All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Workfront Reviews

1,033 reviews

My experience with Workfront has been fantastic.

Pros

The software is extremely intuitive, very interactive and intelligently designed. It supports the many different approaches to work management and is highly flexible. The API also provides endless opportunity for enterprise integrations. The reporting is very powerful. The training offerings are extremely useful. Quarterly roadmap webinars provide administrators with a great overview of future functionality. The...

Cons

I least like the fact that the product was rebranded. I also do not like some of the limitations of the amounts of data that can be reported out of the system. While the reporting interface is very powerful, the application struggles to provide reports when large amounts of data are being reported on. The sandbox environments are very slow, which results in very little use of them. If they performed well, they would be used much more by our users and administrators for testing. Regarding the vendor, I sometimes feel like there are known issues, bugs or limitations within the software that should be addressed.

Ideal tool for the administration of high level projects

This tool has allowed to carry out a better organization, planning and management of large business projects since it provides all the appropriate tools for it, being able to prioritize projects, monitor their status and collaborate with different team members, making the work much simpler of everyday.

Pros

I like this tool since it is ideal to carry out the administration of high level projects, and this is thanks to the fact that it provides the adequate tools and a configuration that is highly customizable, thus doing the management, collaboration and work in team is much simpler and more fluid, has high quality report reports because they are very detailed and easy to understand, also allows members...

Cons

One of the things that I think I do not like is that he does not have a live chat and it would be very appropriate since the communication would be much more direct and fast, in addition to his costs or plans are somewhat confusing and to know the same You must communicate through calls with your team since they are not on your platform.

Great Project Management Tool

Overall, this is the perfect tool for marketing teams specifically, especially those who practice more of the agile marketing strategies. We previously used Trello, which I love, but Workfront provides so many more features, analytics, and potential for better collaboration among teams.

Pros

We started using Workfront several months ago so that we could better track our projects, deadlines and time spent on each tasks. I think it’s pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it, but it can take some time to implement and get everyone on board. It’s perfect for keeping the team organized and on track, and it helps us make sure we aren’t spending to much time on certain projects. You can...

Cons

It can be a challenge to get it up and running. It’s very complex so learning all of the features can take some time. Setting up some of the tasks and due dates can be frustrating and prone to human error, but overall it’s a great tool.

From a constant stream of chaotic, seemingly unstructured requests to a streamlined intake of work.

Having a singe route for the marketing operations team (our internal agency) to take in work has created more structured, more consistent intake so work can be assessed more easily. It has completely stopped requests getting stuck in peoples email inboxes or sent to the wrong person. We now also have greater visibility of projects and requests. Can asses the type and volume of work so we can schedule resources easier and plan for future recruitment better.

Pros

It has broad functionality and follow typical project management flows and tools such as agile and different project views. It is rich enough to run complex projects and you can simplify it to make it easier to use for users that have no or limited project management experience. The system administrator can do most, if not all, configuration so you keep control of the system in-house without needing consultancy. I particularly like that you can report on all fields in the system, even against custom forms, so if you have a non-standard project need you can report on it.

Cons

Out of the box there are no templates or workflows, which means you start from scratch. There would be nice to have had some basic flows to start with. Some of my colleagues in the marketing team found the broad functionality, needing to access different screens to do different work, quite intimidating. This can be solved with custom dashboards, but as a project management tool designed for marketers (who don't usually have project management training) having an out of the box 'simplified view' would be good.

Great for managing projects in a good way

In general, makes teaming up inside divisions incredible and direct. Workfront had a precarious expectation to learn and adapt in the interest of me as I hadn't utilized undertaking the executives programming previously however once I started to utilize it I wound up prescribing it to purple all through our whole organization and others adored the usefulness incorporated with it.

Pros

I love the arranging of Workfront programming it's unmistakable and present day. It helps tons by that have some expertise in arranging your ventures. this is regularly a superb item for any business to have! Makes imaginative tasks a breeze! It likewise takes into consideration speedy cooperation. Workfront has various instruments that give incredible usefulness to the clients and it is regularly profoundly tweaked to suit your requirements.

