Workstack Reviews

4.25/5 (76 reviews)

Marie Lemaitre

Couldn't -work- without it!

Reviewed 2017-09-05

Scheduling my weeks couldn't get easier. I know what I have to do, I keep track of belated projects, I can see what my colleagues have on their plates.

Dan Jones

Great overall

Reviewed 2016-11-16

We use Workstack to manage projects for our design team. Overall, it's been great for us- we save time scheduling and more easily identify where last-minute projects can fit it or where time can be shaved off. But there are some minor issues. We worked with Workstack's customer support team for custom CSS to allow project managers to lock designers' names to the top of the page, so that one could schedule more than five days out without scrolling back up to reference whose column is whose. But this also locks the names horizontally, so end up having to memorize the order anyway. It's a small thing, but it seems easily solved. Along with that, the load time for multiple schedules (vs just your own schedule) can be a bit long, and there are some features that don't always seem to be communicated back to Basecamp (for example, I've checked off tasks in Workstack but had them reappear upon reloading the page). This is rare, but I've begun just clicking through to basecamp and checking the task off there.

Brayan Agostinho De Freitas Gomes

Beautiful application of team planning at the time of the development of a job. easy and comfortable

Reviewed 2018-05-13

very good project planning application where you can follow up in real time a team project. has a beautiful interface with the user easy and comfortable to use. Workstack offers an ample amount of tools that is what makes it stand out this application of planning of projects between the others. among its tools, the one that stands out is its integration to third parties where we can make Workstack work with other applications. among other tools, one stands out where the budgets of the project can be established. as well as meetings and vacations. where you can follow up in real time. and as any good project management application we include a team calendar, a task list, project reports and project plans

Anonymous

Our choice for project management

Reviewed 2018-12-28

Before we used to use paper and whiteboards to manage our projects but this system ensures nothing gets missed out and everything gets done on time. We tried a number of solutions and this one worked best for us.

Works Well with Basecamp

Reviewed 2019-05-08

Workstack has been a useful tool, especially when using with Basecamp. I think it can be improved, but it works for tracking time, and planning.

Teri Sobeck

I couldn't do my job without it

Reviewed 2016-11-16

I use workstack every day at my job, and it is the glue that holds my schedule together. I'm able to organize all of my to-dos in one place, color-coded and segmented by time. Workstack makes sure I never miss a project and helps me have a better understanding of my day. I love the simple places that I'm able to add customizations that benefit my workflow.

Rebekah Phelps

Great Help with Process!

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Workstack has made our scheduling process way my efficient and has been great with managing our time!

Alicia Troesser

Makes Prioritizing SO simple!

Reviewed 2016-11-16

Workstack makes prioritizing and planning my day simple. As an Designer I am able to plan my day quickly and effectively. As an Art Director I am able to prioritize the projects our team is working on and approximate the time required to do so. It provides a great visual and is user friendly. I highly recommend Workstack!

Stephane Streng

Nice software

Reviewed 2016-11-03

The feature and functionality are very easy to use and most of all intuitive ! I appreciate the reactivity of the tool. Keep the peach !

Kenny Cheung

After recent updates it's the perfect tool.

Reviewed 2016-12-06

After the recent updates Workstack made - and the fact it now works with Basecamp 3 - it is now a completely indispensable planning tool for me.

Thomas Hobson

The best project calendar around!

Reviewed 2016-08-09

The key feature I need for managing my team's workload is a task scheduling calendar that makes it easy to drag and drop tasks between team members - Workstack gives me this.

Audrey Mailhot

A tool for everyday studio management

Reviewed 2016-11-04

I've been using Workstack for a little over 2 years now. It's been useful to see at a quick glance the studio tasks.

Luca Brembo

Great tool for managing teams and planning things to do

Reviewed 2016-08-20

I recently stumbled upon this service and it's really nailing my project and team management needs like no other. I tried many others like Basecamp, Trello, Teamwork, etc. but none of them was giving me a good idea of how busy everyone was and what they were up to. Workstack solved this with a great calendar view of the people I want to check.

