Viewpath Reviews

Pros

I love the ease of use, the ability to navigate the application and just be able to use all features.

I like in the included tutorials to show you how the software works and I love how many options you have when putting together a project and how you can share things easily with other project members.

Vatia C.

Easey to use, ability to allow client access, clean, uncluttered screens, excellent customer support, flexable licensing model, G-suite integration.

Wayne H.

Cons

Some errors occured while changing between projects (Error creating automatic backup Snapshot: Error: Upload failed) and uploading files to a task.

Marcus K.

Amy S.

Greg M.

3.9

A tremendous project management solution providing low maturity organizations what is needed to grow

A team can immediately become a highly functioning project team with this solution and information can flow where it is needed.

Pros

Viewpath provides project teams with an easy-to-use collaborative solution. It allows teams to perform at higher levels when planning and executing their projects without the burden of a lot of training or rigor. Your organization will see a very high return on their solution investment. Most solutions are built at higher levels of maturity and most organizations operate at lower levels. Viewpath provides the ability to function where the organization is today while allowing teams to grow in maturity by sharing consistent, repeatable project planning and delivery.

Cons

Viewpath does what it was designed for. Of the functions available, there is nothing I dislike, but I would like to see more PPM functionality added to make it a more complete solution.

We are very happy the tool works well for you!

Time Management Options

As noted earlier, there are other options out there and some are more powerful and robust...but the downside is that they tend to be more expensive and there's a steeper learning curve. Similarly, I've used Excel-type systems and find that they are not as good in terms of providing linkages between tasks (e.g., start-to-finish) and they are typically designed to run on the PC itself (not cloud based). ViewPath strikes a happy medium, it's easy to use and easy to teach.

Pros

In my capacity as a nonprofit business consultant, I know that many small business owners may recognize what a Gantt chart looks like but they couldn't tell you what it was by the name and they certainly have never used it. Consequently, I frequently make the introduction to them and show them the benefits (including it's value as part of the contract bidding process). I have explored a multitude of options and find that ViewPath is very simple to use and intuitive. It also is able to produce graphic representations better than , say, an Excel-based chart does.

Cons

Most very small businesses can't afford even modestly priced software. That cost can escalate when you want to use it as shareware with more than one subscriber. I usually have them create a free account and then use screenshots to draw on the images themselves. This is not optimal but it works and once the company is more profitable they're more likely to consider taking out a subscription.

Wonderful feedback! Thank you for taking the time.

Solid Project Management Tool

Viewpath is a great alternative to the standard Gantt chart displays because you customize and filter outputs to display what you want. This allows you and others to focus on what's relevant.

Pros

The software is easy to use and set up. It does the basics well - you can view an overview of your project(s) and the activities / tasks across a timeline. You can use standard templates or customize which is helpful.

Cons

Having more options for task relationships would be useful for more complex projects. Also a task is automatically marked as complete when actual hours equal or exceed budgeted hours, however the task may still be active so an indicator of "cost overrun" rather than "complete" would be better.

Mixed Review

Ultimately we have moved away from Viewpath. We opted for a more well rounded solution that had time tracking, accounting, and CRM in one tool.

Pros

We liked the in-line data entry and short cut keys. This may seem lower on the list of priorities, but having evaluated many options, this is rare and really does save time. We chose Viewpath because of the ability to handle multiple complex projects, and it's alignment with traditional project management.

Cons

It was glitchy. Time tracking was a real issue and since it didn't do that well, we needed it to integrate with other programs. Integration with other Saas was a challenge.

Basic but good depending on your needs

Viewpath has been helpful for me to have but I usually use it for my own purposes rather than as a team because of the various levels of access. It's nice to have as a task list and a big picture of a project or projects in general and to get a view of the timeline.

Pros

Viewpath is easy to use and pretty intuitive. It's a basic project management tool that gives you the big picture of the timeline as well as the broken down tasks. The customer service is always prompt and helpful! Every time I've emailed with a question, I have received a response quickly and they've been able to walk me through whatever problem I was having.

Cons

The levels of access is a bit frustrating and somewhat confusing. I lose track of who can see what and which tasks they can change. As a project coordinator for different departments that use it off and on, it's frustrating to have these kinds of levels of access to navigate and work around.

Excellent Tool, Excellent Support

I use Viewpath to manage project where I want the client to be able to see progress. Easy for clients to use. Also like for diverse teams - set up a resource and they can view and update their tasks without the need for a license. BIG time saver!

Pros

Cons

No issues. I think this is a great application.

Thank you Wayne! We are thrilled that you are able to save time with Viewpath.

Good alternative to MS Project

Pros

If you’re looking for a cheaper solution for Project Management Software, Viewpath fit the needs.

Cons

It does not have all the capabilities of MS Project.

Thank you for the review David. We are releasing a number of features in the next couple months that might be of interest to you if you are looking for more features that you have used in MS Project

Review of Viewpath

Overall, Viewpath gets the job done, but it is not as simple to use and there are some functionality issues that make it a better tool for internal use but would prevent me from using it for external clients.

Pros

the layout and view is straightforward and shows an organized schedule structure that is easy to read. The color shading helps to keep the schedule visually organized.

Cons

it is sometimes difficult to make changes, export options often have issues (not able to print or export in color has been an issue), not intuitive to make quick changes to the schedule.