Cons

This product sets aside huge amounts of your effort to discover. The pursuit highlight isn't the least difficult if huge amounts of undertakings are inside the framework. tons must be figured out how to understand the best appreciate utilizing the product. Of you commit the chance to really learn it well it can do some amazing things for venture the board.

Strong Project Delegation Site with Some Room to Improve

This replaced a previous program for task and artwork sharing purposes, pertaining to projects and collections. Once a master user customizes your dashboard, it is easy to see all of your projects in one place without digging through thousands of unrelated projects from other departments. (Make sure to pin your custom dashboard before you click away.) I like that this shows a percentage for each task...

Pros

Clear percentage gauge for project that changes as tasks are completed by team members. Customizable dashboards for each user or department to allow them to view what they need to see and work on, versus sifting through all the projects manually. Can share and upload files easily, including multiple versions. If sharing artwork, you can share many versions and updated files, with the option to compare past iterations side-by-side. Any edits needed for artwork files can be highlighted with lines that point to the area in question, which creates a little bubble that links to the sidebar with a comment from a teammate.

Cons

An admin for the site/master user needs to help with customizing the dashboards for new users. Master user has to grant/create special team groups/distribution so everyone on the team can see the project and receive updates. To clear notifications, one has to manually check that they've read all of them, or click through each link one by one.

Couldn't Do My Job Without It

We are solving lack of visibility into the work that hits our team, we also are using Workfront to demonstrate where we are lacking capacity to complete tasks and to collaborate on proofs in one place vs. having a million emails and different sign-offs where people can't see what others have already commented or signed off on.

Pros

Allows me to manage 100's of tasks assigned to me, enter time I spend on those task, assign to and collaborate with others all within one tool without having to keep tons of email chains, and allows me to easily demonstrate to management what it is I am working on, how long I spend on it, and introduce opportunities to improve upon the data/processes that we are capturing in Workfront.

Cons

Can be hard to teach others to use it because there are many ways of doing the same thing, it's customizable but I think there are some aspects that are surprisingly not customizable that a lot of other businesses would use, and I would really like a way to create object that aren't as big as projects but require a little more effort than Tasks. It's also hard to report comprehensively on tasks and projects if your team has a healthy mix of both.

Workfront Leading the Frontier of Web-Based Project Management Systems

Workfront is a great web-based project management platform. It is well-designed, and the company continues to make updates to improve it's platform and does not just sit on their hands for one annual update. It is very easy to link projects, manage workflows, the reporting is intuitive, and much more. In addition, asset management is streamlined with ability to house documents within projects, or...

Pros

Well-designed Continual Updates from Workfront instead of waiting to fix problems Ease of linking projects with cross-predecessors Managing Workflows Reporting DAM Engaged community with other Project Managers to discuss best ways to utilize Workfront Integration with other platforms

Cons

I am interested in almost all that Workfront has to offer, but to have everything it can do can be cost-prohibitive. My company has utilized other platforms, that may be less efficient and harder to keep everything consolidated, simply because of the additional cost of utilizing the feature in Workfront.

Better than nothing, still not great

I go to Workfront to see what's been assigned to me. I'm not responsible for creating projects. My overall experience is that it's good enough, but even after using it for a few yearsr I have trouble filtering out the noise.

Pros

Workfront is more advanced than the system we had before (an Excel spreadsheet!) and it does make it possible for a department of 25 people to sort projects, keep track of updates and share proofs. This is especially useful now that we're working remotely. The calendar view is handy and I like being able to upload proofs directly to the project so the relevant people can keep track of them.

Cons

There's so much noise. Tabs we never use, duplicated information, several fields containing unimportant information. It takes a while to sift through to find the meaty information, which is usually under Custom Forms of all places. It's not intuitive.

