All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Workfront Reviews

1,033 reviews

Growing and Learning into Workfront

Pros

Being able to track the approvals on a document is amazing. Prior to Workfront we were keeping track of this via emails and CCing everyone and their supervisors to get responses. Now the system says in "black and white" where approvals are at for all of our documents. I also really like the ability to re-assign tasks to team members on the fly when someone is out sick or preparing to go on vacation. Since I am one of our system administrators I have access to the help desk and the service I have received for the few issues I have submitted has been attentive and friendly. I also like that Workfront encourages their customers to submit product ideas.

Cons

I'm still learning the product - I'm by no means an expert at this point, but one of the items myself and my fellow admins have been struggling with is the process of developing templates and learning/teaching resources for this are limited. If this aspect of the product was a little more simplified, we could be even more productive.

Workfront offers incredible flexibility and reporting

Pros

I absolutely love the user interface and the ability to customize layouts to display exactly the information my users need to get their work done efficiently. Allowing field editing inside views and dashboards is pure genius. Creating custom forms is easy and gives me the flexibility to collect all of the information needed for tasks, issues, projects, requests, etc., and the ability to update these as my company evolves. Reporting is very powerful and we are now using charts and graphs to quickly identify projects and tasks that need attention. Customer support and other services like training, webinars, consulting, user forums, etc. are all top rate. LEAP 2015 was truly impressive and I highly recommend attending LEAP 2016 (I know I'm looking forward to it!)

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind. There were a few UI-related features that I felt were missing, but the most important ones (to me) have been addressed. Occasionally there are some minor bugs after a software upgrade, but they are always fixed very quickly.

Not only for nerds

Simply brilliant. It has changed the way my team goes around the daily tasks and how we can find the answers to our stakeholders' questions.

Pros

Easiness of configuring and implementing even by a person who is not an IT expert. Great online courses and articles library have helped a lot on making the in-house implementation smooth.

Cons

There aren't things I really didn't like but I remember seeing the application for the first time and having an overwhelming feeling about too many functions and tabs - that's until i've learned what they are for and howe to use them.

Technology and Collaboration will Help you Succeed

Workfront has been transformational in the way we manage and collaborate on projects.

Pros

Workfront is a very robust system with the ability to customer a project, imbed milestones and collaborate with internal and external partners. It is truly a leader in the space.

Cons

More of an internal issue but we don't have a unified, cross-functional Admin who is fully understands all the use cases, ways of working, etc. and I would highly recommend having both a center of excellence in addition to a centralized Admin.

Great project management tool that consolidates all needed information.

Pros

When a whole team is using this tool it allows for seamless progress without having to send mundane and repetitive emails throughout the day. You can track progress, assign tasks to people, upload documents, fill out necessary custom forms and then generate reports from said forms and tasks. It's easily customize able so you can manage and alter templates; also you can mess around in Sandbox which will allow you to try and "break the system" without harming of the already completed work. There are a lot of tools that I've yet to discover in WorkFront, but the live updates that are published company-wide is a great indirect communication tool.

Cons

WorkFront can be very slow to update and laggy. Once a template exceeds the 400 task mark, the overall program will start to slow. Also, when altering dates the program can be very slow to update and sometimes I'll need to "Recalculate Timeline" just to see if my edit had saved. I've also heard that it is quite pricey for my company (even though I don't pay for it personally), Smartsheets I've heard is cheaper.

The first few months of Workfront are promising

Workfront has given us a scalable and shapeable project management software. Startup and migration from our previous system has been cumbersome, but the outlook towards a robust and customized project management software is very promising.

Pros

Extraordinarily customizable. We've been able to suit to more precisely to our needs than our previous project management software. Proofing options are excellent, allowing for dynamic viewing, commenting, and approvals. Conversation-style updates digests, easy to track. Robust notifications Really like the predecessor feature that triggers actions AFTER other actions are complete. Solid budgeting and reporting functions. In-project media storage is extremely useful, meaning that we don't have to use a third party.

Cons

Fairly intense learning curve for both those who on-boarded the software and the users. The software really needed to be shaped to our environment before it was ready for easier learning for the crew. The sheer volume of features meant that we spent considerable time distinguishing between some aspects of the software from other similarly named aspects.

Great product, just requires a good amount of proper planning to implement

Pros

In general, Workfront is a great product. There's a bit of a learning curve but once you nail it, it starts to make sense. Being able to quickly create projects via templates is amazing! It's request queue implementation is great. We've been able to onboard multiple groups within the company with all having the same starting point - Request Queues. I have yet to flex the resourcing planning features but I'm excited to see what Workfront can help with.

Cons

The specific team I help manage projects for manages it's projects using Agile methodologies. Workfront has scrum features and some of the core basic elements in place but that's pretty much it. The basic elements required to say "we have scrum features". Almost seems like its implementation was tacked on towards the end. Features like epics/release planning seem to be basic. Would love to see this expanded.

