AppFolio Property Manager Reviews

Cloud-based property management software

AppFolio Property Manager

1,597 reviews

AppFolio Rocks!

AF makes tracking work orders, rental proceeds, bookkeeping and processing rental apps seemless.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Tenant can pay rent online and Landlord’s love getting their proceeds transferred into their accounts. We love the maintenance work order online submission feature.

Cons

The software is pricey but you get what you pay for.

Great!

Always coming out with new ideas and options.

Pros

Great product. There is so much potential in this product and company. They are always coming out with new ideas and options.

Cons

Need to expand more accounting options or advance the accounting workflow. Ability to customize more items yourself instead of submitting a help ticket.

Appfolio is very user friendly

It's great!

Pros

I love the ease in the site on how to navigate. Its very user friendly and makes it easier to train new employees.

Cons

Support can be tricky and I don't care for the application process offered.

Thanks, Vickie! We'd be happy to work through any kinks in the application process with you. A member of our team will be reaching out to discuss!

Thanks for all you do

Pros

Very responsive to user suggestions and continuous improvement of product. I like the user forums and the help system as well.

Cons

The calendar is not very useful as is and seems quite limited. We would like to be able to add things in a simple way that everyone in our office could view so we all know what is going on.

Game Changing!

Pros

Constantly improving, entirely web based, great support. I love that it keeps getting better and better.

Cons

I want more and more features. I know they are working on more features, but I wish they were already done!

Dear Chuck, thanks for sharing your positive review! We are always working on new features and love to improve the software for our customers - stay tuned!

User-friendly software

It's great, especially for a beginning business. It should be able to grow with a developing company that is expanding. It's nice to be able to access it on whatever device you prefer to use.

Pros

It may seem overwhelming at first, but it's actually very user-friendly.

Cons

There are some small details that could make searches better. Some items should be available to edit instead of having to call customer service to have changes made.

Hi Eileen, thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear you are able to scale your business with AppFolio!

Love Appfolio

I love Appfolio. I only wish I had started using it sooner.

Pros

I love the software and that they are always upgrading the product.

Cons

You can get a monthly backup but it is only on the accounting items. I would like to see a complete backup of all accounting and all attachments. (pictures, leases, bills)

Thank you for your recommendation!

Could Not Run My Business Without Appfolio

Being efficient is a top priority and this software enables that.

Pros

The most important feature is that the software streamlines my business making me highly efficient at managing all the various day to day tasks. Also enjoy the constant improvements meeting mage to the product.

Cons

Searching email correspondence is difficult.

Very comprehensive Software that is easy to use

Pros

I like the ease of use, quick access to detail information and I can use it anywhere..not just the office. They continually add new features to make my job easier and get stuff done faster.

Cons

The move out process to record security interest is a little difficult.

Pros

That it is web base. I can be anywhere and get into my accounts. I have be using this system for over 6years.

Cons

Try to get someone to help you with a problem on the system, they always has to call you back. They only block out 45 min to talk to you. Sometime you need more time with them.

The best decision I ever made!

Pros

The list would be too long. I am constantly amazed. They do it all: online maintenance requests, streamlined accounting features, walkthrough checklists, online rent payments that automatically post to the account, a shared space to keep everyone updated on each tenant, letters to tenants in a saved database, etc. Just today, I learned that AppFolio actually sends reminder emails to the tenants about rent. Ledgers are easy to understand. Rent automatically posts. We have a smaller company, but we are rapidly growing, and I can see us growing with Appfolio. They really care about updating their software and making your life easier!

Cons

You have to wait one to two days for a response from the tech support department. However, that has been my experience with all of these products. It would be nice if they automatically posted late fees for our renters who pay online. Sometimes, people are able to pay one day late without incurring a late fee. I would also appreciate an automatic management fee charge based on a percentage of gross rents.

President

Can run my portfolio financials easily

Pros

Intuitive and love the universal search

Cons

balance sheet comprison needs more dates

Hi Samantha, thank you for providing this feedback! It's great to hear you are able to run your company financials easily. If you need more dates for a balance sheet comparison report, you can expand the date range to cover any timeframe you'd like to compare!

Limited but growing.

Pros

Adding new features all the time. That is all I can think about. 100 characters minimum? What's that all about?

