Trello Logo

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

Trello Reviews - Page 98

23,178 reviews

AM

Anna M.

1-10 employees

Thanks to the developers for easy and convenient service!

Pros

Trello is an unusual program that you can install on your Android or iPhone. The biggest plus of this application is that you can watch in real time how the work on your projects is going, you can follow them all at once. In the Trello application, you can additionally install plugins, these plugins can make your work easier, and make it much more convenient. With the help of Trello plug-ins, you can add new functionality. If, you do not want to install plug-ins, and just jeopardize your project, you can make it easier to create hotkeys that will help you to find that or other information as quickly as possible.

Cons

You know, probably, this is almost the only application to which I have no complaints yet. I love it very much!

Lu Wee T.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great, if you want a simple, uncluttered interface

I've used, stopped using, and re-used Trello many times over for different projects. It fits my simple project needs.

Pros

I used Trello mainly for planning content for my various websites. Even though I've used a variety of tools to manage the content, I've found Trello easiest to use. It has a very simple interface which makes it easy to be task and progress focused. Lots of other tools simply have too many features that I often find myself distracted rather than focused. After testing out so many project management software out there, I've returned to Trello again. If you're looking for a simple, uncluttered way of handling your projects, I'd recommend using Trello!

Cons

For me and my needs, Trello is just fine. But I could see how Trello can appear to have limited features compared to other similar project management software out there. If you need a full-suit of management along with proposals, invoices etc, Trello won't be a good fit.

BC

Bill C.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

A must have in my toolkit

This is a piece of kit that I use both at work and at home for project management. It's such a robust system that has many features for easy management of any tast, project, to-do list or just reminders. I am able to have a tab for my work tasks that keeps me up to date with any additions and comments as well as interacting with collagues. I am also able to have a seperate tab for private usage to keep tabs of items such as shopping lists, to do's, contact information, articles, code snippets and even websites and images for later usage. I haven't found another system on the web that is able to do what Trello does with the same ease of use and robustness.

Pros

Flexibility with Private and Business usage

Cons

Paid features are sub-par and could be updated

Retail, 51-200 employees

Great Project Management Software for both my professional and personal life!

Trello allows us to reduce overall waste and to see across projects and teams where they are in the process. We’ve managed to drop less balls in the air and save time by getting our team on board.

Pros

Trello is great for managing projects across multiple teams. With the ability to create Boards/Teams, plenty of plug-ins to customize your Boards, and a seamless integration between mobile and desktop, we love tracking our office tasks and projects with Trello. I even use it in personal life to plan group trips.

Cons

Sharing Boards to new users is not completely intuitive and as a result it’s hard to get buy-on with new users.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Essential for organization

I've found this has really turned around my ability to plan day-to-day. I think it has much use as a personal based solution rather than something for the entire team. I love that I can mix personal to-do as well while keeping home and work separate within the same account.

Pros

It's so easy to use and intuitive. I love the click and drag interface and how it works on my phone as well. There's almost nothing complex about it, it makes creating and organizing lists extremely simple.

Cons

Honestly, for my purposes, there's really nothing I don't like about it. I can maybe understand why someone looking for longterm collaborative planing would like it.

Law Practice, self-employed

A Great Tool for Managing Your To-Do List

Pros

Once it was set up, it was easy to put together projects on my to-do list.

Cons

Nothing. It was easy to set up and easy to use.

Carlos Benjamin G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great and almost everything is Free

I have been using it for more than 2 years now, and it is great, we get organized Great with it.

Pros

That It is Extremely Easy to use, You set up your channel and everything is Ready to Use, Anyone can create tasks, and move them and get organized is Very Easy.

Cons

It Lacks of reminders of what we need to complete by some deadlines and that stuff.

Mubarak A.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Best project management system

I have used trello for managing all my clients projects, managing my blog ideas, planning my personal life, used as a to-do and it has made me very organized, focused and goal oriented.

Pros

I have been using trello for managing client projects ever since I became a developer and it's the best there is. I use it for all kinds of projects and even for planning my year. Thanks to the trello team for this awesome app

Cons

I tried trello gold sometime ago and I realized I didn't really need most of the things that was offered. It'll be very good if the team adds some awesome features for the trello gold membership. Overall, great work!

PP

Peter P.

Internet, 11-50 employees

The best Kanban tool on the market

A great tool for quick notes and tasks. However, it loses its charm if we start to add detailed, complex notes, paste code or upload files. Then Jira will be better.

