All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Workfront Reviews

1,033 reviews

Great for managing tasks, set up can be time consuming

Overall, the pros of having a SaaS that provides me a task "to-do" list every day outweighs the time spent up front making sure projects are set up and assigned out correctly. Visibility into an entire team's work load is a major plus as well.

Pros

Very useful for managing tasks once projects are all set up. I generally have at least 100+ different tasks that I'm working on at any given time, so being able to sort and organize by the day they are due and have that view is a lifesaver. The calculated allocation is also useful to see if it is even possible to accomplish everything in a given work week.

Cons

If you have a project to set up that doesn't follow a template, you will spend A LOT of time getting your tasks, milestones, etc. all set up and assigning the work out. It can also be cumbersome to modify task due dates if they change.

the DBA journey

Pros

- Finally having MOST of our stuff in one place! No more disconnected systems that don't talk to one another! (SO excited about the Google integration!) - The flexibility to customize per our individual needs (custom forms, queues, approvals) - Reporting and dashboards! We've recently discovered how to make reports into custom dashboards for different teams and needs in our system and it's amazing! -

Cons

- In-system notifications can be very overwhelming. It would be great to somehow combine or aggregate multiple notifications about one task or issue into a single notification - I've recently really been struggling with not being able to create reports with fields from tasks, issues and projects. - Text mode editing is SO frustrating lol.

Project manager review

We are able to do a lot more reporting than we were and we are able to more accurately keep track of our tasks.

Pros

I like the home tab and I like the ease of making reports.

Cons

I wish that reporting could be more robust, I want to have more ability to make more complex charts. I really want a timeline undo button for the most recent thing done because sometimes you do something accidently that sets you back 20 min. I really want a way to more easily rename tasks with more of a find/replace function. Sometimes I want to add the month name behind a set of tasks to make it easier for everyone to know what their task is for but I have to do that manually and it can take up to an hour. I want all updates to go to the top of the page, so if someone comments today on something that I wrote a month ago, I want it to show up at the top of the updates list, not at the very bottom and impossible to find. I want to be able to attach screenshots to comments.

Workfront is a robust, project management beast – almost to a fault

Our department has been using Workfront for about 4 months, and its implementation has been quite a challenge. Four months into using it, we're still trying to streamline its features and capabilities to suit our needs. We're growing accustomed to it, but it has been a frustrating process.

Pros

Previously, our marketing team used Workamajig for project management, so Workfront has been a major step up. User Interface is aesthetically pleasing; communication under project "Updates" is similar to social media interaction among team members. Extensive tracking of projects, tasks, proofing and file exchange/uploads.

Cons

Some of the same things listed above in *most* liked can almost fall under this category of *least* liked. Workfront has so many capabilities, it can be a challenge to streamline them to fit a team's specific needs. Examples: Tasks, sub-tasks, Updates under the main job; updates within the job's tasks; tag a person in one location for them to see your comments; but don't have to tag them in another...

One stop shop

Pros

The ability for different personas to have customized experiences, engaging the system through other systems (email, etc) via integrations

Cons

Lack of extensive branding options, for enterprise clients

Our vision for a single point of entry for MarCom project requests was greatly aided by Workfront.

Pros

User experience is excellent our clients love using it! The ability to create a multitude of reports (e.g. intake, tasks, how many requests and by who). Using the notifications (on both site and cell) as ticklers to keep track of what to focus on. Ability to decide what kind and how many notifications to receive. Online training (Ascent) and resources to answer most questions. Local communities (go Mid-Atlantic user group!) which offer an opportunity to collaborate with other system admins, workers and users. Support has been very good. If we don't get a good resolution via email, we can either Skype or have a conversation. Usually resolve issues within 48 hours. IF it needs to be escalated, our customer rep is always on it. LEAP!

Cons

With all the new integrations being offered, there isn't much I don't like. I will say it would be helpful to be able to respond to an email from someone, generated in Workfront, and have it captured on the project. Would also like to see all updates (project, task, proof) ALL show up in the update feed.

Workfront for Creative Agencies

Overall, this is fantastic PM software. It's extremely useful and is great for larger, more complex agencies that deal with detailed financial reporting. It's also good for a company where employees are remote or stationed across the country.

