DoorLoop Logo

DoorLoop

Save time, make more money and grow your portfolio.

DoorLoop Reviews - Page 7

EC

Emily C.

New Property Manager

Pros

We are new to property management and needed a software that could not only grow with us but educate us. So far, we've had great customer service with technical support and general advice when compared to other property managers.

Cons

Maybe there are ways to implement these things and I just haven't found them yet but I'd like reminders 30 days before a lease is set to expire and I'd like a reminder to make management fee bills. I have not mastered the bill payments yet and that is user error but I'd like to know if the system offers reminders so I do not have to remember. As we obtain more properties this could become more of an issue.

DC

Dana C.

New Property Management - New Software

My experience with DoorLoop has been amazing! I tell anyone who will listen that they will be hard-pressed to find a property management program that is so easy to use, yet so comprehensive.

Pros

The ease of deployment within DoorLoop was fabulous. We were able to get up and running in literally days. The functionality for end-users is highly intuitive. Customer service at DoorLoop is unprecedented in their responsiveness and thoroughness when dealing with issues - large or small. I also appreciate the extreme willingness to listen to what users need and actually develop the product further.

Cons

The only "con" with our time in using DoorLoop is it IS a newer company/program. So some of the functionality is still being developed. That being said, I have yet to make a dev request and be told "no" - DoorLoop really listens to what is needed AND tries to understand why.

KJ

Kyle J.

Much More Robust

Pros

Love that all the features are in one area. Also the ability to receive online work orders is huge. I have used other software previously that had some of these features but not all and was either more expensive or around the same price so good value here.

Cons

The robustness is good and bad, it can take a little bit of a learning curve to figure out how this system works as opposed to competitors but it is because the system is so capable.

DG

David G.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Over a year of experience with this new product

A good experience for a new technology. Good customer support as they build out the product.

Pros

The UI was what we were looking for. We started with task tracking as a priority, but their lease management is good and their tenants portals with the easy set up is terrific.

Cons

Sometimes there are reports we are like that they do not yet offer but they are slowly getting them all there. Sometimes how they associate things takes awhile to get comfortable with.

Hi David, Thank you so much for your feedback! Having an easy, clean UI is a huge priority for us, so we are glad to know that you find it helpful. Thank you for your feedback about reports. We are constantly aiming to make our reporting features as powerful as possible and will be sure to take your feedback into account. Have a great day!

JR

Jeff R.

Why I chose DoorLoop to Manage My Properties

I found the setup of the system straightforward and fairly intuitive. I was offered a couple sessions with customer support to familiarize me with the software, but I already did that on my own. So if you're one who is easily intimidated by software, DoorLoop is already setup to cater to you. Once setup, the automated nature of most areas of property management in the software makes me feel like I have a back office taking care of all the annoying and tedious work so I can relax and enjoy property ownership.

Pros

Once the system is setup, the automation in just about every area of the site is excellent and turns a challenging task (property management) into a very manageable one.

Cons

I was disappointed to learn that when a tenant pays with the ePay option, it takes 9 days for the money to hit the deposit account. I'll adjust my lease to compensate for this next year; I just wish I had known before locking in this tenant.

Aron O.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Helps manage our buildings efficiently

With a development and software engineering background, I can confidently say this program is one of the best developed programs in the industry that utilizes the latest dev languages.

Pros

This was exactly what we were looking for in terms of office leasing, building management, and prospecting. Since we manage numerous buildings, we really liked the ability to have separate logins for each building with separate tenant portals, logos, designs, and more.

Cons

Nothing at the moment, but we’re still fairly new and learning the program.

AS

Ashley S.

User Friendly

Overall I am a huge fan of DoorLoop and have been satisfied with the software. An i am sure to mention the software when speaking to other property managers in my area.

Pros

I love the user friendliness about this software, from set up to daily use it has been fairly easy to navigate. An when needed the technical support has been very helpful to guide or correct problems.

Cons

I would like an easier way to contact someone when i am having an issues versus having to schedule a time for someone to call via zoom. We have managed but sometimes have the ability to talk to someone as soon as that issue arises or while with a customer would be very beneficial.

CP

Cassandra P.

Ease of Use Property Management

Pros

It is so much more user-friendly that other options on the market. Definitely better than trying to keep track of various spreadsheets. Love being able to keep all our documents attached directly to tenant or lease files or buildings as appropriate. Has saved time and money on doing taxes at the end of the year due to the excellent reports generated.

Cons

Some bugs in the system but each time I've been able to get them addressed pretty quickly.

JV

James V.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

50 Units- New to Doorloop and Loving It!

It has been great to move to software management, but I did need to have accounting help.

Pros

Live online updates to rent payments, maintenance labor charges and credit card expenses, once assigned to a unit. It used to take me 1-2 months to tally how much we have spent on a unit, now I can get it real time, which is powerful!

Cons

It was a daunting task to add in all expenses for the year in October when we started, but now it is just the monthly up keep, which is not bad. I wish there were additional ways to pay online for those that do not have bank accounts. The 3% credit card fee is not agreeable to tenants.

DP

Dean P.

Investment Management, 1-10 employees

Lease Management

Love the overall performance of the software and the personalized onboarding process.

Pros

The ease of organizing prospects and tenants. Collecting rents and alerts and announcements

Cons

I would like to see lease renewals linked to tenants emails and alerts sent to tenants when renewals are coming due. Would also like to see rents and security deposits able to be directly deposited into operating and escrow deposits as directed.

MF

Mykayla F.

MUST HAVE!

Pros

We utilize DoorLoop everyday. I love the ease of use, and the fact that I can click in the bottom right hand corner to talk to someone for help whenever I need it. Someone responds in a quick and timely fashion which is helpful always, and I never go without an answer.

