Trello Logo

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

Trello Reviews - Page 97

23,187 reviews

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Very helpful Visual project management tool that suits my personality/methods

very positive, and because it's free I see it as a totally wonderful tool

Pros

I love the ability to use cards, and move them around left to right - really suits the way I think about and visualise tasks/projects.

Cons

When you reply to a comment in a card it starts getting lost, and it becomes confusing what you are replying to in the slew of previous comments/tasks within a card. it is no better than email in that regard...

Computer Games, 11-50 employees

A Trello Tell All

Generally pleased with the simple functionality from Trello. If I am working with a team of less than 5 people I would use trello, but anything bigger I'd look for another application.

Pros

The simple Kanban interface and functionality are very appealing for small team management. It may lack the sophistication of Asana, but it provides great visual recognition of each task's status.

Cons

Trello can get very confusing with the lack of ability to properly label each card and identifying tasks. When multiple users are posting replies to a task, the discussions gets bogged down and conversations gets covered.

SS

Stephen S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Intuitive tool for getting a team organized!

We have used this product on multiple projects. It provides transparency to the work progress and workload for each staff member.

Pros

Trello is a very intuitive and easy to use tool for organizing anything. The tool was created as a kanban board, which it definitely does well, but you find people using it in all kinds of creative ways. We have used this on multiple software and non-software projects to keep the team focused and organized. The tool is very visual - so its awesome to use while in a group meeting. The controls are so easy and you can drag and drop most things - so making adjustment in real-time while in meetings is a breeze. Trello is always adding new features and they are constantly expanding their integration with other products. Their mobile app to complement the tool is awesome.

Cons

Overall, I really like this tool and use it regularly. I do wish there were more robust reporting features, such as easy to produce burn down charts.

Kim D.

Internet, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Great for project brainstorming

Just rediscovering this software with fresh eyes. Trello is deceptively simple, but has a lot of depth

Pros

I started using this software when I learned about Kanban. I made a few cards and it really helped organise my thoughts. I didn’t get the most from it, because as usual I just jumped in and had a go. Recently I learned the power of it from a course on productivity where the instructor provided public cards and I realised I had only scratched the surface of its potential. I love the simplicity of the interface. It is really easy to get up and running even if you don’t read the instructions. Doesn’t get bogged down with bells and whistles Really easy to use - drag and drop cards and items. Scales really well Love that I can use on the computer, phone and iPad

Cons

That there wasn’t more ideas on how to get the most from it, some examples and implications. Seemed to be a lot more emphasis on making the boards look pretty than highlighting the actual functionality

YA

Yeliz A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Most User Friendly Project Management Tool

It is so nice to have such a tool to work with. Thank you Trello to make my life easier.

Pros

Trello is very user friendly. It is easy to use. You can create kanban boards and follow your projects through it. It is not complicated, very easy t understand the functioning. Having ability to customize is also another feature that I really like.

Cons

Sometimes I faced with login issues. I don't know what is the reason. Also, to integrate my excel with trello was not easy. There should be step by step instructions with pictures for this kind of integrations.

Mick T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I LOVE TRELLO!

It was great. It really enhanced the was we worked as a small team, kept us sane (as everything was in one place) and stopped us arguing as we didn't miss anything that we had told each other.

Pros

We used this for a year before I moved jobs and it was a god send. There was only two of us in the creative team so it was very easy for us to write notes or emails to each other so Trello brought it all into one place. Having a board with all the immediate tasks on meant that we could easily switch priorities and also notify each other immediately when tasks were completed.

Cons

Nothing, it was perfect for what we needed it for and it stopped us missing small amends as everything was in one place. Reasonably priced too. I never had to use the support so I don't know if it was any good!

Louis G.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Trello is a gamechanger for my to-do list

Trello is one of my favorite apps in my tech stack. Pure organization and productivity tool for my to-do list.

