All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Zenkit

Multi-view project management & collaboration tool

Zenkit Reviews

Pros

Connecting with other apps is also great. I am one person company, but here I can do all, also communicating with customers, see my progress, make some "excel" tables to calculate, I love zenkit.

Read the full review
It really is a great multi-functional tool and the best part is, that the developers are listening to the users and continuously improve the user experience and overall functionality.

Stefan K.

Read the full review
Customer support is outstanding. There are also a lot of nice features, such as cross-referencing and formulas that are very handy.

Roberto Z.

Read the full review

Cons

They worried about breaking it somehow. Usually watching the videos was enough.

Pablo S.

Read the full review
I am still struggling with getting all team members to use the software and respond on this platform. Breaking the habit of using just emails is difficult.

Read the full review
There is no option to add additional photos or icons to Kanban cards until you pay.

Pascal P.

Read the full review

Beautifully tracks my business processes and assets

Zenkit allows me to track progress of client projects and embed Kanban views onto private client pages of my company's website—essentially powering my business's client portals. I also use it to track business expenses, save receipts and other documents, and control my work calendar. I love that I can access is on both my desktop and phone.

Pros

Zenkit is very affordable with a sleek interface that is very intuitive. There is excellent documentation for its many uses as well as video tutorials and blogs that are invaluable to new users.

Cons

The data storage limits are relatively low. Free users can store up to 1GB of file attachments, but "Plus" users ($9/mo) only receive 6GB.

Nothing's perfect but for what I need Zenkit comes close

I have been using tools of this type for years. I've invested more time than I want to admit to using tools for planning. I'm a big mindmap user. I use it as a way to get organized when I'm feeling overwhelmed. I also use spreadsheets often as to-do lists. I also make use of kanban boards at work and in my own personal projects. And finally I have been hooked for a long time on the use of labels/tags to organize things. Zenkit is the first product I've used that allows you to do all of these things on the same data.

Pros

I like that Zenkit treats my list of issues as a database and provides me many ways to look at it and manipulated it. This was the initial hook for me and it's kept me hooked. I can view my issues as a list, a kanban board, a table, a hierarchy, and a mindmap. These are just the views I use. There are others. I haven't used the Gantt chart or the wiki views yet. All of the good planning tools...

Cons

The user interface took a bit of getting used to. Your issues can become cluttered as you add more custom fields. I'm still getting used to how the filters work as well.

Warum muss da ein Titel hin?

Im allgemeinen ist es schon ein sehr flexibles Produkt mit einem sehr günstigen Preis. An einigen Stellen würde ich mir aber Verbesserungen wünschen.

Pros

Flexibilität, multiple Views, einfache Änderbarkeit der Templates, angenehmes Design (bis auf die Farbpalette)

Cons

- Kunden-Kommunikation von Axonic in engl. Sprache; das könnte ich zwar bedienen, ich habe aber oft keine Lust dazu. Es fördert für mich auch keine Nähe zum Produktion und ist für ein inländisches Unternehmen nicht zu verstehen - die Möglichkeit Subitems einzurichten ist schön, allerdings wird die Zugehörigkeit zum Vater-Item nicht angezeigt, dies wird im Handling hinderlich (Beispiel: Vater-Item 1...

Using Zenkit for Research Projects

Overall experience: fantastic. I've been using it as my primary platform for organizing/managing projects for a couple of years now. Haven't found anything that good yet.

Pros

Zenkit interface is highly configurable, which makes it ideal to collaborate with team members with different technical backgrounds. One of the most amazing characteristics though is that any data can be relational - pretty much like in a RDB - and you can create your own data structures to organize yourself as you prefer.

Cons

The mindmap representation is a bit different of what one's used to find in mindmapping-related software, but this seems to be mostly due to web components limitations.

Best Software for Information Management

We couldn't live without it, the whole business runs on Zenkit.

Pros

The standard views replace any kanban board out there, the other views add a lot more.

Cons

Sometimes, performance is a little sub-optimal (especially on the app), but in the past two years a lot has happened and the team has improved this point already. Looking forward to the next updates.

Great for Small Business

Excellent experience with customer service. The only glitch was a small one when I upgraded my plan, but they helped me figure out a way around it. I love that they continue to develop the software instead of allowing it to remain stagnant.