Cons

I honestly dont have a ton of cons about DoorLoop. I have submitted requests for features for my landlords to have access too, and they are working on that.

DC

Daniel Colby H.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Best Property Management Software!

Definitely an important asset for our property management division. Helps us track all aspects of the business.

Pros

Cost, Ease of Use / Functionality, Support

Cons

Lack of simple owner statements to provide to owners on a monthly/yearly basis - however, I am told this feature is being added very soon!

Aryeh S.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Makes your company organized

Pros

Doorloop forces you to stay organized. As property managers, there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done or get back to prospects or active tenants that have questions or maintenance requests. When we needed to find any document, lease agreement, contract, or anything in general, it would take forever to comb through our emails, digital and paper files, even though we were already scanning...

Cons

I still wish I had more time in the day!

TE

Taylor E.

Holstein Homes Review

We have been with DoorLoop since their early stages and have grown our business with this company. Look forward to more features coming soon!

Pros

During the week, the customer service reps are incredibly responsive in the chat feature with questions and getting answers immediately. I use this frequently.

Cons

The slight lag in accounting. And the fact other than using another 3rd party to send an echeck that’s costs a fee, there is no easy way to return security deposits.

CD

Cyrus D.

Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees

DoorLoop: A door to the best accounting software

Impressed but can be made a bit better for the cost of usage

Pros

The ease of activity and the pricing features along with recurring invoices and applying payments to the customer are what impressed me the most

Cons

The reporting of each is not upto par and the analysis of the data is quite difficult

SP

Summer P.

Great for beginners

The benefits with using doorloop are, you as the property manager can handle everything from your phone if you are on the go with their app. I love this feature because of the convenience.

Pros

The process and use of this product is simple and the customer service is wonderful

Cons

I am not a fan of the documents such as agreements for lease and management. I had a difficult time downloading them and it took a few days for customer support to send them to me. So they never arrived to my inbox. I had to have doorloop download them and then send them.

MM

Makala M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Doorloop Review

Overall, it has been very useful and great to use

Pros

I love how easy and convenient it is for the administrators and tenants to access anywhere and anytime

Cons

How you can't turn off questions in the lease agreement or application. Not very customiazable

RM

Richard M.

Doorloop Outshines Competition

It has been a pleasure to work with all the DoorLoop employes. The online help has been outstanding.

Pros

DoorLoop has a great global search. Once we research all the varied functions and understand how to use them, they provide a multitude of various reports that can be easily pulled up & printed. The online support is the one thing that outshines the other companies that we have tried. DoorLoop responds to inquires immediately & follows through on a personal level until we fully understand the answer to our problems. If we have a problem that is not available with DoorLoop, they look into integrating a solution for our problem.

Cons

When we print un-paid rents reports, it would be helpful to have the phone numbers of each tenant listed.

nd

nico d.

Doorloop + Miah

Very helpful team always there to answer questions

Pros

Doorloop is the ideal platform for landlords, both commercial and residential, due to its team's exceptional helpfulness and its design tailored specifically to meet the needs of landlords. In contrast to other options available, Doorloop stands out as the best choice for landlords of all sizes, thanks to its comprehensive set of features and user-friendly interface. With Doorloop, landlords can easily manage their properties, track rent payments, and communicate with tenants, among other things. The platform is also highly secure, ensuring that landlords' sensitive information remains protected at all times.

Cons

nothing negative to say about door loop.

KJ

Kay J.

I am Loving This Program

Pros

This program has made a huge impact on us. After over thirty years of managing rentals the old-fashioned way, we were forced to find a better solution when the person who handled everything became ill. We didn't know what we were doing or how things were supposed to be done. With the help of the folks at Doorloop, we were able to transition to a system that makes everything so much easier and faster to do.

Cons

Once we grew accustomed to a new way of doing things, our property management has become so much more efficient, the tenants are happy and the owners are happy. Doorloop is continually making updates and improvements, the program is simple to use, and the support team is always so helpful when we have a question.

SS

Stephanie S.

Door Loop Review

Pros

It is very seamless to use and work with on setting up doors

Cons

the money to hit your account takes a tad long

DR

Daniel R.

Comprehensive Property Management System

Pros

It has a great, easy-to-use UI. The customer service and onboarding specialists are exceptional. It is packed with features.

Cons

Lack of third party integrations, such as maintenance coordination vendors (Latchel), CRM (LeadSimple, Hubspot, etc.), and others.

AA

Amelia A.

Super Easy-User Friendlt

We really enjoy using DoorLoop and it has helped us with our business alot!

Pros

I love the ease of use. Very easy to figure out. The knowledge base is great to figure things out and the support team and process are AMAZING! The tenant request system is phenomenal too-makes communication straightforward.

Cons

The reporting is a little harder to figure out but just takes a little extra thinking

CM

Chris M.

Real Estate, self-employed

Doorloop: The PM Platform Solution for New Property Management Companies

Pros

Customer Service available to answer questions.

Cons

A better bank integration that can be synced without delay would make recording expenses a bit easier.

MM

Michael M.

Real Estate, self-employed

More than what I need

Pros

Although I know I am not the typical customer, I use DL to manage a few of my personal investment rentals. I liked the automation aspect of the program. Since this isn’t my full-time job, I’m not able to be hands on all day and I needed a solution to automate as much as possible from rent collection, reminders, listings, lease renewals, and personal task reminders and deadlines. I don’t use all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done for what I’m looking for.

Cons

There is A LOT this software offers and I hope to one day use more of it when I have the bandwidth.