Adobe Workfront Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.28/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

This is regularly a superb item for any business to have. Makes imaginative tasks a breeze.
Excellent proof approval tool, excellent user capabilities and interface, complex data capabilities.
Our overall experience has been great so far. The support staff have been helpful and we are loving it so far.
I also get frustrated sometimes with the way that comments and updates can get "trapped" at a task level and you can end up having to click around for a while to find a conversation.
I find it difficult at times when I’m trying to figure out the order of comments. Sometimes the screen gets wonky and I lose my place and it zooms in on accident a lot.
With any software it is not always correct and sometimes if the software is not correct it can lead to issues or wrong decisions down the road.

1,211 reviews

Jeffrey P.

Digital Marketing Manager

Media Production, 201-500 employees

Great project management for creative and marketing departments

Transcript

Jeff: Hi, my name is Jeff. I'm a digital marketing director, and I give Adobe Workfront a four out of...

Corey J.

Director of Strategic Communications

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Lifesaving Product

Transcript

Corey: Hi, my name's Corey. I'm a Director of Strategic Communications. I would give Adobe Workfront...

Sophie B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Very satisfactory. Can’t imagine another product meeting the needs of our org with so many workflows and such complex data needs. Incredible customer service and training resources. Incredibly helpful annual conference for users and potential buyers.

Pros

Workfront is a fantastic, adaptable project and resource management system. If you have diverse needs across your org or company, it is the product for you. It can be fully adapted to very disparate teams. I find new features and functionality every day.

Cons

Because it’s so able-to-be-tailored, a high-quality implementation can take a looong time, but their implementation services are fantastic

Shayla B.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Workfront simplifies project and job routing

I use Workfront on a daily basis, for the better part of each day. When I submit proofs to clients, they have the option to read the proof, make any comments or suggestions they have, or decide whether or not the proof should be authorized. The tools that are located at the top of the page may be used by the customer with ease to highlight or point to what they want altered.

Pros

I enjoy that the dashboard makes it simple to view the tasks on which I have been tasked to work as well as the due dates for those projects. I am able to view the approvals that are waiting, as well as my to-do list, which helps me keep my job on track.

Cons

The calendar function on their website is not to my liking. It does not function very well, and it makes it tough to view your projects within a monthly timeline, which is something that is incredibly crucial for a content team to achieve.

Jo

Julie oluchi E.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Adobe workfront

It is user friendly, easy user interface , my overall experience has been superb.

Pros

It locates strategically and prioritized a work speedily, with easy user interface and a high ethical standards.

Cons

Bad customer service, thats customers support are not readily available because the systems may not easily get adapted.

JP

Judy P.

Management Consulting,

Long time administrator of AtTask/Workfront

Pros

Workfront has allowed our department to fine-tune our projects, which consist of approx. 45-50 projects per year over three selling seasons, all working concurrently. We have been able to integrate our Product Development dept in NYC and our distribution facility in South Carolina, in order to Go to Market in a seamless manner. There is visibility for anyone who needs it and a range of reporting functions.

Cons

It can be frustrating to set everything up in a particular manner, only to have it become a 'legacy'. The challenge I've faced as the admin for my company is that it's not my full time job and it can be time-consuming to figure things out at times, or try to configure a work-around to meet our needs. The reporting has improved a lot since we started with the product 7 years ago, but there are still some basic needs that aren't met, such as the fact that there's a beautiful Milestone report, but it's not printable. It is the exact type of report that is most useful for our organization, but it's impossible to print out for our dept meeting, for instance.

Mahamat seid D.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

the best project management software

the overall experience of Adobe Workfront is good. it is an indispensable tool if you want to be competitive

Pros

I like the ease with which Adobe Workfront manages my projects, detects problems and proposes solutions

Cons

I'm not a fan of Adobe Workfront, but I find the price high for beginners.

