Zenkit Reviews

4.7/5 (159 reviews)

Stoyan Haralampiev

Absolutely amazing !

Reviewed 2017-12-05

It makes me get organised and productive in my job. As person trying to implement and stick to the Agile methodology in my work, makes everything really easy for me.Love the simplicity to use and the short and easy learning curve. Every functionality is placed and working kind of intuitively. I am also using the Iphone app, which is absolutely amazing as well, all the functionality of the desktop version is available every time , everywhere in my pocket. Zenkit really means one thing and this is Productivity at it's best. And last but not least is the FREEDOM to use the app without any limitations of the features ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE!!! I am a startup founder who just left his full time corporate job to pursue his dreams and at this time cash is really important for me. Zenkit to plan absolutely everything from the concept to task to be executed. Over the years i found that when brainstorming the most convenient way for me are by using Mind maps. I was using Trello, then Asana before that, but the lack of mind maps made me looking constantly for a other solutions, which will give me the opportunity to easily convert the ideas in tasks and build whole working projects. Well Zenkit does exactly this, from ideas to full projects to be managed with most effective productivity and project management techniques in the easiest possible ways. Brainstorm with Mind maps, create task and execute them in Kanban or List, then easily present or manage them as full blown tables ( i even almost stopped using Excel ). I also like is the constant evolving off the app in only positive way. The team behind it really know their job!

Anonymous

More Functionality than other project management software

Reviewed 2018-11-29

I was looking for a free or freemium project management software, however, I found other project management software to be limited in what I needed it to be able to do. Zenkit fixed all of my functionality issues and then some. I can have each individual "collection" set to whatever view is best for that collection, whether that is Kanban, List, etc. I love how I can customize various fields and include key information that I need to have or be able to sort by (when I switch to Table view). I don't mind the lack of visuals (photos, icons) available via the free version and the space allowed is adequate for personal use. I definitely recommend Zenkit over other major project management tools I've worked with previously.I love the new 2-factor authentication option even for personal (free) plans. The biggest functionality pro over any other system I've tried is the Mindmap option. Another cool option is that you can create the Mindmap even if you originally started the collection as a Kanban board. I've used this feature to great success multiple times. Additional views including List, Table, and Calendar. I like the multiple options as each project may have specific needs. I use the List for individual tasks, calendar view for my overall schedule, and Kanban for individual projects. Customization and ability to add fields (instead of being forced to only add them as comments).

Mario Grummt

As we Germans say - the "egg laying woolmilkhog" :)

Reviewed 2018-11-21

First of all ZENKIT got me by the amazing support and friendly people behind the product. Quick reacting, personal and really interested in what the customer is doing or requesting. The tool itself can basically do everything, from normal lists to KANBAN ending at MindMap functionality. I can use whatever I feel like and can even use employees to work on problems THEIR way while I can supervise MY way. Or work together as a team. But thats just work - I also use it in private areas. SO currently I use to manage the issues and challenges of MY PRIVATE LIFE / RALLY RACING TEAM / BIKE RACING TEAM / LUXURY CAR DEALERSHIP / CHARITY BIKERs CLUB / BARBER SHOP / PRIVATE CONSULTING COMPANY / CAR CLEANING COMPANY and so on. And I dont even use 50% of the functionality. Whatever you need to organize - ZENKIT is the tool! And if you are not sure know how to use it or what else to do with it - look at the blog entries and videos. The concept of GTD for example opened up to me through one of their blog entries! And finding a template in the tool helped to accelerate! The many ways to enter and use the tool. App. Web. Web Offline. All relevant platforms. The many ways of handling information: list. kanban. mindmap. table. calendar. The design. Awesome. The flexibility. Need a special field to hold information? No problem, just create it. Need automated reminders, etc. No deal, enter their specifics and get reminded. The support. Individual. Quick. Listening. The numerous templates. Save time by just applying prepared configs for your individual topic.

I LOVE this product!

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Our team needs to use project/task management tools in multiple ways, so a traditional tool doesn't work for us. We tested over 250 tools. In the end, Zenkit is the only one that gives us what we need. We have a course catalog that we maintain - tracking live projects and their on-going maintenance. We also have annual goals for our team and individual team members. We provide support for a website, so have a need to track items like tickets. And finally, we get random requests that aren't attributed to annual goals and need to be tracked separately. We were able to create 4 projects in Zenkit, each with different fields, views, and uses. But they all link together. It's made us much more efficient in our workflows and reporting.This product gives our team what we need in terms of tracking for projects and goals. But it also gives us the ability to have each team member view that information in a way that makes sense to them. It doesn't force us to use spreadsheets or kanbans, but rather gives us options. Our director loves giant spreadsheets, one teammate prefers mind maps, and I would rather see a kanban board. We each get the same data in the view we prefer.