Pros

I love the ability to prioritize my tasks by using different tasks, I'm now always working on the most important items in my to do list before spending time on less impactful or less productive activities.

Cons

It's been hard to use as a collaboration tool for my team as a whole. I think that's just the nature of my team -- but I'd love to find a way to get my whole team working on projects (our Engineering team is successful in this, but I'm on the sales team and we just haven't gotten full team adoption).

Adarsh R.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

The best card/board management software

This is probably my most recommended software of all time. Absolutely phenomenal suite of features, and the easiest product of its type to set up and use. 10/10 would recommend.

Pros

Really simple and intuitive Easy to set up a workspace and create cards Easy to onboard new users into your space Very feature rich even at the free level Power-ups and integrations are plentiful and useful Mobile app is very powerful

Cons

Notifications are very hit or miss -- sometimes they're useful, but often times they feel spammy since you can't control what events trigger a notification. The team/board heirarchy can be confusing for first time users

Faider Vicente R.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

Spectacular tool to manage communication

I had a very satisfactory experience with the use of this tool, it allowed me to streamline interaction with many colleagues, gives the opportunity to generate smooth conversations and with its different sections I could track my tasks and the development of the tasks of others members.

Pros

I love this product, it is spectacular and it gives me many facilities to manage and manage the communication of teamwork. It has many tools that permit intercativa to keep up to date the projects and tasks assigned, as well as save the progress made and download necessary things even without connection. Without a doubt, I would recommend this platform to my friends and colleagues.

Cons

The least salvageable of this tool is perhaps its unprofessional aspect and the fact that it is not very customizable, it also has negative aspects such as the excess of adhesives that are displayed on the screen and it becomes disorganized and with live chat it would improve a lot.

NM

Nick M.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great way to organise almost anything

Such a useful tool for sharing work schedules and other tasks. Even if some processes have to move to a tool with more structure, there’s always something else Trello can help you with.

Pros

So easy to understand and get started, but can be turned to so many purposes because of how few rules it imposes. Personal todo lists, team workflows, dev tasks etc can all be managed in the same place. Very cool.

Cons

The lack of “rules” you can impose means it can be hard to scale shared processes. If you get up to a dozen team members sharing a board, it can turn to chaos unless everyone agrees on a shred view of how things should be organised.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Easy to use project management tool

Trello really helped me organize my internal tasks so I can be more efficient with my time.

Pros

Trello is super easy to use and it's a great tool to help me manage my day to day tasks. I like how easy it is to create boards with different categories of tasks, with checklists, notes, etc. Also good for teams, as you can assign people to specific tasks. Trello also connects to some other tools I use, like SEM Rush, so it automatically adds tasks I need to do from a third-party platform into Trello.

Cons

No cons, but I'd say I had more success using Trello to manage my own tasks, rather than my teams'.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Best tool to manage list

Use everyday as a Product Manager for both personal and business use. Best task list software on the market and it's free.

Pros

- Great tool for work. I'm a product and project manager. I managed my task list through Trello. I use this everyday - Great for software development. I created buckets such as Backlog, To do, In progress, Done - Really simple and easy to use. No tutorial needed - Great for teams. Can assign task and send notifications - Add labels for different teams or different task

Cons

Would love to have hotkeys or have easier hotkeys. To assign task, you have to go 2-3 clicks into the task detail.

SG

Sandy G.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Trello

Overall my experience was good with Trello. I stopped using it when our company switched to another software in order to consolidate but I would have been happy to stay as well.

Pros

I like the board layout and the ease of modifying it to meet the needs of a team. I like being able to modify the tasks so that the labels can be changed to show what has or hasn't been done. I like having the multiple borads for different projects.

Cons

Once something was archived, it was hard to find again. I wasn't crazy about the placement of notes on a task. I wish they were easier to see at a glance.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great Product Management Tool

I love it. I've recommended it to several co-workers within several places of employment. Do you like a Project Management tool that is free and that you can easily use w/o a lot of software studying? Trello is it. Get it!