SC

Shannon C.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Workflow Management and More

Overall Workfront has helped our organization by helping to create a repeatable process with workflows to teams we've chosen. We can now differentiate between low complexity and med/high complexity work. We can measure incoming work because ALL work comes in as a task. Workfront serves as the one source of truth to find marketing work and final files. Hours are now measurable, ready to start tasks by team or department are easy to view. API usage has tremendously enhanced our experience as well.

Pros

The customizability of the platform is amazing. Based on the functionality of the tool, we created customized request queues and forms, and customized project templates for a consistent process. All work flows from an initial request and ends with project completion. Assignments are easily made due to the preassigned job roles on each task in templates. Also, the reporting feature is fantastic. We create reports and dashboards for Team Leads, Requesters, Workers, Executives to show them the data that's meaningful to them.

Cons

User experience is a problem for us. Depending on the job someone is doing, using the tool correctly can be confusing. We've had to change the process to stop using issues because users couldnt remember to create the issues on a task level but put them on a project level. These issues were then hidden and timelines not altered by the issue. Users have a hard time with understanding documents on a task...

AM

Anne Marilyn N.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Review For Adobe Workfront

The project template is amazing for repeatable work flow with transparency.

Pros

Adobe Workfront helps me to absolutely stay up to speed with my work. It gives my team a unified work management application for sharing information.

Cons

It can be rather confusing at first as the platform has too many features.

GM

Gokularaja M.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewer

Very good software, highly recommended to use this software

Pros

Adobe workfront, thank you for creating this software. i use this software daily for work management.

Cons

kindly initiate good update for Adobe workfront software. very simple to use this kind of software.

mb

moughit b.

Computer Software, self-employed

The most efficient project management system

We wanted to use this software to support our project management procedure and to inform and coordinate the work of numerous stakeholders. The configuration of this product enables better project handling and management. To view the progress of projects and report to stakeholders, Workfront creates a snapshot of all your projects in one location, allowing you to know where all your tasks are and who is being evaluated.

Pros

-It is an easy to use program-Produces a professional end product-Uploading and downloading documents is simple-The ability to customize and create user-friendly dashboards

Cons

-A bit expensive for a small business-It often takes many clicks to get to a site-You have to prepare an entire other folder or archive for placing closed projects

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Adobe Workfront: A Comprehensive and User-Friendly Project Management Solution

Using Adobe Workfront can be a good experience. It has lots of features and tools, a user-friendly interface, and some customization options. It can really improve project and work management for organizations.

Pros

Workfront has a ton of features and tools for managing projects, tasks, resources, and collaboration. It's a pretty comprehensive solution for organizations of all sizes.

Cons

Workfront has some customization options, but it's not as flexible as other project management platforms when it comes to really tailoring the interface and workflow to your specific needs.

Courtney S.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

It's fantastic to track all my ongoing tasks with Adobe

The UI is quite well-designed. It's a cinch to jump straight into proofreading and seeing what the rest of the team has to say. Other team members make great use of it and notify me when I need to be tagged.

Pros

Workfront is a powerful project management application that makes it possible to break down large projects into manageable chunks. With the help of the system, we can distribute papers between teams and clients, and follow the project's progress through its many stages. Documents may be uploaded and downloaded with ease.

Cons

If Workfront could connect to several Salesforce accounts, that would be fantastic. We are unable to automate the transfer of data from Salesforce to Workfront since our company has several Salesforce instances. In addition, it would be great if Workfront could integrate with numerous Sharepoints at once.

AK

Andrew K.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Sys Admin User

We use the tool to manage all website development projects (tasks, assignments, schedule, LOE, performance reporting, team management, etc.) time logging, Agile burndown, Kanban, employee tracking, and billing; pretty much every aspect of our business.

Pros

-The ability to customize the software to fit within your business operations. It's not a one size fits all where you have to modify company operations to fit within like other PM software. -The reporting functionality and the ability to build custom reports -Once you learn how to use it and get to know the intricacies, textmode is AMAZING! It allows you to build very custom reports, templates, fields,...

