DoorLoop Logo

DoorLoop

Save time, make more money and grow your portfolio.

DoorLoop Reviews - Page 3

PA

Paul A.

Easy tracking of payments

We are very happy with DoorLoop. It makes it easier for us to track charges and payments, as well as giving us access to a professional-looking statement for our tenants. Very happy with the online payments.

Pros

We love using DoorLoop to track rent charges and payments. This is the bulk of what we use it for. We do not yet use all of the accounting functions. It automatically posts the charges along with any late fees, and notifies the tenant of those charges. I love that it gives our tenants the ability to pay online, as so many things are done this way nowadays. They even have the option to pay with a credit card if necessary. I can print a statement any time, easily access copies of invoices, and add notes to their account.

Cons

We are a small property management company, so we probably use DoorLoop differently than others. Tenants are responsible for utilities, but our City requires the landlord (us) to keep utilities in our name. So, we charge the tenants to reimburse. Currently there is no way to post the charge and include an attachment of the bill that THEY can view in the portal. We have to create a separate communication and include that bill. So I'm doing everything twice. Also, I wish I could filter the lease search by property and also by "active" leases. Currently, it auto sorts to the tenants first name and if I set a filter for active leases, it still sorts the same way.

LZ

Larry Z.

Doorloop rental management software

I can't say enough about how good the support has been! I've never had an issue getting an answer or solving a problem using the chat system. During the day response is usually almost immediate!

Pros

The ability to track our leases and the Tenant Portal are the most important features for our business. It was an easy transition to incorporate it into our business processes once we got past the learning curve. Support is fantastic since we are able to get answers to questions or difficulties almost immediately at any time via their online chat system.

Cons

There is a learning curve up front, but once we got used to it the product is easy to use. Some of the complexity is due to the extensive feature set.

gb

george b.

Real Estate, self-employed

Door Loop for property managment and construction

I am please I purchased the product, and plan on renewing it when my 1 year anniversary comes up.

Pros

I like that it imports transactions from my banks. I like the reporting feature that breaks costs down by property. I like the lease tracking and renewal feature.

Cons

I don't like paying to pay bills, hence I don't use it. There are times that if you dont follow the recommended steps to do an event, such as lease renewal, you can screw up the property, and need to go to technical support to clear it up. I call that stupid user mistakes, but DL will let you make them.

GY

Gordon Y.

My experience with DoorLoop

Overall I am happy, customer service is very responsive.

Pros

I like the appearance of the interface. The dashboard helps keep you organized. Email notifications of rental payments from the Tenants.

Cons

Paying bills is a little confusing the way you have to wade through different windows to make a payment.

KL

Kaye L.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Property Manager Review of Doorloop

Solving having all of our software in one place. Its nice to have doorloop to go to for all of our management needs.

Pros

Product is easy to use overall. The display is nice, looks good and easy for tenants to use overall. I never have trouble finding what I need in the system

Cons

Sometimes the app is not accurate, or the search bars dont work in certain tabs of doorloop. Sometimes tenants say that they arent recieving notifications from announcements as well. Also would like character count to go up.

BH

Brandon H.

Doorloop is great for all PM Companies

8.5/10 - I really like doorloop, i think the fees could be more upfront ie costs more with more active properties, I didn't know that. Also I believe that the PM should have a way to track funds easier when sharing the operating account with other properties. IE making a "owner" profile for the business took a bit to wrap my head around, and still throws me for a loop.

Pros

The ease of use of the dashboard and interface. Ability to give owners a portal so they can login and see what they need when they need to.

Cons

I have to manage my own businesses budget as a separate user and make manual deposits to the same operating account to keep my budget reconciled correctly.

HB

Heather B.

DoorLoop Has Lowered My Blood Pressure

Truly, DoorLoop has just let me breathe a sigh of relief. When life is busy on other vectors, I don't have to be checking on what day is is and who's paid what by when, or which leases are signed or renewing soon, or which insurance confirmations I have. I've always hated things like having to personally apply and insist upon late fees, and the software gives me a much more impersonal and even-handed way to enforce policies and rules across multiple tenants. I can immediately see what is or isn't wrong with a quick look at the dashboard. Now that I'm getting more comfortable with things like online signature templates and rental listings, I think it will be even easier going forward.

