Workstack Reviews

Pros

We love how easy this is to use, how it integrates with basecamp and how much more organised we are with it. The fact it offers a free plan for up to two users is fantastic.

It helps me monitoring all basecamp activity on my company. It's amazing to know where the work is concentrated and where is not, and allows me to have a quick decision process on what to do.

Aristóteles M.

I liked many things about Workstack for managing my freelance design and editing projects. I love me a great project management tool that allows an easy way to track billable time.

Brianna D. R.

Cons

Need to refresh the page sometimes before making any changes, otherwise we risk to loose our modifications.

Stephane S.

Can struggle to load quickly and have had a few instances of email invites vanishing into the ether.

Our #1 problem is slow loading. If you add more than a few profiles, it takes up to a couple of minutes to load the site.

Hannah D.

4.3

Beautiful application of team planning at the time of the development of a job. easy and comfortable

Pros

very good project planning application where you can follow up in real time a team project. has a beautiful interface with the user easy and comfortable to use. Workstack offers an ample amount of tools that is what makes it stand out this application of planning of projects between the others. among its tools, the one that stands out is its integration to third parties where we can make Workstack work with other applications. among other tools, one stands out where the budgets of the project can be established. as well as meetings and vacations. where you can follow up in real time. and as any good project management application we include a team calendar, a task list, project reports and project plans

Cons

It is very difficult to see something negative in the workbench, but it should be developed in more languages to make it more universal. Workstack offers us a free trial version of 14 days, but afterwards, this application is paid and depends on its use in a team, it can be expensive for the budget. although it would not be relevant

Our choice for project management

Before we used to use paper and whiteboards to manage our projects but this system ensures nothing gets missed out and everything gets done on time. We tried a number of solutions and this one worked best for us.

Pros

Cons

I guess the fact you have to refresh to get the latest information that has been added on is a little bit of a pain.

A Great Tool for Workload Visuals

This is a great basecamp add on that helps you see beyond the "This week" and "next week" filter limitations of Basecamp. You can visually see workloads which makes scheduling projects easier especially if your company does not have an official trafficker. I do wish that there were a couple more bells and whistles like headlines that follow a user down while they scroll and different week views, etc.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to implement. Low Cost. Syncs up to Basecamp nicely and quickly

Cons

Multiple occurrences where I invite users to join and the invitation email gets lost and the system claims their email address so I have to send another invite to personal emails. I've contacted the company about this and received no response. Also, would be great if the headers followed users down as they scroll through the days.

Works Well with Basecamp

Workstack has been a useful tool, especially when using with Basecamp. I think it can be improved, but it works for tracking time, and planning.

Pros

I like that I can track my time and see time spent on projects. It also helps me plan out my day and important tasks that need to be completed. Works great with Basecamp.

Cons

I do not like that time can only be accounted for down to 30 minutes. Our team often has tasks that are 15 minutes and can skew actual time spent on tasks.

Easy and intuitive task scheduling and project management

Pros

I've tested out a lot of project management platforms in my career and Workstack is a definite favorite. Setting up projects, time estimates, and scheduling work is simple and effective. I love the drag-and-drop functionality for assigning tasks and the overall UI is an eye-pleaser. (To be honest, I first checked this software out because I liked the logo!) As someone who has an obsessive tendency to make lists for everything, WorkStack makes it very satisfying as all my To-Dos are color-coded and organized. There are also lots of opportunities to customize and tweak your workflow.

Cons

I wish there was a cheaper version for "solopreneurs" but that's more of a nitpick than a con. So far I just really like this software for managing my schedule.

A project management platform that allows to create tasks with ease

Very positive

Pros

I love how Workstack simplifies my work by setting-up projects with task lists and easily setting time estimates on projects. You can also see your progress which is pretty unique and not every tool has it. Assigning tasks is easier than in other tools because you can just drag and drop them into your stack or a group or team. Most of all I love its timer which enabled me to track time spent working and really motivated me to get the job done in a timely manner. Love it.

Cons

Not much really, I highly recommend it to anyone.

Workstack is great!

For my team, using Workstack has helped keep us all on track and allows us to easily where our team members are on their tasks as well. It aids easy, quick and productive workdays!

Pros

One of my favorite features about workstack is how visually appealing it is! This helps keep everything organized, which keeps my team on track. We can quickly see where we are on a project and what needs to be done without having to search through emails or a complicated PM software.

Cons

The larger your team, the more expensive it gets, but the productivity that comes from using it makes it worth it.

Good to use for productivity

Project management

Pros

Workstack is the awesome tool to maintain any project related tasks. It can schedule your tasks and divide them between team members. Tasks lists appearance and daily reports make it more better. Meetings can also be scheduled according to team tasks.

Cons

Although it provides variety of features but you have to pay a decent subscription amount.

Another great option for project management

Another great option for managing large teams and large projects.

Pros

Easy to manage large project tasks, the team managing the project and time going towards the project.

Cons

I don't dislike much about the software, although I haven't used it extensively. I think for project management software, it works.

I Liked It But Didn't Use It For Our Team

Pros

I was testing out different softwares to better track our team's tasks and making sure everyone stayed on top of due dates. I only used the free version since it's free for up to two people and I have 6 on my team.

Cons

I liked seeing everyone's scheduled tasks but it also felt a bit 1984-ish.

Couldn't -work- without it!

Scheduling my weeks couldn't get easier. I know what I have to do, I keep track of belated projects, I can see what my colleagues have on their plates.