Pros

This software is diverse and extremely extensive. If you are looking for a system that can accurately allocate time to a project, then this is for your company! The system integrates designers availability into each project so you can accurately see who on your team has available to work on a project. The PM software is also ideal for organizing financials. You can create an estimate using this software by adding in the amount of hours you think a project will take. Then depending on whose hours you are quoting, the system will pull an accurate financial estimate for you. For example, if you mechanical designer bills at a rate of $100 per hour and you quote 2 hours of work, the system will recognize their pay scale and estimate that the project will cost $200.

Cons

The software isn't the most intuitive. There are a lot of nuances that are involved in this software. It's extremely complex and there are times that creatives specifically are turned away from the software because it feels like more effort than it's worth to learn how to use it. If you aren't using this to track your time, then I think there are other PM softwares that would be more useful for you creative agency to utilize.

Easy Project Management, Made Easy!

So, our eMarketing design team has always been very "execution" focused... yes you need Governance (evaluate the Charter and brief documents) and Reporting (who's doing what and how much of it are they doing?)...but the reality of a very small team was that we were execute / execute / execute. Per that, the team started off managing projects via XLS, which is the bare minimum you can use; with Zero project plans / work assignments or easy document sharing or communication. Workfront, then AtTask, was brought on board and solved so many problems that as the number of projects increases, the number of Design team members has not had to.

Pros

So, I have two "dog & pony" training sessions when introducing a team member to Workfront; one is for a Business Owner or Project Manager, while the other is for Resources (e.g. Content writers, Visual Designers, Coders, etc.). Either way, it lasts about 25 minutes only and always I hear "I get it." well before the 25 minutes are up. It's simple to use and grasp quickly, intuitive, and serves up all relevant information in a clear format. I can literally mange hundreds of projects a year successfully because of this tool. Me, by myself.

Cons

I think the adding of new Product features and improvements; the process in place feels a little difficult to get in on. I would guess that's not their intent, but there is an opportunity to improve that, especially with customers who've been using the product for 4+ years!

Workfront for collaboration

This system help us to get better control over our process

Pros

Easy to use. Pretty good reporting and a great overall project management tool.

Cons

There are multiple ways to do the same thing. A pro and a con.

Wouldn't be without it now. It is vital for our project management and data analysis for planning.

Visibility and transparency across our projects (10 per year), more accurate information for resource forecasting and project planning.

Pros

Personally, reporting is the most useful for me. I run reports daily to glean information for resourcing and future project planning. For our editors, the project plans are vital to manage 100s of tasks in one place and assign work to their team members.

Cons

It can be slow and temperamental at times. Dragging and dropping tasks is a no-no! You never know where it will end up! It is largely intuitive but I have found that it is only by trial and error that I have learned how to ask for what I want to see in reports. Not always immediately obvious. Updates can affect reports also and render them useless / not working as they were before the update.

Workfront has been a tremendous asset to our team.

Pros

This product has saved me from having to keep track of a bunch of different spreadsheets and managing requests via email, which would be absolutely impossible now with the hundreds of projects we manage. After a few years of using it, I can't imagine living without it. It's very easy to bring on new staff, which is great. I like that the team is constantly improving and making resources/features better. The folks at the Workfront team are excellent - we've enjoyed working with all of them and appreciated being part of the Leap conference this year, which was a terrific experience all around. It reinforced that we made the right choice.

Cons

Since I'm not very technical, the reporting is a bit of a challenge for me and I don't have as much time as I'd like to spend on that, but I do see that it has improved tremendously since we started using Workfront (AtTask) several years ago. I think I'd face that same challenge with any vendor.

Everyone can manage projects with Workflow.

Pros

We were able to customize Workfront to fit into the immediate needs of the different departments in my organization.Making it easy for everyone to collaborate with anyone in the organization ; across teams and different departments. Thus making the workflow process of every department easily trackable and transparent. The process of allocating resources for project and managing these resources is much easier because with Workload everyone is almost like a Project manager , only they don't bear the title officially.

Cons

Team members have complained about sometime encountering errors when trying to comment on tasks.Also currently ,there is no means via which we are able to visualize our workflow on Workfront.

We love Workfront

Our Internal Agency group has been using Workfront/ AtTask coming up on 3 years. We started with 50 users and at last count, we were over 130. It has become an indispensable tool for request intake, project creation and management, reporting, resource management and cost tracking. Prior to implementation, we had a 4 person Traffic department that had to utilize 3 different platforms to track creative...