Anonymous

Excellent product… Fills a unique niche

Reviewed 2018-11-29

Awesome ... effective ... and the support people respond to online chat questions within a day.This is the most effective tool/environment that I have found for navigating between a big picture "concept" (blue sky) view/conversation about a complex issue through the detailed work of executing tasks and delegating assignments for people to complete on a timely basis. In my past, I have had difficulty helping executives to understand the many moving parts to create a thorough solution. However, using Zenkit, I have been able to help people who are "visiting" an issue to understand/sponsor/champion a go-forward plan which captures their emotional as well as verbal support. More importantly, I have found the success to be repeatable – not just a one-off with a single personality-type.

Rob Coles

I'll never go back to Trello! The flexibility of display and maintenance is amazing.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

I like to use a Kanban view for managing my work. ZenKit has very flexible ways of viewing my workflow in a Kanban format, but isn't limited to a Kanban view, so for mass-maintenance I can switch to a table view. Or if I'm planning, I can switch to a mind-map view. All the same data - no re-keying. Zapier integration means it plays nicely with the other software in my workflow.Ability to switch views depending on my focus. Mass-maintenance is easy with the table view and I can pivot the Kanban view to slice and dice between priotity, project....whatever I want. Lots of improvements keep appearing including recent mindmap view which I haven't got my head around yet but will save a lot of re-keying. Zenkit is in Zapier so that allows automation from Evernote for me and a ton of other options available. Customer support has been fantastic - very responsive and with a clear vision. I'm using it for everything from GTD with work projects to planning my next holiday.

David Hollingworth

A fantastic tool

Reviewed 2018-11-29

The main use I have for Zenkit is to manage software changes in a validated environment. Each change request hs it's own card which is then tracked through the development and validation process and into production. The cards contain references to cards representing requirements, design and test documents that need to be updated as part of the change. Individual tasks for the change are presented in check lists and the review and approval cycles are managed in seperate check lists. Zenkit has a great many features to aid productivity. Like most online kanban tools it allows you to create your own columns to suite the process you're managing. But the kanban board is just the start as the same data can be presented as a list, a table or a calendar and the data can be manipulated in each of these views. This makes it extremely easy to view and update the data. Each individual 'card' can be customised with additional labels, checklists, references to other cards in other collections, formulas, text fields, dates and many other custom field types. Zenkit really is kanban on steroids.

Jessica Van Rooyen

Clean, beautiful, and minimal UI. Excellent user experience.

Reviewed 2018-03-15

Structure, organization, and a beautiful interface and user experience. I love how simple it is to use Zenkit. A lot of project management software often times have a lot of features and an over-complicated user interface. A lot of the time I find myself clicking aimlessly just to accomplish a simple task. What I love about Zenkit is it's simplicity, its ease in creating projects, to-do's within said project, linking to-do's to other projects, too, and having it all stored in an easily accessible sidebar, without any clutter. It gets straight to the point.

Christine Stevenson

It's let me hope that I can not only manage, but lead!

Reviewed 2017-08-01

As explained in the review: confidence.The ability to relate kanban cards (in my case, products and people, the latter numbering about 60) across boards in a way that is immediate and clear. I can see what outcomes I could nudge people about, or keep in mind, when communicating with them about something else. I'm also impressed by the support -- my report of a minor problem received an almost instant, and personal, response -- and, generally, the sense that this software permits creative applications.

Diego Escobar

Overall really good experience. I like that you can change views. No mobile app yet, but webapp good

Reviewed 2017-08-01

For a student, the ability to organize some of my private projects for free. As mentioned in the review, the main feature that convinced me to try this app was the fact that you can change the views of your data (kanban, list, mind-map) and display as little or as much information pro item that you need. I haven't tried the collaboration features yet but the few times I needed to share something with a fellow student it worked just fine. Main benefit is just an easy way to organize and have a controlled overview of some of my projects. Also, markdown support is a must for me, for compatibility to other apps.The ability to change views of the information you input. For some thoughts I like lists, for others mind-maps are more appropriate, so I like to have the ability to change that on the fly without much hassle if I need to. It works just as expected. I like the ability to add your own fields to the cards and that everything is searchable. What I also appreciate is that you can choose how much detailed information the elements should have. This always depends on the use case I am working on, so I like that option. The app is responsive and snappy. Also, markdown & html support ! Customization is also all quite nice. Errors patches are deployed quickly and support is responsive.