Pros

I went from renting out one house to managing 10 rental units in (literally, I'm not making this up) one day. And this was in addition to my Real Job of managing a small manufacturing company. It was a shocking transition and I quickly learned that I couldn't possibly keep track of 10 tenants, payments, late payments, books, etc. by myself and not lose my mind. I chose DoorLoop on the grounds of their...

Cons

It can sometimes be a little complicated for what I need (for example, I do my main accounting in another package), but the more I get to know it, the more I realize that some of the features are things I might use later, or can easily skirt around. Basically, there's a learning curve... but I'm not sure how there ever wouldn't be with a full-featured software package. There seems to be a way I can get anything I need to do done, in a systematic and automated way... once I figure out what that is.

MD

Mari D.

Great platform for beginners

My overall experience with DoorLoop has been great so far. I am coming from using multiple platforms and applications so having everything in one place has been great.

Pros

The customer support and education provided by DoorLoop is fantastic and thorough. I like the all-in-one platform the most. It is very convenient to have everything in one place so you don't need multiple platforms.

Cons

Sometimes the financial accounting sections are a little hard to follow but that is likely a user error. A customer support person is always a chat or call away to explain.

MC

Miles C.

I'm loving DoorLoop!

Pros

There is a lot to list as to why I genuinely suggest DoorLoop to fellow property managers. For one, ease of access and design. In the property management world there is a lot of complexity. DoorLoop solves this by their minimalistic design but in depth features. The customer success extremely fast and always there to answer questions and troubleshoot. I can't say one bad thing about anyone that I have interacted with. Please don't change this because people make companies great and if you veer away from this, it will affect your bottom line! I've seen it happen countless times.

Cons

I know its coming, and I can't wait, but inspections. It is VERY important as a property manager to be able to conduct inspections of our properties. Right now i am using a third party app to do so which isn't ideal. I will be very excited once it releases! Also, from previous experience in competitive property management software, its important to be able to attach bills and expenses to tasks and maintenance requests. As of now I can only reference them between each other in the notes section, being able to see bills and expenses live in maintenance tasks or orders would be amazing!

TR

Thomas R.

New to Door loop

Great, the issues were the third party companies

Pros

User friendly, especially the ability to make and delete entries prior to them being reconciled. The linking of the bank accounts, tenant portal, online payments,

Cons

The time it take for the tenant's online payments to be deposited in our accounts.

RL

Renan L.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Saving time and energy with DoorLoop

Door Loop Software stands out as a comprehensive and user-friendly solution for access control management. Its intuitive interface, robust features, and seamless integration capabilities make it a valuable asset for organizations seeking to enhance their security infrastructure. While no software is without its areas for improvement, Door Loop Software certainly deserves consideration for those in need of an efficient and reliable access control solution.

Pros

One of the standout features of Door Loop Software is its user-friendly interface. Navigating through the system is intuitive, making it accessible even for users with minimal technical expertise. The clean design and well-thought-out layout contribute to a positive user experience.

Cons

While Door Loop Software impressed me with its overall functionality, there's always room for improvement. A more detailed user guide or tutorial section could be beneficial for users who are new to access control systems.

SS

Steven S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great Option for less than 50 Door Owners.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is very powerful. There is more than what I expected. I needed a platform to replace my property management team and Door Loop is proving to be an excellent choice. They provide on-line training to guide thru training of its features. I have since gone 'live' within two months of initial setup and rents were collected with no hiccups. I also had to turn one property and did so with only a one day vacancy. DoorLoop provided the basis to list, and screen tenants and provide background checks to make the best decision possible for tenant selection.

Cons

Onboarding sessions always seem rushed with only 30-45 minutes of training. Then rescheduling can be around a week away. In fairness, you can use the help feature and someone live will address any issues that may arise. There are many how to videos, but they are short and circustantial. It would be great to possibly have lectures on all the features, especially the accounting and reporting capabilities. I would love to learn more about the power of Door Loop.

jw

justin w.