Cons

-We submit enhancement ideas or tickets to the product team and feel like they always just get lost in the shuffle. There are a lot of things that we could use but I guess other companies or Workfront don't see the value so our ideas are very slow to be added to their Product Roadmap or come to market. -It's not the cheapest on the market, that's for sure. -There is somewhat of a learning curve for new employees at my company trying to learn the software just because it is SO powerful. -There could be better integrations, specifically with Git.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Big Fan

I started as a planner and then got promoted to a Marketing Project Manager and became the System Admin. Over time I've noticed people staying on track of their assignments better and knowing overall deadlines. Also all communication for the project lives in one place for everyone on the project, so you don't have to be worried about falling out of the loop via emails like before. User adoption is up thanks to great boot camp training for me as a system admin.

Pros

I really like the organizational elements. Building templates takes a lot of time, but once they're built, it makes it easy for bulk editing and converting requests into projects. When it was first implemented, the company wasn't on board outside of the Marketing department. After attending Admin Boot Camp, I created a staff training program and now user adoption is much higher. I especially love the legacy of projects. You can refer to previous years for recurring events/projects. Your support team is very nice and professional. Lately your team has offered calls after submitting tickets which I greatly appreciate it. It makes it much clearer on both ends. Also love that all documents, updates, etc. live in one place and not in dozens of offline emails!

Cons

The new Home isn't fantastic. There are still a lot of limitations, so the number of clicks are still the same as the legacy version. For example, if they want to refer to a document in the task, they have to click into the task. Also, there's difficulty in seeing all updates made in the task so if you need to reply to a thread, you can't do it. At least our users can't.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 10,001+ employees

Complete and powerful PM information system with some areas to improve

Working in an in-house marketing department, we have been using Workfront for three years to manage our projects and operations. We need overall visibility on all the activities of our department, plus a powerful collaboration platform. Our main aim using Workfront is to manage the capacity vs workload of our department and to be able to forecast the demand. Workfront is fulfilling our basic needs, but we feel that there is a lack of ability to create clear dashboards or to have a better visibility of critical task between multiple projects at the same time (which happens when several campaigns overlap). There are other points to improve (see Cons below), but it seems that folks at Workfront are committed to improve those areas and correct the product weaknesses.

Pros

Logging hours is not painful (as it actually sounds), there are several choices to input them and it’s quite easy to get used to the habit. The collaboration features are very good: comments, sharing if documents, approvals... Work requests via assignments are clear and provide accountability. Integrated document proofing and versioning is a must for any creative department and this one works really well. Workfront support is quick and responses are elaborated, always providing a workaround if there isn't a functionality to match your need.

Cons

Reporting is a bit limited; while basic reporting is completely fulfilled and you can present the information in clear graphs, when you try to create complex relations (historic vs forecast, capacity vs demand) things get more complicated, there are limitations and you need workarounds to obtain the desired (or closest to the desired) information. Sharing of information is cumbersome; although you...

RL

Rebecca L.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Planning software that helps us get the job done

A great tool, I love the ease of use and the time it has saved my team!

Pros

We have produced hundreds of events and this software is essential to keeping us on time and on budget. The entire company uses it for everything from resource planning, event workflows and automated approvals, to our company-wide operations calendar and staffing. Being able to create customized dashboards to track, in real time, the progress of all of our ongoing projects has led to increased collaboration...

Cons

Because the platform is so robust there is a healthy learning curve for new employees, dedication to training and maintenance across the full company is needed for successful adoption.

VA

Vic A.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

Wonderful way to track your work, communicate and report on almost anything you can dream of.

It allowed our IT department to go from 5 products to track our work (ITSM, Assana, TFS, MS Project, and Spiratest) to one product where we use it for our Helpdesk, Projects, Agile Teams, Test Cases, and results, and many many dashboards and reports to gauge how we're doing. Now we're able to track our work and if the work belongs to another team we can pass it along without having to recreate it in another tool. The communication function is also been a success for us.