Pros

It has an incredibly easy U/I that you can show anybody and they can pick it up right away and start getting value from it. The Kanban board is very helpful and intuitive. It allows you to organize and keep track of many things without searching aimlessly.

Cons

I would prefer that it have a better word processor. Something that allows you to format bullets and numbers the way you would in Word or a Google Doc.

EM

Elle M.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

It has helped my task management

I use Trello, as do most people in the agency, to organize my task list. I keep it open as a tab on my web browser all the time, and refer to it many times a day. It has always been easy to use and obvious how to use it. It has been reliable, and I do not believe it has ever been offline or unavailable. It is a quick and easy tool that is deceptively simple, and I recommend to anyone who has not tried it, to try it out.

Pros

It is easy to use, and requires almost no time to train a new hire on how to use the software and work with the team.

Cons

It is a very useful piece of software, and I have nothing negative to say about it, and I would recommend anyone who has not tried it, to try it.

RS

Rupam S.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Excellent Product Management Tool

Excellent features and user-friendly

Pros

Trello is incredibly user-friendly. Because every dashboard is simple to use, a user can quickly get settled and begin producing visualisations. Moving boards and cards is simple with the drag-and-drop tools, which also help to keep the project on schedule. Personally, I appreciate that Trello enables you to rapidly follow progress by customising boards by altering labels, background colours, etc. Trello bot that enables you to create and customise automated operations like moving boards and assigning tasks, is particularly noteworthy for its ability to boost productivity and save time.

Cons

The level of automation is not very high. Although it has some automation options, more automated tools for notifications and repetitive actions could be useful.

Jason B.

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

A project management tool that has fallen behind the times

If you're looking for a free tool to manage one specific, long-term project Trello is a great resource. In the past, Trello's integration with Slack made the combo of Slack + Trello a must-have for small businesses and startups. Now, even though Slack continues to be a leader for communication and organization, Trello has failed to keep up. If you're looking to run a business or organize a team across multiple lines of business, tasks or deadlines, there are a multitude of other project management tools that do it better.

Pros

User interface is incredibly simple. You make cards, drag and drop, then click on them to set details. It's very visual: you can have profile icons with pictures to easily see who's being held accountable for tasks, colors can easily denote different clients or types of projects, etc. Everything is intuitive and a brand new user can be up and running on Trello within a matter of minutes.

Cons

The tool overall is incredibly inefficient for those that work on multiple tasks across multiple short deadlines. Even if you use this for personal project management, the structure and visual layout of the platform makes it so that anything over a few dozen tasks make it incredibly difficult to manage. Trello's simplicity sacrifices customization. You have a preset number of colors, preset font, and a limited number of preset actions.

Carlos M.

Design, 201-500 employees

Literally the best tool I currently use

This tool Literally change my life, I have no memory and this tool allowed me to organize my own ideas and my work proyects, right now I use it for very different uses, I use it for my daily tasks, I use it to remember important dates, I use it for web design proyects, I use it for my websites roadmap and I use it for pending payments integrated with my time-tracking app. Right now I couldnt imagine my life without this tool, its my first bookmark at every browser.

Pros

Its very simple to use, it allows you to use one free paid extension, it is a powerful tool for makers and no-memory people, it works great by itself but it works even better with hundreds of integrations it has. I think its the best tool for organizating your ideas at this moment. (I recommend to use the Card repeater power-up, its perfect for daily task reminder)

Cons

I wouldnt change a thing of it, but it would be great to improve the "Card repeater" power-up, right now its so simple and sometimes doesnt work as it should.

Tony B.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

A simple tool for creating and sharing tasks

Great tool, intuitive, colleagues and friends love to use this software. Even for organizing family events. Awesome and simple tool.

Pros

A great thing that highlights trello is that it's a great tools for those who are beginning an startup, it's free and you're able to share with other members your board. It's really easy to use, anyone can get to use it really fast, you can customize the columns, create tickets, move tickets, and archive them.