Linda van Renings

I use Zenkit everyday to organize the tasks of our team. The Kanban view is my favorite.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

I get an overview over my teams tasks and the daily business. I am able to create and think about new ideas by using the mind map function and I am able to connect Zenkit to other devices I'm using while work (e.g. Slack). For me and my team, Zenkit makes coworking very easy. It is easy to use and you can start immediatly without watching all your (also great) videos. Zenkit offers you a great overview over your tasks and helps me as a team leader to get an overview over the tasks of my team members. The Kanban view is perfekt for organising our daily business but I also like the mind map function for getting new ideas. Another feature I like very uch is the connection with Slack. And - last but not least - you have a great support. I wrote you two times via facebook and you answered immediately!

Sébastien JEAN

The best Kanban tool, but not only!

Reviewed 2018-08-15

I use Zenkit everyday to manage the projects I'm working on (website development mainly). I can see at a glance what I have to do everyday and can also track time for each task, thanks to custom fields!What I like the most with Zenkit is the ability to customize a board to your needs. The most interesting features to me are custom fields. If you use Zenkit as a project management tool, you can add fields for "estimated time" and "time spent" for every task. It combines very well with the "Views" feature. You don't have to stick with the Kanban view and can choose between Kanban, task list, table, calendar (useful with due dates on tasks) and even mind maps.

Anonymous

Zenkit is my go to task and project management app, and for good reason!

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Flexible views give me everything I need to organize my tasks, projects, goals, and teams. Having one central location for all this information and being able to quickly adapt it to meet my current needs puts Zenkit in a class of its own.Zenkit has quickly become my favorite task and project management app. It combines the strength of several different utilities into one incredibly convenient package. One of the key concepts that sets Zenkit apart is the ability to change views. Go from viewing tasks in standard "To Do" lists to a two-level Kanban (Trello-style) board with a single click. Feel like laying the items out in a mind map? One more click away. Need to batch update items or schedule them on a calendar? Zenkit can do that too with additional views. As you dig deeper, you find even more functionality. Link collections together to plan projects, track inventory, or follow sales leads. This is honestly where it leaves other systems in the dust. I have the ability to set up projects, connect them to weekly priorities, and then assign the next actions on a master task collection and easily switch between them all. I really can't say enough about this incredible piece of software!

Charlotte Verstraete

Finally found what I needed!

Reviewed 2017-08-07

A very easy way to organise my tasks and projects of my PhD project.It is an extremely versatile product, as I can change to my calendar, list of tasks, Kanban, ... with just one click! New features have been added since I first started using it, and I love it more and more. Additionally, as I use it just for me personal, it is free! I currently use it for organising my tasks related to my PhD, as I am working on different projects at the same time. I tried using Asana and Trello as well, but they are not as versatile as Zenkit!

Anonymous

very helpful tool for organizing and planning the work load in our team

Reviewed 2018-07-17

We manage the work load in our team in zenkit on a two-week basis. This helps us organize, assign and rank the on-going tasks and always keep a good overview of what one is supposed to be doing, what others do, who might be able to help or who might need help, the overall progress, etc. I like the many ways of displaying, organizing and sorting the different tasks. This is very helpful to get the exact overview you need at a time. Also, the search funtion is very efficient and finds tasks by any keywords, so it is easy to look up former Performances and what is currently going on.

Anonymous

An exzellent tool to organize your live and your work with family, friends and colleagues

Reviewed 2018-11-22

Zenkit is a great tool to organize task - for private or work related projects. There are way simpler and more complex tools on the market, I do love Zenkit - and recommended it a lot to more than a dozen different startups.Zenkit ist really easy to use, works on alle divides, the mobile version makes it easy to do even Wunderlist-kind of small task and get the good feeling of „get shit done“. The complexity of Zenkit makes ist also possible to work on full srum-type projects.

Amazing productivity app

Reviewed 2018-11-29

I am using zenkit to keep track of my personal life in a modified GTD style. It has worked better than any other software I've tried, mostly thanks to the views and filters. I've used list software for years to remember all the little things in my life. Zenkit takes that a step further with the different views available. I personally use the calendar and list view every day. The filters are also great and easy to setup.