Pros

- I can't imagine any large enterprise that would be too big to use Workfront. Properly configured, it can handle any size and number of projects - easy to learn, easy to use. Adoption by new users is quick and worry free. 20 minutes training gets a new user up and running - reporting tools are awesome. - the ability to adapt this software to any kind of process make it useful across many areas. We are finding new ways to use it each month. - the collaboration part of each project makes it comfortable for all to use. Everyone sees everything in one place - SAAS makes it available anywhere there is WiFi

Cons

- it is an expensive solution for small companies. - some nomenclature is confusing - some of their processes are a bit clunky but they are being re-worked continually

Project Management - customized the way you want it

Our implementation was very successful, however we did not make the business case at the time to have the appropriate staff to keep up with change management and we are now in a situation where we need to completely re-architect from the ground up.

Pros

Workfront has a ton of out of the box features that can be customized for any type of business or work. Custom fields allow you to intake and report on the data that's relevant for you organization. Workfront also had a plethora of integration opportunities allowing you to connect to the other systems that are already a part of your company's tech stack.

Cons

Some of the processes could be more streamlined within the tool as opposed to having to integrate with other platforms.

Nice to Keep Track of Projects

Pros

I really liked being able to visually keep track of projects I was assigned to. It was nice to have all my projects in a list and have all the information needed in each project. It was always so satisfying to hit the "done" button and see it disappear off the list! Workfront is a nice way to keep track of projects.

Cons

It was a little confusing to learn at first. I imagine it might be easier for actual project managers to use as they set up and assign the projects, but as someone without access to everything, sometimes it would get confusing trying to find things or take the correct action. Once you get the hang of it though, it is really great to keep track of projects and see things progressing!

Work Front is the one you are looking for

Work front actually aids me when I am overcome with a lot of work. Work front aids me a lot to consume an effective and positive work and plan administration. That method, I can have all my plans finalized in period and without any misunderstanding.

Pros

By using work front I gets the authority to modernize all of the needs or tactics and arranges the critical plans. It also assistances me to rise efficiency, collect vital data and work with proficiently as it allows me to chain all my effort in one result. By using the work front it also aids me to achieve a lot of procedures, get all of the reports from my squad. The Work front is one of the advance management podium that I like it because it helps me to arrange all my work in a solo platform.

Cons

I ponder that its strategy is not related at all and as far as the supervision of it is linked, education is quite widespread, it needs adequate period to grip it totally and properly. The problem with work front is that it does not bid a lot of branding choices particularly for initiative customers. The issue that the stage can be modified can be a difficulty at the similar time since sufficient period is essential for it.

Great system that is always getting better

Pros

My team is focused on using companies and projects within WF to manage our customer-facing projects as well as internal initiatives. The ease of use of setting up templates, custom tasks, and tracking custom fields is a huge win for us. Although there are other systems in this space, I have found that my team is able to utilize the basic-to-mid-tier functionality with ease. Also, the Success and Support structure around the system is top notch.

Cons

The one thing that continues to drive me batty is the inability to go from a Company record to any of its various associated projects. This seems like basic first-class functionality that is missing.

Has a steep learning curve.

Pros

Workfront is easy to customize to meet our needs and easy to navigate too. I am notified when tasks are assigned to me and I am also able to drop comments on each task,ensuring everyone stays on the same page and other team members can easily continue tasks I have not completed ,in my absence. I like how I am able to integrate Workfront with Outlook and this has made it possible for me to receive updates on projects ,tasks and team comments in real time via my email.

Cons

Has a steep learning curve and for new users who have little or no experience with similar project management tool ,they are bound to spend months before fully understanding all functionalities of this tool.

Workfront, Great until it's not

I like workfront, and I would recommend it to someone that was looking for a good software management tool. But, the issue with the search can be very frustrating and take a lot more time to look up a project when trying to refer back to something.

Pros

I use Workfront every day in my marketing job, and it keeps our different projects very organized with the ability to customize each project and its "tasks" to every different type of marketing campaign we are executing.