Pros

I like that our team can see our plans and data in a variety of different formats, as each person has a different work style - some prefer tables, some Kanban, some Gantt. Everyone can get what they want and need.

Cons

Overall, the biggest challenge is not the software itself but getting our team to use it effectively and wholly. But that's an issue with every software implementation.

Cooles Tool

Monstertool, wäre schön, wenn es viel weiter verbreitet wäre!

Pros

Die Vielfalt der Funktionen und die hohe Parametrisierbarkeit. One fits all...

Cons

Hoher Aufwand sich die Vielfältigkeit zu erschließen.

Agile Project Management Made Easy

Suddenly I have more time to help my project expand and offer greater service to our customers.

Pros

After only using Trello for project management for years I decided to explore various other options to help optimize the management of our project. Zenkit is super user friendly with loads of templates and documentation to get you started. I am really looking forward to use the full potential of this great piece of software.

Cons

I do not have any cons when using Zenkit, so far I have only had an excellent experience.

Sci-fi tool for the job

I have clarified and streamlined several internal processes for myself.

Pros

Intuitive familiar by Trello cards interface. With style. User-friendly, easy to navigate, scalable. Various useful functionalities.

Cons

Not sure, the only thing I noticed is the constant comparison with Trello.

Our GQueues, Wunderlist & Trello Replacement.

We were a big wunderlist user and stopped as soon as we got wind that Microsoft was probably going to kill it. We tried Trello and had been using Gqueues and always been using Slack. Slack by default became the main collaboration tool. Downfall with Slack is QC is a little tough and very expensive depending on how your team is set-up. Zenkit makes it a lot easier to see where we have been and where we are going.

Pros

One of the best things is that both Windows/Desktop and Android are very close for UI. I also like that the same data can be looked as a List, Kanban Card (which is how we use it most) to making mindmaps, Calendar and Table. That helps for planning as well as looking at history. The 2-way Google calendar sync works well, both easy to set up and how events in Calendar show up in Zenkit The biggest thing I like is the checklist inside a Kanban Card and the "Done" that has both a check dot and also a checkmark. That allows for see a two level completion process.

Cons

It is a little quirky and setting time for example requires a little getting used to. If one's end date gets before start as you modify it will not save even if after corrected until you clear the end date and start over. After awhile you get in the habit of clearing the end date. I do miss from Trello how a checklist item can be made into a Kanban Card by a click. Had a few instances where syncing seems to lag. This is most noticeable when you are using the desktop app in windows and have it opened in a browser like Chrome. Desktop does not appear to always update on its own.

Absolutely amazing !

It makes me get organised and productive in my job. As person trying to implement and stick to the Agile methodology in my work, makes everything really easy for me.

Pros

Love the simplicity to use and the short and easy learning curve. Every functionality is placed and working kind of intuitively. I am also using the Iphone app, which is absolutely amazing as well, all the functionality of the desktop version is available every time , everywhere in my pocket. Zenkit really means one thing and this is Productivity at it's best. And last but not least is the FREEDOM...

Cons

Hi Stoyan, Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm so glad you're enjoying Zenkit :) Please feel free to get in touch if you have any ideas or feature requests!

More Functionality than other project management software

I was looking for a free or freemium project management software, however, I found other project management software to be limited in what I needed it to be able to do. Zenkit fixed all of my functionality issues and then some. I can have each individual "collection" set to whatever view is best for that collection, whether that is Kanban, List, etc. I love how I can customize various fields and include key information that I need to have or be able to sort by (when I switch to Table view). I don't mind the lack of visuals (photos, icons) available via the free version and the space allowed is adequate for personal use. I definitely recommend Zenkit over other major project management tools I've worked with previously.

Pros

I love the new 2-factor authentication option even for personal (free) plans. The biggest functionality pro over any other system I've tried is the Mindmap option. Another cool option is that you can create the Mindmap even if you originally started the collection as a Kanban board. I've used this feature to great success multiple times. Additional views including List, Table, and Calendar. I like the multiple options as each project may have specific needs. I use the List for individual tasks, calendar view for my overall schedule, and Kanban for individual projects. Customization and ability to add fields (instead of being forced to only add them as comments).

Cons

The User Interface can seem a little utilitarian and not as friendly as some other software systems. No option to add additional visuals like photos or icons to individual Kanban cards until you are on a paid plan. When entering information into a Kanban card, it can be difficult to know where your cursor is if you use the tab key to move to next field.

