It keeps us on task so nothing gets missed. We also use this for medium sized projects where just a list of tasks is not enough, but a full-blown project management tool would be way overkill (this is a lot of projects by the way). Mobile app is high quality and easy to use. The free features are a great way to get started, and surprisingly functional.

AC

Alina C.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Can't live without it

Pros

I can't say enough good things about trello. As a Communications Director and Social Media Manager, I need access to copy and images on both desktop and mobile, and trello helps me keep my campaigns organized with all the elements together. I work for two organizations, and like that I can keep a separate board for each. In the past I have used trello to coordinate with other staff members. As a working parent, I use another board to organize my many lists - things to do, things to buy, long-term goals, etc. And as a Getting Things Done devotee, I use trello to organize my tasks according to the GTD methodology.

Cons

The formatting capabilities in the description field could be more robust.

OA

Oscar Andres M.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trello como gestionador de Tareas

Pros

su facilidad de uso, la organizacion que tiene para visualizar las tareas y controlarlas, ademas de la integracion con los demas productos atlassian como bickbucket, ademas de productos google, como gmail, google sheets y otros como slack y team chat

Cons

un poco la interface de usuario pero realmente es algo minimo, es muy buen producto

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Kyle M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

The more I use Trello, the more I want to use Trello

I use Trello every day for managing work projects, company meetings, team management, and even other personal things like house projects and band set lists. I love it more every day.

Pros

I am constantly coming up with new reasons to use Trello. It started with some work project and then became dozens more boards for my job and then boards for my side projects and boards for my household projects and even a board for my band. There are so many use cases and the experience is great each time.

Cons

There are occasional upsells to Trello Gold but it just doesn't offer anything I really need. If it were more compelling I might buy it.

pb

panashe b.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Great Software

overall 10/10

Pros

I love how trello is easy to use as a team. It's so straightforward and has a great interface.

Cons

When a card expires, It doesn't paster you enough about it.I think more reminders should be added.

FS

Fernando S.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Go to software for implementing agile culture

Since I started adopting and working with Agile frameworks, Trello has been a daily coworker of mine. All business decisions passed by Trello, from brainstorming ideas to planning long projects.

Pros

What I like most about Trello is that you simply install it and start using it. It is so simple to create boards, columns and cards that you can basically manage everything, from remote teams to your own personal life.

Cons

I find it sometimes very basic, but to be honest I have never explored more advanced features, integrations. Also, I have never considered a plan. Maybe that could have changed my mind, finding it a more complete software.

NM

Naseem M.

Accounting, self-employed

Excellent product

This is an amazing product and solves so many paper trail issue. I absolutely love this digital product.

Pros

Easy to use, organization of notes is awesome. You can make various cards and edit any of them with out issues.

Cons

Sometimes,I worry if the editing is easy, that could erase the crucial notes easily. Not sure if we can lock the cards so it won't be easily erased?

Joan C.

Higher Education,

Trello basically runs my life

I use Trello to run everything - my team's work for my full-time job, my fiance and I's personal life, my log of books read and to read, and the contract work company I run. I previously used it to manage large projects for a distributed team. It's amazing!

Pros

Even at the free level I can accomplish a TON - many boards with many collaborators and even some custom looks. I also love some of the add-ins like CardCounter.

Cons

I'd like to be able to have new cards added to the top of a list instead of the bottom (and the addition box sitting at the top instead of the bottom). And I'm pretty sure there might even be a way to do that, but I haven't figured it out yet.

zs

zeghoudi s.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

The best experience lovely Trello !

What an amazing experience with Trello, i benefited a lot from this platform in establishing partnership and cooperation and developing teamwork using its modern tools. Thank you, keep it up.

Pros

What I loved most about this platform is the ease of working on it and finding full cooperation between partners

Cons

It may be the security aspect of the platform, but with updates it can be fixed

AC

Anthony C.

Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees

Trello is great!

We use it for everything. We started with a simple message board for admin and sales to communicate with our dispatch dept. I now have 15 frequently used boards and many other boards as caches for other info, case study results, etc. Recall of information is great, and accessible from any cpu or device.