Baltazar Zaraik

Very useful tool

Reviewed 2016-11-16

I really enjoy working with workstack since my entire work day is based on Basecamp tasks and this tool helps me to organize the priorities, timing and review my team mates tasks.

Heather Suburu

A Great Tool for Workload Visuals

Reviewed 2016-11-03

This is a great basecamp add on that helps you see beyond the "This week" and "next week" filter limitations of Basecamp. You can visually see workloads which makes scheduling projects easier especially if your company does not have an official trafficker. I do wish that there were a couple more bells and whistles like headlines that follow a user down while they scroll and different week views, etc.

Mauro Vigliotti

Awesome tool!

Reviewed 2016-11-16

It's a must have for any company, it really helps keeping priorities and deadlines crystal clear. The chance to resize tasks, reassign them, among other functionalities makes Workstack the right tool for project/task management.

Sean Martin

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Workstack

Reviewed 2016-11-03

You want my experience with Workstack? It is incredible! The way it integrates with Basecamp gives me the feels in an awesome way!

MacKenzie Dietz

Marketing Specialist

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Workstack has been a wonderful tool for scheduling projects with my designers. We use it with Basecamp to schedule projects and hours.

Daniel Cohen

Good product but needs some work.

Reviewed 2016-11-03

I am looking for a product that allows my team to have tasks allocated to them and easily move the tasks by priority,have time deadlines, in a daily format and have it visible on a 55" screen in the office. I really also need some kind of color option related to tasks and priorities. This product was the best i could find except for that fact only my team were using it and not the rest of the company, so it made it hard to separate out the projects just for my team. My biggest issue is no API for basecamp3, which we moved over to allow the capability to allocate a task to multiple team members. so at present just using basecamp3 with individual priority lists for my small team. Looking forward to seeing the future of this product so the team can use it once again.

Steffani Valente

Simple and Great

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Workstack is perfect for out team to organize priorities and divide tasks between people. We use it integrated with Basecamp. Sometimes it has some bugs, such as when we transfer a task for some people that is not at that project. In spite of alert us, the system desorganize all the tasks order.

Spencer Taylor

Helps us manage our team workload

Reviewed 2017-01-12

We've used a lot of different project management tools but Workstack is the only one that gives us an overview of the team's workload.

Chris Guelpa

Workstack - Recurring task feature needed

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Workstack is awesome for visually laying out Basecamp tasks across multiple team members and projects. Very easy to see what's going on, priorities, etc. Our only complaint is that we hack it a bit so it's more useful on a micro level (multiple tasks per day). Workstack can handle it, but when we introduce recurring tasks for team members (such as weekly meetings), these all need to be added manual, which takes considerable time. As well, if the task list has to adjust (because of reprioritization, sick days, etc), these recurring task need to be manually updated and move again. When working with 8 people across 30-60 projects per week, the admin time can add up.

James Adams

We can't do without it!

Reviewed 2016-11-22

Workstack is an essential tool for our small team of developers. It provides us with the ability to quickly see who is doing what on a daily base as well as planning what's coming down the pipe.

Spencer Kelly

The best way to manage your teams workload

Reviewed 2016-08-09

We use Workstack on a daily basis and it's invaluable to our small team. The task schedule calendar is where it's real strengths lie helping us to get an overview of what's happening in the team in any given week.

Jenny Medeiros

Easy and intuitive task scheduling and project management

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-04-26

I've tested out a lot of project management platforms in my career and Workstack is a definite favorite. Setting up projects, time estimates, and scheduling work is simple and effective. I love the drag-and-drop functionality for assigning tasks and the overall UI is an eye-pleaser. (To be honest, I first checked this software out because I liked the logo!) As someone who has an obsessive tendency to make lists for everything, WorkStack makes it very satisfying as all my To-Dos are color-coded and organized. There are also lots of opportunities to customize and tweak your workflow.

dillon lara

Lead Web Developer for a Creative Agency

Reviewed 2016-11-16

It is a good solution in terms of seeing what each team member is working on however the response time is slow overall. Making a change in basecamp is not quickly reflected on workstack. It's also not geared toward the agile methodology. It would be nice to sort tasks in workstack into a kanban board layout instead of by due date.

