VersionOne Reviews

Pros

It has a bunch of features and can integrate with other tools and platforms. For teams that are split up geographically, something like this is probably the best option.

VersionOne's user interface is clean, easy to use, and powerful.

Miguel H.

Great structure with Epics, Features, Stories, Tasks. Like how we can populate blocking issues and assign both upstream and downstream dependencies.

Proby P.

Cons

Inconsistent customer service was an issue once or twice, but could have just been a bad day.

Shashank S.

Defect tracking should be done in your source collaboration tools or at least integrated well.

WeeJavaDude

We use this to Create a story and build our development and defects from sprint to sprint.

Ramesh G.

4.1

Version One for Agile Projects

Transcript

Babu: Hi, my name is Babu. I'm a business analyst at a financial services company. I would give a five...

The continuous delivery platform by VersionOne

We have implemented it to our new project and it simply enhances the speed of the delivery and help in compliance and ensure the audit. The project implemented with continuum help in simplification & the identification with the help of performance metrics to ensure the end-to-end continuous delivery. It also makes uniform release automation.

Pros

Version Continuum provides the platform to boost the software development process with DevOps methodologies and reduces the risk and enhances the quality. Continuum provides the best integration with third-party tools like JIRA, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Bamboo, AWS, BitBucket and many more which make it an enterprise level DevOps tool. Issue tracking through code, binaries and deploy after the successful test help in enhancing the delivery process. We can also analyse the risk by using the metrics before releasing the code to the production environment. To maintain the security compliance the agentless architecture helps as no additional software is needed to install on remote host.

Cons

Continuum comes with the lot of features to cover all the aspects in software development which makes it complex at the time of implementation. VersionOne should focus on support and documentation should be made easy. Continuum can enhance its setup wizard so implementation can be done with less time spending.

Chock full of features, but it can be overwhelming.

Full disclosure that I can’t help but make a comparison to Jira when using this product. Jira may have had far less features but in a way that made it easier to navigate. Story creation and maintenance are both easy. V1 has a “fresh” interface, but again, the navigation can be daunting. I pretty much stay in a few places which begs the question of why there is so many areas to navigate to. It seems that our team has problems with the ease of adding tags, so that needs to be locked down better. Not sure that is possible as everyone seems able to add a variety of tags which can cause us to “lose” stories. Overall, it is Jira on steroids and I think has been a benefit to our organization. Just don’t wander too far off the path.

Pros

Lots of features, many tools to assist in Agile environment, story creation and maintenance is easy, the Kanban board and team member navigation is good and clear.

Cons

There are so many features and ways to navigate that our Scrum Masters use the tool differently and don’t agree on how to use it. Having to navigate to different areas of the tool to perform such actions as time tracking. URL goes stale after a few hours. Seems to eat up more resources as we have experienced slow downs and hang-ups quite often.

A very robust work tracking tool for software development, but also overly complicated at times.

Pros

Excellent reporting tools for upper management. Can get very nice graphs showing burndown, get a detailed view of status of sprints and progress of work planned.

Cons

Unfortunetly, filling out work done on a day to day basis is time consuming and clunkly, and planning takes a long time because of the lag associated with an online service. At times after clicking on something to update, one is faced with a several second wait in order to start typing, and then the same to confirm and save the transaction. In such it makes it difficult to actually get engineers to use it consistently. A tool like this is only useful if used consistently. Unfortunetly, the complexity of it makes it more of a chore to work with and often the tool fails simply because people on our team don't want to use it.

End to end software development project control

The whole development team group adopt VersionOne easily and with very small need of training. Tracking a software change when bugs arrived was also easier by trying to find which artifact could have a relation to the bug using bug keywords, and also identifying who have worked and could possibly help.

Pros

VersionOne was the first solution that my development team have used which fulfilled most of the needs for a streamlined software development applying agile technics such as scrum and kanban. It was very easy to plan and manage the sprints, defining the epics, stories, tasks, bugs, visualizing the burn out and early identifying deviations of the plan.

Cons

The interface was sometimes slow and the mass update of artifacts was not easy to use.

agile development issue tracking

My overall experience with VersionOne is mostly good, with some annoyances at not being able to find (or do) certain things as quickly as I'd like.

