DoorLoop Logo

DoorLoop

Save time, make more money and grow your portfolio.

DoorLoop Reviews - Page 5

CD

Christian D.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

More companies should switch to DoorLoop

Pros

Built in accounting, Zapier integrations and open API, Mobile App. Customer Service responsiveness. Super user-friendly, forward-thinking, nimble tech.

Cons

These are really just add on features that would be useful in the future. Task management could be more robust to handle processes and automated conditional logic. Implement AI-Powered Search within the software. Tenant Portals could have more features such as 2-way messaging, bookings, Automated Property FAQs, Community Boards. Would also like to see more Built-in Integrations with external softwares and Vendors so there's syncing between apps.

TK

Tiffany K.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

DoorLoop Review

Overall I have been nothing but pleased with DoorLoop

Pros

DoorLoop is extremely user friendly. Set up was easy and integrated very well. Customer service by far always exceeds my expectations.

Cons

The only con I have seen with using DoorLoop is that some of the reports could be a bit more customizable. However, I will say they always take feedback and are constantly improving.

AD

Andy D.

DoorLoop for small to medium Property Management Companies

Very satisfied with all it's features. They are always improving based on customer input.

Pros

DoorLoop has it all. I am a small property management company (manage about 40 doors). DoorLoop allows me to find tenants, screen, sign leases, manage repairs, receive rent payments, pay vendors etc. It's truly a one-stop shop for everything property management.

Cons

Took a little time to learn the navigation of the system and get it set up correctly. But once we got through the growing pains, it's been easy to use.

EV

Erin V.

Easiest Property Management Software I've Used

I will definitely continue to use this and hopefully in the near future there will be more pay options for tenants.

Pros

Doorloop is very user friendly, especially for those of us that are not tech savvy! Customer support is very responsive.

Cons

I wish there was a cash pay option and also a way to text tenants individually.

Erin, Thank you for taking the time to review our company, and we are so grateful that you're finding it easy to use. Our development team is currently working on both cash payments and 2 way communication, so make sure to watch our update announcements for when these go live! Thank you again for being a DoorLoop Member, and we look forward to watching your business grow!

CS

Chris S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Best software out there for small-mid size real estate companies

Doorloop offers a straight forward, easy to implement, well supported system. There really isn't a better way to summarize the system.

Pros

There are way too many things to list that I like about Doorloop here, but the short answer is simplicity. The system is designed to be used by anyone, and implementation is fairly straight forward, and the customer support/onboarding ROCKS! I have used other sytems 10x longer than Doorloop, and still struggle to find my way through other systems. Doorloop is the easiest to use, simplest to implement, and best supported product on the market from what I can tell.

Cons

My only complaint about the system is some of the menus are a little clunky between different portfolios, especially around storing leases. This is largely a end user issue once you understand the system, but it is one of the few things I had to bug support about (and they answered it thoroughly).

LE

Lawrence E.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

How Doorloop Worked for Us

With doorloop we were able to reduce the amount of time needed to tend to the homeowners. The collection of fees was a manual process that had its risks. The ability to collect fees using various options was an impressive attraction for us. This product solved those challenges and gave us the abilities we were searching for at a price we could afford and one that fit our needs. What makes doorloop better? not being forced to accept and pay for what you don't need.

Pros

After a very detailed training session and after having all our questions answered (sometimes several times), we were able to easily integrate the platform to suit our style, and getting the HOA members on board was simple. The team we worked with seemed to always be available to answer our questions or expand their instruction or refer us to helpful tools. We never felt like we were bothering them. They explained every aspect of the site and what our money would afford us. They checked in on us often, and never used pressure sales tactics yet, they thoughtfully offered recommendations and explained their reasoning which demonstrated to us that they were listening to what we wanted and not what they wanted to sell to us.

Cons

One thing we hope gets addressed as soon as possible is adding the proper language and labels for HOA's. We had to explain to our homeowners that they were not tenants. The homeowner elements need to be like the tenants as some of our homeowners were caught up by called tenants.

FH

Frederick H.