Dagmara Sitek

A project management platform that allows to create tasks with ease

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Sarah Alsdorf

Workstack is great!

Reviewed 2019-01-08

For my team, using Workstack has helped keep us all on track and allows us to easily where our team members are on their tasks as well. It aids easy, quick and productive workdays!

Samantha Walsh

Love Workstack But Need's Reporting Function

Reviewed 2016-11-16

Here at Consumer Focus Marketing we love Workstack for its ability to prioritize and organize our Basecamp projects. We work in a fast paced industry and project turnaround needs to be efficient and comprehensive. Our designers work on multiple projects a day and Workstack helps us keep them organized. My biggest complaint about work stack is it inability to pull reports. At the end of each month and especially end of year we would like the ability to pull a report outlining the projects each designer worked out, time spent, if it was billable, or internal etc. Also I have noticed in production meetings that when I try and view all of my in-house people at once the program slows down and many times will not scroll to the right leaving me unable to view everyone's list at once. I know there are many plug-ins I could use with Basecamp for reporting but giving the expense we are already inventing in Workstack I believe it would be a valuable tool to add to the program. Thanks!

Anonymous

Great tool for managing your day

Reviewed 2018-12-21

Overall, I think it's an awesome tool. I love that their basic plan is free (for up to two people) because you can see how it works before comitting to a larger package. I'll definitely be using this more long-term.

Taylor Hartley

Workstack makes my job easier

Reviewed 2016-11-03

As the account manager at a web design firm, I use Workstack every day to manage my team's workload and ensure we're on track to meet deadlines. You can split responsibilities, transfer tasks among team members and jump right into Basecamp to make adjustments. I love it.

Anonymous

Good to use for productivity

Reviewed 2018-12-24

Project management

Andrew Desforges

It Stacks!

Reviewed 2016-11-03

All your work stacked up and organized. Count me in! For real though, it keeps the whole work flow process for the office flowing smoothly. We also have long discussions on how much we like the color palette.

Clare Froggatt

Useful presentation

Reviewed 2016-11-16

I like the way workstack looks but it's integration with Basecamp is painfully slow and would be beneficial if I could select the colour of project boxes.

Frances Gawitt

Useful Tool!

Reviewed 2016-11-03

We use workstack everyday to organize and streamline our work processes. It's very user friendly and easy to use! Highly recommended!

I Liked It But Didn't Use It For Our Team

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-04-03

I was testing out different softwares to better track our team's tasks and making sure everyone stayed on top of due dates. I only used the free version since it's free for up to two people and I have 6 on my team.

Emily VonSydow

Love the visualization

Reviewed 2016-11-03

When my team switched from Basecamp Classic to Basecamp 2, we were very unhappy with milestone visualization. Workstack was a great solution. I have it open in my browser constantly!

Stacy Foster

WorkStack review

Reviewed 2016-11-16

Our organization had been utilizing BaseCamp for years, so Workstack made sense for use as a resourcing tool. It is easy to use, gives a visual for the workload the team is up against. Can't live without it.

Brianna D. Reising

Workstack is great, but not for me. Here's why.

Reviewed 2019-04-01

Workstack has great features, functions and a pretty interface. I liked many things about Workstack for managing my freelance design and editing projects. I love me a great project management tool that allows an easy way to track billable time.