Pros

VersionOne offers the ability to create and track issues, stories, defects etc. I like the filterable pages including storyboards and taskboards. I like the "My Work" view that quickly gets me to the things that are assigned to me. I like the click and drag features on most of the pages, for example, dragging a story from "in progress" to "done" rather than going into the edit menu and using the dropdown menu.

Cons

Some of the things seem to be lacking in intuitive nature. For example, there have been some pages that I'm on where I feel like I should be able to log my time from, but instead I'm left clicking around for awhile before I find where I can do that. I've found it's not always very easy to find what I'm looking for quickly.

Good Agile Project Management

The tool is used to manage the team in Agile Development Environment.

Pros

This tool has integrated Business Intelligence reports. Online tutorial is available as a Support. Can be linked with different scrum methodologies like kanban etc There is a provision for a Risk Management and mitigation.

Cons

The UI of the application should be improved and made User-friendly The application behaves slow when logged in on diffrent system with same UserId. Pricing of the tool is bit high.

Great for Agile Development

We use this to track and plan our development and defects from sprint to sprint and from PI to PI.

Pros

I like that VersionOne has so many configurable options for each story that it makes it easy to track data and from sprint to sprint. It works fairly well in a large company where you can create different rooms for each team and they can all track their progress on the boards.

Cons

It can be buggy and the server goes down at times. The UI is not the best accessing different fields on stories and the saving feature sometimes works and at other times is doesn't, which can be frustrating.

Best Agile Management tool

Pros

Best Tool to manage the Sprint Backlogs and Issue trackers. VersionOne was designed specifically to support agile and lean software delivery processes. It has the Best Dashboard option.

Cons

Not have the option to inform the concerned person via email when we mentioned their name in comment section or when we assign a story to some one we not have the option to Automatic mail.

Extremely recommenced for SAFE

Pros

-Apt for SAFE -Great reporting -Capable of running multiple trains in SAFE -Micro level tracking and reporting

Cons

-Note very user friendly -Will take some time to get familiar with

Good to use

Pros

The best part of this product is that you can assign one user story to multiple stack holders such as developer, QA, PO etc.

Cons

The graph which shows the progress made by a user on the story is difficult to understand.

We use this to track projects and the progress of those projects

VersionOne allows me to help track and plan work for multiple teams across my foundation. it keeps moat of my day to day information with my high level project overview information in a single platform.

Pros

VersionOne allows us to track an idea all the to completion. We use it to break projects into Epics, the stories, and then into workable tasks for our development team. Two of our teams work within sprint boundries, whikle another team uses the KanBan features. I can see the progress of either team at any given time.

Cons

The Epic or Portfolio portion of VersionOne seem to be an after thought. Not all subscriptions use them, so they are not consistently used within reporting and other functionality. We use the Epic portion to track big pieces of functionality, but have to tie them to overall projects out of the software. The tool bar is not available in all screens, so navigation can be tricky if you do not know the quirks of VersionOne.

VersionOne Agile Management

It has been one of the different tools that were tested in my organization when we started to migrate our processes to agile methodologies. We were looking for software that could work with small teams in scrum that would allow to plan Sprint and automate processes, which VersionOne is quite efficient and complete in that. My main use as a product owner was to have full visibility of the progress and performance of the project, and thus have the necessary information to make decisions based on data for new plans, changes and possible problems.

Pros

Version one is a platform for agile solutions, which according to my experience is one of the most complete and innovative with which I have worked. The integration between the different parties that collaborate in the life cycle of a software is one of its highlights. The possibility of connecting equipment and processes is what guarantees a fast and efficient delivery of a product / software and everything with the same tool. Particularly one of the characteristics is the possibility of interacting with other teams, sharing ideas, stories or concerns, as well as doing task tracking, stories with all the test-cases, design etc.

Cons

VersionOne has a wide variety of features that make it a robust and comprehensive tool, but that same variety of features make it an overwhelming tool to implement and configure properly. It takes time and training to be able to make the most of it. It is always in constant update, which is very good, but sometimes I can play against you when you are used to using some function and are in a hurry to finish an action.

A very good software, with the best in market features.

This is the premium software when it comes to project management - esp Agile. It has the best features such as creating stories, sub-stories - ease of splitting a story into two sub- stories was superb. Also the features such as tracking the story progress with all the test-cases, design etc being attached under/to the story was very useful feature. Tracking the burn-down charts and velocity very...

