All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Workfront Reviews

1,033 reviews

Workfront Rocks!

I have never worked with a more responsive, tech savvy, personable company than Workfront. I love you all!

Pros

Very robust and customizable. I can report on ANYTHING.... and the people are soooo kind and easy to work with. Very responsive.

Cons

There is no way to bulk edit existing projects and link milestones to tasks. I have just learned about milestones, and I have updated my project templates to include them, and linked the milestones to individual tasks, but for existing projects, there is no easy way to add that feature for easier reportability

Still in implementation phase...

Pros

I really like the scheduling function, the milestone paths and the request queue feature. I like the notifications. I really enjoy the classes. They've been really helpful. Some of the educators are really amazing. Our reps are super nice and helpful! We're currently in the implementation phase, so there's still a lot to discover.

Cons

It would be great if there was an easy start guide/cheat sheet that we can give our current staff who will use Workfront at a very basic level. It would also be useful to give to new staff as part of orientation. Not everyone will have time to take all the courses. The interface is a little dated. I think that some things that should be easily found are buried. There are also some bugs... And some...

Very easy to use

As a system admin it's been a very easy transition from our old database to Workfront. I figured with any transition there would be lots of issue, but surprisingly there wasn't. I created the training material myself and trained our group.

Pros

The ability to configure the product to what fields I need for my specific organization.

Cons

I feel the reporting functionality is limited at times. Only being able to go 3 layers deep with reporting can be frustrating when I have upper management having certain expectations from what they were advised during the sale of the product.

Am a real advocate of Workfront.

Visibility, accountability and realtime project status

Pros

It provides a user friendly way of obtaining project visibility and also drives accountability across delivery teams. I was responsible for lobbying for Workfront within our business and this has shown clear benefit and results.

Cons

Reporting could be more user friendly; would be great if dashboard views could be replicated as reports that could be distributed as PDF's for example. Being able to cut and splice project data would be a powerful sell to key stakeholders.

Connect your people through collaboration and visibility

Pros

Workfront has allowed us to customize our environment to make sense to our company culture and workflows. We are able to give transparency to the team as to what everyone is working on and how things are progressing. Our team is constantly finding different ways to use the tool in various workflows in our Marketing team.

Cons

The UX is a little clunky and requires a lot of clicks. I believe this is in their product roadmap for future improvements.

Super powerful

Pros

The software is incredibly robust. It is capable of so much! I love the reporting and all of the custom fields that help us create and report against what we want/what is important to us and that it can be in the hands of the users without requiring a technical developer.

Cons

Because the software is so capable it is difficult to use for non-project managers. The learning curve is big but once someone knows their way around it is incredibly powerful!

Organizing the disorganized

We had adopted other PM systems in the past, but Workfront seems to be the best of the bunch. Easy to use, fairly intuitive, great support for implementation issues. They listen to customers to get feedback on what enhancements should rise to the top of the list - smart and helpful for the end user. Most useful is that it takes a ton of project back-and-forth out of email and allows you to keep the conversations/discussions in tact within the WF project. We're still discovering the best way to utilize the system, but transparency and efficiency within our marketing team has gone up exponentially. It's working well, and am sure it will continue.

Pros

Ease of use. Transparency, top down and bottom up. Proof HQ integration is a huge help/time saver.

Cons

Doesn't always play nicely with Macs (Outlook plugin).

Workfront Powerhouse

IT project management works well, as long as users are using consistently. I look forward to continuing to use the product for years to come and experience the enhancements.

Pros

Workfront can do so incredibly much for project management! It's an amazing tool to expose the realities of your project when used with fidelity.

Cons

It has so much to offer that it can be overwhelming. In some ways a scaffolded approach during adoption to avoid getting stuck in the heavy details would be beneficial.

Amazing Platform for Collaboration and Workflow

RRD uses it to support our creative teams and also with client marketing teams - it has streamlined processes and reduced silo working

Pros

Ability to customize options for users Ongoing development Listens to users/customer feedback to make continuous improvement

Cons

Often more than one way to do something which an be overwhelming and hard to train on Some features our creative teams' previous software not supported\ Personally I sometimes struggle to find the answer to queries quickly

Helps with capacity management, keeping project specs all in one place

Capacity management, consolidation of communication and project specs, along with the ability to attach deliverables, all in one place. Easy to assign and re-assign projects based on business needs.

Pros

Clean interface, ability to customize based on our specific business needs. I like that it keeps communication with requesters and the actual deliverables all in one place. Our associates find the time tracking aspect pretty simple.

Cons

Often it's a lot of clicks to get to where I want to go. You can get lost in options with the set up. As an admin, converting the issues to projects feels time consuming. I'm still trying to understand the resource management tools available.

Good tool, great potential

Enjoy using Workfront for day to day project management. There are some great tools available to assist, not only the Project manager but also the team members.

Pros

Enjoy the ease of timesheet reporting and deliverable tracking

Cons

I do not see any user friendly process for lessons learned tracking.

"Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate customer feedback and we're glad to hear you're having a good experience! If you ever need any assistance and are not sure who to contact, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at 844.306.4357. We appreciate your business! "

Workfront helps keep my projects on track

Pros

I like the ability to build out a schedule for my projects and easily update the dates if the timeline changes. I can easily create reports and dashboards to update users at all levels as to the status of their work.

Cons

The cost of the software is somewhat higher than other PM tools, but the features available balance this out. We have also experienced some issues with lost functionality due to upgrades which can be frustrating for users.

Robust Project Management

Workfront provided a Creative department a robust enterprise-level project management solution that helped keep us moving forward.

Pros

Workfront is a very robust project management tool that works in an Enterprise system. Navigation for the general user is intuitive. It's easy to see tasks assigned to you and follow the larger project workflow.