Optimistic, but frustrated User

Disappointed and frustrated are the best words to describe my experience with Doorloop. But I haven't given up yet. I'm invested too much of my own time to give up just yet.

Pros

Overall, the potential of Doorloop is amazing. My sales rep was very persuasive and wish the product was as helpful and as automated as he had implied. Syncing bank accounts via Plaid is a major plus! The UI is much better than competitors.

Cons

The onboarding has been really frustrating. All of customer support is helpful, especially [sensitive content hidden], but access to customer support is limited. In some instance it has taken me over a week to book time with [sensitive content hidden].

Hi Justin, Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that our bank sync and UI have been helpful to us. We're sorry to hear that your onboarding process has been frustrating. It's very important to us to make sure that every one of our members works with a real person, not a bot. With that said, we are growing our team in order to make sure that wait times are as low as possible. If there's anything at all we can do to help make the onboarding process smoother for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

MS

Matt S.

Best Property Management Software

Hands-down, the best part about doorloop is their customer service. I’ve done a few zoom calls or emails with numerous people at their company, and every single one is polite and professional.

Pros

After a small learning curve implementing, this software has been very easy. I love that my tenants can go online to see their current balance, and pay automatically.

Cons

I wish there was a way to be able to view in one area who has paid their rent versus unpaid.

We sincerely appreciate your wonderful feedback about DoorLoop! It's fantastic to know that our software's ease of use and integrated features have made your property management tasks more efficient. Thank you for choosing DoorLoop, and we're here to support you every step of the way.

GW

Gayle W.

Amazing and Simple

It’s just 100% positive. What else can I say? I can honestly say I have never in my life said that about a piece of software or a commercial product. The combination of thoughtful product development that can be customized to your specific needs, and the level of support from live people is so refreshing I. This age of AI and automated everything often makes getting help a challenge and takes great chunks of time. Not with this product!

Pros

The support team from Doorloop is the very best in the business. They are always there, even when they are closed! I am impressed beyond words at how fast, friendly and smart they are. If you are working on an issue at 10 at night, you will have help by the next morning. If you wish you could do something beyond the software’s capacity, they will review the thought and if feasible the programmers get on it, and you’ve got it. They help correct your mistakes too, so the boss doesn’t see your stupidity!

Cons

Sometimes I get confused about where a certain feature can be found and I have to mess around. I think that is me, not the program. Some features I use more than others so it is just from a learning curve.

TB

Travis B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

A pretty solid choice for property management

Customer service has been great and I'm optimistic that Doorloop will continue to improve their software in the near future. Although the text limitations and communication credits are annoying, I'd still choose this software over the competitors. It's simple to setup, tenants seem to enjoy the mobile app, and is reliable for collecting rent, assigning tasks, etc. We've tried 3-4 other management software options and are proud to stick with Doorloop as we grow.

Pros

Customer service is incredible. Software is reliable and adequate.

Cons

Text messages are limited to 140 characters through the portal. Communication credits are required for lease signing. These credits cost money in addition to the monthly payment. This seems like a silly money grab and should be included in the premium. There could be more automated features for lease signing fields.

MF

Mike F.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Very please with Doorloop but could use some better Commercial features

Very Happy. This is the right solution for our company at the right price.

Pros

Tenant Portal. Really connects landlord and tenant and streamlines rent collection. Automates Lease administration.

Cons

Needs more commercial real estate features.

pr

paul r.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

The Best Change I ever Made!

My overall experience with doorloop has been amazing. Nothing compares to it that I have used over the last 18 years,

Pros

When I first Switched from Propertyware to Doorloop I was a bit nervous as it seemed a bit daunting and very different. However, the Customer service was amazing. The tutorials were great, but, having a live person to walk you through the whole process of setting up the properties and the accounting made the transition seamless.

Cons

The only thing so far that I do not like is that I cannot have different currencies. One you select one you have to use that for all your clients.

DH

Dijana H.

Very Happy Customer

I am an army of one right now, with my start up business, and DoorLoop's intuitive features, ease of use, accounting and customer service have made the endeavor very manageable.