Thank you for the review William. This feedback is very helpful. Have you seen the latest version of Viewpath? The ability to make changes as well as enhanced printing was a big focus for our latest version. Please let us know if you would like to see the latest version. Thanks again.

Basic planning software

Pros

Viewpath is fairly easy to navigate. Good for basic scheduling.

Cons

Viewpath is not as feature-rich as other software programs such as MS Project, Smartsheet, Primavera, etc.

Nice tool for project or life planning

I use the tool for personal life planning to visualize the next ~5 years of our family life (births, pre-school, vehicle purchases, house remodel)

Pros

Free mode, web-based, easy to get started

Cons

lack of ease in zooming out timeline (I have a 5 year life plan I'm using the tool for); not enough features available in free mode

Great use of the product! Thank you for your feedback!

Viewpath

Our company uses viewpath to keep every employee's tasks organized. Helps us know who needs to do what and when for each of our clients.

Pros

Keeps everyone on task - know what you need to do and when.

Cons

Doesn't always refresh a project to 100% complete unless you open the project and save.

Viewpath User

Pros

The ability to make templates based on activities duration times.

Cons

Its inability to use it on smarthphones.

Thank you for your review Diego! We know that smart phone functionality is important. At the moment, you can use the latest version of Viewpath on a smartphone. Please let us know if you would like to see this. We also plan to release an app in the future for mobile devices

Viewpath review

I'm continually learning new things, but it takes time.

Pros

It is a great way to work on projects with co-workers.

Cons

It takes a while to get used to using it. I know there are still many features I don't know how to use.

Thank you for the review Lisa! We have just done an overhaul on the overall look and feel. We hope that this makes your experience more intuitive and easier to use.

Viewpath

This program worked well for creating basic schedules that I used to track my projects

Pros

IT was easy to learn the concept of how the program worked.

Cons

There were some glitches were certain tasks would lock and i was not able to edit the timelines

Viewpath Review

Overall good. Customer support is fantastic. However, each browser window consumes much CPU thus you can't open too many windows. Also hard to perform mutiple scenarios at the same time.

Pros

Online collaboration makes it easy to work with other people (not just project/program manager him/herself)

Cons

Consume too much CPU which affact the ability for multi-tasking.

Looks simple and easy to use

Pros

Available in the cloud, so access isn't limited to on-prem; seems fairly intuitive; can turn the Gantt chart on and off; easy color-coding. The on-screen instructions via for the Org Setup Wizard and Resources were super helpful.

Cons

No real cons at this point, although my ability to explore via the self-guided trial was pretty limited. Would love to see the same kind of on-screen instructions via for the Org Setup Wizard and Resources continued for all the different features.

Thank you Jessica! This is great feedback. We are working on a more thorough tutorial. It should be available very soon. In the meantime we do have a short full overview video we can provide you if you are interested. Thanks again!

Better software out there

Overall experience not good. Our company has all but completely broken away from the use of Viewpath for more modern, easier to use software.

Pros

I do like the systematic ability to scroll through a project and check off each person's tasks as they are completed.

Cons

Although I like the way Viewpath keeps one task "together" where one can view completion in percentages, I feel it is harder to wrestle with than Asana or other project tracking software.

User Recommendation-Viewpath

Using Viewpath as my PM tracking tool keeps me focused on the task at hand

Pros

Ease of use for the person beginning to use a Project Management SW

Cons

Copy and paste can be fun; until you get use to the nuance of the program.

Thank you for your review! Import functionality is coming very shortly. We realize it is difficult to copy and paste. Would you like us to notify you as soon as import has been released?

View works for multiple simultaneous projects

Pros

I am managing 52 projects at once and have good visibility for all 52. It is a simple task to copy projects and re-order them as needed.

Cons

Having to collapse all 52 projects every time I login. An "overview" button or view would be helpful. If I leave Viewpath open all day, I get odd visual artifacts on the screen and have to restart the program.

My Viewpath Review

My overall experience is great, I've used Viewpath on my last 5 projects and its seemless.

Pros

Cons

Being able to convert a complete schedule into a PDF.

Thank you for your review! We will be releasing the PDF function shortly. Hopefully it makes Viewpath even more useful for you.

Viewpath

Our company uses it to track projects and task.

Pros

Nothing about it other than maybe it looks like an excel spreadsheet.

Cons

It is not user friendly and does not allow functionality that is needed to make completing task easy.

Pros

It was helpful in managing projects and keeping track

Cons

Changes to the project timeline almost never saved on the website causing issues with projects.

Accessible project scheduling

Pros

Viewpath has a clean interface with collaborative functionality. It is easy to create milestones, tasks, and sub-tasks to track and manage projects. Viewpath equips project managers with the visibility they need to stay on top of a work effort easily and in real time.

Cons

It takes a little time to get used to Viewpath compared to other tools like Microsoft Project, but that might be a good thing as the interface is uncluttered and easy to understand.

First Time User

I just started using this software but am excited to continue to see all of the benefits

Pros

Cons

Nothing yet. I'm just starting to use the software and am enjoying it so far.

Thank you Vatia! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the software so far.

PM Tools - hard to find

Very good. Using it to develop the WBS's for all my projects

Pros

Easy to get the WBS done and assign resources, timeline

Cons

Not simple to track against a baseline and sometimes it is hard to move tasks up and down the WBS

Thank you!