Matt Rosenman

Incredibly Helpful Service

Reviewed 2016-11-03

As manager of my department, I am in charge of assigning out all to-dos for the day in the morning. Before Workstack, I was manually going through each team member's Basecamp profile and seeing what was on their plate, and then filtering through everything to assign to-dos. It took forever. With Workstack, I am able to see what is on everyone's plate so easily. I make sure everything stays unassigned, so in the morning I can hop on Workstack, check out the unassigned to-dos due that day, and assign out accordingly. I think my favorite part of Workstack is the ability to drag to-dos and have them change in Basecamp. If I need to reassign a project to a different team member, I can simply drag it to their name, and it will re-assign within Basecamp. The integration and ease of use is amazing, and it really transformed the way we work. As a manager, this tool is invaluable. Love it!

Brian Cook

Workstack in Higher Education

Reviewed 2016-11-03

I lead an internal marketing and communications team. Workstack allows our team the ability to quickly gauge the time commitments for our team members, which in turn, helps us better manage client expectations.

Hannah Del Porto

Very useful, could be improved

Reviewed 2016-11-21

Our #1 problem is slow loading. If you add more than a few profiles, it takes up to a couple of minutes to load the site. We would also love to see a calendar view so we could add future work and see how busy our team is on a long term basis. The current view is great for the current week, but would be great to have a ResourceGuru/TeamWork type view for longer term resource planning.

Aristóteles Marques

The best way to have a full view of your basecamp

Reviewed 2016-11-03

It helps me monitoring all basecamp activity on my company. It's amazing to know where the work is concentrated and where is not, and allows me to have a quick decision process on what to do.

Boariu Bogdan

Project management

Reviewed 2019-04-12

The platform helped me to manage tasks easily and to not lose much time doing it. Big time savers.

Workstack Tasks

Reviewed 2018-11-21

Overall, I think Workstack is one of the best project management tools when it comes to assigning and tracking tasks.

Michel Golovkin

Still testing, good project management tool

Reviewed 2018-12-13

Currently testing it out for our 20 person office, and so far, we really like it. The fact that we can visualize our tasks. We really appreciate the Slack integration as well.

Saves so much time

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Keeping track of projects has never been easier, it literally holds my schedule together and without it I think I'd be lost now! I don't know how I was able to work without it before

Craig Berlin

Workstack Review (Basecamp Plugin)

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Workstack is a nice tool to augment weaknesses in Basecamp. It allows you a much more functional view of employees work and makes it easier to prioritize workload. However in my opinion it is overpriced and its cost does not reflect the level of benefits it offers.

Margaret Ireland

Simple, helpful interface

Reviewed 2016-11-16

Workstack is great and has made it easy for me to see my projects, tasks and schedule. It has also made resourcing and time management much easier. It was the missing link for basecamp! Would recommend. The only thing I can't do but would like to is change the colors of the projects, they seem to be randomly assigned.

Amanda Rose

Needing a little more from Workstack

Reviewed 2016-11-03

The functionality of this program is great but its a little to simple. I want to be able to easily edit calendars and add notes in workstack without having to go into basecamp to make adjustments.

Eliran Hassan

Love it!

Reviewed 2018-11-17

great service!

Barbara Knight

User Friendly For Freelancers

Reviewed 2018-11-25

Easy to get my freelancers to use and great for time tracking and making sure tasks are completed.

Frank U.

Workstack Is An Excellent Project Management Tool

Reviewed 2018-11-25

1. It is easy to use 2. Easy to manage a team's work and share projects 3. Very user friendly 4. Very resourceful

Indispensable for teamwork

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-04-08

It is one of the best tools to follow projects, easy to use from day one and that allows me to have the tasks of the day organized.

Bobby B.

Great Value

Reviewed 2019-01-14

It does the needed tasks. The cost is affordable for most small groups and organiations.

Ian Kelly

Absolutely Awful

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Unfortunately I have the pleasure of using workstack everyday. As a tool for managing ones time it is totally pointless - adding tasks takes far too long and isn't easily editable rendering it eventually useless. I will admit it is useful for managing a number of other peoples tasks from a managers point of view provided the job runs smoothly. This is not the case in reality and more time is spent managing workstack than getting through the tasks - I would personally say workstack is an anti-time management tool and if it was up to me I would have its very existence removed from the company.