Cons

Beyond the general navigation lies a steep learning curve for Admin roles and this should really be done by a professional trainer as the fact that it is so robust can slow you down if you don't know what you're doing. We also experienced occasional work day downtime which can be frustrating. Nothing too long.

Workfront PMIS

really great. Customer service is wonderful

Pros

Workfront is a great tool for our marketing department. We get around 20-30 requests a week which will need to be either solved as an issue or project. The minor projects require little PM maintenance which is where Workfront shines in freeing up time to manage larger projects. Easy to use and has a great task /approval reminder system. Main drawback - no undo button. It can be used for larger projects/campaigns but needs more alignment with PMBOK

Cons

no undo feature. Would like to incorporate more project management plans into system

Great platform our organization uses for several project/time tracking activities

Our team uses this to track client service and installation projects. It does a very good job at this. Further, our employees track their daily time usage down to specific projects with the time sheet functionality. This keeps our team focused.

Pros

The most useful aspect of Workfront is the ability to create relationships between users and projects. Many levels of authority and usability allows for the software to configure itself to your project needs.

Cons

The most troubling aspect of Workfront is that it has a steep learning curve. For someone that is starting to use the software, there are a lot of terms and functionality that needs to be explored that isn't as intuitive as can be.

Awesome Work Management Tool

We use Workfront to manage corporate projects. We love that the end users are able to mark their tasks complete/update their process on their own. The reporting capabilities are fantastic. The staff at Workfront is super friendly and they put on an amazing conference.

Pros

Staff have the ability to update their tasks on their own. The reporting capabilities are great.

Cons

The tool can be as simple as you need or as complex so it's important to remove the noise if it's not necessary.

Less Drop offs at my Desk

Pros

Being in production I love that I can focus on my work without staff constantly stopping at my desk for updates or proofs. Everything is in the software and it is very transparent so all clients know what stage we are at. I also like that you can use reporting to enable your team to be more efficient in future projects.

Cons

Some staff are hesitant to use the software at first, but once they see the benefits they are on board

Workfront enabled us to work smarter and give visibility to our team

Pros

Workfront has enabled us to work smarter. We are aligning towards making this an operational system of record in incremental steps. We are using it for time tracking, project management, forecasting and reporting. The software has great capabilities, user friendly and WF community has been a wonderful support to learn about best practices.

Cons

Resource Management functionality is complicated and we aren't able to adopt it

great cloud based project management system

really good system

Pros

1. Easy to use 2. Highly customizable 3. Great Reporting capabilities. 4. Good support team. 5. Sandbox feature (you can test the changes before it gets implemented in the production instance) 6. Executing management will get a clear picture if the system properly setup and structured.

Cons

1. High Pricing 2. Setup and rollout are time-consuming. Apply proper change management principles if you are replacing a existing system with WorkFront.

WORKFRONT saves us time and money

We've been using it since 2013, back when it was AtTask. The customer services is great.

Pros

I love the reporting. This software allows us to share with leadership our value and how much money we save the company by having an internal design agency. We also report how many projects come in, during what time frame and how many are considered "urgent". It's been a lifesaver for us.

Cons

It can be cumbersome at times creating new reports, etc.

It's Great, Be Thoughtful

We are solving a lack of consistency, inefficient workflows and a lack of transparency and collaboration.

Pros

The best and worst thing about Workfront is how configurable it is. You need to be thoughtful about your processes prior to setting anything up. The great thing about it being configurable is you can change it if it's not working. The Sales, Customer Support and Tech Support teams at Workfront are incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and will get you where you need to go.

Cons

It's too configurable. It can create issues if you don't understand all the interactions between the system.

I Love Workfront

I love Workfront. We implemented it mid-2017, but then I went to LEAP 2018 and drank the Kool-Aid. I'm the lead system admin for our instance. I find myself geeking out every day. People come to me with questions about how to do something; problems they can't figure out. I love being able to dive into Workfront and sort it out. Logging in as the user - seeing it from their eyes - is priceless. And when I can't figure it out, I go to the Help pages and to the Community to find answers. The Workfront Community is amazingly supportive, and I have been trying to devote some time to support my peers there. Workfront Rocks!

Pros

Customer support is top notch. They really invest in your success.

Cons

Some reporting functionality is limited access elements.

Top Tier Project Management Tool

Pros

What's great about Workfront, is that it easily tracks projects across your organization and organizes tasks into a clean and concise manner so as a user you can identify what tasks are due soon and what projects are at risk. Highly recommend this tool for any project manager.

Cons

The homepage that tracks your personal tasks and projects was not very user friendly, but with the past update- tasks and upcoming deadlines are much more clear to see.

Can WorkFront fulfill all our company's needs?

It had its ups and downs. Now, with CSR, WorkFront has a good chance to prove us everything is possible with WorkFront.

Pros

The new update made; training and customer support are found in the same platform and are easily searchable.

Cons

The reporting; it is not self intuitive, you have to work a lot in order to understand how the different reports are created and find the one that suits your needs. For example, I wanted to create a report for templates where proofs and their versions will be created and I tried one by one all the reports until I communicated with the customer support and they told me it was the Document report I was looking for. I still do not get the logic behind how the reports are created. It should be simpler and easy for everyone to understand.

The software has a standard interface nothing too fancy but a very clean look.

More visibility into projects.

Pros

The are alot of options for tracking time, users can create their own custom dashboards, the recent update ticker on the side is a nice feature.

Cons

I would like for the interface to be more aesthetically pleasing especially with the offering of a client facing module to submit tickets/issues. With all the options to tracking time I wish there was a way to remove the other time options from the organization so it doesn't confuse another user.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.