All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Workfront Reviews

1,033 reviews

Easy way to Communicate with a Team

We used it for one specific client and it performed exactly to our needs to keep the projects organized and keep the line of communication clear and concise. It helped to streamline our communication process into one platform.

Pros

What I liked most about the Workfront software was the ability to discuss a lot of different projects with an entire time. The communication channels are easy to follow and keep track of multiple projects at one time.

Cons

It was a little cumbersome to use at first but once you get a handle on all the tools it becomes an easy software to utilize and use on a daily basis. Great communication for a whole team that is located within several different offices.

Amazingly Robust Project Management Software

I was an end user, and used it to account for my time, track my projects from start to finish, share proofs, get feedback, and communicate with internal clients. Now I am managing the projects for the end users, and it is more robust than I ever knew! I am able to make reports that make my design team's lives easier, their clients lives easier, and with their mobile apps, my sales team's lives easier.

Pros

The basic project management capabilities, the continuous innovation and adaptations we are able to implement, and how it can become whatever tool you need it to be when you set it up the right way.

Cons

I miss my old project management software's "start/stop" timer for tracking time, but apparently they are considering adding this to workfront.

Love Workfront!

Workfront has helped us organize our projects and project management into a single source, allowing our teams to be more productive than ever.

Pros

Workfront provides us the opportunity to manage ever-flowing project requests, organize and integrate our internal teams and stakeholders, view project status and health from both a bird's eye and in detail, and keep everything we hold dear in one place. It also allows our teams to think outside the box, learn new skills (data analytics, HTML report coding, project management), and work collaboratively more easily now than ever. Their technical support teams are also incredibly helpful.

Cons

There are some limitations to reporting unless you know how to manipulate the reports in text mode. I wish the reporting was a little more robust "out of the box!"

So customizable, you'll cry

Hands down, your support team kills it. Lloyd Brown is RHE BEST person on the other end of the phone that I have worked with in the last 10 years. Customer support and help resources is through the roof. Overall, I have mind-melded with Workfront to the point that I don't remember what life was like without it. Keep on improving, never stop learning.

Pros

It's very flexible-- you can make it do almost anything and if not, there's text mode. Workfront proof is so much better than emailing massive PDFs around.

Cons

You can make it do almost anything...really, anything. But the question is, "should you?". It's really easy to over-customize. Make sure you have a really good governance plan and stick to it. You need to resist the urge to beat the machine and make it do that thing you "absolutely can't live without", for your project manager's sanity.

Highly flexible product for Project Management

Workfront has come a LONG way in the last 3 years. If you saw it before and havent looked recently, take another look. The tool is a great place to call your single source of truth. By configuring to your needs, you can make it easy for your people to keep their data up-to-date. While the basics are great, and some extensions are really nice, it provides only rudimentary capability to track business value of the projects. For that, you'll probably need to go offline or create additional custom data elements.

Pros

Highly flexible. Easy to navigate. Love the ability to easily provide a customized front end for groups of users via the layout templates. On top of all that, the training and support is excellent!

Cons

Limited capability to track planned and actual benefits.

Very Powerful PM Software, Maybe Too Powerful

Somewhat frustrating. I thought Wrike and Asana were more intuitive to use.

Pros

I have used Workfront for more than 2+ years, at 2 different agencies at which I have worked. It is an extremely complex and powerful project management software. My colleague swho are power users like it more than I do.

Cons

Perhaps the problem is that the software is so powerful - and I'm only using it for PM work, when it is supposed to be an enterprise management tool. It is extremely powerful -- but also convoluted. There are multiple ways to do things. So many that I find it confusing. Training is difficult, in my opinion and the UX is not intuitive.

Great way to automate the never ending paper trail of requests

Overall the experience has been good. Workfront has deployed several changes that have improved the project manager experience, but they would still like to see more done.

Pros

You can quickly and easily setup request queues to create electronic requests that can capture all the information to enable your team to have a collaborative conversation with the requesting department, assign the work, track progress, and report on it.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a really good way to easily do high level portfolio planning for projects. Additionally, PMs have difficulty in navigating the Tasks to apply maintenance, etc. They find other apps easier to use.

Brought together our cross-functional teams into 1 system for project tracking & resource management

-Project visibility across multiple groups & departments -Reporting/tracking on time delivery of deliverables & projects -More insight into workload of users on different teams

Pros

-Project visibility across multiple teams - Workfront makes it easy for different groups to work on projects together & provide updates through the system, so all your project information is gathered in one place. The project details page & updates become your one source of truth when tracking why a project became late or who made decisions about certain project aspects. -Project templates - The ability to create project templates makes opening new projects a breeze & quicker manipulation of due dates

Cons

-Resource allocation - I think that the process of bulk assigning users to project tasks is a bit clunky, but I still like the feature. It feels awkward having to leave your project, go to a different tab, and navigate through several more clicks to find where to bulk assign all of your project tasks.