Pros

Incredible convenience in adding new tasks, you can wake up in the middle of the night and easily add a few new tasks. A very quick and convenient solution.

Cons

Text formatting, or lack thereof. You have to remember the markup to be able to format something more clearly.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Organizing Pro

Love it! So easy and very visual so you can’t miss a task if it’s getting behind

Pros

I am a huge fan of Trello, it makes keeping tasks incredibly easy to track and manage between a group of people. You can assign people per task and each person can manage their own task within an fill project so the team can see where we all are within the timeframe of the project. It’s simple to use and very visual.

Cons

Some might feel it’s too simple for task management if you’re used to bigger project management systems, but our team is really adjusted well with using this software for tracking project progress.

DK

David K.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

I'm a big fan

Meeting and call database for investors and customers, task management, collaboration - all work great, and because they do what I want them to do, I often start projects or ideas on Trello, even if later on I will use a different tool for them.

Pros

I use it to keep track of my life in a lot of ways, but I also use it to collaborate with colleagues and teams. I don't use all the features, but as a database of calls and meetings it's great, as a way to give tasks and information to my team, it works fine. I don't use it for strict project management, but for informal information passing and notes for future reference it's great.

Cons

Not much - it does what it does pretty well. I don't usually come up against limitations that get in my way of using it.

IY

Ian Y.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Simple Project Management

I've created a workflow card stack within Trello that works extremely well for my business. Not only does it keep me tracking in a timely manner on important projects, but it gives me and my partner a quick visual of where we're at on projects so that we can shift focus on the fly if need be.

Pros

user interface is super simple. We can bring clients in on this and get them up to speed with little to no effort.

Cons

The free version is packed with about everything we need – and we honestly had little to no dislikes. I wish we could have more than one 'power-up' or integration with the free version, but hey – we aren't paying for it, so we can't call it a con.

NM

Njeru M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Trello the best project management solution

Pros

I like that importing and exporting data is easy which allows for maximum productivity and project planning and scheduling.

Cons

Deployment and learning how to use might take time

Leah O.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Great for small businesses, entrepreneurs, artists, everyone.

I was recommended to try Trello and I've been using it ever since (nearly a year). Love trello, I use it daily to stay organized and on track.

Pros

I love the endless capabilities of organizing my thoughts, projects, goals for both personal and business. I recommend Trello to everyone. You can collaborate with teams and assign deadlines. The app is very user friendly (as is the website.) It is very visual. I'm a visual person so I don't do well with regular lists, I have to be able to move things around easily and need that visual component I get with Trello.

Cons

The horizontal scrolling. Other platforms have used this and changed it for a reason. I can't stand it. Please move to vertical. The backgrounds are distracting, busy, and ugly on the free version. You can't customize them unless you upgrade. I understand that's incentive but it puts a bad taste in my mouth when I recommend them.

Jonathan B.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Not just for the office - your new todo app

Initially I was using this software as a kanban replacement because at that time VSTS wasn't up to the job - however this application soon became much more valuable to me for organising my comicon. Because the columns can be anything that matters to you it became the ultimate todo list. Instead of just marking things as done you could give them state so in my case "to contact, contacted & interested/not interested, waiting payment, info complete". I started using it as my main todo list because of this flexibility and highly recommend it

Pros

I love the ease of use this product has and the nice touch features which make it a joy to use. Creating new columns is simple and moving cards around works really well. Communication and messages between different users are easy as is tagging, colouring and customisation It integrates well with Slack and is usable on a mobile device

Cons

Some of the customisations are limited with the free package but if you introduce other people to using it then you can get a free upgrade for four months. The conversations can be hidden slightly and the dialog box can feel a bit cramped although you do get a little icon indicating messages exist and there is an action log.

DM

Diego M.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Trello - A very good project manager.

Pros

What I liked the most about this software is the ease with which you can add collaborators, how easy it is to use and also that it is very cheap. It has many good things.

Cons

If you are an inexperienced person you could get a little confused when learning how to use it, but with time and practice you can get good results

Václav Š.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Complete project overview on one page

This software allows you to store all project information in one place. It's great for keeping everyone on the team informed, but is harder with including guests with limited rights. If you are looking for a software where you want to keep all project information just like on a physical project board, it's a great choice. More complex tasks can be accomplished with power ups but for more specific tasks I would search for a more specific software.