Pros

The robust, but easy to use, accounting system was my main draw to DoorLoop, but I have been pleasantly surprised by rest of the features. Owner and tenant portals, customizable website, using my own California Association of Realtors leases, and organization of my properties has been a pleasure. The customer service has also been wonderful. From my rep, AJ, who patiently explains everything to me,...

Cons

I manage both short and long term rentals, so I wish the website was able to add a date feature to search for homes. Since I do not manage that many properties, this is not a huge issue, but if I grow much bigger, I think it would be a nice option to have.

CS

Christine S.

Pros out weigh the Cons

Overall experience was very pleasant. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was our specific trainer. He was very patient and knowledgeable.

Pros

It is easy to make corrections/adjustments to all transactions.It is to set up a property and once the property is set-up the financial side is ready to accept transactions. [This would not be the case if you were working with only an accounting software.]Support staff is very knowledgeable and patient.

Cons

Some accounting reports aren't available [ex. 1099s, Profit & Loss Detail Report, and Balance Detail Report - if you have worked with QBO/QBD you would get these reports with out any filtering]The system requires you to associate a project to every transaction, this is difficult if you are tracking commissions, but there is a way around this]Depositing of a rent deposit can be tricky, but once you learn it, it isn't difficult.

SL

Samantha L.

Worth the money!

100% Top notch. I love it.

Pros

The product is very easy to use for both the tenant and the landlord. During the demo call I was expecting them to tell me at the end and I'm glad they did. I did some research prior to booking a demo but doorloop stuck out the me the most. When I heard that we could have 20 properties under one account for one price, I was sold. We have the intention of building our real estate business to over three...

Cons

Honestly, as of right now there's nothing that I can say that I do not like about door Luke. They have been such a great service to me and it has helped me out a lot. We were dealing with a tenant that always paid late and since door loop has came into our business, it's been a breath of fresh air.

RA

Rhiannon A.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

DoorLoop has tremendously helped our rental property business!

We have loved using this software and plan to continue to use it.

Pros

It is very user-friendly and flows nicely. It allows we to visualize all aspects of our business in a cohesive way and helps me to stay organized and keep track of our expenses.

Cons

I wish there weren't different tiered brackets with higher associated fees. Even the basic plan is a bit much for our budget and we don't get access to phone support and additional features.

Hi Rhiannon - thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad to know that DoorLoop's ease of use has been helpful. As far as pricing goes: we hear you, and it's important to us to keep our prices as low as possible while still remaining competitive for the features that we offer. We always want to make sure you're taken care of. If you ever have a question about the software, we will do everything we can do provide the best support possible in minutes! Thank you again for your review and for being a part of the Looper family.

TN

Tanya N.

Help with organization

Overall I have been pleased with doorloop. The online payment has been extremely helpfulI.

Pros

The online payments for the tenants. And great customer service.

Cons

I wish I had the availability to send invoices to clients who do not pay on line and a daily close for payments would be helpful.

AS

Alison S.

Happy with DoorLoop overall

Overall, I am happy with them so far. We have just used them for a month, and I could give a better review when I am more used to the software and have had more time with it.

Pros

I feel they provide almost all the features other property management software companies provide for a better price. I am very happy with the one-on-one zoom call support they provide as we've gotten things set up in their system.

Cons

I do not have a way for my tenants to pay their rent in cash (i.e. connectivity to a cash payment at a 7-11 or via a Western Union location.) The home page is focused on trends and reports. My focus is more on using the software as a tool, as opposed to reviewing profits. So some of the ways to get to specific features I use the most are not quickly accessible and I have to access them in a roundabout way instead of directly. (For example: I cannot easily access a tenant list for a specific property without having to filter it to a portfolio, or the "leases" feature is redundant to the "tenants" feature and I have to go through additional clicks to navigate to either spot.)

SM

Shai M.

DoorLoop Has Been an Absolute Pleasure

Very positive overall experience. It's integration of third party api's like Box Sign, and Plaid for bank connectivity are seamless. These guys definitely outperform the larger, more expensive (and more complicated) legacy peers.

Pros

The simple and intuitive user interface makes this application very easy to onboard with very little training.

Cons

It lacked certain critical features specific to commercial real estate. However the data team is working on implementing those features, which will undoubtedly benefit commercial property operators.