Pros

The work tracking, communication and reporting capabilities. Reporting is a misnomer because it's more of a screen view that allows you to dive deeper into the report and the objects in the report. The Communication methods of being able to comment on objects and allow people to respond via email and still append the reply as a log in the object has been a big win for us. Even naysayers now love the product in our organization. The reporting is so powerful I instruct users to develop their dream scenario and I can usually deliver what they want.

Cons

From time to time it can get glitchy. They've made great improvements on this over the years and I've had the same issue with other products too (i.e. MS Project used to crash on me once a day). But for the complexity of the product and all the functionality it delivers, it's a very small percentage of time that this occurs.

NR

Narayan R.

Information Technology and Services,

My experience with Workfront has been fantastic.

Pros

The software is extremely intuitive, very interactive and intelligently designed. It supports the many different approaches to work management and is highly flexible. The API also provides endless opportunity for enterprise integrations. The reporting is very powerful. The training offerings are extremely useful. Quarterly roadmap webinars provide administrators with a great overview of future functionality. The...

Cons

I least like the fact that the product was rebranded. I also do not like some of the limitations of the amounts of data that can be reported out of the system. While the reporting interface is very powerful, the application struggles to provide reports when large amounts of data are being reported on. The sandbox environments are very slow, which results in very little use of them. If they performed well, they would be used much more by our users and administrators for testing. Regarding the vendor, I sometimes feel like there are known issues, bugs or limitations within the software that should be addressed.

Entertainment, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Strong Project Delegation Site with Some Room to Improve

This replaced a previous program for task and artwork sharing purposes, pertaining to projects and collections. Once a master user customizes your dashboard, it is easy to see all of your projects in one place without digging through thousands of unrelated projects from other departments. (Make sure to pin your custom dashboard before you click away.) I like that this shows a percentage for each task...

Pros

Clear percentage gauge for project that changes as tasks are completed by team members. Customizable dashboards for each user or department to allow them to view what they need to see and work on, versus sifting through all the projects manually. Can share and upload files easily, including multiple versions. If sharing artwork, you can share many versions and updated files, with the option to compare past iterations side-by-side. Any edits needed for artwork files can be highlighted with lines that point to the area in question, which creates a little bubble that links to the sidebar with a comment from a teammate.

Cons

An admin for the site/master user needs to help with customizing the dashboards for new users. Master user has to grant/create special team groups/distribution so everyone on the team can see the project and receive updates. To clear notifications, one has to manually check that they've read all of them, or click through each link one by one.

AB

April B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Let Adobe help push your business into the future on time

Pros

What’s really incredible about Adobe is that it’s more than just a program that used to be for graphic design and computer nerds. Adobe has really pushed into the house Covid 2022 with a incredible program that allows your organization to use so many different features. The project management tool and all the other ones that assist such as time scheduling and tracking and project management assignment...

Cons

I think some of the harder parts of this program that seem to pop up or it’s a little bit harder to get used to working with us. It’s a lot more complicated than it seems sometimes for certain parts of the program. You have to be knowledgeable about how to use this program and you can’t just figure it out by just playing around in it. You really have to have a dedicated knowledgeable person who can run this program and do it well

Emma J. H.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Workfront Leading the Frontier of Web-Based Project Management Systems

Workfront is a great web-based project management platform. It is well-designed, and the company continues to make updates to improve it's platform and does not just sit on their hands for one annual update. It is very easy to link projects, manage workflows, the reporting is intuitive, and much more. In addition, asset management is streamlined with ability to house documents within projects, or...

Pros

Well-designed Continual Updates from Workfront instead of waiting to fix problems Ease of linking projects with cross-predecessors Managing Workflows Reporting DAM Engaged community with other Project Managers to discuss best ways to utilize Workfront Integration with other platforms

Cons

I am interested in almost all that Workfront has to offer, but to have everything it can do can be cost-prohibitive. My company has utilized other platforms, that may be less efficient and harder to keep everything consolidated, simply because of the additional cost of utilizing the feature in Workfront.