Workfront

Work management for our entire insurance organization. We want a consistent view into the work being completed in each project, program, and portfolio for budgets, resources, etc.

Pros

1. Flexibility in providing work management options - easily tailored to support multiple functional groups within a single organization 2. Reporting tool capability - provides the ability to report and display on any piece of information captured in the work management process (with a few limitations on display - see cons) 3. Customer support model - help is always available through the Help function, Workfront Community, and Customer support group

Cons

1. Reporting - there are a few limitations to the reporting capability (e.x. you cannot add a project gantt chart to a report or dashboard that displays in the parent/child relationship) 2. Lack of inherent integrations with other popular systems 3. Constant changing of our Customer Support Representative - the customer support model is great for answering questions (almost 24/7), but our company rep has changed 4 times in 3 years - makes it difficult to build a relationship

Powerful PPM cloud-based tool

Data! It provides the ability to capture so much data and then visualize it via report that it changed our organizational culture from rear facing to forward facing. We now make decisions that can impact future outcomes opposed to reviewing what happened last quarter, which we have no control over now.

Pros

It is a really cool tool. There are many features and so much functionality available. The best thing is the ability to collaborate within the system. Using static project management tools like project can cause issue with static information or mulitple versions of a plan floating about, but with a tool like this one, you have real-time project data. You also have the ability to capture custom data and the best feature is the ability to report on this data real-time.

Cons

There are a lot of features, functionality and configuration in this software. It provides solutions to so many problems and provides value, but you MUST have super users and sys admins to help maintain support and user adoption. This is not something that is easily onboarded in a day or two. It will take careful and thoughtful planning to configure, onboard, train and then support.

Workfront is our way to success in Project Mangement even if it more expensive than other competitors

We are using WorkFront for about 2 years now and is very pleased with the functionality and feature set it provides to meet our needs to manage Workfront takes time and effort to implement, but anything worthwhile should. Workfront's team has been very helpful to us and really cares that we earn a win for our team. I am an end user of Workfront within teams. Workfront helps me keep on track with all my work, tracking progress and deadlines to ensure all work is delivered efficiently and on time.

Pros

Customization and Small Duration to be built and including good tools for Project Management In case of owning a lot of tasks on daily basis: Workfront is the best for monitoring and follow up Including all the required Reports for Top Management Very Good Support Team Always upgrading and adding new features and reports

Cons

I couldn’t reach how to automate prioritizing projects and assigning project, I am searching for this feature currently Company should have a process before using this software else it will not add anything to the work flow Higher Cost than other simpler software’s companies Hard to get team members to update data consistently, which impacts project status/reporting

Solid program for improving your workflow

Powerful tool in helping control, organize and direct project management. Good for identifying all the tasks involved with a particular project, and assigning responsibilities as to who does what and when.

Pros

Workfront is pretty straightforward and easy to use once you get in there and play around with it a bit. It's well-built and powerful in helping you manage all aspects and tasks involved in a project of any size. Like with many software programs, it takes a bit of orientation to figure it all out, but once done...it's a very helpful and beneficial tool to use.

Cons

Like with many software programs, it's not super-intuitive when trying to use it "out of the box". Training and tutorials are certainly available, but at least my experience for our team's approach was more of a "jump in and start using" approach, and that can get a bit tricky since not always obvious where to go to find what.

Key for keeping a project on track

Workfront is our exclusive project management software. We manage client-facing as well as internal projects using it. We also submit new projects through it and report hours on a monthly basis.

Pros

Workfront has been critical to our projects moving forward. It's customizable for both large-scale projects and individual, quick tasks. As someone who manages projects at a high level, Workfront allows me to see where the project is in development, who is responsible and if there are any problems that need to be addressed. In a client-facing role, I can quickly see if a project is on track for the agreed-upon timeline. The ability to tag internal task owners with questions and notifications is also critical. There are also key functionalities that allow for projects to be submitted and approved through the program as well, then export hours at the end when we look back on reporting on resources.