Cons

Sometimes, Workfronts search features can be a real pain. We have a specific # for each job/campaign that we create. Lately I've been having issue with Workfront not strategically looking up the job #. I will type in the job number (take example - 123ABC). Instead of looking for the number in that order (123ABC), it will pull up ANY job that has ANY of those digits/letters. It makes the search process in the job very difficult.

It's Not Too Bad

I've only used this as a ticketing system to keep up with requests. I'm not in project management but my company does use it to keep up with controlling the progress of each project. I like that the admin can add and edit customized dropdowns for us and you can pick what team can see your projects or tickets. I'm not a fan of how visible certain projects are to certain people depending on the type...

Pros

You can tag others who need to see the project, you can look up projects by search or name, and it's a handy reporting tool on progress. Workfront looks nice, can be accessed through a browser and has a mobile app.

Cons

You get too many or not enough notifications. Notifications can get out of control so you try to set it to where you see certain ones. If you tag whole teams you may not receive those notifications at all. From what our administrators tell us, it depends on the license they give us (unclear if this is a money issue).

Workfront for Marketing Dept Creative

Overall experience has been good. We switched from an antiquated process for creative job requests and creative routing/approvals. Once established, we have been able to do more work more efficiently. Customer service and support are good as well.

Pros

I really like the flexibility to use as little or as many feature as we want. The scale of what Workfront can do is clearly large. We were able to smart small with simple project plans for creative work, and to route creative proofs for approval. We are now looking at expanding into the systems other features.

Cons

Initial discovery, setup, and training took half a year for us. It was a learning curve to truly understand what the system could do to transform the way we work. Also, there are often a few or several ways to accomplish the same thing in the system which can be confusing and overwhelming at times.

Best PM Software for Creative Marketing Teams

Workfront has an exceptionally good customer success program. From solution specialists to user forums and beyond, you are supported throughout.

Pros

Workfront offers the best suite of services, automations and support for the creative marketing organization. I recommend it for high volume production management, both planned and unplanned. The client management tools are excellent and keep WIPs from escaping too soon. The performance data is easy to capture and customize.

Cons

This is not an easy solution, but it is the best. That means the creative organziation is going to have to invest time and money into implementation and training. Marketing managers will need training on the client side, too.

Workflow Management and More

Overall Workfront has helped our organization by helping to create a repeatable process with workflows to teams we've chosen. We can now differentiate between low complexity and med/high complexity work. We can measure incoming work because ALL work comes in as a task. Workfront serves as the one source of truth to find marketing work and final files. Hours are now measurable, ready to start tasks by team or department are easy to view. API usage has tremendously enhanced our experience as well.

Pros

The customizability of the platform is amazing. Based on the functionality of the tool, we created customized request queues and forms, and customized project templates for a consistent process. All work flows from an initial request and ends with project completion. Assignments are easily made due to the preassigned job roles on each task in templates. Also, the reporting feature is fantastic. We create reports and dashboards for Team Leads, Requesters, Workers, Executives to show them the data that's meaningful to them.

Cons

User experience is a problem for us. Depending on the job someone is doing, using the tool correctly can be confusing. We've had to change the process to stop using issues because users couldnt remember to create the issues on a task level but put them on a project level. These issues were then hidden and timelines not altered by the issue. Users have a hard time with understanding documents on a task...

It's worth a look, but missing a few key features for myself

Pros

I used to think Workfront was terrible, until I tried other enterprise level project management software. I'm not saying it's the best, far from it, but I think you start to appreciate it more after you realize what a herculean task it is to track everything. It does a decent job of letting you know what you're responsible for, with helpful email notifications so you don't need to always be in the...

Cons

Not the most user friendly or aesthetic. The dashboard could use some better UX. I tried out a beta of the new dashboard and that was even worse, glad they didn't roll it out. The one big negative is the lack of a proper calendar module. I heard that one exists but for version my company uses, we don't have anything remotely resembling a calendar view. This is so helpful to me to get a view of milestones...

With the use of Workfront we have streamlined our processes and met all project deadlines.

Reporting and allocations metrics. Projects are managed by a system that standardizes processes. With the use of Workfront we have identified efficiencies, streamlined our processes and met all project deadlines.

Pros

Cons

When trying to onboard new users I've created tools and emails. I'll schedule meetings to answer any questions but will come across issues with comprehension of the platform. The management of duration dates have proven to be a troublesome for project owners. I will always do a "clean up sweep" .

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.