Matheus Amorim

Powerful, flexible and customizable: the software that we were waiting for

Reviewed 2017-08-02

I am more organized, productive and happy with Zenkit.- In Zenkit, I can unite all tools needed to have the job done. I can easily change the way how I see my project without needing other applications. - I am free to add various forms of information that my project or tasks need, either through text, checklist, links, files, labels, etc. - It is easy to create connections between other cards or pieces of information, making the macro and the micromanagement easy to visualize. - Through the filter tool, you can easily find any kind of information. You can even search using multiple variables, making the filtering even more powerful.

Denise Rayman

Great potential - in the right hands, could be your one tool for complete project management

Reviewed 2018-06-26

I found this software when searching for a simple web-based relational database to be shared between me and another academic researcher, we need to organize some research data for a digital humanities project. It meets that need, however, it's also much deeper than that. It has project management features (Kanban, Agile, simple checklists), calendars, basically a one-stop-shop for running a project, including hosting simple database needs (like an inventory), which I have never seen offered in any other project management app. It also has free, fully featured iOS apps, which I have really enjoyed using. I have never been able to access my database on my phone before! (Also an Android app, but I haven't used it.) A lot of bang for the buck here, and free to use at small levels!

Sebastian Zanker

Easy to use, lucid, versatile and flexible

Reviewed 2018-06-01

With Zenkit you can define different Collections and Teams for different purposes and adjust them precisely to their corresponding purpose. In every collection, you can design items exactly as you need them using different custom fields such as labels, dates, links, attachments. This allows usage of Zenkit for customer tables, scrum boards, simple to-do lists and much more. Different views (Kanban, table, ...) and filters allow for detailed control over your collections.

Rizwaan Adil

Flexible and Customizable Agile Tool

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Streamlined the workflow of an agile dev team. A lot of friends are also using them to manage their personal livesWe use Zenkit for managing a small team of Big data developers. Having recently gone agile, my team loves the fact that the a new collection is Kanban ready right from the start. However the most important aspect of Zenkit is its ability to switch between the different views. Especially important is the ability to customize the collections and our workflow by adding fields, aggregations , checklists etc. The table view is one of our favourites for this purpose. Also, a lot of our brainstorming eventually ends up in the Mind Map view , capturing the flow of thoughts. Would also like to give shout out to the excellent support Zenkit offers.

Anonymous

zenkit is the perfect tool to work in a transparent and organized way

Reviewed 2018-11-19

In the startup that we are creating we use zenkit to organize our tasks according to the objectives set and the times available to each person. This also makes it easier for us to work remotely without having to organize regular meetings. Everyone knows what to do in each 2-week sprint and can see the progress of the project. It also helps us to detect where there are problems, attending to cards that are abandoned for a while, and allows us to react and modify the strategy when necessary. I find it very intuitive, easy to use and often updated by adding new features

Iris Schwenk

Great tool for Kanban-like project management and to collect other data for a team

Reviewed 2018-05-30

Zenkit is an easy-to-use project management tool that works on different devices and in your web browser. It is perfect to organize a team. You can use it to keep a scrum/kanban board. Moreover, you can use the so-called collections to gather all kinds of data that are important for your team and display and filter this data. The "my team"-tool gives you an overview of the data/tasks that are assigned to you.

Jacob Pierce

Zenkit is Trello++

Reviewed 2017-08-03

It basically lets me use it how I want to use it. Where Trello limits you in terms of creative customization, Zenkit gives you the freedom to visualize and organize how you need it. It is highly customizable and the support is excellent. The screen didn't originally drag horizontally in Kanban and I mentioned it to support and it was added as a feature that day. The appearance is clean and easy to navigate and they seem to be constantly iterating on new features.

Justin Bowen

Zenkit has a splendid concept. I was really intrigued by its approach to be a sort of "Trello+" app.

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-08-01

While I am not using the software at this time, I did use it for a while to organize my to-do list in a way that helped me prioritize and visualize my tasks in a much more fluid way than I was able to do with Trello, which is what I had been using and have gone back to using. Zenkit has great potential, and I am continuing to watch it as it develops.The best feature of Zenkit is the ability to switch between many different ways to view the same information. This is a fundamental feature that Trello does not have. As an avid Trello user for both work and personal, I have sometimes been frustrated by the inability to view cards in other ways. Zenkit solves that problem by natively allowing you to switch in between to-do list, Kanban, mind map, spreadsheet and calendar views. They are also working on adding features and integrations that have become standard on other business-class apps.