Cons

There is a learning curve that comes with all of the features of the program and you have to ensure your project management team is trained to use them. A very small criticism is that the Notifications button is very small so sometimes you don't notice if action is waiting on you if you're tasked with many projects within Workfront

I think that Workfront is a very innovative system - I think there are some missing pieces too.

Pros

I like that Workfront is pretty easy to navigate, I also like the new front with integrations coming into play. I like how easy it is to do reporting and leverage reports into dashboards.

Cons

I do not like the lack of ability to customize user instances. I would prefer to hide everything that a user does not need to see or use to make it way more basic. Right now, the system is not structured to do this by user only by group or permission settings. I think it's also annoying to have current-pending projects not be an option to show on the legacy gnatt and it's a pretty easy feature. I'd...

Versatile Tool That Helps You Get Stuff Done

The biggest thing is controlling the chaos and putting all project related info in one place.

Pros

The tool allows use to build standardization across the global network while allowing for some customizations for individual business units. The tool also has a ton of features that allows a business unit to grow and mature in the tool and in the industry

Cons

The biggest thing for me is the price. It is an expensive tool and so some business units have to do weird or fancy workarounds to reduce the number of licenses purchased. This means they are not using the tool to its fullest potential.

Reliable and very robust PPM tool

Pros

Implementing Workfront in our organization has helped give the PMO team single source of truth for project and portfolio management and resource availability. Workfront also has FANTASTIC support and documentation that helps solving issues easy. I leverage this forum very often while stuck on a problem. This is also a company that invests a lot in making its products better and listening to the voice of the customer.

Cons

Building reports can be hard becasue the tool tracks SO MUCH data. It can take a lot of time and effort to learn all aspects of reporting including text mode. It's not really a con but does post challenges in overcoming the learning curve.

Reports Text Mode

Pros

It's not the software, but the company behind it. I really appreciate the forward thinking view into how you can make work better, easier, more engaging for your customers. I'm extremely excited about the new Workfront experience and can't wait to dig into the new way to engage my teams at work.

Cons

Reporting. It's very easy to set up a report that tells you what you want if it's a default object in the system. If you want to customize or combine information it becomes a lot more complex. I've gotten into textmode and have scripted a single expression that's well over a thousand characters, with many of those characters simply being a repeated algorithm. It would be so much better if I could write in a more object oriented model using a familiar language like Javascript. I've also learned to aggregate information, but I want to build scripts that display the output in a string with combined information rather than summing a single source of information. All possible with Javascript and similar languages.

A Workfront end user to be allocated work and track progress.

Pros

The overall interface and system is very intuitive to use. One of the most effective parts has been the clear segmentation of each project into separate tasks with individual deadlines and approval steps. This has helped with allocating the best person to work on each task which has resulted in the whole team working more efficiently. The approval process is a useful feature that allows the correct senior staff to confirm the work is complete and has been checked. Additionally, Workfront have been very helpful in implementing suggestions to make the system work better for us and our working processes by implementing suggestions for new functionality. They have also been very proactive in training and getting feedback for new ideas to make the software even better.

Cons

Setting up the system has taken a very long time to implement within our business. I understand this is mainly down to the speed at which our business incorporates change and that Workforce has been integrated with existing systems and software we already have in place. The resourcing tool has not been ideal for our working practices and we are needing to do further work before this tool can be fully used - but Workfront are working with us to implement new features that will enable us to use this in the future.

Making Good Progress - keep investing and Improving!

Support and the product itself has improved over time. Need to make intuitive for users and admins - there are so many capabilities and screens to figure out access and why someone can/cannot see data and projects they need to. Is there a way to make the strict project management methodologies less necessary for to do projects and smaller projects so that the other functionality can be used (updates in central location, documents, task assignment) but due dates, durations are not as critical

Pros

The central location for sharing updates, docs, etc vs using email and the proofing functionality of the tool. One tool for all types of requests by queue - eliminated some systems from our process.

