All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Workfront Reviews

1,033 reviews

Useful and Helpful Work Management Tool

User adoption has been a little bit of a challenge. Although our management supports Workfront, they aren't big users themselves. My team needs to ensure that we show the benefits to management and show the full functionality of the tool.

Pros

All project information is stored in one place and I can easily pull reports and information at any point in time. Before Workfront, we used an excel spreadsheet and it wouldn't get updated correctly, people would forget to check it in (it was stored on SharePoint) and the links to the consolidated version would constantly break.

Cons

Some of the customization isn't as user-friendly as I would like it to be but customer service is always helpful and can usually solve any issue that I have.

Pricing for higher ed

Have actual time for project work has opened our eyes to the fact that we are not great at estimating our work.

Pros

It is very feature rich. Time entry is super easy and we are just starting to use the Resource Planning which is very cool thus far! It is clear that Workfront used best in class design for this new module.

Cons

It is not well suited to the developers who need to update their information. The cost is very prohibitive for expansion in higher ed. We cannot afford Fusion or to expand our planner licenses to improve adoption across the college.

Helping us get our PM on track!

We are a growing team that is evolving from the sticky notes, constantly out-of-date spreadsheets, broken email chains and desperate scribbles on napkins era of project management and into a more streamlined system that displays real-time information. We reviewed a few enterprise level solutions and Workfront came out on top. This is a very robust system that can be viewed as overwhelming and unfriendly,...

Pros

Highly customizable Excellent training and support Consolidates communication and documents Got my project manager off of blood pressure medication

Cons

Needs a lot of planning and research to set up correctly (please invest in the on-site consultant!) Need to invest time in training on-line and with consultant

Best PPM software available today.

Best PPM Software available regardless of industry. The collaboration capabilities separate it from it's competition.

Pros

Ease of entering projects while offering full-featured capabilities. Workfront understands the need to enter tasks in quickly without too much overhead, yet the software still supports a wide-range of capability regarding task and project configuration.

Cons

Reporting capabilities are still a bit limited when compared to how much other parts of the software have been continuously improved. Nothing that exporting to Excel and creating pivot charts can't solve.

Great product for large teams

Pros

Workfront is a great software for larger teams to keep track of products. We are a large healthcare organization and work front allows us to keep track of the many marketing projects that flow through our team. We can grant limited access to those outside of our team for proofing or designing, and everyone is able to see status at a glance.

Cons

There are often upgrades to the software that make things look and function differently without any real education about what has changed. A tutorial or guide once changes are made would be helpful.

Great Project Management for entire company

the community forums have been a great help - WF staff is always very responsive

Pros

We have been able to get great buy in from designers to copywriters marketing and digital - intelligent departments. custom smart forms and fields have been able to provide us with more information than was possible before and allow reportability.

Cons

I have a difficult time keeping up with changes and having to go backwards to fix things --what we didn't set up correctly is challenging because there's not enough time to just keep moving forward then.

New Workfront Admin

So far its been a great learning experience. A lot of really great reporting can be created, however it can be tricky to learn how to get the information you want. It can also be hard to implement certain processes in workfront, due to internal workfront procedures. Overall, good product, and can't wait to see how much more user friendly it can become.

Pros

I like all the different reports I can create, and how I can customize views easily for my team. Once I learned how to make dashboards and reports, I have become the report/dashboard guru for my team.

Cons

Having to use text mode in reporting to get the results I want to see. The standard reporting mode can't do cross reporting among different objects - for example: task reporting and project reporting in one report. The resource planner is also not working the way our team wants to report hours - your hours only show up if you are assigned to a task.

Helpful for collaboration, but not intuitive

Overall, it seems like there are more features than we need at this time. I think the tool has a lot of potential and would be great for companies looking to track more information. However with all that functionality, the tool becomes confusing to do simple project managament.

Pros

I like how it is easy to tag someone in a project to notify them of your comment. This makes collaboration easy, and it's a nice way to remind someone of a task.

Cons

The platform is not intuitive. It's not easy to go from your task list to a project. I also don't completely understand the need for each task to have it's own page since it makes commenting more segmented in the project. We use the main project page vs individual task pages.

