All categories

Beaver Reviews

Best fit for my real estate business. Best UX from rent collection to bookkeeping

I love Beaver. I am happy overall. It completes what I want to do in one app.

Pros

Great helped me set up my real estate portfolio very easily. They are best at streamlining work from rent collection and expense payments to bookkeeping. I can access the information when I want. All the features are very user-friendly. They have a help center so it was helpful as well. I had no accounting knowledge but I could start managing my properties right away.

Cons

I understand that I can just text my tenants but it will be great if they create a tenant portal for work orders and those are connected to accounting information.

Easy to use and great customer support

Very satisfied. They have excellent functionality / ease of use for rent collection, accounting and other record keeping. It will be great if they could add some analytics in the future but so far so good.

Pros

The best thing about Beaver is the customer support. When I have questions, I email them and the response is very fast and the answers are always very clear. The software is very easy to use but from time to time you still have questions. I tried some of the free softwares in the industry but their customer service was horrible.

Cons

At the moment, there are no analytical features. The accounting / record-keeping part is excellent but at some point I may want to see some more analytics - for example, to compare my properties' performance vs the market.

Real estate accounting software and rent collection software all together

Overall, I like it. For my operation, Beaver is good enough and pricing point is very reasonable for their powerful features.

Pros

The best part of Beaver is that I can do both collect rent online and bookkeeping for the rent I collected. Most of softwares miss something. You end up needing two softwares. App folio covers a broad spectrum of features but they are very expensive and their accounting feature is still not strong enough compared to Beaver.

Cons

Vendor payment feature is great but you can’t schedule your payment. It goes out right away. It will be better if I can schedule the date to make future payment.

Beaver is like a tool box. Useful tools in a compact box.

I am happy with what they have for now. If my portfolio grows a lot more, I might need something else, but Beaver is all I need for now.

Pros

I like Beaver because it provides features I need in a simple manner. Other property management software has so many features but they do not have proper accounting features. Beaver does not have features for tenant management such as work orders or maintenance requests, but that was not something I was looking for, so it was okay that Beaver didn't have them. I was looking for software that lets me collect rent online and pay some invoices to vendors within the app with easy bookkeeping. Beaver has built these features very well.

Cons

Maybe they can do a better job on reporting features. Currently, the reporting is only financial statements. Monthly reporting for simple income and expenses may be useful for owners.

Awesome property management software!

I think its great overall. I can see the improvement every month so I feel satisfied.

Pros

I like Beaver because it has full fledged accounting features like balance sheet and general ledger. I like to do analysis on my properties. General ledger helps a lot. Also I love that it has document storage at property level. I can download documents from Beaver when I need them. Recently they released the dashboard. Its great because you can see performance right at the first page.

Cons

There is not enough analytical features. I would like to have more metrics like rent by sqf and stuff.

Good tax preparation software

I like Beaver. For now, it does what I want it to do. If I grow, I might need somethign more, but for now, I am pretty happy and it keeps the costs low (compared to hiring a CPA to do everything).

Pros

I like how easily you can create a Schedule E (their financial statement is already built in Schedule E format, though you also have the option to change it). All of their features are built with the end goal of creating a Schedule E, which is ready as soon as I'm done categorizing and assigning the transactions. If you are choosing a software based on the accounting feature or just need to make a Schedule E, I would go with this.

Cons

I was initially under the impression that there would be some kind of reconciliation feature with CPA's data or something to confirm what I did is correct. It will be great if they can build the feature.

Best for independent landlords

Overall, I am happy. I have no complaints for now. As long as they keep the price low like this, I will keep using it.

Pros

Beaver is the easiest property management software to set up the account. I talked to some other property management software options, but they said they need to speak with me to set up the account for me, and some of them charge ridiculous amounts. I do not have many properties and I am not planning to grow more anyways. Simplicity something I was looking for and Beaver had it. I could start right away on the day of signed up. I have never had any issues ever since.

Cons

Maybe it will be helpful if Beaver can give me some market information like rental information in the area. The software is for you to manage your properties. Maybe some features for you to increase revenue may be helpful.

Great customer support and trust worthy services

I like it a lot. I would continue to use it as long as they keep the pricing point. At some point they may have to create some tenant management features such as work order management or something but overall, I like Beaver.

Pros

I like Beaver because I do not need any other software to manage my properties. There are some property management softwares but they are usually strong in tenant management features. I was looking for a full-fledged accounting software that suits the best for real estate property management. Some people suggested Quickbooks so I tried it but quickbooks is just a basic accounting software for any small business like a cafe or restaurant. There is no rent collection feature. Beaver does all of finance related matters. I love it.

Cons

Rent roll can be improved better. It is great that you can see rent overdue but I like to see a lot of properties in one screen. The design is clean but maybe the table can be smaller and put more properties in one screen.

The best one-stop properties management service unless you are a fan of overwhelming tasks

Really happy with Beaver overall. It reduced the amount of time I used to spend on this stuff. What's more, it does not make careless mistakes like me.

Pros

As far as I know, Beaver is the only one-stop service that can handle all the overwhelming tasks like logging in to each online bank account, getting transactions, rent collection, vendor payment with email, automated schedule E prep. Of course, there are services that can do a few of them though.

Cons

Beaver seems to be still a startup service, so its functionalities are minimum. To be honest, they are enough to me, but may not to someone else.

Easy to set up for the first investment.

I am very happy with Beaver overall. I was worried if I could manage my first investment but Beaver definitely helped me a lot. If someone is looking for a full-fledged accounting function along with rent collection, Beaver will be a good choice.

Pros

The best part of Beaver is that it is very easy to set up an account. I thought setting up an account for this type of software was a lot of work but it was very easy and self-explanatory. Just connect your bank account and you see the transactions for your properties right away. Vendor payment was very easy as well. Just enter the vendor's email address and the amount your payment is done. Nothing much to set up really. Just add your asset and enter lease information and you are good to go.

Cons

Perhaps, Beaver can add more notification features. I do not really receive emails from Beaver saying you received rent from your tenants or anything. It will be helpful that if the owner gets notified if tenant has paid on time. If not paid, some reminder for the owner to take some action.

Easy property management software

I am very happy. I have been in real estate investment professionally and personally. Everything I need for now is there. There is no extra or hidden fees. The customer support is great.This kind of tech stuff will grow the industry.

Pros

The best feature of Beaver is bookkeeping. There are some softwares in the market that do the similar functionality as Beaver but Beaver's features are very user friendly and the design is very modern compared to others. Some property management softwares like appfolio offers too many features and the pricing is so high for small investors like us. Beaver is the best fit for my properties. It is so easy to set up. You can just start it right away.

Cons

Maybe some investment analysis will be helpful. I can calculate cap rate and all but it will be nice if I can see how my properties are peforming compared to the local real estate market.