Pros

Basecamp is great, Workstack makes it greatest (that's not English but hopefully understandable). Quick overview of your tasks, helps you schedule your day, assign easily, navigate through the comments, colours make projects visually stand out, quite user-friendly. Couldn't recommend it enough.

Cons

Only two things I could think of that could be improved: the loading time can be quite long, and it happened to me I needed to invert the order of my tasks (to switch the priorities: make the last ones first in my list) and to do that manually, when you have 20+ tasks, is painful.

Great overall

We use Workstack to manage projects for our design team. Overall, it's been great for us- we save time scheduling and more easily identify where last-minute projects can fit it or where time can be shaved off. But there are some minor issues. We worked with Workstack's customer support team for custom CSS to allow project managers to lock designers' names to the top of the page, so that one could...

Pros

The ease of managing schedules.

Cons

Load time, the fact that project colors are randomly assigned upon reloading the page.

I couldn't do my job without it

I use workstack every day at my job, and it is the glue that holds my schedule together. I'm able to organize all of my to-dos in one place, color-coded and segmented by time. Workstack makes sure I never miss a project and helps me have a better understanding of my day. I love the simple places that I'm able to add customizations that benefit my workflow.

Pros

It keeps all of my projects organized in one place, I'm able to sort and organize projects within the interface.

Cons

It doesn't refresh automatically as to-dos are added or removed.

Great Help with Process!

Workstack has made our scheduling process way my efficient and has been great with managing our time!

Pros

You can view your schedule months out. It's easy to manage time and move projects around. It works great with Basecamp, which is a huge plus for us!

Cons

Sometimes the updates aren't always reflected immediately. If the browser hasn't been updated in an hour or so and I check something off in Workstack, it disappears on my schedule at that instance. However, when I do get around to updating the page, it will still be on my schedule. I find if I really want my schedule to be up to date I have to check projects off in Basecamp, not Workstack.

Makes Prioritizing SO simple!

Workstack makes prioritizing and planning my day simple. As an Designer I am able to plan my day quickly and effectively. As an Art Director I am able to prioritize the projects our team is working on and approximate the time required to do so. It provides a great visual and is user friendly. I highly recommend Workstack!

Pros

The ease of use and the simplicity it provides of setting priorities.

Cons

I'd like to move projects to different days of the week without 'stacking' behind others and having time determine that.

Nice software

The feature and functionality are very easy to use and most of all intuitive ! I appreciate the reactivity of the tool. Keep the peach !

Pros

Intuitive

Cons

After recent updates it's the perfect tool.

After the recent updates Workstack made - and the fact it now works with Basecamp 3 - it is now a completely indispensable planning tool for me.

Pros

The scheduling calendar makes it really easy to plan the work from lots of different projects going on at the same time.

Cons

The 0.5 hr limit to tasks and auto selection of project colours - but these things have now been sorted in the latest release so are no longer an issue for me.

The best project calendar around!

The key feature I need for managing my team's workload is a task scheduling calendar that makes it easy to drag and drop tasks between team members - Workstack gives me this.

Pros

The team calendar

Cons

Not being able to attach documents to task discussions.

Thanks Thomas - attachments to discussions is on our roadmap and will be released soon.

A tool for everyday studio management

I've been using Workstack for a little over 2 years now. It's been useful to see at a quick glance the studio tasks.

Pros

Easy to use, friendly, connects well with Basecamp

Cons

Not great to forecast tasks over a long period of time

Great tool for managing teams and planning things to do

I recently stumbled upon this service and it's really nailing my project and team management needs like no other. I tried many others like Basecamp, Trello, Teamwork, etc. but none of them was giving me a good idea of how busy everyone was and what they were up to. Workstack solved this with a great calendar view of the people I want to check.

Pros

The Calendar view of all the to-dos and meetings is really great and I really like the drag and drop interface that allows me to assign and move things around really easily without having to use dropdowns or date/time pickers.

Cons

It would be great to have integrations with other services (like Google Calendar) but I was told they're working on it and they should be coming soon.

Very useful tool

I really enjoy working with workstack since my entire work day is based on Basecamp tasks and this tool helps me to organize the priorities, timing and review my team mates tasks.

Pros

The integration with Basecamp tickets

Cons

Sometimes takes too much time to load when you are following 10 peoples tasks. But It doesn't affect my work day.

Awesome tool!

It's a must have for any company, it really helps keeping priorities and deadlines crystal clear. The chance to resize tasks, reassign them, among other functionalities makes Workstack the right tool for project/task management.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive.

Cons

Should be syncing all the time against Basecamp

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Workstack

You want my experience with Workstack? It is incredible! The way it integrates with Basecamp gives me the feels in an awesome way!

Pros

The GUI makes gooey!

Cons

It takes a lot of time to update with basecamp because of the amount of projects my company has

Marketing Specialist

Workstack has been a wonderful tool for scheduling projects with my designers. We use it with Basecamp to schedule projects and hours.

Pros

Works well with Basecamp, easy to use, layout is nice to see every designer's projects

Cons

Takes a long time to load

Good product but needs some work.

I am looking for a product that allows my team to have tasks allocated to them and easily move the tasks by priority,have time deadlines, in a daily format and have it visible on a 55" screen in the office. I really also need some kind of color option related to tasks and priorities. This product was the best i could find except for that fact only my team were using it and not the rest of the company, so it made it hard to separate out the projects just for my team. My biggest issue is no API for basecamp3, which we moved over to allow the capability to allocate a task to multiple team members. so at present just using basecamp3 with individual priority lists for my small team. Looking forward to seeing the future of this product so the team can use it once again.

Pros

easy to view on a large screen

Cons

no API for basecamp3