Powerful PPM cloud-based tool

Data! It provides the ability to capture so much data and then visualize it via report that it changed our organizational culture from rear facing to forward facing. We now make decisions that can impact future outcomes opposed to reviewing what happened last quarter, which we have no control over now.

Pros

It is a really cool tool. There are many features and so much functionality available. The best thing is the ability to collaborate within the system. Using static project management tools like project can cause issue with static information or mulitple versions of a plan floating about, but with a tool like this one, you have real-time project data. You also have the ability to capture custom data and the best feature is the ability to report on this data real-time.

Cons

There are a lot of features, functionality and configuration in this software. It provides solutions to so many problems and provides value, but you MUST have super users and sys admins to help maintain support and user adoption. This is not something that is easily onboarded in a day or two. It will take careful and thoughtful planning to configure, onboard, train and then support.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Key for keeping a project on track

Workfront is our exclusive project management software. We manage client-facing as well as internal projects using it. We also submit new projects through it and report hours on a monthly basis.

Pros

Workfront has been critical to our projects moving forward. It's customizable for both large-scale projects and individual, quick tasks. As someone who manages projects at a high level, Workfront allows me to see where the project is in development, who is responsible and if there are any problems that need to be addressed. In a client-facing role, I can quickly see if a project is on track for the agreed-upon timeline. The ability to tag internal task owners with questions and notifications is also critical. There are also key functionalities that allow for projects to be submitted and approved through the program as well, then export hours at the end when we look back on reporting on resources.

Cons

There is a learning curve that comes with all of the features of the program and you have to ensure your project management team is trained to use them. A very small criticism is that the Notifications button is very small so sometimes you don't notice if action is waiting on you if you're tasked with many projects within Workfront

Marketing and Advertising, 5,001-10,000 employees

Versatile Tool That Helps You Get Stuff Done

The biggest thing is controlling the chaos and putting all project related info in one place.

Pros

The tool allows use to build standardization across the global network while allowing for some customizations for individual business units. The tool also has a ton of features that allows a business unit to grow and mature in the tool and in the industry

Cons

The biggest thing for me is the price. It is an expensive tool and so some business units have to do weird or fancy workarounds to reduce the number of licenses purchased. This means they are not using the tool to its fullest potential.

AS

Anna S.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering,

A Workfront end user to be allocated work and track progress.

Pros

The overall interface and system is very intuitive to use. One of the most effective parts has been the clear segmentation of each project into separate tasks with individual deadlines and approval steps. This has helped with allocating the best person to work on each task which has resulted in the whole team working more efficiently. The approval process is a useful feature that allows the correct senior staff to confirm the work is complete and has been checked. Additionally, Workfront have been very helpful in implementing suggestions to make the system work better for us and our working processes by implementing suggestions for new functionality. They have also been very proactive in training and getting feedback for new ideas to make the software even better.

Cons

Setting up the system has taken a very long time to implement within our business. I understand this is mainly down to the speed at which our business incorporates change and that Workforce has been integrated with existing systems and software we already have in place. The resourcing tool has not been ideal for our working practices and we are needing to do further work before this tool can be fully used - but Workfront are working with us to implement new features that will enable us to use this in the future.

JC

Julie C.

Graphic Design, 51-200 employees

Robust project management software – almost too robust

Based on what is written in Cons above, one can see that using Workfront can be a quite frustrating experience. But, once you learn to customize and streamline the software to fit your department's specific needs, it is pretty efficient in helping our workflow.

Pros

Fairly clean user interface; modern look and feel, with an almost "social media-esque" based interactions in the Updates tab for each project. Proficient and efficient tracking and management of jobs, with the ability to assign each team member to their respective task(s).

Cons

The biggest issue our team has encountered is within the proofing process. There are almost too many ways to upload and submit project files that need to be sent to the Proof stage. Three different people could upload a proof in 3 different ways – and/or in 3 different areas. (Examples: in the Documents tab in the main project; in a Task area for a different subtask; through the sidebar on the right...