Easy Project management and workflow

Pros

I loved the openness of the platform. Had a solid API to integrate with other components within our department. The ease of use was critical to user adoption by our group. One training session and the use base was off and running and updated. Dashboard and reporting were exactly what executive stakeholders needed to see and enriched our status meetings

Cons

What i liked least was the integration it was kind of trial by fire. At the time workfront wasnt assistting in any integrations, but for our company to inregrate we had to learn some new code but once we figured it, it became a foundation to build other integrations.

Best PM tool around

My experience with Workfront has been an excellent one. The system has revolutionize the way that I PM. I'm able to have full oversight into the projects that are coming into our team and keeping an eye on when things are due. It's helping me to keep things moving and that's critical.

Pros

For me, as a Creative Services PM, my favorite thing about Workfront is being able to have a highly customizable way to uniformly intake project requests. The ability to also have an in-system proofing tool is invaluable -- it helps to keep our stakeholders accountable and it streamlines our proofing/feedback workflow.

Cons

There's so much to learn -- our organization is 1.5 years in and I'm still just scratching the surface of WF's capabilities. This might be one of those strengths veiled as a weakness, but that's my main pinch point.

Working with Workfront at the Front of Work(front)

I really like Workfront. The more I learn about it, the better I like it. I am excited to get to a level where I feel that I am making the most of the software.

Pros

I really like it's sleek organizational toolset. They system with predecessors is great, and takes a lot of pressure off of staff having to keep everything sorted in their memory. ProofHQ is fantastic.

Cons

I know they mentioned this at the Keynote, but it is annoying to have the interface change so much. Including the new interface that will launch this summer, Workfront has changed 3 times within our year of adoption. This makes it VERY hard to get our freelancers onboard with using the system. I am glad the system is being improved, but you may want to initiate a policy wherein major interface changes only happen every year at most.

Workfront for the in house creative team

This is the fourth project management software that I have worked with and by far Workfront offers the most features and the best ability to grow. Workfront it's self is constantly growing and offering new products and solutions, but my company can grow as well with how we use workfront and the information we can organize with it.

Pros

I really like the implementation set up process. A Workfront team member worked with us to really understand our process and how best to customize our set up for the most efficient views and forms for our work.

Cons

Honestly - the help site and it's articles it too vast. When I have a topic I search for I end up going down a rabbit hole to find answers and I come up with an unclear answer. My solution for this is to call customer support and they are very fast to direct me in the right direction.

Workfront Dreamer

Our company started using Workfront to manage the intake of new apartment complexes into our ownership/management. That was 6 years ago. Now, we have most processes for the company in Workfront, including internal marketing, HR recruiting, tax processes and financial reviews. When I work so much in Workfront that I dream about it, I wake up with a smile on my face.

Pros

It is a great way to organize lots of project management information in one place and have capabilities to report on them.

Cons

Reporting options could be more robust and I usually feel like I know more about Workfront than the people assigned to any tickets I open so I really have to rely on the community for support.

I use Workfront as a project manager and system administrator and find it enjoyable and easy to use

Transparency into status reporting for projects to executives. Reporting and dashboard capabilities into resource management and budgeting to have more control into planning and prioritizing project work.

Pros

User interface is intuitive and collaboration is easy using updates. Reporting tool is robust and online help articles support customization, easy to follow directions even for non-technical users. Product is constantly being improved and updates don't disrupt day-to-day activities. Provides us visibility into our projects and portfolios that we didn't have previously.

Cons

There are some settings that I would like to be able to configure as a system admin, but I can't. For example, only items from Current projects appear in My Work, but we track work at earlier stages of a project, before it has been approved.

Workfront your project management solution for large organisations

We worked with a large client of ours to implement Workfront for their project management purposes. We have been monitoring and working with the application with them for the past two years. It is a great application for large organisations that are very hierarchical. I would advise anyone implementing this to plan the set up well.

Pros

Workfront is a great enterprise project management application. While there are a lot of project management tools out there for small businesses, Workfront takes into account the complexity of large organisations. This project management application is your best bet if you are running project management in a large organisation. It is feature-rich and supports different permissions levels which is necessary in large organisations.

Cons

Set up is not as straight forward as one would like. This is probably due to the high level of customisation available on the application. This I guess is to be expected with any implementation for a large organisation.

collaborative cloud based platform for truly transformative work

See above - marketing processes and operations transformed by our adoption, implementation and daily use of WorkFront

Pros

It is indeed our system of record for all marketing work. System provides full transparency,(thus also help with accountability) but importantly enables collaborative working across several organisations - we do not just use WorkFront within ICOn but with our agencies - it's truly a collaborative cloud based work platform that has driven greater efficiency and output, which in turn has helped undermine greater marketing impact.

Cons

UI can be confusing .

Great tool for task management & managing projects!

I highly recommend this tool. It really helps manage projects and keep all project files in one place, while also allowed the team members review proofs, add feedback and approve all in one place!