Cons

Limited reporting capabilities without exporting to Excel or adding an add-in. User Confusion with issue and project and where to add comments and how to find projects. Need admin support to set up layout templates to streamline work and that can be challenging to find time to help users. Also wish you could play with report data vs having to save to generate the report and then delete when finished.

Robust project management software – almost too robust

Based on what is written in Cons above, one can see that using Workfront can be a quite frustrating experience. But, once you learn to customize and streamline the software to fit your department's specific needs, it is pretty efficient in helping our workflow.

Pros

Fairly clean user interface; modern look and feel, with an almost "social media-esque" based interactions in the Updates tab for each project. Proficient and efficient tracking and management of jobs, with the ability to assign each team member to their respective task(s).

Cons

The biggest issue our team has encountered is within the proofing process. There are almost too many ways to upload and submit project files that need to be sent to the Proof stage. Three different people could upload a proof in 3 different ways – and/or in 3 different areas. (Examples: in the Documents tab in the main project; in a Task area for a different subtask; through the sidebar on the right...

Great project management for creative and marketing departments

Before Workfront we struggled with paper proofs being routed across desks and edits written in pen. Communication and revisions via email threads connected to digital creative assets were lost. Tracking estimated team hours and keeping projects moving in a linear fashion was barely manageable. Workfront resolved these issues at a mid-level price point for a small to medium-sized business or agency. While some of the bigger enterprise features and integrations may be missing, all the essentials as readily available, easily accessible, and not too difficult to setup.

Pros

This digital proofing system is among one of the more intuitive project management platforms I've used. Here are some of the things to like about Workfront: the ability proof web pages with live click throughs, version control, simulated browsers and devices, inline comments, a hierarchy of approvals, and progress taskbar.

Cons

Here are things that Workfront could use a little improvement: custom forms, integration to marketing platforms for deliverables on task management calendar (Hubspot specifically), more intuitive gantt charts for tracking team progress, and user views/rights that allow end-users to view and share projects without custom permissions.

Happy so far!

Pros

The product is very easy to use and most of tools provided are easily used or ignored if your companies processes and workflows don't need them. The Workfront consultants we've worked with so far have been great. They're all accommodating and want us to be successful. And the resources we can look at on our own without needing to talk to someone are also pretty great. The videos or schedule training sessions are helpful in giving high-level overviews of the software and how things work. The company also pushes upgrades to the software on a regular basis. I've seen several great improvements come across that tweak how easy it is to do things in the system.

Cons

Lot's of small nit-picky things. There are bugs here and there but they've been pretty minor and solved by the Workfront teams pretty quickly. The help articles are less helpful as they're fairly generic and don't specifically describe what fields will do/won't do. A lot of that has come through trial an error. Example, there's a required field for Group when you set up a project in the system. The Help Article alludes to this helping share access to the project with that group. Come to find out, this field doesn't do anything at all. The tool has just been upgraded and improved a couple times and the help articles aren't up-to-date to tell you any of that.

The product works great, nice company to work with

Pros

What really differentiates WorkFront from the competition is how well it communicates with the project team as changes are made. Basic reporting is almost trivial - I create reports and extracts for people while they wait. We can schedule reports and automate the communication of critical information. It also provides the project structure we need to model our portfolios, programs, and projects - that helps us keep clear lines of responsibility in projects.

Cons

It is not the strongest role-based infinite capacity planner I've seen. It does a great job of user utilization analysis, but not role-based capacity planning. There are also some data objects that cannot be reported on, which just means we have to get creative.

Workfront Synchs

I was part of the team that vetted, implemented and trained the team on Workfront. It is an amazing robust tool. Has everything we need to manage projects.

Pros

I love the robust reporting and dashboards it provides the team, management and leadership. Overall, it is the best PM tool I've implemented and used.

Cons

It can be a time consuming for the Account Managers to set up and update projects. Especially once a task goes off schedule.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.