Pros

It's easy! Easy accessibility Easy way to communicate with and among a team. It can be applied in many different ways to just about any job, project, or specific task.

Cons

I was excited when Butler first came out, but it didn't function consistently. I've since stop using it, but I was considering trying it again hoping that they've worked out the bugs.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Trello for everyone

I still use it on personal capacity and helped me to be more organized

Pros

it is very very easy to learn, free version gives you a lot of options.

Cons

it is very hard to export from Trello specially on free version and they charged us a lot for export optiopn

GF

Gregory F.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Routine Management dashboard

Overall its very user friendly. the features are great and it also tracks time from the date the card is created

Pros

The board has some amazing features like creating different cards for tasks and efficiently managing and moving them. You can also create buckets where these cards can be managed and monitored and can be shared with team members.

Cons

The list view has a one dimensional horizontal setup, and it would be great to set 2 lists below each another so that there is enough visualisation in one screen. Also, if you can build a sub board feature under the primary board, would be great.

JT

Jodine Theron -.

Amazing is an understatement!

Pros

Where do I begin... to be able to collect thought ideas, checklists, processes and so much more on the fly where ever you are is a life saver. It's great for organising events and collaborating with your team to get everything done and on time. I also love using it to study different topics. It's so easy to collect research information from lots of different sources. My two favourite hacks is that I don;t need to download images to my computer, I simply copy the image link and paste it into Trello directly which means I no longer have unnecessary clutter on my computer. Hack number two is pasting YouTube videos into Trello and you can watch it right inside the app while taking notes. The search functionality is also really good. So much more to say... just check it out for yourself.

Cons

You can only use one free integration per board. Only feature that is missing is two way syncing to Google Calendar.

Keerthi P.

Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees

Next Generation Collaboration Tool

I have used this product for internal collaboration and could realize great team work effort with better focus on the tasks.

Pros

Trello is the next generation collaboration tool, that provides great visual interface for task management, project planning and collaboration with various teams. The best thing about this is a web based tool, so we need not install any new software, and it works just fine with a web browser. The cool features include collaboration with other established softwares such as gdrive, JIRA those are traditionally used in the org. Another thing is the Trello cards feature help keep stuff organized easily for reporting as well.

Cons

If it had a better document integration with other tools such as box or Sharepoint would have been great.

Luiz Henrique P.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Organize your projects

Trello allows to organize and condense what is necessary to manage the projects, whether personal, professional or academic.

Pros

It is a very easy to work with Trello. My life has become very organized since I started using Trello. It is fundamental in projects executed in agile models and when we need to manage a big quantity of projects.

Cons

Despite being very easy to use, Trello has some basic limitations (card attachments and functions).

Sandra Gabriela G.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Trello, herramienta fundamental para la productividad

Mi experiencia es muy buena, hace varios años la vengo utilizando y a nivel general es una app muy recomendada en los entornos colaborativos

Pros

Me gusta que tengo todo a mano, que la app es muy intuitiva y que puedo organizar el flujo de mi trabajo y controlarlo en un entorno colaborativo

Cons

No hay nada que no me haya gustado, en si la aplicación es súper fácil de utilizar

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

YT

Yoselin T.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Do you want to organize your schedule or workload? Trello is the best software to do it!

The workload can be distributed without a problem. Everyone can work on the same board without creating confusions (this is why I love the labels). I would definitely recommend it for companies and for personal use.

Pros

I use Trello not only at work but at home as well. I like how you can customize and organize the board. Being able to use labels is one of the best features that this application can have. Also, you can access it through the mobile app! How convenient is that!?

Cons

It can be a little bit tricky to use at the beginning because it has a lot of different features to use but you will surely love it once you get used to it!

María Magdalena Z.

It's a friendly software that helps you get your life organized.

It helped me to get my work done. No matter what, It helped me to no procrastinate (well, at least not that much).

Pros

Trello is a projects and tasks manager. And it does it in friendly way, no matter if it's about your personal to-dos lists or a huge team project. That's the beauty of it. It make very complex projects to look doable. Organization is key and Trello gives you the chance to keep everything you need to do neatly organized.