Easy use & easy adoption

The Workfront system is great and is pretty intuitive to use. I've had folks around the office call it the Facebook of project management tools and it is to some degree. If your users can use Facebook, they'll be able to figure out how to use this system. The greater burden will always be on your plan license users (hopefully your project managers) to learn the ins and outs of what they can accomplish with the tool. It has a lot of features and can be customized greatly.

Pros

Lots of features and can be customized through the use of custom forms, custom intake processes and reporting tools that allow you to pull pretty much any piece of information you want to see. These reports can also be tailored to specific user groups so they see just what you want them to see or what they have specific access to see. Tasking is handled pretty easily and is aggregated for each user on their My Work page. Depending on work style and workload (# of tasks) I'd highly recommend educating folks to keep their Working On area clean and only pick up new requests as they can begin working on them.

Cons

The current iteration of the resourcing tools need some additional polish. The tool is currently built in flash and per discussions with some consultants there are 2 separate flash pieces that don't always talk to each other very well. We're waiting on additional upgrades the company is planning on making to see how we can best utilize these and report on the information they collect. There's a great grid report for showing availability across users and job roles but it is also built in flash so it's not customizable - it would be extremely valuable if it were something you could tailor and customize while retaining the grid view.

workfront review

We've found the tool to be very good, (with some weaknesses - see above). Support to date has been variable - delays responding at times but overall we feel a positive experience

Pros

the fact that i can configure the out of the box tool to manage my bespoke business process its relatively intuitive for new users to grasp ongoing development of functionality. it feels like workfront are ambitious but not too big to stop listening to the customers the fact that reviewer licences are free but give some basic functionailty. if we had to pay for all licences it would put us off and limit the scope of the tool

Cons

Document management - its a real weakness of workfront that documents cannot be edited in location and saved down. dowloading, editiing, saving then uploading is very long winded and a barrier to adoption. particularly for those people who use sharepoint. searchability in updates - poor. i can't search / filter messages by subject/user... etc I still feel the reporting is a bit limited and old school (pie charts/bar charts) - we expect more options these days and still therefore have to export data into excel at times to generate different kinds of reports

Great software for team accountability

The main reason our company is using Workfront is so that the creative department can log hours against specific projects. This allows our company to track the time it takes to complete a project or task against how much we are being paid for that project. I have been pleased with the ease of use to track my hours, plus it gives me reason to contact our account services department when jobs are not in the system. It has brought a higher level of job accountability to our company.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is that I can immediately see at-a-glance what my workflow is and the status of the projects I am working on.

Cons

Unfortunately, this software allows too much latitude for user error. This could be in part to how our company has it set up which is a whole different issue entirely. I would love to see more prompts to let the user know that they have input information incorrectly and/or information is missing.

Extremely robust

By having a single system for processing and tracking all our Marketing projects, we have improved the planning for the Creative team (primary users) but also the entire Marketing organization, which by virtue of working within Workfront becomes more aware of the way all the parts depend on each other, the importance of certain deadlines, etc. We have also enabled our org to track and easily report out on progress, status, achievements, etc.

Pros

Workfront is fantastic for capturing and tracking data. It's also great for providing different levels of visibility for different kinds of users, and there is lots of scope for customizing for the way your specific organization works, and the way specific users work.

Cons

The user interface has been challenging, especially for occasional users who don't have the time or inclination to figure out the finer points of communicating and finding things within Workfront. The new UI that is being planned for summer looks like a great improvement, with the ability to create simplified layout templates for these occasional users.

Best in breed, but could improve the fundamentals

Requests come in from across our hospital for changes and fixes to clinical systems. In many cases, the requests can be resolved without becoming projects. Those that are converted to projects can take weeks to years to complete.

Pros

I like what Workfront does with regards to work management and resource management.

Cons

The request management features could be better.

Perfect if you have resources to support and maintain it.

Pros

Workfront is easily the most robust cloud based project collaboration software on the market. It is capable of supporting medium, large, and enterprise businesses in a way that can be tailored uniquely to each of your teams, providing each of them a custom experience to streamline the entry and tracking of their work.

Cons

Although you can use it "out of the box," to fully take advantage of its features requires the support of an implementation consultant. And, if you have a user base of 100 or more users, requires at *least* a part time admin and most likely a full time admin to keep it optimized and running smoothly. That's not so much a con, but something that customers don't consider until after they've already invested in the software and can be an unplanned expense when adopting Workfront.

Workfront

Pros

We chose Workfront for it's off the shelve ease of use. We wanted a solution that we could configure on our own without having to hire consultants every time a change or or new report was needed

Cons

The fact that it's lacking in some areas, specifically Charting - not as flexible as excel

Workfront has really improved the way we work and helps get things done.

We started our PMO in 2009, needing a way to get a handle on our project intake and help define our project management methodology. We purchased Workfront (formerly AtTask) back then and have been happily using it ever since. The initial implementation was quick. Getting the system configured and putting users in there was the easy part. Being a new PMO and going through the motions of defining our...