Real Estate, self-employed

Better than a property management group

Absolutely outstanding. Getting onboarded can be a little confusing, especially if you've never had experience with anything like DoorLoop or rent tracking systems. DoorLoop provided live on-demand training with a coach that made it pretty quick and easy to get setup and running. I would highly recommend DoorLoop for, at least, small to medium sized organizations. I have found DoorLoop VASTLY superior and less expensive than a traditional property management group.

Pros

I use DoorLoop most for tracking tenant maintenance requests. DoorLoop makes it a one-stop-shop for seeing a maintenance request from start to finish. This has been most valuable to us since transitioning from a property management group.

Cons

We have been using DoorLoop for around a year, and so far I've found zero problems. I honestly cannot think of anything that needs to be improved. I'm sure there's something, but everything has been spot-on so far!

SA

Sofia A.

Great Team at Doorloop

So far, the team at door loop is what has made it for me! My demo guy, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] really sold me on the product on how easy it was to navigate with his great explanation of showing me how the software worked and asking me what I was really looking to gain from the product. Since on Boarding, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been an absolute gem. He answers all of my questions and will make time for questions whenever needed! I also appreciate his frequent check ins because it lets me know I'm never alone in learning this software. Overall, incredibly enjoyable to work with.

Pros

I like how esthetically pleasing the software looks. Once in, it is easy to navigate and just on click away from going back to where you started. I also like that I can go to different area's within each section to seamlessly make my way through the Platform.

Cons

I wish there was a way to receive a payment without having to request then deposit payment in the scenario of backtracking data for a new property.

ML

Marie L.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Extremely valuable property management software

Pros

On the Accounting side, the software delivers everything you need to make informed decisions regarding rentals and property management. The software is intuitive to your needs and very customizable. Chat help is available and very helpful in the times we've reached out. The system is something that we will be able to grow with as we acquire more rental units and the tenant portal/online payments will be very useful.

Cons

Not really a con, however, I can see where someone would try to jump right in. My advice would be to take the time to go thru DoorLoop University so that a new user has a clear understanding of how to set up the system for your own needs - and you will learn even more features that you may have not thought you needed.

CA

Carlos A.

Property Manager

Overall, I really like DoorLoop. I think there's a lot to learn but thus far, with practice, this is a great program.

Pros

Easy to navigate and very user friendly.

Cons

Would prefer to have interaction with helpdesk over the phone or zoom. Sometimes I don't receive a clear answer from the text messages online which delays.

LZ

Liz Z.

We love it so far!

So far so great! We were using Quickbooks and Apartments.com and now we have only one application that we can use for both accounting and property management.

Pros

We love the great customer service and the ease of use!

Cons

No mileage tracker. We would like to see that in the future.

RA

Robert A.

One Stop Shop

I like the ease of use and my tenants seem to like it as well which means I get my rents hassle-free

Pros

I like that all facets of managing my real estate portfolio are in one portal.

Cons

The cost is higher than many products but seems like it offers a total package

CM

Corrine M.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Huge Success!

There are hiccups with any new application or program. The hiccups with DoorLoop have been minimal and easily remedied by the simple fact of the company's attention to their customers. The online tools are a tremendous help, the online chat support personnel are extremely knowledgeable and professional. Once up and running, we were not abandoned like so many other programs do. The support continues and check ins from staff continued even after we were up and running.

Pros

The fact that the owners now can see for themselves the rent information and outstanding balances has been the most beneficial - so far. We have barely scratched the surface on what this product can do and it has already been saving us time, money and energy!

Cons

There are some items that could be tweaked but I haven't found a feature that falls under not liking this product.

KZ

Kimberly Z.

Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Resource Saving Tool

It is alot upfront but definitely worth it. If you were starting from scratch with a new business it is an absolute must. We will continue to use this app and expect next year to go even smoother.

Pros

The ability to access accounting and rental information virtually. Great customer/product support through topic search, online chat and zoom meetings.

Cons

The annual rent increases are not automatically populated in the Doorloop tenant portal .

CM

Courtney M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Best addition to my life! Great support team

I love the ease of getting a P and L or balance sheet! This program is very easy to manuver

Pros

The ease of use and the support team, you write them and they email you a response

Cons

That all bank accounts don’t communicate with Plaid.

OD

Orlando D.

Amazing new Property Management Company

My experience has been amazing and I would not consider any other Property Management software programs.