Pros

I really love that Workfront allows you to create a work back that is also a task manager! The way the system also allows you to upload files for review, add feedback and approve makes project management much more smooth.

Cons

One thing I feel can be optimized is the concept of tasks vs. requests. It can get a wee bit confusing. I wish the tool allowed a resource chart pulled from the Work Back Schedule/Task LIst.

Better Every Year

Visibility has been a major benefit of using Workfront, as well as having a digital paper trail of communication and timelines.

Pros

Workfront really listens to its customers. We've had the software for a few years now, and it continues to get better. Changes are implemented in a thoughtful manner, and the opportunities to customize the system for your organization's needs is really unique.

Cons

It can be difficult for users to keep up with the amount of email notifications sent, so focusing on a more streamlined way to notify users about what they really need to know about would be helpful.

Workfront is a positive addition to our work processes by improving task and assignment visibility.

Pros

Workfront allows common workflows to be built into templates. As those processes are improved over time, the template can be updated to capture learnings for future projects. Workflow tasks and due dates are clearly assigned to individuals or teams. Predecessors are included based on requirements and past experience. Having templates ensures we are not inventing a new workflow every time a new project is launched.

Cons

The software has a learning curve to gain proficiency. I believe the learning curve is getting easier with some recent improvements to support new installations and training. The addition of Fusion should reduce some of the learning / expertise needed to integrate with other software, which will increase value and adoption.

We use Workfront daily to organize and record our projects.

I enjoy my experience with Workfront. I have not use other project management sites, so I am hesitant to say it is fantastic as I am not sure if there is another that would surpass it. However, for our needs, Workfront has assisted us in getting our projects done in a timely and organized manner.

Pros

I like how we can find all of our projects in one place. It is easy to communicate and send notifications. It is also simple to update the status of projects, edit them, and edit the required content for submitting projects. It is a great asset to our creative team.

Cons

At times is is difficult to identify where to find our projects. As of now, there are two pages that display your current projects differently, and that can be confusing. The interface is also outdated.

Workfront gives you high level visibility into your projects!

Pros

I like that Workfront is cloud based and very easy to use. Workfront provides collaboration on projects which is critical to a projects success. Workfront also gives everyone high level visibility into their projects down to the smallest detail. No more spreadsheets for me!

Cons

I really have nothing that I dislike about Workfront. They are improving the application throughout the year with maintenance updates and system upgrades. You also have an opportunity to submit a product idea to Workfront, once reviewed it could be implemented in their next upgrade. I submitted my first idea last year and they took my idea into consideration and put in planning. I received a notification first of this year that my idea has been submitted to production.

Working Right with Workfront

Having used Workfront for a year now, it has made my work-task experience much more organized and manageable. It's been very helpful to have everything in one place that is easily and quickly accessible no matter where I am.

Pros

I love how Workfront is able to store every facet about a project: proofs, comments, tasks, documents. It makes it very easy to locate everything you need for a specific project. Workfront also works in conjunction with a lot of third-party software like instant messengers or content management software that your company may already be using. It can handle the workload of a large or small company.

Cons

There is a lot of back-end setup that could take weeks or months to get trained on because each version has to be designed on what each company needs. Customer service is not as responsive (speed) as I would prefer, but they are always helpful when they get back to you.

Excellent Work Management Solution

Ability to not only manage projects, but visibility into what folks are working on outside of the traditional PPM means.

Pros

Workfront is one if the most comprehensive work management solutions out there. Regardless of what business sector you're in, there is truly a use case for capturing and managing your work within Workfront.

Cons

Because it is so capable, it can be overwhelming for first-time users. Workfront is by far one of the easier systems to onboard when compared to other PPM and work management solutions, but it needs solid training and communication plans in order to achieve good adoption rates.

Workfront Review

We have noticed a considerable improvement in collaboration across teams

Pros

I like the ability for multiple users to have full visibility of projects, tasks and timelines and to loop in other stakeholders as necessary. We have also made great use of the ability to proof and approve documents using the proofing tool and using the DAM for finalising pieces of collateral.

Cons

It feels like reports and dashboards are overly detailed and cumbersome to achieve. Also distilling email notifications into what people actually need can also be difficult.

Great product, rich functionality, easy implementation, easy access

This is an excellent PPM system for an organization that needs to capture time, costs and information related to project activities. It is very easy to set-up and rollout and provides great tools for reporting. I highly recommend this solution as Project Portfolio Management tool.

Pros

Easy to implement - we set the system up and were in full production mode in just over two weeks. Extremely easy to use - the new Outlook add-in which is part of the R16 release provides a very simple and easy-to-use interface for "Team Users". It simplifies updating project tasks and is so easy to do from within the Microsoft Outlook application on your desktop. Easy access- The Outlook add-in,...

Cons

Support service - while we have not had many issues with the system and the ones we have had have not been very serious, the support has not been stellar. We are located on the east coast and a problem reported in the early AM on the east coast may not get any attention at all until late, late afternoon on the east coast.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.