Very mature Cloud PPM backed by a great support team

Pros

Workfront is the ERP equivalent for our Professional Services Agency business. We eliminated half a dozen disparate tools and apps when we deployed Workfront. Our entire business runs on Workfront and a cloud based accounting system - that's it! Custom forms are very easy to whip-up (no technical knowhow needed) allowing us to customise and streamline our internal processes and maintain reporting visibility and control. The Workfront support team is very responsive and provides active feedback and timeframes on issue resolution.

Cons

Looking forward to some of the roadmap features around external user collaboration. Already does the job but the polish coming down the road will be very welcome.

Super Intuitive, Highly Recommended

Our projects are at a much better place with less chaos and ambiguity when it comes to timelines and tasks status. I couldn't imagine working as a project manager without Workfront.

Pros

Coming from using vastly inferior, headache driven tools, Workfront was a breathe of fresh air. The tool is very user-friendly, and highly customizable to fit any business needs.

Cons

Our company is a high-level power user, so we sometimes stretch the uses and functionality to the max, hopefully Workfront can continue to keep up with providing new and improved features.

A Must Have Software!!

Pros

Ours is a logistics company and we are having warehouses and port handling activities at different locations. With the help of Workfront software, we are able to easily assign tasks and activities to our personnel located at different offices. We are also able to keep track of the progress of the tasks assigned to the employees. And if any task is lagging from its original time path then we are able to take corrective actions accordingly. This software saves time that was wasted in calls and mails communication explaining all the task details. This is very easy to use and very user friendly. Helps to plan, assign, track and improve the project progress. Thank you Workfront! Thumbs up!

Cons

I feel that the reporting suite is bit restricted. It should provide more freedom to users. Rest the software is really good.

Workfront Reporting

Overall, I enjoy working on Workfront for managing my projects and I instruct others on how to use it. The one area that has been difficult is the reporting but I'm finding that there are vendors that can help with that. I would like to create a report that is more free-form rather than table format.

Pros

The ability to have separate projects and see all of my tasks in the My Work section in order by due date.

Cons

I would like to have more flexibility in the reporting and when I export my report to pdf if I have groups the system adds an extra line between the group name and the total.

Workfront brought us out of the paper-based dark ages

We implemented Workfront when it was still Attask, and it has helped bring us out of the dark ages of paper-based approvals (yes, still in 2011) and into a faster and much more efficient process. Our work is very cyclical on an annual basis, so it's also enabled us to carry over projects from year to year without such a heavy lift.

Pros

- Archival function for content - Interoperability with outside programs - Accountability of review chain - Project status insight

Cons

- Steep learning curve for new users - No current function (that I know of) for unavailable/out of office status

The Tool That Can Do It All

Workfront can really do it all. With the evolution of the proofing tool, our creative services team can consolidate and keep everything in one place. The ability to lock proofing stages helps cut down on additional comments after-the-fact, and the ability to set pre-made templates in addition to adding ad-hoc tasks makes for a flexible tool. Though the sheer number of things the tool can do is sometimes overwhelming, a little patience and focus can develop the tool into a great thing for any organization.

Pros

Variety of features Lots of ways to get to the same end Customizable templates and workflows Automated approvals THE PROOFING TOOL!

Cons

Sometimes updates can cause disruptions Notifications are pretty overwhelming, no matter what you do to your settings

WorkFront in Progress

I enjoy Workfront! I am an admin for my company and my job is to make sure I go throughout the data and verify the consistency and and even track trends. This tool is amazing for this and I would recommend it to just about anyone in any almost any role.

Pros

What I love most about Workfront is the accessibility. They user interface makes everything pretty simple to read and understand.

Cons

I enjoy just about every aspect of Workfront and to be picky, I would say the thing I enjoy the least is the limitations on some of the reporting features. I mean as far as data from the capacity planner. Right now the feature that helps me out the most is also the one being taken away eventually, which is the resource grid.

3 year admin review

Overall, I am very satisfied with Workfront and their team. Our concerns are always addressed and a resource is on hand if we need. Specifically, as a data analyst, Workfront gives us an easy to work with API that allows us to track very important data in near real-time.

Pros

It's ability to keep a project on time and organized all while being able to customize the data that is collected. Easy to work with API!

Cons

Inability to look at a Company and see all of the projects associated with it. Essentially direct URLs from Project to Company and vice versa.

New Workfront Geeks

Overall it has gone very well. We bought the tool at just about the same time our team was fed up with our previous processes (using excel spreadsheets to track our project output). All users adopted the product almost right away and have been active in helping us perfect how we use our instance.