Pros

Easy to implement and use. They have unparalleled prompt customer support.

Cons

I would love it if there was a way to perform credit checks on tenants without social security numbers (those who have Tax ID's only) and I welcome a Spanish version.

MJ

Mike J.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great product with loads of information.

So far, one of the best systems I have used.

Pros

Ease of access and the ability to put as much as possible on "cruise control."

Cons

Charges for signatures. I am looking at other options or how to upgrade.

ZC

Zac C.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Easy to set up and learn with great support team

DoorLoop has been a great option so far and cheaper than some of the other options for the size we are at. We have 35 units mixed between commercial and residential. I suspect once we pass 200 units DoorLoop will no longer be the most economical choice but for our size right now it makes the most sense.

Pros

The set up process for DoorLoop was very easy. Learning how to navigate has been very straightforward and simple and their support team has been easy to get ahold of and quick to answer.

Cons

Most of the Cons I've had so far have been user error that the support team was able to help me navigate or that they didn't use unit based accounting but that feature was just added. Not being able to add a tenant without contact info was slightly irritating but we've found a work around.

AM

Andrew M.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Best value software on the market

It has streamlined our management process, and allowed for the recapture of the most important commodity in business, which is time. With less time spent with spreadsheets and bulky software programs, we can focus more on our core business.

Pros

This program has all of the tools a residential or commercial manager needs, combined with an intuitive interface that can be quickly learned by those new to the industry or seasoned professionals alike. This software is especially good for small to midsize portfolios where managers want all of the features of a full top end program without the heavy costs.

Cons

No real cons to speak of, the learning curve is there for a new user to the industry, but that is the case with any software, not just limited to this one.

SP

Stephany P.

Real Estate, self-employed

DoorLoop is a business in a box

From day one, my account executive helped me to gain access to Doorloop. They assisted with setting it up. Along the way, I had special circumstances and they gladly assisted me with that as well. DoorLoop is a business in a box.

Pros

Doorloop is a business in a box. The tenant and owner portal, the website, and the tenant screening are amazing. The customer service is A1. Door Loop truly cares, and it shows up in their customer service. The training is top notch and they will also be there to help you each step of the way.

Cons

I have no complaints or cons about Door Loop. They are amazing, and their team truly cares.

CD

Christian D.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Middle of the road, good enough for the price

Pros

I had no software prior to doorloop. It has help immensely.

Cons

Accounting is confusing. new lease setup is not very user friendly. Hopefully the software will continue to improve and because simpler and more user friendly.

David V.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

The technology I’ve been waiting for

No software can do every single thing I ever imagined, but with their API, I can most likely accomplish it.

Pros

Definitely the technology of the entire platform. Being a property manager who dabbles in software development, I wanted a software that used the latest and great tech stack that was fast, responsive, mobile-friendly, and could keep up with our needs as we scale the business and our portfolio.

Cons

API documentation could be improved, but I figured it out.

SH

ShelbyLynn H.

Great Software!

Pros

We enjoy all the features that DoorLoop has to offer when it comes to our property management software. We are able to utilize several tasks at once, all stemming straight from the site.

Cons

Sometimes, there are several ways to accomplish a task in DoorLoop but only one "correct" way to complete that task without our accounting being affected. We've had to back track quite a bit to correct our accounting because it wasn't calculating properly.

KL

Kimberly L.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

DoorLoop EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS!

DoorLoop has provided a peace of mind and ease of stress for our company operations.

Pros

First and foremost, DoorLoop's Customer Support Specialists are EXTREMELY knowledgeable regarding their program; especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. We were on a time crunch and assumed we would not be able to launch DoorLoop by our deadline, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] came to the rescue and made the entire process seamless. In addition, the program is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

The only suggestion I would make is to possibly title the onboarding excel spreadsheet category "Address" to "Property", since this is what it is referred to in the actual program.

MM

Marlana M.

The Customer Service!

I cannot rave enough about the customer service through door loop. A honestly make you feel like you are their only client Go above and beyond any time I need their assistance.

Pros

This software had everything that I needed with a lot of additional features that I didn't realize I was missing.

Cons

I can't seem to find any cons to this software whatsoever. All of the features are very simple and user friendly.