As we Germans say - the "egg laying woolmilkhog" :)

First of all ZENKIT got me by the amazing support and friendly people behind the product. Quick reacting, personal and really interested in what the customer is doing or requesting. The tool itself can basically do everything, from normal lists to KANBAN ending at MindMap functionality. I can use whatever I feel like and can even use employees to work on problems THEIR way while I can supervise MY...

Pros

The many ways to enter and use the tool. App. Web. Web Offline. All relevant platforms. The many ways of handling information: list. kanban. mindmap. table. calendar. The design. Awesome. The flexibility. Need a special field to hold information? No problem, just create it. Need automated reminders, etc. No deal, enter their specifics and get reminded. The support. Individual. Quick. Listening. The numerous templates. Save time by just applying prepared configs for your individual topic.

Cons

I dont understand the question... :) Honestly, havent found a downside so far!

Thank you so much for your thorough review, Mario! We really appreciate it and we're so happy to hear that Zenkit is able to fulfill so many uses for you! Thank you for being such a valued user and member of the Zenkit community :)

Excellent product… Fills a unique niche

Awesome ... effective ... and the support people respond to online chat questions within a day.

Pros

This is the most effective tool/environment that I have found for navigating between a big picture "concept" (blue sky) view/conversation about a complex issue through the detailed work of executing tasks and delegating assignments for people to complete on a timely basis. In my past, I have had difficulty helping executives to understand the many moving parts to create a thorough solution. However, using Zenkit, I have been able to help people who are "visiting" an issue to understand/sponsor/champion a go-forward plan which captures their emotional as well as verbal support. More importantly, I have found the success to be repeatable – not just a one-off with a single personality-type.

Cons

The mindmap view has been critical to my success. However, because Zenkit can only print the mindmap view from a screen capture copy, I am often not comfortable handing out hardcopies because the image sometimes blurs (the online view is fine - I manage the browser setting). My one wish is that Zenkit would offer an output version which can expand without pixelating.

Hi! Thank you very much for your great review. :) There will soon be an update regarding the mindmap view. If you would like to go into detail on your suggestion of improved export of mindmaps, please feel free to message service@zenkit.com. We thoroughly appreciate your feedback and suggestions. :)

You may not have heard of Zenkit before, but once you do, you wo´t let go of it

Overall I am very pleased with Zenkit as it gives me a lot of flexibility on how do I want to manage my project and team. The product is being continuously improved, which gives me the assurance that even the small things that are currently missing, will one day be implemented. Additionally, the easy to use interface and easy to understand functionality makes the experience even better. I do recommend Zenkit without a hesitation and will continue using it in the future as well!

Pros

I really enjoy the fact, that the free tier is already packed with the full functionality and requires a subscription only when you rise above the free tier limits, which in my opinion is generous and a great option especially for startups, where money is tight. It really helped me personally organize my project and lay a foundation of current and future tasks. With just 2 clicks you can switch view from Kanban to mindmap or a list of estimates regarding time, budget and resources. It really is a great multi-functional tool and the best part is, that the developers are listening to the users and continuously improve the user experience and overall functionality!

Cons

One obstacle I see is that every time I rolled on a new team member, I had to explain them how to do things and what are the tricks. Zenkit already has a great in-depth documentation and few explanatory videos, but having something like a small training course would help me and my team greatly.

I LOVE this product!

Our team needs to use project/task management tools in multiple ways, so a traditional tool doesn't work for us. We tested over 250 tools. In the end, Zenkit is the only one that gives us what we need. We have a course catalog that we maintain - tracking live projects and their on-going maintenance. We also have annual goals for our team and individual team members. We provide support for a website, so have a need to track items like tickets. And finally, we get random requests that aren't attributed to annual goals and need to be tracked separately. We were able to create 4 projects in Zenkit, each with different fields, views, and uses. But they all link together. It's made us much more efficient in our workflows and reporting.

Pros

This product gives our team what we need in terms of tracking for projects and goals. But it also gives us the ability to have each team member view that information in a way that makes sense to them. It doesn't force us to use spreadsheets or kanbans, but rather gives us options. Our director loves giant spreadsheets, one teammate prefers mind maps, and I would rather see a kanban board. We each get the same data in the view we prefer.