Great Project Management software with improvements on the way

Working in an in-house marketing department, we have been using Workfront for three years to manage our projects and operations. We need overall visibility on all the activities of our department, plus a powerful collaboration platform. Our main aim using Workfront is to manage the capacity vs workload of our department and to be able to forecast the demand. Workfront is fulfilling our basic...

2 Years in...

Project management of integration projects and daily business

Pros

User friendly, something for everyone from new to advanced users. Can be as simple of complex as required. Online training is well presented and clear.

Cons

I don't like that people don't get project updates unless you include them specifically...eg. @joebloggs

Customization ability is a blessing and curse, but overall blessing

My team uses WorkFront exclusively to manage roughly 4000+ projects a year. I absolutely love that the system is so robust that we can built and customize it to anything we desire. However the ideas we have sometimes are so grand that we find ourselves running into new problems (high class problems). Fortunately the WorkFront Support team is amazing and they assist whenever we run into a pickle. They even provide better ways for efficiency and easier solutions

Pros

Workfront can be integrated with other systems you already use for maximum cross-functioning. Also the reporting and metrics are out of this world, I've reported on things I didn't even know we captured.

Cons

WorkFront does has it's limits and some of them are only found after you start diving deeper into the system. Also it can be hard to find where some things are, seem to be a little hidden. Also some features don't exist that should.

A total work management solution, not just "an app to buy."

I love the platform. I cannot imagine going backwards and using a non-automated work solution. Having everything in one place will make it easier to master modern work™.

Pros

I love the ability to collaborate with fellow workers and keep all of that information in one container. Having used the old "Excel workflow," having a dynamically updated workflow management solution allows me to know what exactly is going on, who's working on it, who's approved it, etc. I love how it keeps everyone honest and encourages transparancy across all actors. And the proofing tool is amazing.

Cons

Sometimes, it feels as if we're clicking all over the place. There is that sense of confusion, which looks as if it's being addressed in the new interface coming out in the summer. I feel as if sometimes, things are needlessly confusing. Text mode can be frustrating for Plan users. There are things that feel as if they should Just Work...and those things are the most complicated to solve.

WF Review

Overall needs all our needs.

Pros

The reporting features are robust. Custom fields and forms allow you to adapt the product to you specific needs. Resource Management tools

Cons

Somtimes the learning curve is steep when trying to learn a new thing in WF. User interface can be challenging.

We are using the product in an hospital environment for 4 years for every kind of project.

We could register all projects in our institution and could supply dashboards to our top management.

Pros

Very high communication capabilities: very advanced tools for designing and customizing dahsboards. Strong capabilities in defining customized forms (custom data) Vey advanced API interface (we used them to interface Workfront with 4 different products) Powerful setup capabilities which are really great. The product is very felxible and can match any kinds of project types.

Cons

The learning curve is quite high if you want to take benefit of all the powerful capabilities. The product has currently two GANTT charts (a legacy one which has an advanced graphical designer built in Flash with no evolution, and a new one in HTML). The new one is simple and promising but needs further graphical enhancements. There are on-going implementations.

Workfront great for graphical review

Graphic reviews for product design

Pros

The ability to perform graphical reviews, comments, and edits all within the software are great. Cuts down on number of large printed reviews. Like the search functionality.

Cons

The email alerts settings are somewhat tough to navigate ( at least they are for my team). The main documents are all filed in Notifications, but not based on Project or Programs. I would like the software to also more consistently save my login information.

Flexible and Robust

In the year + that we've been using Workfront it's felt like a major improvement in everyone's workflow and organization. It was easy buy in from both the internal team and requesters since it allowed for visibility that our previous software did not allow.

Pros

The switch to Workfront was easy for my team since it was such a major improvement in organizing our workflow from our previous solution. One of the stand out features is that it keeps our communication within the program, keeps it organized and searchable. I no longer have to struggle with keeping people's messages organized throughout multiple mediums, this is so much easier for everyone involved.

Cons

It can be tough to keep up with all the new roll outs that Workfront provides. I've found that some major updates weren't fully integrated and didn't offer maximum results, so I'll need to vet the updates significantly before deciding whether or not our current processes should be reworked to include them.

WF Review - great

PMO, managing hours and expenses on projects and a way to centrally have the information

Pros

Integrated solution, simplicity for basic user, support

Cons

Test mode, so difficult and not for eveyone, so if you want to bring the solution further is is challenging

Hands down, without Workfront my job would be frustrating.

I have to manage multiple projects a week, and Workfront allows me to stay on top of everything from the start of the project all the way through the launch date.

Pros

As a recent college grad (and first career job), this is my first experience with a work project management system. In school, they don't teach you about this at all. I imagined everything was done via email or voice. Using this system makes managing projects efficient and convenient. A few things I love the most are the actual projects that allow me to allocate resources, assign tasks, upload documents, and have timelines and lists of my projects.

Cons

The main dashboard was a little hard to navigate at first, and the update a few months ago made it worse. BUT, the new design rollout today I am super excited for!!

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.