All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Workamajig

Project & workflow management for the creative industry

Workamajig Reviews

Workamajig is magic

Works great and keeps accurate report of timesheet

Pros

The desktop feel and able to move windows around

Cons

That its built on Adobe Flash while most pages are HTML5

Hi Nirari, Thank you for sharing your feedback; we are glad to hear you enjoy using our platform. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Agency working with WMJ

It feels like an early 2000s relic that is trying to look cool in a modern era.

Pros

The color scheme is OK. It loads pretty quickly as well.

Cons

The calendar system. Absolute worst. It causes me headaches daily. I wish our company went 100% to another platform for calendaring, one that EVERY OTHER CLIENT IN THE WORLD uses so that my meetings and their meetings could talk to one another. This WMJ system has probably cost me at least a half hour of lost productivity every two days.

Hi Craig, We appreciate your honest feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. WMJ supports calendar sync with Exchange or Google Calendar and we would like to investigate the issues you are experiencing. Our team is waiting to help at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

A planner's dream

It worked wonders for us on a small project in which we needed to be well aware of the finances and everyone's involvement. This may change on scales much larger but I think it'll always find use.

Pros

Workamajig is like every project management tool ever, stripped to its most essentials and merged into one. I frankly cannot think of a single type of project Workamajig couldn't be useful for. It great for handling huge amounts of data, sharing across platforms and automating workflow.

Cons

It can get a bit hectic whenever you'd like to generate reports from it though, as if its constantly checking on whether or not you'd like to output the same kind of information.

I would not recommend it

Not good, I need to start evaluating other solutions as I am not happy with this one. The amount of time that our account managers waste with this tool is very unproductive....

Pros

I like the idea of the tool being one stop shop for an agency, but in reality is so difficult to use and cumbersome that I would rather use several unrelated systems...

Cons

It is incredibly cumbersome and difficult to use, I wonder if Workamajic has done any user testing before putting out their new version, it's visually more appealing than the old one but doesn't follow a consistent logic and has too many steps.

Does what it needs to— but not intuitive and takes a while to figure out.

Pros

Does what it needs to do. Track hours and submitbexpense reports

Cons

Takes a whole lot to submit expense reports. Very repetitive tasks that are not needed: clicking, go here go there. Not a fan.

Hi there, Thank you for letting us know what you think about Workamajig. Your feedback enables us to continue to improve our product. I'd like to opportunity to improve your experience, but I do not want to get too granular on this thread. Our support team is waiting to help you at support@workamajig.com with solutions to specific issues you mentioned. Regards, Hannah TeamWMJ

Good, But Could Be Better

Overall, I've used more than my fair share of project management and time tracking software. It's powerful and great to have it all in one place. However, some of it does feel dated.

Pros

One of the most powerful options that I've seen to create and manage tasks, and track time. Lots of options and it seems like the sky is the limit.

Cons

It still is flash based. What year is this? It's a huge security vulnerability. I would pay for a copy and paste option.

Hi Mike, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our Platinum version has been released, which is HTML 5 based. Our team is happy to schedule a demo and training on the new interface at training@workamajig.com; I will have your account rep. follow-up. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

I use workamajig daily at work for tracking my projects

Workamajig will get the job done, and is beneficial in managing and tracking projects for large teams.

Pros

Workamajig, is able to give a lot of information about tracking time, and progress on projects. The software has a lot of tools that are very useful for project management.

Cons

The software is very manual in a lot of ways and leaves a lot of room for human error. The UI feels very dated, and if not managed properly feels cluttered.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. We are constantly working to better our user experience and have recently released our HTML5 based Platinum interface. In addition, our support team is happy to review ways to streamline processes at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Ugh, bane of my existence

It's our main time tracking software, and an office-wide joke.

Pros

The search function is kind of nice. It has a TON of features. It integrates well with Quick Books.

Cons

There's so much. The super unconventional UI layout and structure that requires so much from users to learn. Every day someone has to ask the admin how to even do the most basic functions. No one knows how it works, or comes close to using it to its full potential. It's slow. It crashes sometimes, losing people tons of time doing timesheets. Creating new jobs is a hassle. I can keep going.

hello

easy

Pros

Simple to use. Efficient. Does what it needs to.

Cons

Boring interface. Could do with a little more

Hi Sid, Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear WMJ is simple to use and efficient. We have recently released our Platinum interface and are constantly striving to improve our user experience; we appreciate any additional feedback at feedback@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Tracking Hours for Public Relations

Pros

I like the functionality of the software and the ability to copy timesheets from a previous week. Set timers for activities and the ability to pull other's time sheets.

Cons

I would say for the most part it provides all the features you would need.

Hi Laura, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm happy to hear that you've gained value from Workamajig's timekeeping feature. As always, we're here if you have any questions at all. Please feel free to reach out to support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

YAY WMJ

Pros

Clean, easy to use platform.

Cons

Not able to view files or task description easily after closing out of task.

Good collaboration tool for the creative industry

Pros

I used Workamajig while doing some contract work for a client in the creative industry. It turned out to be a surprisingly good collaboration tool, and really saved time for your project (we were on a fairly tight deadline). I hadn't heard of it until then, and I gather it's mostly used in that industry, but it was great.

Cons

While I probably didn't use all the features of Workamajig (I wasn't a manager), I didn't have any trouble.

Hi Andrew, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig! I'm happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our tool and that it helped you to save time on your project. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Workamajig is Great!