Pros

I like that all of our work and communication is centralized into one program. There's no issues with missing out on any important communications because our users receive WF notifications and email notifications. This tool has helped us streamline our processes and gain visibility across teams/tasks.

Cons

Learning how to give project owners the right set of access and ownership to their projects to be able to change dates, reassign tasks, delete tasks, etc. Especially with users who don't have an admin or planner license type. We were able to find a workaround.

Workfront Makes Work Manageable

My organization implemented Workfront to help with a nationwide rollout of new POS software to over 6000 retail locations. A massive project that required massive organization to get it done. Workfront provided this organization for us. It helped us to break these 6000 separate implementations into manageable chunks of work, where we could easily keep track of our progress, understand where we are...

Workfront Rocks!

Have helped in the overall process of getting work organized. Also finally able to see how many projects were done in a quarter.

Pros

Very user friendly. Easy to maneuver through the system.

Cons

Need to have folders for portfolios/programs. Need to categorize projects by years and archive for future use.

New and Exciting Insight

Overall, my experience has been very positive. It's made me a better project manager and has given me great insight to numerous areas of my job that I didn't have in my previous platform.

Pros

I love the endless possibilities of the software and how you can make it a unique experience for any user. There are so many different ways to gather information and that helps with ease of adoption for different types of personalities. In just the 4 months we've launched, I've gained more insight to capacity and hour limitations, amount of projects we're taking on, and ease of communication/"paper trails" for different pieces throughout the entire project timeline.

Cons

Ease of learning isn't always the best. I've personally had to spend countless hours outside of working hours to learn more and dive into issues. (I will say, Workfront Help Desk is absolutely amazing and has taken away numerous negative thoughts) The constant challenge I'm faced with is trying to reduce the number of clicks to get to the information I'm looking for - the same for my coworkers. The ease of trying to figure out a way to reduce the number of clicks is something that I haven't quite mastered either.

More than a tool for creative org

Projects of all sizes - variety of skill sets managing work, increased transparency to stakeholders

Pros

I love the flexibility in configuring different types of work, Agile, Waterfall, business, IT, big, small,

Cons

I am frustrated with what seems to me to be a large contradiction - Operational System of Record - vs - Focus on Creative Organizations - recent enhancements and Community Idea exchange are skewed because of the number of Creative clients. From an enterprise standpoint, a bit disconcerting .

Project Organization and Report-Out Relief!

We have solved the confusion that Excel and email bring to the table as the main tools for managing projects. Email drives me crazy...

Pros

I love that Workfront makes every view a report and every task easy to track. We have projects that run from very high number of tasks to low as well as we use both waterfall and agile methodologies. Workfront can support it all - boom!

Cons

Text mode for building reports - blah! Not always necessary but when it comes to creating collections, text mode is the only way.

Very good for project managers

This helps me and my team track and communicate what is happening with all our projects. Before, it was difficult to keep everyone up to date on each project.

Pros

The amount of customization that can be done is really helpful. This software has a lot of features, such as custom fields, that are great. This is really an easier to use Microsoft Project.

Cons

This tool is really meant for project managers or anyone who would use it daily. It can be difficult to get people to use it who are not familiar with project management or do not care about keeping up with it. There are also some restrictions on what can be done that only people with very high access can change.

Extremely comprehensive project management tool

Fantastic experience with Workfront. It added value to every single day of my work, making things easier and more efficient.

Pros

If your business makes the effort to really integrate this project the way it should be, it's limitless in its functionality and value. You can do just about anything project management related with Workfront.

Cons

It can be overwhelming when first starting to use it. Maybe finding a way to ease people into it a bit better (some kind of training journey), could be useful.

Easy to track project status

We use it every day for our daily stand-up meetings and project plannings.

Pros

Work front is a nice tool to track projects.It gives very good picture of overall project status. Works very well for agile and scrum model. Easy to add user stories and tasks related to each story. It gives good clarity on number of team members working on a story and what each member is working on. It also notifies all the stake holders in form of email when ever any there is any change in estimates or any other item in the project.

Cons

Its a costly tool for sure. A part from this the graphical interface at times is not easy to operate. Moving items to different phases sometimes takes them to wrong location. The refresh and back button at times take us to different location then what they are supposed to.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.