YouTrack

The project management tool designed for agile teams.

YouTrack Reviews - Page 2

A great agile tool but lack of usabilities

so far we are use this for our agile tool and kanban.

Pros

We use this for our daily tracking task. And i love the concept of this product.

Cons

I think the value of the price and lack of usabilities this web app can be improved more.

Best tracking system

Youtrack is Software That Make your Work easier.

Pros

Ideas Board , Developement Board , agile proces

Cons

Changing from project to others you need to rework the template

Super easy way to log issues with software and track progress!

Makes it easy to get issues filed for our software right when I hear about them.

Pros

I like that I can quickly create an issue for our software and search for other issues related to mine.

Cons

The layout is a little "clunky" so takes a little bit of time to get the "hang of it" in terms of what you need to do to submit the issue.

De facto standard for ticketing system

Pros

It's very intuitive and makes keeping track of engineering tasks incredibly simple no. The search is fantastic also.

Cons

The search can be made very accurate when you understand some shortcuts to type into the search area. There was a learning curve with this.

Excellent tool for modern agile software development

Pros

Excellent integration with Git. Customisable according to our needs and easy issue assignment or reassignment.

Cons

The UI can be a bit better so as to help with the steep learning curve. Slightly costly software for small startups.

Youtrack slow and tedious to navigate

What the hey*

Pros

Predictive text. Can be better than a 1990's issue tracker.

Cons

"Youtrack issue" issues: Sand Watch icon has to be the only thing highlighted in order to enter time. Why am I playing a small game of Myst with the new Youtrack Navigation Zone? Boards work funny. Attributes are a pain to update even more so. From a user perspective it's annoying. From an API developer perspective, it's annoying.

Developer-centric tool for user stories and agile boards

Pros

YouTrack is very detailed to manage user stories/cards on boards and customizable for our business needs. There is also a free version to continue using YouTrack till our team grows. Before YouTrack, we were using project management solutions which did not fully meet our needs as we transitioned to lean and agile/scrum.

Cons

Our team uses Slack and integration with Slack would be great. Also, the learning curve for YouTrack is a bit high so we would have appreciated guide walkthroughs.

Good Ticketing System

We respond to other teams requests within my organization. I also have requests within my own team that are manged with this tool. Overall I am liking it so far.

Pros

This software is easy to use and doesn't take too long to learn. I was up and running within an hour of getting my rights to it.

Cons

I have not come across anything that I feel is negative about this software but I think the admins here might need more training because I am not getting all of the notifications I need.

Possible up and coming competitor in Issue Tracking software.

I'd offer that you give this software a try, but JIRA may ultimately be the winner if you're looking for Issue Tracking software.

Pros

YouTrack looks like it has a bag full of punches for other software in the space like JIRA. The UI is 10x faster than JIRA, although it still isn't the prettiest. The price is cheaper than JIRA and they offer more customizable reports.

Cons

After initial setup, it was kind of hard to set up users and create issues off the bat. Their UI was a little confusing.

Very useful

We have changed our team structure and the way we work many times over and you track has been accommodate all of our needs.

Pros

You track comes with a lot of built in feature for different types of team setups. It help teams organize the tasks and priorities very well.

Cons

There's a lot of unknown features that aren't apparent easily. I think the power of you track can be made more apparent and it will become and easier tool to use

Good system for tracking progress

Pros

Easy to add step by step progress Easy to manage my team

Cons

UI isn't pretty, lends itself to be confusing because of the UI

Great Tracker

Pros

The clever search is very useful and it is great for keeping track of projects. One thing that is also very useful is the shortcuts which makes everything easier to use.

Cons

I like all the software by JetBrains and don't have any issue with this one, It is another great software developed by them.

Easy to use as a bug tracking tool

Use this application to track bugs and assign those bugs to the developers.

Pros

we can use this application as a bug tracker and assign to developers on task board when found bugs in applications.

Cons

Do not have a proper tutorials and guidance to use YouTrack.

there's better options

Pros

it's some how configurable, it's really hard to list what I like the most about it

Cons

nice try JetBrain! YouTrack is part of the JetBrain family, but i don't see the same quality in YouTrack in other software like PyCharm, this is hard to use, and you have to learn new query language to be an advance user

Nice product

Pros

1) Creating dashboard widgets is super useful. 2) It’s easy to use for programmers, product managers and QA people alike.

Cons

A feature for entering how to recreate the problem could be most useful and appreciated.

No bad but still have many glitches

Pros

We tried a free version. It has many great tools for project management. Even for big projects.

Cons

It is buggy and it wasn't easy to implement it, so I think the software still needs in improvements

Perfect for teams of any size

We use it at work and it's great. It's quick, got a lot of keyboard shortcuts, and extremely customizable. We've used it when we had just a few developers and continued to use it effectively as more individuals were added to the team.

Pros

Easy to use, highly customizable, quick to set up, free to try

Cons

Awesome product, ahead of the competition

sWe tried a lot of issue/project tracking product (Jira + Greenhopper, Pivotal Tracker, LeanKit, among others). YouTrack was firts in all out categories, like: easy to use and administrate, flexible, powerful and reporting system and value (features/cost). We have been using YT 6 months already and no complaints here.

Gets The Job Done But Clunky With Limited Views

Pros

Working with engineering team is effective this way

Cons

Monitoring, tracking and searching for work is difficult.

I'm Addicted

I love YouTrack! I can't live without the Agile Board. The new reports are very helpful. I rely on YouTrack everyday. I have recommended it to many other people.