We like Workamajig and have used it for years!

Pros

This software allows us to track projects profitability, success and our workers time.Which makes estimating for future projects a lot faster and easier.

Cons

The software does take some getting used to as it is not the most intuitive.

Hi Sarah, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear WMJ is delivering value to your team. Let us know if we can be of any service at support@workamajig.com Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Workamajig Review

Pros

It's fairly robust - there are lots of things you can do with it from accounting to estimating

Cons

It's not even a little bit intuitive and it's visually clunky

Hi Tracy, We appreciate your feedback as we are continually working to better our user experience. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our team is also happy to address questions at support@workamajig.com Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Outdated tool

Pros

Seems to have a lot of features if you can find it and tailor it to your situation

Cons

Requires Flash, a little clunky to use, poor and outdated user interface, a little slow

Hi Shawn, Thank you for your feedback. Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface? We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate. There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url. We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Attempting to use as a go between for creative and marketing, it's not a project management tool.

being able to appropriately charge and track the time spent and the value of that time was a new and eye opening possibility, but the handing off of the ownership of thprojects from one team to another is not smooth or seamless.

Pros

time tracking and spend associated with projects is easy to track, we use it to charge projects back to the owner and to locate portions of projects that are to time consuming.

Cons

the diary and comments are not a convenient or intuitive way to hand over information about the state of a project

Hi Johanna, Thank you for sharing your experience. There are available solutions to the specific issues you have mentioned and we'd love to help you resolve them, but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Our support team will be following up shortly. Also, we'd love to hear any enhancement suggestions at feedback@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Workamajig review

For In-House Teams, Workamajig helps every member of your entourage. With Resource Management features, Workamajig keeps members and your project on track and on task. Analytics keeps you informed so you can make the best decisions. Saving time means saving money. Workamajig recognizes your timeline and helps you achieve your creative project's deadline.

Pros

Easy accessibility on your phone, iPad and computer On-line collaboration with team members Resource management and data analysis Time management

Cons

Because Workamajig keeps you and your team members on task and on time, there is nothing not to like about this software. If you are in the creative industry, give Workamajig a trial run. You'll discover your team will be lost without it!

Workamajig is great for organizations whose projects have little-to-no flexibility

It has been okay. It gets the job done.

Pros

I like that tracking projects can be easy with “Jig.” Additionally, it’s great that it’s ever-evolving and they release updates roughly every month.

Cons

It’s glitchy and makes partnering with certain teams complicated. It’s easy to establish processes within for a specific team or two, but when mapping out collaborations with vastly different teams, it poses challenges. I’ve also had instances where projects or comments completely disappear if I use certain browsers.

It's the worst

The most unnecessary complicated workflow system I've ever used.

Pros

It's way to complicated, hard to find things and log things. I've been begging my company to switch.

Cons

it's too complicated to add your timecard or create tasks.

Hi there, Thank you for your candid feedback. I'm sorry to hear you've had some difficulty with Workamajig. We'd love the opportunity to improve your experience, and would like to set up a review call to discuss your use of the program. Please feel free to reach out to support@workamajig.com with any questions, or to schedule this call. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Found it to be a decent experience but not simple enough to enjoy utilizing.

Pros

Logging time is easy, but a bit slower than it should be. I like being able to check where we stand against the budget in a quick manner.

Cons

Expense reporting is a nightmare. The system is just not nearly as intuitive as it can/should be. There are a number of improvements that need to be made.

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to improve our product and user experience and would love to hear specifics around the improvements you'd like to see with expense reporting. Please send additional details to feedback@workamajig.com. Much appreciated, Megan Team WMJ

awesome tool for managing projects

Pros

project management, association with a specific campaign, tracking vs. not tracking, clearly see who owns what in each process

Cons

hard to navigate, a little clunky, don't like having to press 'screen' to refresh a page, or to use as the 'go' button

Hi Danielle, Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear what you love (or don't love) about our program. We've been adding walk-thrus to the new Platinum interface to help you easily navigate & find what you're looking for. Check em out & let us know what you think at feeedback@workamajig.com :) Regards, Hannah Team Workamajig

If your employer hates you

We have to use it. We hate it. It just reminds people they are part of the machine.

Pros

It's a time tracker and expense tracker and does those things. It can export to quickbooks. Technically its does what its supposed to

Cons

I can't think of a worse designed software. Confusing, slow, difficult. It makes the people working for you miserable.

Time Input is a breeze

Pros

The user experience is very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

It would be great if it was able to tell you who to reach out to and the job number creator.

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the user experience, and that you find our product easy to use. I'd like to make your experience even better! The daily feed on the project shows who created the project and when :) Please feel free to reach out to Workamajig with any questions at support@workamajig.com - we're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Not too efficient

Overall, I wouldn't use this software again. I believe there are more user friendly tools available.

Pros

I liked that the software did keep track of time and projects. It was good to at least have a central location for projects and time allocation.

Cons

I didn't like how non-intuitive the software was. It seemed that a lot had to be done to accomplish a little.

my review

Pros

I like that there is a product that can consolidate a business's needs into one (project mgmt, accounting, client services, etc.)

Cons

There are so many glitches. Its hard to accomplish anything when it isn't working properly.

Hi Meg, Thank you for your candid feedback, as it helps us to continue to improve our product. If there are specific issues you've experienced in Workamajig, please let us know at support@workamajig.com and we'll be happy to look into it. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.