Cons

Honestly, my only gripe is that when I need to contact support for anything, we're on different time zones. Eastern in the US for us, Germany for Zenkit. That's not really a big deal though.

A fantastic tool

The main use I have for Zenkit is to manage software changes in a validated environment. Each change request hs it's own card which is then tracked through the development and validation process and into production. The cards contain references to cards representing requirements, design and test documents that need to be updated as part of the change. Individual tasks for the change are presented in check lists and the review and approval cycles are managed in seperate check lists.

Pros

Zenkit has a great many features to aid productivity. Like most online kanban tools it allows you to create your own columns to suite the process you're managing. But the kanban board is just the start as the same data can be presented as a list, a table or a calendar and the data can be manipulated in each of these views. This makes it extremely easy to view and update the data. Each individual 'card' can be customised with additional labels, checklists, references to other cards in other collections, formulas, text fields, dates and many other custom field types. Zenkit really is kanban on steroids.

Cons

Probably the mindmap view of the cards. I've not found a use for this view, but this shouldn't detract from the overall quality and functionality of the product.

Hi David! Thank you very much for your review. :) We thoroughly appreciate your feedback.

Zenkit's different views on my tasks help me get stuff done

Typically going from ideation or task breakdown through to execution. I would have started with a mindmap in freemind, then cut and pasted into Trello, but it's one way - changes in Trello are then not reflected in Freemind. Using Zenkit lets me easily flip views, I didn't re-key and the data in both views is identical. I use it to plan my holidays too :-)

Pros

Very flexible. The different views over the same data really sold it for me. I can brainstorm with a mind map, work on individual tasks on a Kanban board, use a grid for mass maintenance, all over the same data with much less setup overhead than something like Notion. I even use it to plan my holidays

Cons

Most of my "leasts" have been addressed. I was frustrated initially with the lack of an API, but they were just prioritising development and this is now released. The mind-mapping took a bit of getting used to compared to say, FreeMind, but not having to re-key anything going from Brainstorm to Kanban made it worthwhile.

Clean, beautiful, and minimal UI. Excellent user experience.

Structure, organization, and a beautiful interface and user experience.

Pros

I love how simple it is to use Zenkit. A lot of project management software often times have a lot of features and an over-complicated user interface. A lot of the time I find myself clicking aimlessly just to accomplish a simple task. What I love about Zenkit is it's simplicity, its ease in creating projects, to-do's within said project, linking to-do's to other projects, too, and having it all stored in an easily accessible sidebar, without any clutter. It gets straight to the point.

Cons

Zenkit is a webapp, and as such, is amazing at storing all your projects and to-do's online, so if you need to access them from another computer, you can do so. This is always a plus, but an app would be very helpful, too. In those times of disconnecting from the internet or having a website blocker on my browser for productivity, having access to the site without having to tinker too much with my blocking app would be great.

Hi Jessica, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We're glad you enjoy using Zenkit. You can download our apps from zenkit.com/apps, and actually, the web version is available offline, too!

It's let me hope that I can not only manage, but lead!

As explained in the review: confidence.

Pros

The ability to relate kanban cards (in my case, products and people, the latter numbering about 60) across boards in a way that is immediate and clear. I can see what outcomes I could nudge people about, or keep in mind, when communicating with them about something else. I'm also impressed by the support -- my report of a minor problem received an almost instant, and personal, response -- and, generally, the sense that this software permits creative applications.

Cons

I'm using the free version simply because I'm wary of subscriptions (also not something a university finance department copes with readily), though I know that's the norm: easier to pay more up front, once. That leaves me with a limited range of display options, most of which (white on dark) aren't legible. An IoS app (which is on the way) would be useful, as would a single user's guide: again, I realize blogs and videos are the norm, but I'd like a single source I could search. Zenkit offers a variety of views -- kanban, calendar, table -- but each is confined to a single board, and it would be helpful to be able to generate a master view so that all deadlines, e.g., are available to view in one screen.

Hi Christine, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We're so glad Zenkit gives you the confidece you need to lead your team! We're working on making more backgrounds available and we're about to release a global calendar view in which you'll be able to see all of your deadlines in one place :) Regarding a single searchable source - have you checked out our Knowledge Base? You can access it from the profile menu. Lastly, please feel free to contact us regarding discounted pricing options for educational institutions!

Quick Statement

Very useful.

Pros

Easy to start with because Zenkit offers a freemium price model to check all major features.

