Workstack Reviews - Page 2

Simple and Great

Workstack is perfect for out team to organize priorities and divide tasks between people. We use it integrated with Basecamp. Sometimes it has some bugs, such as when we transfer a task for some people that is not at that project. In spite of alert us, the system desorganize all the tasks order.

Pros

simple and organized

Cons

some bugs such us when I transfer a task to a person that is not allowed at the project

Helps us manage our team workload

We've used a lot of different project management tools but Workstack is the only one that gives us an overview of the team's workload.

Pros

Great for scheduling tasks across our team.

Cons

No ability to add clients to projects.

Workstack - Recurring task feature needed

Workstack is awesome for visually laying out Basecamp tasks across multiple team members and projects. Very easy to see what's going on, priorities, etc. Our only complaint is that we hack it a bit so it's more useful on a micro level (multiple tasks per day). Workstack can handle it, but when we introduce recurring tasks for team members (such as weekly meetings), these all need to be added manual, which takes considerable time. As well, if the task list has to adjust (because of reprioritization, sick days, etc), these recurring task need to be manually updated and move again. When working with 8 people across 30-60 projects per week, the admin time can add up.

Pros

Visual layout of Basecamp to-dos makes scheduling significantly easier.

Cons

Manual entry of recurring tasks and having to break up to-dos into separate parts to cross multiple days and still allow custom prioritization.

We can't do without it!

Workstack is an essential tool for our small team of developers. It provides us with the ability to quickly see who is doing what on a daily base as well as planning what's coming down the pipe.

Pros

The best way I've seen to visualize your team's workflow on a weekly basis.

Cons

I would also like a mobile friendly version of the app.

The best way to manage your teams workload

We use Workstack on a daily basis and it's invaluable to our small team. The task schedule calendar is where it's real strengths lie helping us to get an overview of what's happening in the team in any given week.

Pros

Task Calendar

Cons

Still waiting for third-party integrations to apps like Google Calendar although this is coming soon.

Lead Web Developer for a Creative Agency

It is a good solution in terms of seeing what each team member is working on however the response time is slow overall. Making a change in basecamp is not quickly reflected on workstack. It's also not geared toward the agile methodology. It would be nice to sort tasks in workstack into a kanban board layout instead of by due date.

Love Workstack But Need's Reporting Function

Here at Consumer Focus Marketing we love Workstack for its ability to prioritize and organize our Basecamp projects. We work in a fast paced industry and project turnaround needs to be efficient and comprehensive. Our designers work on multiple projects a day and Workstack helps us keep them organized. My biggest complaint about work stack is it inability to pull reports. At the end of each month...

Cons

Workstack makes my job easier

As the account manager at a web design firm, I use Workstack every day to manage my team's workload and ensure we're on track to meet deadlines. You can split responsibilities, transfer tasks among team members and jump right into Basecamp to make adjustments. I love it.

It Stacks!

All your work stacked up and organized. Count me in! For real though, it keeps the whole work flow process for the office flowing smoothly. We also have long discussions on how much we like the color palette.

Pros

Colors

Cons

Loading time

Another great option for project management

Another great option for managing large teams and large projects.

Pros

Easy to manage large project tasks, the team managing the project and time going towards the project.

Cons

I don't dislike much about the software, although I haven't used it extensively. I think for project management software, it works.

Useful presentation

I like the way workstack looks but it's integration with Basecamp is painfully slow and would be beneficial if I could select the colour of project boxes.

Pros

Cons

Slow interaction Colour coding is not controlled by me

Useful Tool!

We use workstack everyday to organize and streamline our work processes. It's very user friendly and easy to use! Highly recommended!

Pros

Cons

Nothing! It's great!

Love the visualization

When my team switched from Basecamp Classic to Basecamp 2, we were very unhappy with milestone visualization. Workstack was a great solution. I have it open in my browser constantly!

Pros

The visualization makes it so much easier to know how busy someone really is.

Cons

It's a little pricey. I also wish it was more automated. For example, if a milestone is overdue, I have to manually change the date in Workstack.

Very useful, could be improved

Our #1 problem is slow loading. If you add more than a few profiles, it takes up to a couple of minutes to load the site. We would also love to see a calendar view so we could add future work and see how busy our team is on a long term basis. The current view is great for the current week, but would be great to have a ResourceGuru/TeamWork type view for longer term resource planning.

Pros

It's the best thing I've found so far to manage current week's work, with a strong Basecamp integration.

Cons

Slow loading. Doesn't cover longer term resource planning, so I have to use multiple apps.

WorkStack review

Our organization had been utilizing BaseCamp for years, so Workstack made sense for use as a resourcing tool. It is easy to use, gives a visual for the workload the team is up against. Can't live without it.

Cons

Workstack is great, but not for me. Here's why.

Pros

Workstack has great features, functions and a pretty interface. I liked many things about Workstack for managing my freelance design and editing projects. I love me a great project management tool that allows an easy way to track billable time.

Cons

Ultimately, I couldn't afford it. I think this won't bother most people but it wasn't viable for my freelance work and other softwares were more important for me to use. Customer service couldn't offer me more affordable pricing.

Incredibly Helpful Service

As manager of my department, I am in charge of assigning out all to-dos for the day in the morning. Before Workstack, I was manually going through each team member's Basecamp profile and seeing what was on their plate, and then filtering through everything to assign to-dos. It took forever. With Workstack, I am able to see what is on everyone's plate so easily. I make sure everything stays unassigned,...

Workstack in Higher Education

I lead an internal marketing and communications team. Workstack allows our team the ability to quickly gauge the time commitments for our team members, which in turn, helps us better manage client expectations.

Pros

Visual interface.

Great way to structure!

Made prioritizing tasks easy and allowed for everyone to know the tasks that they were supposed to accomplish.

Pros

Workstack is a great tool for structuring out projects. Everyone knows what they are supposed to broken down by time.

Cons

Loading the software can sometimes take a signifigant amount of time and you can only structure out in 30 minute intervals where some small projects 15 min intervals are just as useful.

The best way to have a full view of your basecamp

It helps me monitoring all basecamp activity on my company. It's amazing to know where the work is concentrated and where is not, and allows me to have a quick decision process on what to do.

Pros

The visual and intuitive way of manage the to-dos.

Cons

Sometimes it shuffles my priority list.

Project management

The platform helped me to manage tasks easily and to not lose much time doing it. Big time savers.

Pros

Workstack helps you to easy manage the tasks for your team and it dose not require mutch time to do so.

Cons

I have nothing to say cos the platform is easy to use and got all features it needs to manage the tasks given.

Workstack Tasks

Overall, I think Workstack is one of the best project management tools when it comes to assigning and tracking tasks.

Pros

I love how Workstack helps teams breakdown specific tasks for specific times of the day which helps with multi-tasking.

Cons

Not much to dislike with Workstack and all its features.

Still testing, good project management tool

Pros

Currently testing it out for our 20 person office, and so far, we really like it. The fact that we can visualize our tasks. We really appreciate the Slack integration as well.

Cons

It seems new and could add on a few functionalities such as a desktop widget.

Saves so much time

Pros

Keeping track of projects has never been easier, it literally holds my schedule together and without it I think I'd be lost now! I don't know how I was able to work without it before

Cons

The updates aren't refreshed immediately but that's pretty much it

Workstack Review (Basecamp Plugin)

Workstack is a nice tool to augment weaknesses in Basecamp. It allows you a much more functional view of employees work and makes it easier to prioritize workload. However in my opinion it is overpriced and its cost does not reflect the level of benefits it offers.

Pros

View of workload Ability to quickly reprioritize work

Cons

Cost