Cons

No local rep to help. We had to hire a consultant that was very expensive. Many setting need to be done by Appfolio staff and can't be done by the end user. Does not integrate with other software.

Love and Hate...

Pros

It’s pretty easy software to use most of the time. The software interface is very Apple product friendly but can be challenging in other technologies.

Cons

Customer support...This is a very 2018 company that wants to hide behind the never ending texts and emails but will not, will not, just take a simple phone call.

There are better options

For my small business, it is not helpful. I image this would be great for a much larger business. For the price, there are MANY other options our there.

Pros

They are always updating to add new things. AppFolio is great for large companies. There are great marketing features that have been added to the app that are very helpful to navigate though tenet and property information.

Cons

They are always updating to add new features, while this is sometimes a good thing...there are times the updates cause the app to crash, or the features make you go through many steps to complete transactions and it becomes cumbersome. This app is not ideal for small companies. The cost for the app is way to high.

Hi Amanda, thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. While we are constantly improving AppFolio and adding new and exciting features, we strive to provide a seamless experience for our customers with little disruption and we are proud to boast that we have an uptime status over the last 30 days of 100.000% up. You can always check our status at appfolio.com/status...

Nice overall property management software

The program works well overall, however it can take time to get questions answered. This can be frustrating especially if it is a critical issue affecting tenants, leases, etc.

Pros

Integration of payments and ability to sign leases online

Cons

extra costs for paying bills using Appfolio and inability to get tenant's signature on the move-in apartment evaluation

Happy Customer.

It has been well.

Pros

It is for the most part user friendly. We have used it for several years now.

Cons

There is no call and speak with someone right then about issues. Also the accounting portion needs work. I need to be able to put mortgage rates in as to monthly adjust what is paid to principle and what goes to interest.

I Love appfolio!!!!

I have everything available online, anytime. Whether at the office, home or on the road with the mobile app.

Pros

What I love about Appfolio is that it is a complete software, very practical and easy to use. Also the impressive thing is that they are constantly working to improve.

Cons

I have some difficult to reconcile banking accounts.

5+ Year user

Love the easy access to all resident information. Adding new residents or removing past, is very easy. The interface is easy to read and I am able to find any needed information very quickly.

Pros

Very user friendly. Easy to train new employees . Easy to show residents how to access their portal information

Cons

Support can take a few days to get back to you.

Owner

This is a great product. I has simplified collection and tracking of sums owed by tenants. I can share information at any time with ease.

Pros

Everything I need to track is integrated in one package. The changes reflect my needs in using the software.

Cons

Some portions I don't like the way it works. For example moving a tenant from one property to another.

Best Property Management Software

It has totally changed the way I do business. It keeps me organized. Creating work orders and paying invoices is so easy. It makes it easy to see the history of text and email communication with tenants and landlords.

Pros

I love the showings feature that sends texts to confirm in advance.

Cons

At first I didn't like that the leads for showings had to confirm in all caps, but that seems to have changed so they can do it in lowercase. It was confusing when they "confirm"ed and got cancelled because they didn't "CONFIRM".

Great product that is easy to use

Pros

Ease of use Responsive customer service Good integration with collection service

Cons

It would be nice to have another choice when not accepting an application. It shouldn't be just accept or reject. If another application is accepted all others should be just denied but the only option is to reject the applicant.

Easiest software i've used

Pros

the search navigation is amazing! and honestly i have found that everything is fixable and i didnt find that with the 2 other software programs i have tried

Cons

even though everything is fixable, its not always something i can fix myself, i often have to contact appfolio to fix it. but im just grateful its fixable period!

Great Software

This has to be the best property manager software out there.

Pros

The ease of use. The functionality goes above and beyond. It is easy to find anything. The bank reconciliations are simple. Easy to add vendors and tenants. Love the reports

Cons

When you move a tenant out it gets complicated; especially if one tenant stays.

Better than most

Overall, it has been great.

Pros

The innovation of the product over the years unlike other providers.

Cons

A little weak on the accounting side. Some confusing statements/features.

Hi Doug, thank you for leaving a review. We hope that as you continue to dive in and train on the accounting aspects of the software, the product will become more familiar to you. Thanks!