Cons

Although the support team is amazing there should be more videos for beginners to explain the main features and the best way to start with Zenkit.

I use Zenkit everyday to organize the tasks of our team. The Kanban view is my favorite.

I get an overview over my teams tasks and the daily business. I am able to create and think about new ideas by using the mind map function and I am able to connect Zenkit to other devices I'm using while work (e.g. Slack). For me and my team, Zenkit makes coworking very easy.

Pros

It is easy to use and you can start immediatly without watching all your (also great) videos. Zenkit offers you a great overview over your tasks and helps me as a team leader to get an overview over the tasks of my team members. The Kanban view is perfekt for organising our daily business but I also like the mind map function for getting new ideas. Another feature I like very uch is the connection with Slack. And - last but not least - you have a great support. I wrote you two times via facebook and you answered immediately!

Cons

I work with different collections: One for each team and project I am working with and one for my own tasks. So I have three different collections with three different tasks. To get a better overview over my daily tasks I would love to have an overview over all my tasks from each collection in one Kanban.

Hi Linda, Thank you so much! We really appreciate your detailed feedback. We're actually about to release a global view that will show all of your tasks in one place. If you'd like a more personal solution, please feel free to reach out to us directly!

Overall really good experience. I like that you can change views. No mobile app yet, but webapp good

For a student, the ability to organize some of my private projects for free. As mentioned in the review, the main feature that convinced me to try this app was the fact that you can change the views of your data (kanban, list, mind-map) and display as little or as much information pro item that you need. I haven't tried the collaboration features yet but the few times I needed to share something with a fellow student it worked just fine. Main benefit is just an easy way to organize and have a controlled overview of some of my projects. Also, markdown support is a must for me, for compatibility to other apps.

Pros

The ability to change views of the information you input. For some thoughts I like lists, for others mind-maps are more appropriate, so I like to have the ability to change that on the fly without much hassle if I need to. It works just as expected. I like the ability to add your own fields to the cards and that everything is searchable. What I also appreciate is that you can choose how much detailed information the elements should have. This always depends on the use case I am working on, so I like that option. The app is responsive and snappy. Also, markdown & html support ! Customization is also all quite nice. Errors patches are deployed quickly and support is responsive.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little buggy, but not in work-stopping ways. One time the "Add Item" on the kanban view was below the kanban-cards so I couldn't reach it. However I could still use the "+" button and the error disappeared after a few days. Other than that, there have a been just a couple of times where the site was down, but after a while it worked again. Integrations using Zapier are still not that advanced (altough I don't if the developers can do anything about that). Anxiously waiting for the Android App.

Hi Diego, Thank you so much for your detailed review, we really appreciate the feedback! We're working on improving the stability and should have a solution soon. Direct integrations are on the way and we will definitely add more options to Zapier when we have the time! We're testing the Android app now - please get in touch if you'd like to join the beta.

The best Kanban tool, but not only!

I use Zenkit everyday to manage the projects I'm working on (website development mainly). I can see at a glance what I have to do everyday and can also track time for each task, thanks to custom fields!

Pros

What I like the most with Zenkit is the ability to customize a board to your needs. The most interesting features to me are custom fields. If you use Zenkit as a project management tool, you can add fields for "estimated time" and "time spent" for every task. It combines very well with the "Views" feature. You don't have to stick with the Kanban view and can choose between Kanban, task list, table, calendar (useful with due dates on tasks) and even mind maps.

Cons

The free version of Zenkit may be enough to test the product, but once you have more than 5 members in your team, you have to upgrade your account to a premium plan. Anyway, once you'll discover Zenkit, you may want to support the team behind this awesome product!

Hi Sébastien, Thank you so much for your kind review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions.

Everything in one place

I am using it on a daily basis for tracking writing projects, planning trips (I also work as a travel journalist) and collect all kinds of information in a way that I will find it again.

Pros

The fact that it combines Evernote and Todoist into one application. I replaced both apps with Zenkit and quickly changed from the free version to the next higher level. I like the individual backgrounds (for fun). I highly appreciate the wtwo-way Google Calendar integration that gives me an overview of my day and week.

Cons

It's bit pricey for a one-man show like my business. I am missing an inbox where I can simply throw my ideas as they come (although I have fond some kind of a solution for that). A web clipper would be nice to quickly pull interesting articles into Zenkit.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.