Pros

It's easy to see everything important about each project in one place. For new users it's very easy to get started. It's a great way to keep all project information for everyone on the team on a single team board where everyone can turn to to keep everyone in the loop.

Cons

Recently they changed product function and if you work with different people on different projects, you need to setup a separate workspace for each such case. However, if you work with the same people on each project, you are fine with just one workspace - which was not my situation.

TP

Thomas P.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

L'outil collaboratif par excellence pour la gestion de projet et des tâches

Pros

Trello est un outil particulièrement intuitif et donc très simple à prendre en main. Les options d'automatisation permettent une utilisation avancée. Les couleurs adaptées aux daltoniens sont très utiles, deux personnes sont concernées dans mon équipe, elles apprécient cette attention !

Cons

J'aimerais pouvoir supprimer plus simplement une carte, pouvoir superposer les listes (l'une au dessus de l'autre) et avoir une vue "résumée" pour mes tableaux contenant de nombreuses listes.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Nylyoriam P.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Magnificent application to manage projects and tasks

The integration of different areas of work and its members is great, the detection of critical knots during the follow-up has allowed us to make the necessary changes and culminate with the best result

Pros

The dashboard is undoubtedly one of the best achievements of this application, allows you to manage, organize and order quickly the tasks corresponding to each member of your team, you can assign tasks and receive an email indicating that they have been assigned a task , you can determine ranges of responsibilities, tag, leave notes and upload media files

Cons

It is a fairly complete application, however the management of projects is difficult from mobile devices such as cell phones and tables when you are managing many projects, locating information may not be an easy task

Ricardo O.

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent for personal projects

Trello is excellent to manage small teams or solo projects. I have used it to manage small Web design projects and it really helps provide a sense of clarity and order to our team.

Pros

If you are managing projects solo or with a small team Trello will provide you with essential tools to administer tasks, assign work to different teammates and track what is being done. Different views like calendar, maps or table will accommodate for different styles of project management.

Cons

It gets a bit cumbersome when managing large projects. specially if you are in the free and standard price tiers.

Peter D.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Trello is a powerful project management tool for business tasks.

Trello is based on highly collaborative management tools with easy to implement in our daily tasks. With trello, we can extract more results from our projects in a short time and without any kind of difficulty.

Pros

Trello is widely known for its highly recongized features for project management. With the help of this tool, we can customize our way of working and the features in order to stay organized more productive. It allows easy tracking of tasks and to ensure the workflow of management.

Cons

There are few of the certain things which requires updates and improvements. While tracking a issue, we have to hassle alot in order to extract the data. We only have limited integration to email. In short, it is only best for handling one task at a time and can't be used for multi-tasking.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Daily use for Years

I keep coming back to Trello because it's a great tool for organizing almost any project imaginable, especially projects that involve some sort of flow and process. Works great with GTD, Kanban, and other task management methodologies.

Pros

The best part about trello is that it's a great way of visualizing information, and also highly moddable with chrome extensions and add-ons.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is pretty limited in it's APIs. It should be able to connect to more services more easily. Also, when a board gets too big it's difficult to navigate. It would be nice if it could be visualized in a spreadsheet/database form as well as just cards.

MA

Marvi A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Your project management VA of Dreams

Haven't been able to find a better project management substitute so gotta say one of the best out there at the moment.

Pros

Easy to use with comprehensive features reducing the stress and planning for multiple projects.

Cons

The interface could be more user-friendlt. Sometimes team members need reminders of how to access specific features.

MB

May B.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Best tool for project management

I'm completely satisfied with the product. A very nice system that anyone can easily understand.

Pros

The product is easy to use. I can easily drag the cards to where I want it to put. I like the specifications, checklist, and labels on cards because I can easily put information that everybody can understand. I'm using Trello in project management and tracking the developments on the products that we are about to put on the website.

Cons

none so far, I'm using the product for more than 2 years and I haven't encountered any problem at all.

KG

Koen G.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Flexible project management application .

Trello has enabled teams to collaborate on various projects very easily. We were able to customize the application to fit in to our different projects needs. User interface is very smooth. Implementation and training users was relatively easy.

Pros

Trello is very straightforward application that is easy to use and customize to fit into to different projects needs. Creation of boards is easy and helps us to be more organized in all projects and task. Trello enables us to see who is responsible for a particular task and it's reporting is excellent.

Cons

Trello is simple to use application for all you project management needs. Easy to track and monitor each project. It's helped us to me more organized on every project. No dislike.