Cons

I don't really have any con in mind, but maybe the UX used in the way the list are displayed could be better, especially in the desktop version. But perhaps I am being too picky.

CC

Cristian C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

We love Tello so much, it has been a game changer. We've used it for over 2+ years

Before we started using Trello we used spreadsheets to try to manage our tasks, but it was too primitive and annoying. While using Trello the communication inside the team has improved, and we get tasks done faster and with less hustle. Everyone on the team knows what is expected of them.

Pros

1. Viewing the real-time progress of the project and knowing where we stand 2. We love it that we can connect Trello with Slack 3. The ability to create templated and having a system for setting up a task

Cons

To be honest, Trello is a perfect app for managing projects. We haven't noticed any shortcomings

CC

Chett C.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Easy to use. Perfect for freelancers.

Pros

It's just simple to use. That's it. I can easily track the different tasks and projects for each of my freelance clients. It doesn't have all the frills of Asana, but that is why I like it. The mobile app is great. The desktop app is equally great (which Asana DOESN'T offer for Mac). I get a ton of value with a free Trello app.

Cons

I wish it had better parent/child relationships for tasks. That is one of my favorite features of Asana.

Maru K.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Great tool that is free when others make you pay!

Love it love it love it. I use it on a day to day basis and I don't know how I would've managed my team on 5 different projects without Trello.

Pros

I love how simple it is to use. I can sit down with a team and introduce the tool in 10 min and they can be power users right off the bat. I love how easy it is to move cards and add images. It is very intuitive and straight forward.

Cons

No cons here. Everything is great. The only thing I would like to see from Trello is the ability to export the cards to an excel format. Maybe it's a paid subscription with power up but it wasn't clear with the power-ups what I could do with it.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Very helpful Visual project management tool that suits my personality/methods

very positive, and because it's free I see it as a totally wonderful tool

Pros

I love the ability to use cards, and move them around left to right - really suits the way I think about and visualise tasks/projects.

Cons

When you reply to a comment in a card it starts getting lost, and it becomes confusing what you are replying to in the slew of previous comments/tasks within a card. it is no better than email in that regard...

Computer Games, 11-50 employees

A Trello Tell All

Generally pleased with the simple functionality from Trello. If I am working with a team of less than 5 people I would use trello, but anything bigger I'd look for another application.

Pros

The simple Kanban interface and functionality are very appealing for small team management. It may lack the sophistication of Asana, but it provides great visual recognition of each task's status.

Cons

Trello can get very confusing with the lack of ability to properly label each card and identifying tasks. When multiple users are posting replies to a task, the discussions gets bogged down and conversations gets covered.

SS

Stephen S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Intuitive tool for getting a team organized!

We have used this product on multiple projects. It provides transparency to the work progress and workload for each staff member.

Pros

Trello is a very intuitive and easy to use tool for organizing anything. The tool was created as a kanban board, which it definitely does well, but you find people using it in all kinds of creative ways. We have used this on multiple software and non-software projects to keep the team focused and organized. The tool is very visual - so its awesome to use while in a group meeting. The controls are so easy and you can drag and drop most things - so making adjustment in real-time while in meetings is a breeze. Trello is always adding new features and they are constantly expanding their integration with other products. Their mobile app to complement the tool is awesome.

Cons

Overall, I really like this tool and use it regularly. I do wish there were more robust reporting features, such as easy to produce burn down charts.

Kim D.

Internet, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Great for project brainstorming

Just rediscovering this software with fresh eyes. Trello is deceptively simple, but has a lot of depth

Pros

I started using this software when I learned about Kanban. I made a few cards and it really helped organise my thoughts. I didn’t get the most from it, because as usual I just jumped in and had a go. Recently I learned the power of it from a course on productivity where the instructor provided public cards and I realised I had only scratched the surface of its potential. I love the simplicity of the interface. It is really easy to get up and running even if you don’t read the instructions. Doesn’t get bogged down with bells and whistles Really easy to use - drag and drop cards and items. Scales really well Love that I can use on the computer, phone and iPad

Cons

That there wasn’t more ideas on how to get the most from it, some examples and implications. Seemed to be a lot more emphasis on making the boards look pretty than highlighting the actual functionality