Cons

The only downside is that trello is a simple shared task tools, but it's the concept of it, it's has no complex features. It's something that everyone could use easily.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

My take on Trello

Trello is a good option to manage tasks in many a group project, although it may be said that it does not provide as many functionalities in terms of agile methods it's still a robust and lightweight option.

Pros

The clean interface, how customizable a board is and the financial accessibility to small groups. Lastly, Trello is quite lightweight as well.

Cons

There's still little support for scrum on the boards themselves. Usually this is accomplished through chrome plugins, the problem being that browsers without the plugin do not correctly render the notations (usually not all the members have the plugin or some workstation may not have it).

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Project Management Made Simple

In terms of workflow, there is not a great deal of training needed to create, assign, and action cards. Trello makes the process flawless, and the commenting features add value of the pay to use alternatives.

Pros

Trello makes it extremely easy to create multiple project boards for all aspects of our business,. From sales to infrastructure., it's extremely easy to track where we are on all elements towards a successful day by day throughout the company

Cons

The ease of use may not scale as far as the parent company, Atlassian, but that isn't really a draw back. Personally, I feel that Trello excels in it's simplicity and it's interface.

AM

Andrea M.

Ranching, 11-50 employees

La mejor forma de llevar a cabo tu proyecto

Me ha permitido trabajar de forma eficiente, trabajar en equipo, administrar mis tareas y profectos, controlar las actividades de mi equipo, facilita el trabajo remoto, ahorra tiempo y optimiza la calidad del trabajo

Pros

Llevar a cabo dis proyectos de forma ordenada, poder controlar los grados de avance de cada uno, enterarme a tiempo de las dificultades de los integrantes de mi equipo, recibir ideas y aportes para mi trabajo, poder dar mis opiniones y ayudar al trabajo de otros, poder organizarnos y cumplir con una determinada tarea en el tiempo solicitado, poder ir revisando cada tarea.

Cons

Me gustaría que se pudieran ver todas mis tareas juntas mezclando todos los tableros que utilizo. Esto aun no se puede ver en trello

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

I use it every day

I use Trello both personally and professionally. I even had the app on my phone, as well as keep it as the “screensaver” to my laptop at work. It is a great list making app that allows you to move things around in order of priority, or even just take notes.

Pros

My company uses Trello as a task list and to do list. We each have personal (professional) boards and we also have collaborative boards. It is very simple to use and is displayed in a way that keeps you in check.

Cons

Trello is a highly comprehensible application and allows a lot of room for fine tuning to your needs. I don’t have anything bad to say about it.

SN

Susan N.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Highly recommended!

Overall, Trello does just what it's meant for - helping me stay organized anywhere, and with anyone.

Pros

I can add multiple personal or professional boards and manage tasks on different products with ease. Overcoming procrastination and getting more done has been easier for me - there's an inbuilt calendar where I can see pending tasks at a glance and I also get timely reminders. I use glasses, so, I like that I can zoom in on cards for a closer view. The comment feature allows for instant feedback from my team and that helps me know where to improve on or if I'm good to go with a piece of writing or design.

Cons

There is no option for deleting a card and that is an issue because it's not everytime I want to archive. It can be exasperating typing a lengthy comment and losing everything because you exited or minimised the app. It would really help if a comment could be saved as draft or a "do you want to continue?" prompt pops up. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a feature on the app that will enable users secure boards they don't want intruders snooping on.

BG

Billy G.

Versatile

Pros

Versatility is key in this product. It can be structured to fit any need. You can create your own categories for information or activities to manage. This is just a framework to hang your own structure on. It does not get in the way.

Cons

It always lets me do what I want to do. I have no complaints. If you are expecting an app that guides you with its own structure with choices about what to record for your project, then you may be baffled by Trello. I have heard the complaint that it doesn't do much. I disagree. I say it does almost anything and is limited only by the user's imagination.