Reviewed 2018-11-04

Workstack is easy to use with a simple interface and color codes.

Elias Luhr

Overall a solid Application

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Workstack is super easy to use. It let's you manage your TODO's and tasks very easy and self-explaning.

Nate Huber

Fluid Interface Is Nice

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-05

-Drag and Drop style of workflow is very different, but nice feature -User interface is great -Able to track time and money

Anonymous

Visually great, but a few bugs

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-29

Looks fantastic and makes Basecamp even more Basecamp-y!

Jennifer LeClerc

My team raves about this software

Reviewed 2016-11-17

We use this in conjunction with Basecamp and it has saved my team so much time. We no longer have to guess which order our projects should be in and can see how long they will take. The project manager can see at a glance if someone has time to work on a last minute project. It is very easy to use and setup. I am so glad we found Workstack!

Rich Sangillo

Almost great.

Reviewed 2017-01-25

We use Workstack because we have a daily stand up meeeting and are stuck using Basecamp classic. It is a great way to visually see what everyone is working on at the same time. It would be perfect if you could customize the colors of each todo so you could group projects together and even mark something as a priority.

jose mendoza

The Workplace Neccesity

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-04-16

I very much like its ease of use!

Bradley Williamson

WorkStack Is a Good Tool

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Workstack is a great tool we have adapted to for our use of workflow on client projects. The best thing about it is that it synchs with basecamp.

Amanda Moulton

Best thing to happen to my workday

Reviewed 2016-11-16

Workstack has transformed my workday and my ability to schedule my team's workload. Everyone is a lot happier!

Caitlin Pavelek

Works great!

Reviewed 2016-11-29

Everything works smoothly; no complaints! I like how Basecamp and Workstack integrate together seamlessly. It might be nice to have tasks available for 0.25 hour increments, rather than 0.5 hour minimum increments.

Kelsey Belcourt

Gets things done.

Reviewed 2016-11-29

Very useful for managing projects. I like that it connects to Basecamp projects. Something that could change is the consistency between the colors users see for projects, they should not change person to person.

Scott jackson

Great tool but could be better!

Reviewed 2016-11-03

great for assigning and managing tasks within a team and managing timescales but would love to be able to colour code the stack or have a way of flagging tasks as "awaiting feedback" or "with client" etc

Ali Pflaumer

A Great Way to Organize a Company

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Working at a large creative agency, there are a lot of projects to organize and distribute among employees. Workstack allows for everyone to evaluate each other's workload and assign tasks accordingly.

Claire Turner

Fantastic tool

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Workstak helps me to visualise my workload for each day and plan for weeks ahead. Integrated with Basecamp it makes my projects to-do lists very easy to manage. Couldn't be without it.

ian chamberlain

Useful tool for flexible daily team tasking

Reviewed 2016-11-03

The format is great and it's usually easy to use. The simplicity is a benefit, but some additional features and UX updates, such as being able to indicate a task as recurring, or being able to set the start date when setting up the task, would be useful. I love the syncing with Basecamp and my only real complaint is the sometimes the refresh and date setting is buggy. Seems to come and go and it's probably related to the number of users at any given time. Overall a very useful tool and we use it daily

Molly Bullock

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Overall good with some opportunities for functionality improvements. There are often glitches when using with our project management platform.

Kurt Yap

Nice Visualisation Tool !

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Save us a lot of time in setting up projects with task! But without reporting feature.

Justin Stallcup

my review of workstack

Reviewed 2018-10-09

I used workstack a few times to track time with some clients and always worked without errors

Burlon Leffall

It's suitable for small to medium teams

Reviewed 2016-11-29

I like workstack. It's an efficient dashboard to show what everyone on the team is doing. I have no real complaints, but my interaction has been superficial.

Keith Haun

BProx Workstack Review

Reviewed 2016-11-03

It's a nice overview tool to see what our creative team is working on in the present and the future.