Pros

1. Best in class features - a comprehensive bouquet of all the necessary features. 2. Good UI and even better usability.

Cons

Only one that is pricing.

Great company with a solid vision and plan to get there

Pros

While I view the tool as the least important part of an Agile transformation as it has to be an enable of people and process, it cannot be a prohibitor and it must keep pace with the changing landscape. VersionOne has always been quick to solicit feedback and then adjust their roadmap to enable the capabilites such as SAFe. We have been able to expand the use of VersionOne beyond development into other areas of our business and had great success. Their willingness to integrate with other tools, including other ALM vendors like JIRA is a strong bonus.

Cons

There are always features that a different vendor may do in a way that generates a question as to why VersionOne doesn't do it that way. Prior to their decision to integrate with JIRA, this was a challenge for several of our teams that use JIRA for issue tracking.

Great Kanban Project Software

Team workbench! Able to see all projects, how they're moving across the Kanban board, upstream/downstream dependencies, blockers, and helps with budgeting and resource usage allocation.

Pros

Cons

Hard to navigate thru some pieces. Not was well visually shown WRT Feature, Story, Tasks. Make a little easier to navigate the tree.

Agile done right

It is helping my organization in implementing Agile. It is a boon for scrum masters.

Pros

The best feature is ability to add custom fields. It lets you customize the filters as per your need. I also like the fact that it has a clean interface coupled with all features of agile such as sprint planning, scheduling. backlogand project planning. It is one of the best software suited for agile.

Cons

It is slow. Takes forever to load the backlog if it is huge.

Excellent project tracking and management tool

Pros

I used VersionOne while working on a software product and phone app for Lutron Electronics that helped end the user control wireless shades at the touch of a button. VersionOne enables me to manage software bugs, project deadlines, and end user feedback on an interconnected and robust framework. VersionOne provides a holistic view of an IT project, and fits right in with Agile development. Compared to TFS for .NET projects, it is at par or better in almost all respects.

Cons

Agile Project management - Tick!

Pros

It is one of the best project management softwares I have used. It gives you a good tracking mechanism of how many days are required, you can reduce the number of hours and see the velocity of the work progress.

Cons

It is constantly being modified, it is a good thing (and a lot of change is bad as well). I had made a suggestion on a feature, I never got my ticket answered though.

We use VersionOne to manage developer tasking and customer requirements

Excellent time and issue tracking. It allows us to easily get a quick overview of what everyone on the team is working on.

Pros

VersionOne's user interface is clean, easy to use, and powerful. It's responsive an allows me to see what my team's working on at a glance. I like how easily VersionOne integrates with our agile workflow.

Cons

Price is a factor. There are cheaper solutions out there especially for smaller teams. Some features can be a little confusing to use properly without prior training such as splitting issues between sprints.

Works well

Pros

Team rooms are great for planning and tracking. Makes it easy to keep track of stories, defect, and epics.

Cons

It seems like the site changes every time you login. Although the constant improvement is appreciated, it can be frustrating when things move around frequently.

Expensive but feature filled

Pros

For backlog tracking and burn down this is a great tool for scrum masters.

Cons

It is expensive per seat license when most users are simply moving stories for agile tracking.

Secure info, needs improvements

Pros

We purchased this because it was more secure than the software we used previously. It was important for us to protect the projects we were working on.

Cons

Our developers created several Google Chrome plugins to enhance the features of Version One. We needed a way to sort and color code our branded projects. We needed a way to show how old a card was getting. We needed a way to add a deadline for a card. Etc, etc.

Great tool to help you make better decisions providing visibility

VersionOne is one of the finest agile tool. It helps team be more agile and show the details of time spent vs time remaining to help plan and execute in a sprint

Pros

Reporting is awesome

Cons

It can get very clicky, there should be more shortcuts

Could be better

Pros

I like the Epic Kanban board and the ability to edit it.

Cons

The easy of use could be much better. Cumbersome for a product manager to brainstorm and build long term roadmaps.

Version one, good for agile, not time keeping or searches

Pros

Good number of agile tools and graphical options

Cons

In the age of google, the search function is terrible